Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination (22104 Views)

Flood Displaces Residents In Owerri After 12-Hour Rain (Photos) / Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria / Jonathan Goes On Exile In Cote D’Ivoire, Militants Move To Shutdown Oil Output (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by theshadyexpress(m): 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2016
The difficult patch that Nigeria, the largest economy in Africa, is going through does not seem to be abating.
According to a new Nielsen report which provides a ranking of business prospects for leading markets in sub-Saharan Africa, Nigeria is no longer the top investor destination on the continent.
In its place, Cote d’Ivoire has risen to the top of the rankings.
Nielsen Holdings plc is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers watch and buy.
Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services for all devices on which content – video, audio and text – is consumed.
Advertisement
Buoyed by a fast-growing economy and a lengthy period of political stability highlighted by successful elections last year, Cote d’Ivoire is now regarded as a prime destination for investment in Africa.
Although that status could now be affected following a recent attack by Al Qaeda in the Islamic Mahgreb (AQIM).
Having been ranked as the top investor destination at the start of 2015, Nigeria has now fallen to fourth on the rankings. The ominous slide fits the narrative of Nigeria’s slowing economic growth amid a global slump in commodity prices.

https://www.today.ng/business/94315/cote-divoire-displaces-nigeria-to-emerge-africas-top-investor-destination

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by kossyablaze(m): 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
Body Odour everywhere!....I regret voting this brainless dullard!Pls forgive me wailers! I was naïve and brainwashed.My eyes don clear now

162 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Rayhutar(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
Mbuhari self!

18 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
Buhari, clap for urself! I have seen the amazing change you are bringing! undecided

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Pavarottii(m): 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Obviously. Was not expecting anything different; those that voted Buhari(an illetrate) are also illetrates.

Wonder where this country would av degenerated to after 4years.

God help us!

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Sabadon(m): 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
dats wat happens wen ur BOO's name is HARI grin

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by criminalmindz: 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nigeria might Drop to 10th if apc and buhari try to rig rivers state election. Investors will be scared about the political stability

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Idrico(m): 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
Let them go there if the country have the market.Nigeria will still remain No1 in Africa.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Idrico(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2016
criminalmindz:
Nigeria might Drop to 10th if apc and buhari try to rig rivers state election. Investors will be scared about the political stability
What happened when PDP rigged for Wike?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by criminalmindz: 7:20pm On Mar 17, 2016
Idrico:
What happened when PDP rigged for Wike?

Nigeria was no1 investors heaven in africa cus Goodluck was there

111 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 17, 2016
Even Ivory Coast angrythis buhari sef angry

34 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Emancipation2: 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
This is no news. It was bound to happen. More west African countries will follow soon.

Applause to ivory coast and their visionary leader.

Edit: Ivory coast, south African and Kenya are the African countries where the average farmer are just as rich as the business men. The all have lots of medium scale farmers.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
A big congratulations to Buhari and his pinky and the brain cabinet!

The change is real!

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by peacengine(m): 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2016
Stinking body odour everywhere

Buhari is an economic time bomb.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by SleekMallam: 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2016
Most of my fellow Mairuwa pushers have relocated to ivory coast and Ghana.

24 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by banki(m): 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
Go and see what ivory coast and Ghana are doing with thier cocoa and cashew farms!

Supplying cocoa to the rest of the world?

We are here licking our oil

30 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Emancipation2: 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
banki:
Go and see what ivory coast and Ghana are doing with thier cocoa and cashew farms!

Supplying cocoa to the rest of the world?

We are here licking our oil

Nigeria is a depressing country.

17 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Vicadonis(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Thank you Buhari

14 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by drss(m): 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
buari dullard body odor is really working - scaring away foriegn investors. nigerians go hear am. by d time buari is through with dis con3 nigerians will start queing in niger rep embassy.

23 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by fistonati(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2016
You mean that wartorn Ivory coast?? What am I even saying what do you expect when Nigeria is at war with itself and the leaders are celebrating economic crisis while rural infrastructure, roads dualization, epileptic power supply, education and agriculture are turned deaf ears to.

13 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by DBossNG(m): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2016
Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
I've been expecting...

11 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by lilprinze: 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
buhari and APC have nothing positive to offer this country.
Instead of the dullard to think of how to grow and improve our economy the fool is busy touring round the world like a tourist.

20 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
Why don't I believe this story?

I'm no Buhari loyalist- I heard if I post "...BooBoo is a dullard..." I will get 'likes'.

I know Nigeria shall rise again.

7 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by mcvaeey(m): 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nigeria is a failed country the earlier we all realise it the better for all of us.

4 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Dollyak(f): 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is not surprising when you look at the fact. Lagos for instance should be an investment magnet if it wasn't for politics.
I have never seen any major city that gives away more than 95% of its earnings to the federal government like Lagos.
Until Nigeria practice fiscal federalism there will never be progress.
The problem is as much the citizens as the leaders.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by rozayx5(m): 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
and when bubu da dullard said the bad economy was a blessing . half baked graduate were agreeing with hm all in e name of political zombieism undecided undecided undecided

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by eleojo23: 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nobody wants to invest in a country with a confused government.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
No p
Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by neolboy(m): 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
Chai, Baba destroying the economy GEJ and co fought so hard to make

30 Likes

Re: Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination by crownwealth: 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims / I’ll Beat Atiku, Tinubu Landslide, Kola Abiola Boasts / National Assembly Increases 2018 Budget To N9.1trn (dailytrust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.