Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353063 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 1:25am On Sep 08, 2015
Thanks all
Re: Club-Lexus by Mlud: 4:25am On Sep 08, 2015
Lexus GX470

Greetings

I am considering buying a GX470 and will like guidance please from Lexus experts or those who know more about this motor.

I have opened a thread where I am making comparisons:-

https://www.nairaland.com/2582604/mercedes-gl450-v-range-rover

Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:07am On Sep 08, 2015
Mlud:
Lexus GX470

Greetings

I am considering buying a GX470 and will like guidance please from Lexus experts or those who know more about this motor.

I have opened a thread where I am making comparisons:-

https://www.nairaland.com/2582604/mercedes-gl450-v-range-rover

Thanks.

Refer back to your comparism thread, I've done justice to it.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:09am On Sep 08, 2015
1Emmy:
I am Currently in Kano. I don't know any good motor mechanic here but I will try the guy that changed my break pads if he can help. Thanks all
Lexus are sensitive vehicle, don't give them to kazeem or else you'll cry bitterly.
To check if your catalytic converter matrix is broken and is blocking your exhaust, do this trick, at night, start the car and let some one rev the car and build the rev up gently but don't go above 6
You go under the car and look at the exhaust lines from where it joins the engine to the tip of the exhaust. If it glows, at a point or area, then your exhaust is blocked by the broken catalyst.However, since you're close to Abuja, I'd suggest you tow the car in a flat bed truck (its an RX350 which I feel is AWD) to Mike in Abuja, he'll gladly help you out, I've spoken to him 07034581213.
Re: Club-Lexus by Inception(m): 11:31am On Sep 08, 2015
kingreign:

Lexus are sensitive vehicle, don't give them to kazeem or else you'll cry bitterly.
To check if your catalytic converter matrix is broken and is blocking your exhaust, do this trick, at night, start the car and let some one rev the car and build the rev up gently but don't go above 6
You go under the car and look at the exhaust lines from where it joins the engine to the tip of the exhaust. If it glows, at a point or area, then your exhaust is blocked by the broken catalyst.However, since you're close to Abuja, I'd suggest you tow the car in a flat bed truck (its an RX350 which I feel is AWD) to Mike in Abuja, he'll gladly help you out, I've spoken to him 07034581213.

grin

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Yardjunk: 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
I wud really appreciate if i could get the costs of d following for a 2005 lexus rx 330
Right fender
Right headlamp
Right fog lamp
Sand protectors right and left front
One alloy rim
Thank you

Location is Lagos
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yardjunk:
I wud really appreciate if i could get the costs of d following for a 2005 lexus rx 330
Right fender
Right headlamp
Right fog lamp
Sand protectors right and left front
One alloy rim
Thank you

Location is Lagos
Chief Gazzuzz, someones RX seem to have been involved in a crash, he might need your help.
Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 3:07am On Sep 09, 2015
kingreign:

Thanks for the suggestion. My main concern is the p0355 and p0353, that is the ignition Coil problem. Forget about the catalyst converter. Since the original one was stolen the the one I bought from ladipo market has refused to work well. My vehicle's sound is ok, the fuel consumption is ok. So am OK with exhaust.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:40am On Sep 09, 2015
1Emmy:

Thanks for the suggestion. My main concern is the p0355 and p0353, that is the ignition Coil problem. Forget about the catalyst converter. Since the original one was stolen the the one I bought from ladipo market has refused to work well. My vehicle's sound is ok, the fuel consumption is ok. So am OK with exhaust.

P0355 refers to the coil pack, cables or sparkplug in bank 5 of your engine, same refers to P0353 which refers to bank 3. However, if all is checked, swapped and none bad, check your ECU.

As for your Catalyst, its never about your vehicle's sound, its about your engine. If your catalyst matrix is broken and blocks your exhaust line, it could result in a catastrophic engine blowout. Don't be deceived, its not about your MPG or sound, but then, its none of my business.
Cheers!
Re: Club-Lexus by nissparts(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2015
He is referring to the catalytic converter being emptied of the element so there is nothing to break and clog the exhaust line.

In my experience, 90% of misfires in toyota and lexus vehicles have been cured by simply using Mobil's Positive power injector cleaner sold at any Mobil station. It is so effective that I have driven badly misfiring toyota's to the fuel station, poured in this product and before driving out the station the misfires clear and the check engine light disappears.

Anyone with a misfire should try this first before even checking the cylinder in question

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by lungwun(m): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
kingreign:

I'm about to jump the shark and say you are the former moderator named lomomike. (Who was a bellend if I may add)
Similar mannerism and composition of posts.
Happy to be proven wrong but I'm never wrong.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
lungwun:

I'm about to jump the shark and say you are the former moderator named lomomike. (Who was a bellend if I may add)
Similar mannerism and composition of posts.
Happy to be proven wrong but I'm never wrong.
Bellend, stupïd contemptive person?
Bellend, glans penïs?
Bellend...?
Which one do you refer lomomike to?
Re: Club-Lexus by lungwun(m): 11:16am On Sep 10, 2015
kingreign:

Bellend, stupïd contemptive person?
Bellend, glans penïs?
Bellend...?
Which one do you refer lomomike to?

Quite possibly all of those.

He Suffered too much from groupthink and ultimately lacked the objectivity that was needed to moderate efficiently.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2015
lungwun:

Quite possibly all of those.

He Suffered too much from groupthink and ultimately lacked the objectivity that was needed to moderate efficiently.
If he went thru all these, how come you didn't take off the moderating function from him?
You talk alot albeit rudely but its your business.
Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
I really appreciates every ones contribution to solve this problem. Thank you all.
I went to a mechanic shop today they checked all the spark plugs all the coil and wires and at the end every component was OK. Infact I became more confused. But the engineer suggested I change all the spark plugs. We did and cleared the errors yet after little drive the check reappeared.
I am thinking if this is a result of a bad fuel because all these mess started the day I refueld my tank at a filling station. Though am not 100% sure. Just confused.
Re: Club-Lexus by nissparts(m): 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
1Emmy:
I really appreciates every ones contribution to solve this problem. Thank you all.
I went to a mechanic shop today they checked all the spark plugs all the coil and wires and at the end every component was OK. Infact I became more confused. But the engineer suggested I change all the spark plugs. We did and cleared the errors yet after little drive the check reappeared.
I am thinking if this is a result of a bad fuel because all these mess started the day I refueld my tank at a filling station. Though am not 100% sure. Just confused.

nissparts:
He is referring to the catalytic converter being emptied of the element so there is nothing to break and clog the exhaust line.
In my experience, 90% of misfires in toyota and lexus vehicles have been cured by simply using Mobil's Positive power injector cleaner sold at any Mobil station. It is so effective that I have driven badly misfiring toyota's to the fuel station, poured in this product and before driving out the station the misfires clear and the check engine light disappears.
Anyone with a misfire should try this first before even checking the cylinder in question
Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 12:10am On Sep 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh7_HVdXjLAl_Zmmn-RgRgiZCQTNprXtwm4Z7mBwCz-wmFNLtSYA[/img]

Check this component

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA3n52ybG52ZKlOAO8kPjcZ1iYc1q8J8m9SR4RL0IBbl_yl1boaQ[/img]

Use the first pic to identify cylinder 5 then the next shows you coil 5 is under the intake, but accessible if carful.

- Coil might be damaged
- Harness(wire) to coil might be damaged or.
have poor electrical connection
- Engine ecu might be kpomed having.
issues

thanks for this response and aid, i just did another scan this evening and discovered that the error code has jumped from C and E to D and F. to me, this means that two coils are really faulty,the coils were mixed and stalled irrespective of their original position.
So i will go back to him and ask him to replace the faulty coil using you diagram.
Re: Club-Lexus by lungwun(m): 7:50am On Sep 11, 2015
kingreign:

If he went thru all these, how come you didn't take off the moderating function from him?
You talk alot albeit rudely but its your business.

Yeah you are definitely him. grin

Lomo, How far?

I was rude to you because there was a time we crossed paths on nairaland and rather than be objective, you pandered to the crowd.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:11am On Sep 11, 2015
lungwun:

Yeah you are definitely him. grin

Lomo, How far?

I was rude to you because there was a time we crossed paths on nairaland and rather than be objective, you pandered to the crowd.
Limo is fine... cool
Re: Club-Lexus by jesussaves22: 9:11am On Sep 11, 2015
Please lexus owners and gurus am about acquiring rx 300 2002/2003 model. Please i luv the car and would want to know how it functions, maintenance, fuel consumptions, parts availability, reliability etc. Is going to be my first vehicle oh. Your answers are highly nreded.
Re: Club-Lexus by jesussaves22: 6:52am On Sep 12, 2015
jesussaves22:
Please lexus owners and gurus am about acquiring rx 300 2002/2003 model. Please i luv the car and would want to know how it functions, maintenance, fuel consumptions, parts availability, reliability etc. Is going to be my first vehicle oh. Your answers are highly nreded.
chief gasuzzz et tal please make una talk to me
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02am On Sep 12, 2015
jesussaves22:

Pay some one to inspect before buying.

It's a nice ride.
Re: Club-Lexus by Drgreatone: 9:53am On Sep 12, 2015
@kingreign need ur help in comparin and makin an informed choice btw the 02 rx 300 and pathy/qx4,sent a mail as I am not sure if its right to discuss it here
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 11:30am On Sep 12, 2015
Drgreatone:
@kingreign need ur help in comparin and makin an informed choice btw the 02 rx 300 and pathy/qx4,sent a mail as I am not sure if its right to discuss it here
OK, I'd check it.
Re: Club-Lexus by jesussaves22: 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Pay some one to inspect before buying.

It's a nice ride.
Is comming from canada.. Thoough i have paid for it already. Pls tell me abt the vehicle. Maintenance, fuel consuummption, parts availabillity.. Pls tell me how to maintain the vehicle and its annticcipated problems. This will help in keepinng it clean.. I live in warri pls do you know a goood mechanic here in warri?
Re: Club-Lexus by jesussaves22: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2015
jesussaves22:
Is comming from canada.. Thoough i have paid for it already. Pls tell me abt the vehicle. Maintenance, fuel consuummption, parts availabillity.. Pls tell me how to maintain the vehicle and its annticcipated problems. This will help in keepinng it clean.. I live in warri pls do you know a goood mechanic here in warri?
please chief Gazzuzz and kingreign et tal please respond to me ooh. I want to be informed so that i will not be deformed... Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by jesussaves22: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2015
Chief gazzuzz and kingreign et tal please kindly respond to me oooh
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 11:05am On Sep 14, 2015
jesussaves22:
Buy it. Its a good vehicle, its just a highlander. However, I'd be extra careful buying cars from Canada due to snowfalls which necessitates the use of salts to thaw ice which in turn could start affecting cars (making rusts form on cars). Pls run a VIN check on your car before paying anything.
Re: Club-Lexus by jesussaves22: 12:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
kingreign:

Buy it. Its a good vehicle, its just a highlander. However, I'd be extra careful buying cars from Canada due to snowfalls which necessitates the use of salts to thaw ice which in turn could start affecting cars (making rusts form on cars). Pls run a VIN check on your car before paying anything.
ok. Thanks. But the car is already on ship. The dealer who is a brother to a friend assured me that the vehicle is in good condition. He even said that if i inspect it in lagos wen it lands and dont like it dat he will pay back my money with interest. Also before this one now i have rejected two cars from him which he later sold. But he gave me assurance that this one is extremely clean both engine and transmission. So i will do wat you suggested wen the car arrive. But pls give me safety and maintenance tips for the vehicle. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Club-Lexus by Drgreatone: 3:13am On Sep 15, 2015
kingreign:
OK, I'd check it.
Still waiting sir or maybe u can post it here. Thanks a lot
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:31am On Sep 15, 2015
Drgreatone:

Still waiting sir or maybe u can post it here. Thanks a lot
The email you sent me was only an alert, it's content was, Hello kingreign,

Drgreatone would like to send you an email message, but since you're not connected, you'll need to contact Drgreatone by replying this email.

Regards,
Nairaland Team,
For: https://www.nairaland.com/drgreatone"

Nothing else in the message, I however replied, 'hello' to you but no feedback again.
Re: Club-Lexus by Drgreatone: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2015
kingreign:

The email you sent me was only an alert, it's content was, Hello kingreign,

Drgreatone would like to send you an email message, but since you're not connected, you'll need to contact Drgreatone by replying this email.

Regards,
Nairaland Team,
For: https://www.nairaland.com/drgreatone"

Nothing else in the message, I however replied, 'hello' to you but no feedback again.
Didn't see ur reply,It said I cudnt pm u directly unless I sent that first which was why I did,not seen any reply.guess I need help learning ow to pm ppl on NL

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.