Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (355030 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Kashif(m): 5:51am On Oct 03, 2015
Amantuegbe:
Dear lexus users, i am having challenge with my gearbox. I recently replaced the gearbox of my Lexus Rx350, 2007 model, but on driving home from the mechanic workshop i realised that the vehicle wasn't moving freely. I tried forcing it to accelerate, but it was moving too slowly. After awhile it stopped moving, so i stepped out to check what was the problem and realised that the gearbox was leaking profusely. The entire ATF (Type IV) was on the ground. I was later informed that the gearbox was bad and would require a replacement. I took it back to the gearbox seller and i was required to add additional money for a replacement. After the replacement the seller insisted that they would prefer their expert to work on it or else they will not be liable for another damage to the gearbox. I agreed and allowed their mechanic to come-around and fix the gearbox. After fixing, we then tried to test the vehicle, i realised that after driving for about 5 minutes, i was having difficulty in accelerating so i sensed that the gearbox was still having a similar problem as earlier. I informed the mechanic and parked the car immediately. We realised that the gearbox was graduallly leaking, the mechanic decided to apply four (4) minutes glue to stop the leakage. Thereafter we tried driving it, but it was still moving slowly. We stopped again and checked, it was still leaking but not that serious, just drops. We checked the gauge and it was ok. So he informed me that the gearbox requires another replacement. The mechanic later left, and i tried taking it home, but it finally stopped moving along the way except for the reverse. I managed to drive home with the reverse in the night. The reverse is perfectly working. But the drives only work when the car engines cools down. That is it works for like 5-7 minutes, then it stops working. I will like to know what is the problem, is it a faulty gearbox or wrong fixing of the gearbox? Thanks.

Are you able to spot where the leak is coming from? Casing or shaft? What happened to your original gearbox? Can you describe how it started? I feel your pain man.
Re: Club-Lexus by Kashif(m): 5:53am On Oct 03, 2015
kingreign:

1. Who use a Toyota ATF Type T-IV on an 350 when the recommended ATF is type WS?
Well, call or send a whatsapp message to Lomomike 07034581213 ASAP. He'll help out.

Practically, that should not be the problem.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:02am On Oct 03, 2015
Kashif:

Practically, that should not be the problem.
Those newer Toyota gearbox are almost non DIY serviceable.
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10am On Oct 03, 2015
Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
Yes this is the picture. Please what is it used for. What the function of the button. Infact am afraid of using it because I don't know what it means.

Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
1Emmy:
Yes this is the picture. Please what is it used for. What the function of the button. Infact am afraid of using it because I don't know what it means.
That button is a recirculation button. Its used to recirculate the air inside the cabin rather than drawing air from the exterior into the interior.
Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
Thanks Bro. I have tried my manual yet I can't find the explanation. Hmm good function for that matter

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
1Emmy:
Thanks Bro. I have tried my manual yet I can't find the explanation. Hmm good function for that matter
Its explained in the manual.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 5:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
Guy

How do you get part numbers?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
Emperoh:
Guy

How do you get part numbers?
They're written on the part you have in the car and this number matches the parts you wish to purchase.

Eg, if you want to purchase a cooling fan module, the part number is written on the module, that same number is what you'll use to buy exact item.
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
1Emmy:

Best to use the recirculation button when your ac is on, when passing a smelly area or when smoke pollution is almost chocking you(All glasses on your vehicle has to be wound fully up).
Re: Club-Lexus by neyogasgas: 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
A great forum you have here for Lexus lovers must say. I use an Rx 330 2005 and somehow I recently pressed my brake and realised after that, the daylight time isn't coming on again. I kinda love the feel of it so my question: HOW DO I GET IT BACK ON!!!?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
neyogasgas:
A great forum you have here for Lexus lovers must say. I use an Rx 330 2005 and somehow I recently pressed my brake and realised after that, the daylight time isn't coming on again. I kinda love the feel of it so my question: HOW DO I GET IT BACK ON!!!?

Do you mean DRL Daytime Running Light that is on when the car moves during day time?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
1Emmy:
I'm just seeing this, so your car comes with Mp3 playback capability?
Re: Club-Lexus by neyogasgas: 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
kingreign:

Do you mean DRL Daytime Running Light that is on when the car moves during day time?

Yes
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
neyogasgas:

Yes

To activate the DRL system, ensure the vehicle engine is running, the pair of Highbeam bulbs are good and the DRL fuse are good. Then, disengage the parking brake. This will automatically turn on the DRL.
Re: Club-Lexus by neyogasgas: 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
kingreign:

To activate the DRL system, ensure the vehicle engine is running, the pair of Highbeam bulbs are good and the DRL fuse are good. Then, disengage the parking brake. This will automatically turn on the DRL.

Thank you! You guys are awesome. To think someone is still up at this time helping out a fella is commendable. Will try it tomorrow morning. Gracias bro

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
King reign formerly known as lomomike thanks for all ur contributions to the lexus thread. But seriously you are pulling my mind away from honda for a lexus next year. grin

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by neyogasgas: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2015
I tried disengaging the parking brake but the DRL still is off. I am sure though the Highbeam bulbs are good. Wonder why it won't come on. It started on Sunday when I used the parking brake at church. Sometime I rarely do. Bummer!
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2015
dumo1:
King reign formerly known as lomomike thanks for all ur contributions to the lexus thread. But seriously you are pulling my mind away from honda for a lexus next year. grin

Running around and saying an inchantment **Pls come pls come pls come** cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2015
neyogasgas:
I tried disengaging the parking brake but the DRL still is off. I am sure though the Highbeam bulbs are good. Wonder why it won't come on. It started on Sunday when I used the parking brake at church. Sometime I rarely do. Bummer!

Your location pls, I might be of help.
I always engage my parking brakes whenever I stop.
Re: Club-Lexus by neyogasgas: 10:19am On Oct 08, 2015
kingreign:

Your location pls, I might be of help.
I always engage my parking brakes whenever I stop.

I stay at Ire Akari Estate, Isolo
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2015
neyogasgas:

I stay at Ire Akari Estate, Isolo

Call gazzuzz he can help you out.08023251039

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 1:01am On Oct 09, 2015
kingreign:

I'm just seeing this, so your car comes with Mp3 playback capability?
Yes, hope is same with all.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 3:17am On Oct 09, 2015
1Emmy:

Yes, hope is same with all.

Its not same with all. Is yours mark Levinson?
Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
kingreign:

Its not same with all. Is yours mark Levinson?
Yes, it is Mark Levinson. Tell me what is even special about this mark Levinson
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
1Emmy:

Yes, it is Mark Levinson. Tell me what is even special about this mark Levinson

its a premium luxury sound and audiophile maker, they make JBL synthesis for toyota XLE, highlander Limited, avalon limited etc too

however, the sound the mark levinson produce are premium surround sounds and they use premium luxury materials for their cones. This results in crisp vocals, rich bass/trebble and accurate music instrument notes.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by princely83(m): 11:48am On Oct 10, 2015
Hello club lexus,

Please who can help me fix my 05 lexus rx 330 cd player as two of my cds r trapped inside and it doesnt allow me input any other one. Please I need help as I am only stuck with radio......

Thanks and my location is ph.

Nb: I have tried every reset option prescribed online to bring out the cds but all to no avail.
Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
princely83:
Hello club lexus,

Please who can help me fix my 05 lexus rx 330 cd player as two of my cds r trapped inside and it doesnt allow me input any other one. Please I need help as I am only stuck with radio......

Nb: I have tried every reset option prescribed online to bring out the cds but all to no avail.
Once had similar problem. Try my style and see if it will work for you. Press eject and the cd will attempt to come out but will not, at the point when you can see a part of the trapped cd, use another cd and Jack or lift it up carefully and it will successfully eject.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
princely83:
Hello club lexus,

Na another palava. The earlier Lexus RX330's CD tray module has a recall for such fault. Well, all I can say is give it a good slap or blow with a fist.
Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 10:50am On Oct 22, 2015
Guys, I got problems with my cold start switch. Cranking the engine in the morning, especially on cold mornings, is a problem. Any clues?

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.