Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (355343 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39am On Dec 04, 2015
kingreign:

Contact Gazzuzz, he's very good at his job, he'll tell you what's best for your vehicle. 08023251039

Best to buy steering close to where you are, just in case. It's best to buy a toks rack.

Inhibitor switch might be weak, that's why the car gets stuck in park, it might also be a misaligned shifter cable. If the range switch cannot detect car is in park, pressing the brakes will not release the inhibitor switch.
Re: Club-Lexus by toba1909(m): 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
jorghor:
I just got one too. Never expected so much appreciation for the car. Pls update so I can learn from your experience

Do you mean yours is Sport Edition also?
My Lexus ES 330 Sport Edition has not given me problems beyond capacity, and like I stated in my first comment here...... I will give details of observations soon.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:00am On Dec 05, 2015
ES series like all other series except RX series has only two trims (which is so known in house by lexus) they're the luxury edition and the ultra luxury edition.

The luxury edition might come stock or plain almost empty or with just a satnav and one or two ultra luxury features, but the ultra luxury edition have all the bells and whistles a man can play with while in the car.

That said, recently, lexus shifted into three distinct trim, the luxury trim and the F trim. In the luxury trim, there's still a subtle division which is as described above, the F trim is sports. Eg of F trim are RX-F, IS-F, GS-F etc, while the third trim is mainly hybrid vehicle.
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 5:54am On Dec 07, 2015
Been having some vibrations on my steering when I applied my brakes. So I located this metal works (where crankshaft are ground) and the guy says he does resurfacing of brake disc.

I decided to give it a trial, after the job I paid him the agreed sum and went for a test drive. Well all I can say is that the problem went from 4/10 to 14/10. With more scary symptoms added.

I just drove straight to a spare dealer and got a new set of discs and changed them on the spot.

The car brakes peacefully now.

I don't doubt that there are places where brake discs can be filed, but most don't check their work quality. Well personal I won't advice anyone to resurface their discs. Except to put a money back guarantee if the problem persists.
Re: Club-Lexus by kaykay27(m): 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2015
Hi Folks,
Is there a place i can get a dashboard cover/protector for a 2008 Rx350 in Lagos?
Kindly advise.
Many thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by delaw4u: 6:52am On Dec 25, 2015
Gm lexus owner
I just aquire lexus rx300 to join the league
Now I notice something I need ur help
2002 model
Awd
Auto

What I notice
1 vsc light on dash
2 headlamp auto levelling symbol on dash
3 when I pressed the brake on highway the steering vibrate though the owner side has gone can it cause the vibration on the steering wheel?
4 there is winning or like griding noise under the car when am moving slowly but when I summ off nothing of such is there anything to check or its normal pls help me out
freemayor4u@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:19am On Dec 25, 2015
delaw4u:
Gm lexus owner
I just aquire lexus rx300 to join the league
Now I notice something I need ur help
2002 model
Awd
Auto

What I notice
1 vsc light on dash
2 headlamp auto levelling symbol on dash
3 when I pressed the brake on highway the steering vibrate though the owner side has gone can it cause the vibration on the steering wheel?
4 there is winning or like griding noise under the car when am moving slowly but when I summ off nothing of such is there anything to check or its normal pls help me out
freemayor4u@yahoo.com
Thanks

Merry christmas bro,
1. Your illuminated VSC light is a stability system malfunction, it should be checked, try pressing the VSC button if it does nothing, then you'll need to go for professional help. Is the check engine light on too?
2. There's an auto level sensor on the suspension which might be malfunctioning. However, try pressing the auto level lamp (if yours have the button) for 20seconds if it will reset it. If it doesn't reset it, then the sensor must be replaced (that's if the auto level motor in the headlamp hasn't been damaged)
3. your vibrating steering wheel on braking is caused by uneven brake disc surface. If you can get to gazzuzz, he is capable to do it for you.
4. Na village people at work, pray harder. (Actually that car needs to be inspected, physically diagnosed before the solution can be gotten).
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 06, 2016
Goodevening House, i've been in a state of confusion as per the ride to choose. Pls kindly enlighten me on the pros and cons of these ladies. 2007 Is250 and 2007 GS.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 1:44am On Jan 06, 2016
castroevans:
Goodevening House, i've been in a state of confusion as per the ride to choose. Pls kindly enlighten me on the pros and cons of these ladies. 2007 Is250 and 2007 GS.

The cons in GS and Is is that they're very beautiful, very luxurious and you know that's what lexus stands for.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 4:31am On Jan 06, 2016
kingreign:

The cons in GS and Is is that they're very beautiful, very luxurious and you know that's what lexus stands for.

Did you mean cons or pros?
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 4:31am On Jan 06, 2016
castroevans:

Which of the GS variants are you contemplating?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 06, 2016
2007 GS300...quote author=Lexusgs430 post=41698385]

Which of the GS variants are you contemplating? [/quote]
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 11:06am On Jan 06, 2016
castroevans:
2007 GS300...quote author=Lexusgs430 post=41698385]

Which of the GS variants are you contemplating?

The GS300 is a better option, if you love the big nature and long bodyframe.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Did you mean cons or pros?
na as cons no dey na make i write wetin i write.
Re: Club-Lexus by ZZYA: 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
Happy new year to my great guys- kingreign and GAZZUZZ. club lexus family is proud of you. kindly assist me with contact of a professional Lexis RX 300 mechanic in Benin City. I wish to run a scan on my rx 300 and do fixes by a lexus mechanic here in Benin. it consumes fule, black smoke from exhaust, and engine makes knock -knock noise at a cold start and diminishes within few minutes. many thanks for your great works on this forum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
ZZYA:
Happy new year to my great guys- kingreign and GAZZUZZ. club lexus family is proud of you. kindly assist me with contact of a professional Lexis RX 300 mechanic in Benin City. I wish to run a scan on my rx 300 and do fixes by a lexus mechanic here in Benin. it consumes fule, black smoke from exhaust, and engine makes knock -knock noise at a cold start and diminishes within few minutes. many thanks for your great works on this forum.
I can help you out on a free scan before the weekend.
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 12:09am On Jan 07, 2016
kingreign:

na as cons no dey na make i write wetin i write.

Lol. By the time you drive the GS on a V8, you go know say the cons dey ur wallet!!!
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 5:03am On Jan 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Lol. By the time you drive the GS on a V8, you go know say the cons dey ur wallet!!!
Na normal with every V8 car. GS V8 na ULEV and the mpg is not bad for a vehicle of that dimension
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 8:04am On Jan 07, 2016
kingreign:

Na normal with every V8 car. GS V8 na ULEV and the mpg is not bad for a vehicle of that dimension

Bad for my pocket o. Compared to consumption on the BRZ!!!
Re: Club-Lexus by ZZYA: 8:58am On Jan 07, 2016
colossus2:

Many thanks colossus! It is well appreciated but respectfully my post still beg for the contact of a professional lexus rx 300 mechanic here in Benin. Any useful info that can help in that regard will be warmly appreciated.
Note: after scan, I would need the mechanic
Re: Club-Lexus by ZZYA: 9:03am On Jan 07, 2016
Reposting for help..........

Happy new year to my great guys- kingreign and GAZZUZZ and other members of club lexus family. kindly assist me with contact of a professional Lexus RX 300 mechanic in Benin City. I wish to run a scan on my rx 300 and do fixes by a lexus mechanic here in Benin. it consumes fuel, black smoke from exhaust, and engine makes knock -knock noise at a cold start and diminishes within few minutes. many thanks for your great works on this forum.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 10:22am On Jan 07, 2016
ZZYA:

Many thanks colossus! It is well appreciated but respectfully my post still beg for the contact of a professional lexus rx 300 mechanic here in Benin. Any useful info that can help in that regard will be warmly appreciated.
Note: after scan, I would need the mechanic
You can try Unibright Motors - 54 Urubi Street. It is before 5-junction if you are coming from Iyaro.
Re: Club-Lexus by apexquest(m): 9:42am On Jan 08, 2016
colossus2:

Pls sir, I would also need your help to scan my car. Plsss.. My CEL has been on for months. Share your number if u don't mind, let me call u sir. I'm in Benin. Car is Nissan Primera 2.0i 1998.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 11:00am On Jan 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by jorghor(m): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
I need the contact of a professional lexus ES 330 mechanic here in Ilorin. Any useful info that can help in that regard will be warmly appreciated.
Re: Club-Lexus by Realone018(m): 12:56am On Jan 16, 2016
Good morning house. Can anyone please introduce me to any Lexus mechanic here in ibadan to help check on my Lexus Es300. Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by obitryce(m): 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2016
Good afternoon esteemed club members, I had my front axle changed in my 2005 RX330 AWD when it went bad in dec. 2014 and ever since then i noticed a whining sound whenever i de-acelerate and also of recent little drops of oil around the axle that was replaced & was told by my alignment guy that my axle is leaking, though the car moves fine. Please your candid advice will be well appreciated thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:25am On Jan 20, 2016
obitryce:
Good afternoon esteemed club members, I had my front axle changed in my 2005 RX330 AWD when it went bad in dec. 2014 and ever since then i noticed a whining sound whenever i de-acelerate and also of recent little drops of oil around the axle that was replaced & was told by my alignment guy that my axle is leaking, though the car moves fine. Please your candid advice will be well appreciated thanks.

The axle installed seem to be a reworked axle or a dying axle or leaks due to oil seeping from gaps. Hope your axle was filled with specified hypoid axle/gear oil?
Re: Club-Lexus by obitryce(m): 8:13am On Jan 20, 2016
the axle was confirmed it was not reworked before i bought it, just little drops of oil is noticed around the axle. My main issue is the funny noise i hear coming from under the car whenever i de-acelerate.

N.B The car moves quite well and i've used it over a year now cuz i got tired of complaining and visiting mechanics based on that noise.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:20am On Jan 20, 2016
obitryce:
the axle was confirmed it was not reworked before i bought it, just little drops of oil is noticed around the axle. My main issue is the funny noise i hear coming from under the car whenever i de-acelerate.

N.B The car moves quite well and i've used it over a year now cuz i got tired of complaining and visiting mechanics based on that noise.

Check for oil in the axle first.
Re: Club-Lexus by obitryce(m): 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
There's oil in the axle, i always make sure of that
Re: Club-Lexus by Omike85(m): 5:22am On Jan 22, 2016
morning. pls I av a Lexus ls400 car with etc pwr light blinking when I accelerate. scanned and showd p0773 shift solenoid e electrical.. changed the solenoid but still d same. what could be wrong?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (141) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.