Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Girls must be girls - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Girls must be girls (4525 Views)

African Story Challenge Health Cycle Open For Entries. ($20,000 For 20 Projects) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls must be girls by DzTzl(f): 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
fflwng pls let it b bta dn seduction!
Re: Girls must be girls by DEllaluv(f): 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nyc 1 here...ds ronke of a grl sef,and wts wt d kelvin guy,abi he wan destroy 2 sisters
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
Wil upload after el classico 2day #pray4barca. Chao
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
''i thought there will be a tiny bit of excitment'' mr shola stared at everyone of them. Not even ronke had a smile on her face. Regardless he continued. ''i know this is hard. To give one's child away to someone you don't know,but i promise you it's for the best''
''your father is right,honey'' mrs shola spoke for the first time. ''in between school and living your life as a teenager,you would not have enough time for your son but if you give him to someone else. Some other couple out there. They will cherish him as their own and raise him in the best possible way which he deserves.'' she forced a smile. It was an emotional one.
''okay. I have heard you both'' bummi braved up. ''so what's next?''
mr shola hesitated for a while as if to check if she was ready.
''mrs lizzy said she would set up time for a homestudy or two. Don't worry,it's just for formality sake. After that,the couple would like a meeting with you. And probably junior too''. He smiled. ''then the paper works and voila! He becomes theirs'' his smile grew wider. ''they are even willing to pay a token'' he added and his wife elbowed him.
''great. You want to sell him. What do they call that? I think it's called child trafficking'' ronke commented and her parents shot her a scorn. ''what?''
''it's not child trafficking. They just want to drop something for the mother to say thanks'' mr shola battled with his words.
''sounds the same to me. Well look at the bright side'' ronke stood from her seat. ''at least she can get a new blackberry. It's good business. I should get pregnant too''. She said and stormed out of the room.
''what's her problem?'' mr shola asked no one in particular.
''i have heard you dad. Can i go inside now?'' bummi asked calmly.
''of course sweetheart. You can.''
After bummi had gone,mrs shola drew closer to her husband and placed her palm on top of his.
''do you think we should go ahead with this?'' her voice sounded low.
''why not?''
''it obviously upset them. I think they have gotten quite fond of the baby''
''it happens dear'' he moved his hands across her shoulder and pulled her head to rest on him. ''am sure they will get over it'' he said.
''I hope so''
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sorry for not updating earlier. Hv been watchin football since 12. We won!... #teambarca
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
DzTzl: fflwng pls let it b bta dn seduction!
wud try my bext
Re: Girls must be girls by kinxen(f): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
Following..update short tho..need mre
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
kinxen: Following..update short tho..need mre
after mornin mass 2mao. Promise
Re: Girls must be girls by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nic story... Pls dnt starve us lyk u did in seduction
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 10:49am On Oct 27, 2013
''now it's official you are a dummy'' ronke stated as she entered inside the room after her sister.
''what's that suppose to mean?'' ronke glared at her sister before she took a seat on her bed.
''it means what it means. You want to sell your child because you are too chickeny to take care of him. Wait,even chickens aren't scared of looking after their chicks. So where does that leave you?''
''you wouldn't understand even if i did wanted to explain''
''of course i wouldn't. Why should i? After all you are the one who got pregnant at a party just because you couldn't hold up your dress. I totally understand why i wouldn't understand'' she hissed and switched her attention to something else.
Bummi stared at her sister for long. The girl was an epitome of mystery. One minute it would seem like she preferred the devil to you,the other it would seem as though she cared. Ronke have never made a relationship with her,easy. The sibling rivalry had been on for long but it took a new dimension when bummi announced that she was pregnant. She could see the way ronke would stare at her sometimes like she was a leper or an orphan. And ronke had always been the loose one among them both but a moment of passion had changed bummi's life forever.
''aren't you going to get that? It's disturbing the heck out of me.'' ronke drew bummi's attention to her phone that had been ringing.
''hey'' bummi said into the cell phone. ''now?... Okay i will be right there.''
''who was that?'' ronke asked almost nicely.
''it's kev. He's here''
''what? Now?''
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 10:49am On Oct 27, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: Nic story... Pls dnt starve us lyk u did in seduction
wud try not to
Re: Girls must be girls by Joy4mi(f): 12:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
tanx for d updates.

Happy sunday.
Re: Girls must be girls by princesa(f): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
Its getting thrilling and hotter.

Tip: try pressing the enter key in your phone twice to help with the spacing. Nomatter the phone you use, it definitely should have the enter key.

Plus when you copy and paste your stories with the operamini browser. It rarely disorganize the formatting. That's my secret.

Well...smiley
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
Joy4mi: tanx for d updates.

Happy sunday.
same2u
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
princesa: Its getting thrilling and hotter.

Tip: try pressing the enter key in your phone twice to help with the spacing. Nomatter the phone you use, it definitely should have the enter key.

Plus when you copy and paste your stories with the operamini browser. It rarely disorganize the formatting. That's my secret.

Well...smiley
kay,wud try it. Tnx
Re: Girls must be girls by tmamuda(m): 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
Like dat Ronke. Is getin interestin
Re: Girls must be girls by Aimedrey(f): 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
Wow intresting stowie.....nyc 1 dude!
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 6:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
Bummi nodded and walked out of the room. She noticed her parents had left the living room and said a short prayer of thanks. She had intentionally forgotten to mention kelvin coming over,to them.

''hi'' he was smiling sheepishly then she opened the door. '' am sorry,i just didn't want you to change your mind''. He smiled hard but she didn't return the gesture. ''is everything okay? I can leave if you want-''

''no... It's not you. Everthing is fine. Come in.''

''really bummi,what is wrong?'' he asked very seriously as he stared unmoved, into her eyes.

''what's wrong is that they are about to see your baby'' Ronke called as she stormed the living room.

''ronke!'' Bummi retorted but it was too late. Kelvin heard it all.

''what!'' he froze like he had ice poured on him. ''i don't understand. You want to sell juniour?'' his expression changed.

''not sell'' Bummi's voice begged. ''we want to give him up for adoption''

''sounds lie the same thing to me'' ronke chipped in.

''we? Who's we?'' he asked confused.

''doesn't matter kev. It's for the best'' Bummi said. She gained control of her voice.

Kelvin looked like a soldier who had just lost his family. His eyes were clouded,his face folded in pity.

''okay'' he said

''okay?'' both sisters asked in unison. Stunned at his respond.

''okay,am going to adopt him'' he declared.

''what? No!''
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aimedrey: Wow intresting stowie.....nyc 1 dude!
tnx sis
Re: Girls must be girls by princesa(f): 9:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
I see that our spacing are now in order?

Now we need to work on lengthy updates, the Lord is ur muscle. wink
Re: Girls must be girls by Adonis4u: 12:21am On Oct 28, 2013
princesa: I see that our spacing are now in order?

You are really an angel and I don't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, it's just the truth.

Keep it up.
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 6:52am On Oct 28, 2013
princesa: I see that our spacing are now in order?

nd i tot d updates were lengthy o
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
''He said he was going to adopt junior'' Bummi had been ranting about her conversation with kelvin of the previous day and even dinner wasn't spared.

''Bum.. No talking at the dining'' her mother rebuked her. ''but did he really say so?'' she inquired.

''he did. Can he do that? Adopt junior. Would he be allowed?'' bummi restrained herself from pouring out every question in her head. She waited for a reply from her mother,she didn't get any.

They ate in silence and the parents were even more relieved when dinner ended. Mr shola made to leave hastily when the table had been cleared of the dishes. He sat back when he saw the glaring eyes of the women on the table.

He cleared his throat uneasily,looked at his watch. He couldn't come u with a lie that could get him off the hot seat when he needed it.

''okay,let's talk'' he gave up looking for an escape route. ''i know we are all tense right now. We never expected this twist but what can we do now,but deal with it?''. He smiled inwardly. He felt proud of himself. ''now,what's the problem?'' no one responded. ''you want to give junior up for adoption'' Bummi raised her eyebrows at him. He was the one who pushed her the most to see it through. ''and now the father of the child want to adopt his son,i don't see anything wrong with that''. He didn't see the damage he had caused until he was done. Now he could almost see x-ray heat targeted at him. He bent his head innocently and stopped talking.

''alright'' mrs shola knew she had to take over the mic. ''junior is not going with kelvin,okay? You girls go to school,i will sort this out with his father at work'' she feigned a smile perfectly. ''am pretty sure his father knows nothing about it. Maybe he just said it impulsively''.
Bummi got an ounce of hope from her mother's words. She didn't know what the future held in stock but she believed her mother.

''how did he even hear about it so quicky?'' mr shola asked....
Re: Girls must be girls by princesa(f): 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
Adonis4u:

You are really an angel and I don't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, it's just the truth.

Keep it up.

thank yousmiley

@diamond, is that ur definition of length?
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 8:10am On Oct 29, 2013
princesa:

thank yousmiley

@diamond, is that ur definition of length?
sori dnt mind me. Perhaps am just too lazy to type long on phone
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 8:21am On Oct 29, 2013
several groups of teenagers tropped into the compound of saint theresa high school. It was the first day of resumption which accounted for the buzzing of activities around the school. The old students beamed as they saw their classmates for the first time in a long time. New students mostly looked confused except for those who came with their parents or an older accomplice.

''Bummi!...'' bummi heard her name as she stepped her foot through the gateline. She remembered what the gateline. She remembered what her school mother had told her the previous session. If someone called your name the moment you entered the school compound on the first day of school,the you are sure to have a memorable session which was exactly what bummi prayed for considering the fact that it was not everyday a senior student became a mother.
''bummi.... '' she smiled as she recognized the voice. It had to be her bestfriend patience except it was a clone and a perfect one at that because patience possessed a unique voice. It was one in a million.

''helo ma'am'' patience said as she caught up with bummi. ''i have heard your name more than once today. Every one is talking about you''. Bummi's heart skipped. She had hoped that no one would remember she got pregnant and was now a mum. It was her worst nightmare. Something she played over and over in her head. She knew how teenagers could be. They would crucify you even without a cross.

''what are they saying?'' Bummi asked shakily.

1 Like

Re: Girls must be girls by DEllaluv(f): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2013
Too short
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2013
Brb
Re: Girls must be girls by Moyenii(f): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2013
nyc story u ve got dere.
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 10:33am On Oct 29, 2013
Moyenii: nyc story u ve got dere.
tnx moyenii
Re: Girls must be girls by DzTzl(f): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
Diamondwriter: Brb
brb! still? newaiz we r waiting
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
''they are saying you deserve to be senior prefect''

phew! Bummi felt the cold breeze erode her face. It felt like she had just started breathing.

''really? Me,head girl?'' she asked excitedly.

''yeah. I think you deserve it too''

''that's sweet. Thanks'' bummi beamed with a smile. ''but i think we both know that's not going to happen''.

''why not?''

''come on,you know why''

''i don't. Please tell me'' patience said in a dramatic way.

''okay there goes nothing. I acted irresponsibly,had sex and got pregnant'' she paused to ensure her friend was following. ''not exactly the model student now,am i?''

''hmm...'' patience heaved.

''that bad?'' bummi stood stunned. ''i never thought i would see this day. Patience speechless''.

''you made a mistake,yes. But it was in the past. No one has the right to crucify you for that unless the hypocrates of course. You should beat yourself about it either,it could give you wrinkles'' she scoffed.

''very funny''. Bummi smiled. ''but thanks anyways shrink'' she teased. ''even if what happened hadn't happened,i would still have miss perfect to contend with and no one could defeat her''.

''who's miss perfect? Ronke?''

''hell no! That's miss bitchy'' they laughed. ''am talking about alicia. The amazing alicia'' she said dreamily.

''It's fourteen years remember?'' patience said as she tapped her slightly on the shoulder.

''What is?''

''nothing. Nevermind'' she smiled. ''Back to the matter,al-''

''open and close'' Bummi interupted playfully. She got a glare from patience. ''sorry'' she stopped smiling.

''Alicia is too good to be true. Am very sure more than half of the student body wouldn't want her to become senior prefect''.

''Hmmm,who even said i was contesting?'' Bummi's nose shone as she spoke.

''aren't you?'' patience asked,a little alarmed.

''am i?'' Bummi teased.

''of course you are. I have your posters already. Poster atleast''

''you what?''

As they spoke,kelvin walked passed them with a friend. Few metres ahead of them,he turne d to steal a look at them. His eyes caught bummi's. He turne d away abruptly and walked briskly until he was out of sight.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drop Information About Competitions Here / Stories That Touch (short Stories) By Aniekan Andikan / Rotimi Babatunde Wins 13th Caine Prize For 'Bombay Republic'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.