Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,904 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Girls must be girls - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Girls must be girls (4523 Views)

African Story Challenge Health Cycle Open For Entries. ($20,000 For 20 Projects) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls must be girls by Joy4mi(f): 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
weldone diamond.
Keep it up. The Lord is ur muscle.
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joy4mi: weldone diamond.
Keep it up. The Lord is ur muscle.
i rily appreciate
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 7:53am On Oct 30, 2013
''what just happened?'' patience broke the akward silence that lingered a while.

''what?'' bummi asked.

''i thought you said you guys were talking again. So what was that? You guys even look worse than previously on love gone wrong''

''long story,i will tell you later'' bummi made to leave.

''stop right there missy. You are going no where until you tell what is going on''.

Bummi bit her lips. She knew protesting was useless. Patience was not going to let her go.

''i told him,we are about to give Junior up for adoption. Or ronke did anyways''.

''what! And what!'' patience jaw dropped opened. ''bummi,you didn't tell me any of these even after all those time we had been chatting. Not fair''. Patience frowned for a moment.

''am sorry. I just didn't want to talk about it. Forgive me?'' she pleaded.

''okay'' patience smiled. ''so how did he react?''

''unprecedented. He said he was going to adopt junior''.

''uh-oh! That's not cool'' patience cried. ''he stands a better chance to do that. That's of course if his dad agrees to it''.

Bummi's mood went totally dark as she heard the last word from patience's mouth.

''don't worry am sure your parents will figure something out. Just relax okay?'' patience comforted.

''i really hope so. I can't lose Junior. Not to kelvin'' bummi said bitterly.

''you won't''. Patience reassured. ''so what are you going to do now?''

''i have no idea''

2 Likes

Re: Girls must be girls by tmamuda(m): 11:05am On Oct 30, 2013
Guy u try wit ur update. Nice one
Re: Girls must be girls by ARareGem(f): 11:29am On Oct 30, 2013
One foot in...
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 11:34am On Oct 30, 2013
tmamuda: Guy u try wit ur update. Nice one
tnx boss
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2013
ARareGem: One foot in...
pls bring d oda in too
Re: Girls must be girls by mr9ceguy3413: 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
Dnt yhu tink we re spse to noe wah happnd wif kev nd Bunmi just yet?...it'll put d story in bera shape!
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
mr9ceguy3413: Dnt yhu tink we re spse to noe wah happnd wif kev nd Bunmi just yet?...it'll put d story in bera shape!
it wil get clearer. Tnxx for commentin
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
It was a bee hive of activities at Alex and associates. The screaming voices of lawyers talking over the phone could be heard from all the cardinal points.

Mrs shola walked in on her boss laughing uncontrollably from his seat. The man sitted across from him was obviously not in the same jovial mood. His expression showed that he probably felt insulted by Alex's conduct but he kept his cool.

''Adeola please join us'' her boss gestured for her to sit.

She moved towards the free seat beside the visitor,pulled the chair and sat.

''morning boss'' she smiled.

''morning Ade. Thank God you are here. I have been waiting for you all morning'' he said genuinely. ''our potential client here wants to sue the government''.

''oh! That's huge'' she said,a little surprised.

It was not everyday law firms got cases on the government but that was not to say they never got any. They received from farmers,traders,civil societies but at the end of the day,it becomes but a wide chase because you can arrest the government with the police. The government own the police.

''mr chris,she's all yours'' Alex grinned as he got up from his chair and excused himself out of this office.

Mrs shola watched helplessly as her boss walked out of sight. One voice in her head said to go after him and pull him back to the office. The other said to sit back and speak briefly with the visitor. Either ways,she knew nothing reasonable would come out of the discussion.
''so i hear you are one of the finest lawyers around'' mrs chris said.
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
D last one ought to be longer than it is but phcn did their thing. If the lights come back on b4 i shut my eyes,i wud add it
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
Up nepa :-)
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
It sounded like a compliment but the expression on his face suggested otherwise. He seemed like spartacus when he was out for blood.

''if you say so sir'' mrs shola tried not to smile. She had gotten used to new clients dishing her compliments as such all thanks to her boss. He always sold her out to whoever cared to listen. Even in court cases,he would make high stakes on her because he always believed in her judgement and she almost never disappointed.

''well to business'' mr chris popped out his eyes like they were about to attack. ''the federal government gets all the money in the world. I don't even want to get started on them now. My concern is our state government that get billions monthly from allocation and taxes. Yet every state road is like an old widow'' he starred deeply at mrs shola eyes.

''yes?'' she prompted him to continue. He was starting to give her the creeps.

After what seemed like foreve,he moved his gaze from her and continued.

''so i want to suee the state government. I want to sue the state!''

2 Likes

Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
Till 2mao morning
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 8:55am On Nov 01, 2013
''for?''

''for damages of course'' he frowned. ''it's time for justice to prevail''

''but sir,damages for what?''

''first of,please call me chris. Look around you mrs-?''

''shola''

''right. Mrs shola,look around you. Cars are getting damaged everyday. Some to the point of no repair. Accidents from every angle. Delays. Do you have any idea of how many contracts i have missed due to traffic,caused by our roads? Have you ever missed a court appointment before?'' she nodded no. ''well lucky you. Not everyone is as lucky but they say we create our own destiny. Let's do this!'' he said in childish awe.

''i understand you mr chr-.... Chris. But you can't force the government to repair roads. No court of law can''.

''who said anything about forcing them to repair the roads? They must pay in cash for the damages or go to jail''

''they can't go to jail sir,the-''

''then i guess cash would have to do then. Justice must be served for the common man''

''paying every person in the state?''

''every living thing''.

Now she believed he was mad.

''that's impossible chris''

''anything is possible,didn't they teach you that in law school? I just need you to take the case. Fight for us and be a hero''. His eyes pleaded heavily.

''i can't. Am sorry''

''can't or won't. Miss shola''

''it's mrs'' she corrected.

''whatever'' he eyed her ''and we say the government won't help us. We won't even help ourselves. Just look at you! What's wrong with this generation?''

''i don't get you. Sir''

''why will you?'' he stood from his chair and walked towards the door. He stopped at the door and turned face mrs shola. ''i will deal with you!'' he walked out.
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 9:10am On Nov 01, 2013
Mrs shola was too stunned to laugh or fret. She knew his type. They tagged them the fanatics but none had ever threatened her for turning down a case. None but mr chris.

''am sorry Ade,i just couldn't handle him'' alex said as he walked into his office and strolled back to his seat. ''hope he didn't bother you much?'' he smiled.

''it's over,i took care of it'' she feigned a smile.

''good'' so what's up? It's not everyday you walk into my office first thing in the morning. What's the matter?''

''it's about kelvin'' she said lowly.

''what about my son?''

''have he told you anything as regards junior?'' she asked carefully.

''of course he tells me things about my grandson'' alex smiled at the sound of that. He was barely forty years old and was already a grandfather.

''i mean lately. Have he told you anything lately?''

''not that i remember. What's this about, Ade?''

she looked down to her toes for a moment and sighed. She raised her head towards him and cleared her throat.

''Bummi wants to put him up for adoption''

''oh!'' he said dramatically but not surprised.

Mrs shola squinted her eyes in suspicion as she observed him. He tried to act shock but she was too good a lawyer to know that he wasn't.

''did you know about it? She asked unsure.

''nooo'' he emphasized. ''this is the first am hearing of it''

''you didn't seem surprise''.

He shrugged uncomfortably.

1 Like

Re: Girls must be girls by Joy4mi(f): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
Weldone. Keep up d gud work
Re: Girls must be girls by D9ty7(m): 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nice story. Kip d ball rolling
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 6:52am On Nov 04, 2013
''oh i didn't?'' He laughed uneasily. ''let's just say that i saw it coming''.

''oh'' she bought his explaination ''and?''

''and what?''

''what do you think about it?'' she asked.

''well its totally the mother's choice. Am sure she has a really good reason for it''.

Mrs shola smiled in admiration. She had always known him to be very understanding both in work and when it had to do with family.

''there's a slight problem though'' the smile vanished from her face.

''what is it?''

''he wants to adopt junior''

''who?''

''kelvin''.

His laughter rose with time. He placed his palm over his mouth to curb the sound. It didn't work. He laughed hard as he looked to the floor like he intended to roll on it.

''sorry'' he said when he managed to stop laughing. ''its just so funny''.

''right?'' mrs shola said in delight. She knew that if he didn't agree to it,then there was no way kelvin could go through with it alone.

''right''. Am sure he just said that out of confusion. He can barely take care of himself let alone a child''.

''that's what i thought'' she smiled a little. ''but it had bummi so worried''.

Alex stood from his chair and walked towards her. He stopped in front of her and sat on the table faced her.

''adeola''. He hardly called her by the fullname. ''don't worry,i will handle my son'' he said softly as he placed his hand on top of hers.

She must had been so distracted not to have noticed his hand carressing hers slowly. When she finally noticed,she look at him in surprise but did not withdraw her hands. Neither of them spoke. He just continued to play with her hands and was really immensed in it until the door flung open
Re: Girls must be girls by D9ty7(m): 7:01am On Nov 04, 2013
Nice story. But please hw do i paste link on other threads?
Re: Girls must be girls by Diamondwriter(m): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2013
D9ty7: Nice story. But please hw do i paste link on other threads?
copy the link with ur browser and paste
Re: Girls must be girls by Aimedrey(f): 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
nyc 1 bro kip d ball rolling!!
Re: Girls must be girls by ARareGem(f): 11:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
@Last update, like seriously?? Mother vs. 'Father-in-law'. Na wa.
Re: Girls must be girls by Ghozye(f): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2013
Diamondwriter:
She must had been so distracted not to have noticed his hand carressing hers slowly. When she finally noticed,she look at him in surprise but did not withdraw her hands. Neither of them spoke. He just continued to play with her hands and was really immensed in it until the door flung open

lik ciriously?shocked cnt wait 2 find out hu did d flinging of d door!
Re: Girls must be girls by princesa(f): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2013
I've told you that ur idea of length enh....

Nice job

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TORN!!! (A Queer Story) / Drop Information About Competitions Here / Stories That Touch (short Stories) By Aniekan Andikan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.