Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition (1768 Views)

Kayode Oso Resigns As Ekiti Commissioner / Ekiti Reps Member Commends Fayose On His Criticism Of Buhari / Michael Opeyemi Bamidele Joins Ekiti Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 23, 2013
The leader of Ekiti State caucus in the House of Representatives, Honourable Opeyemi Bamidele, on Tuesday, tendered his resignation as the leader of the caucus, saying that his decision was to enable him pursue his aspiration to be governor of Ekiti State by 2014.
Nigerian Tribune recalled that some months back, Honourable Bamidele was sacked by his five colleagues namely: Honourables Robinson Ajiboye, Bamidele Faparusi, Bimbo Daramola, Ifeoluwa Arowosoge and Oyetunde Ojo and the caucus subsequently named Ajiboye as its new leader.
The action of the lawmakers was sequel to Honourable Bamidele’s open interest to contest the 2014 governorship election in the state.
It took the intervention of the leadership of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria to order the colleagues of Honourable Bamidele to rescind their decision, with clarification that the lawmaker had every right to contest the 2014 governorship election.
Honourable Bamidele, in a statement issued in Abuja and made available to newsmen entitled: “Resignation as Ekiti caucus leader in the House of Representatives” thanked his colleagues for their support during his tenure as the caucus leader.
The statement copied to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal and Femi Gbajabiamila, read in part: “I hereby resign, with immediate effect, my appointment as the leader of Ekiti State caucus in the House of Representatives of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“This resignation has become a cogent and compelling step for me to take at this time to enable me pursue, by the special grace and uncommon favour of Almighty God, my aspiration to be governor of Ekiti State by 2014 based on my personal conviction and in response to the popular demand and clarion call of well-meaning Ekiti sons and daughters at home and in the diaspora who believe that our dear state needs a critical intervention at this time so as not to become a failed state.
“I can no longer tarry in responding to the yearnings and aspirations of the violated children, the deserted youth, the disillusioned women, the unfulfilled civil and public servants, the neglected artisans, the jobless and underemployed men as well as the heart broken elder statesmen and frustrated founding fathers, who genuinely desire to see the emergence of a rallying point (across political and ideological divides) that would herald in a new and united Ekiti State where our past glory will be brought back from sabbatical,” the statement said.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/24546-opeyemi-bamidele-resigns-as-ekiti-reps-caucus-leader-%E2%80%A2says-no-going-back-on-gov-ambition.html
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by seanet02: 4:38am On Oct 23, 2013
Ti sigidi ba fe te,
A ni kon move ohun losi river banks.
Opeyemi Bamidele,
Eleya fee de.
Leyin to ba te tan. WA fi ate te idi

4 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 23, 2013
U nor dey sleep?!

seanet02: Ti sigidi ba fe te,
A ni kon move ohun losi river banks.
Opeyemi Bamidele,
Eleya fee de.
Leyin to ba te tan. WA fi ate te idi
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 23, 2013
Bibiire!
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by seanet02: 5:21am On Oct 23, 2013
smartchoice: U nor dey sleep?!

Sleep ke?
Orun niwaju adajo
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by tjfulloption(m): 5:36am On Oct 23, 2013
i tot he will resign as an hon member.
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by bcomputer101: 5:38am On Oct 23, 2013
This man should decamp to LP,

He is more popular than Fayemi...

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by laplace19(m): 5:42am On Oct 23, 2013
What is the probability that he will win 2014 governorship election?
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 23, 2013
he will if he starts his campaign on time!
laplace19: What is the probability that he will win 2014 governorship election?
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Mowire: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2013
Bamidele was a commissioner in Lagos, under Tinubu, when Obanikoro, and Ogunlewe, took simlar steps as he is presently doing. I think he needs to learn from them. Well he may continue, of course, if Ekiti people are as disgruntled with Fayemi as Ondo people were with late Agagu.
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by dridowu: 8:16am On Oct 23, 2013
If d man is not elected as Gov , I see is political career going down the drain
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2013
Every man has a right to contest. It does not matter whether he wins or he does not.
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by donphilopus: 8:34am On Oct 23, 2013
I can see Fayemi winning the next Election

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Pacesetter2: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2013
laplace19: What is the probability that he will win 2014 governorship election?

his probability of winning is more than saying we all will die one day.

To MOB, gather money well...resign then come and chase this Ph.D liar.

Dont forget too. Na 4yrs you get oo....let the history continues. No man can serve Ekiti twice either legally or otherwise.
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Pacesetter2: 10:50am On Oct 23, 2013
donphilopus: I can see Fayemi winning the next Election

how? Legally? Illegally? He cant come second even if PDP flag off Fayose.

Take it or leave it. If the contestants are MOB, Fayemi and Fayose then the result is this;
MOB-1st-40%.
Fayose-2nd-34%.
Fayemi-3rd-25%.
Others-1%
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by DisGuy: 10:54am On Oct 23, 2013
whats with this caucus leadership? there are only 4-5 of them so what's with this 'group leader' they all tag themselves with?

did he resign as a rep?
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by donphilopus: 11:33am On Oct 23, 2013
Pace$etter:

how? Legally? Illegally? He can come second even if PDP flag off Fayose.

Take it or leave it. If the contestants are MOB, Fayemi and Fayose then the result is this;
MOB-1st-40%.
Fayose-2nd-34%.
Fayemi-3rd-25%.
Others-1%
Fayose??
Who wants to elect a Killer??
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by DisGuy: 11:36am On Oct 23, 2013
Pace$etter:

how? Legally? Illegally? He can come second even if PDP flag off Fayose.

MOB-1st-40%.
Fayose-2nd-34%.
Fayemi-3rd-25%.
Others-1%

apc/acn cant have two candidates... perhaps labour party will have to accept MOB, i cant see acn leaving a governor
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Pacesetter2: 11:47am On Oct 23, 2013
donphilopus: Fayose??
Who wants to elect a Killer??

only people that know him well are aware of his deed. In Ekiti, it is still possible for fayose than fayemi. Make your research
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Pacesetter2: 11:51am On Oct 23, 2013
Dis Guy:

apc/acn cant have two candidates... perhaps labour party will have to accept MOB, i cant see acn leaving a governor
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by donphilopus: 11:52am On Oct 23, 2013
Pace$etter:

only people that know him well are aware of his deed. In Ekiti, it is still possible for fayose than fayemi. Make your research
I'm not sure you are referring to the Fayose we all know
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
Dis Guy:

Sure he is leaving APC just that he can't cross carpet yet due his position @ stake as a federal lawmaker.

As for those talking about Fayose, the fact about Ekiti now is they don't care who rule either Fayose, Dayo Adeyeye or MOB. All they want is Fayemi out. I know people outside Ekiti sees Fayemi as the favourable candidate.

But saying that Fayemi is going to rule Ekiti twice is like saying "Satan will inherit the kingdom of God"
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by ndcide(m): 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
GOOD
I WILL SUPPORT HIM.
Re: Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition by Layolaw(f): 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2013
good step, we are expecting him to come and chase dis 4 + 0 away fast fast

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall / Photos Of Major General Muhammadu Buhari / Pictorial History Of Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.