Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today (7592 Views)

President Jonathan Leaves Airplane Behind His Wife (Photo) / President Jonathan Leaves For London Today / Patience Jonathan Leaves German Hospital, Checks Into Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by bcomputer101: 5:33am On Oct 23, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan will on Wednesday (today) embark on a Christian pilgrimage to Israel.

This was contained in a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, on Tuesday in Abuja.

Abati said contrary to media reports that the President would be traveling with 19 state governors and about 30,000 Nigerians, Jonathan would be accompanied by four ministers.

While describing the reports on the bogus number of entourage as a misrepresentation of facts, the presidential spokesman gave the names of those in the President’s entourage to include Senator Emmanuel Paulker; Minister of Agriculture, Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina; Minister of Water Resources, Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe; Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen; Minister of State (Foreign Affairs), Prof. Viola Onwuliri; and the National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki.

The statement read in part, “While the President may meet and interact with some other Nigerians who are already on pilgrimage to Israel, reports in the media that he is leading 19 state governors and about 30,000 Nigerians to Israel are a misrepresentation of facts.

“Irrespective of President Jonathan’s visit, thousands of Nigerians visit Israel annually during the pilgrimage season which goes on for months and they will undoubtedly do so again between now and early next year.

“It is entirely fortuitous for some of these Nigerian pilgrims therefore that their visit to Israel this year will coincide with President Jonathan’s.

“President Jonathan is expected back in Abuja early next week.”

Abati said the President would meet with President Shimon Peres, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and members of the Israeli Parliament, the Knesset.

He said talks between Jonathan’s delegation and Israeli government officials would focus on the enhancement of bilateral relations between Nigeria and Israel.

The bilateral talks, according to Abati, will focus on areas including trade, economic development, infrastructure, transportation, agriculture, communications, culture, education and tourism.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-leaves-for-israel-today/
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by israel007: 5:51am On Oct 23, 2013
I didn't know he's coming to me today.

Anyway, till he comes

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by ojeka1(m): 5:53am On Oct 23, 2013
Front page things

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 23, 2013
OMG!!! Pls can someone tel me d truth? Am i the third to comment?? I know am very lucky.. Opportunity to give tanks to Jah for giving me nd my family a new apartment, infact, our old aouz dey smell to d xtent dat if i fart like diz, na d odour go reflect in my fart. Bt thank God sha.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Danhumprey: 5:58am On Oct 23, 2013
I hope he would go and ask the Israelites to pray to God to help us?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by bcomputer101: 6:07am On Oct 23, 2013
ojeka.:
May them never come alive if they have no plans for striking ASUU to call off their strike

•How will you feel if somebody pray this prayer that your father will not return from village?

•secondly, WOE UNTO YOUR ENGLISH TEACHER.

14 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 23, 2013
Coup de tat tinz
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by hijacke(m): 6:44am On Oct 23, 2013
Abeg Mr Joe, pray to God of Israel to look into Nigeria, even if na wit one eye, pls o

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by tobechi74: 6:52am On Oct 23, 2013
Since air crash is "act of God" ,he has gone to appease the gods
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 23, 2013
If d man lyk make he go heaven or hell,wetin be my own,make dey jst call of dis strike!i don tire*sobs*
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Tolexander: 7:20am On Oct 23, 2013
Our presidents have been attending pilgrim services in mecca, medina and israel almost every year since independence and nothing has been changing but going from bad to worse.

Stop going to those places, let them attend opa oranmiyan shrine, amadioha shrine, ombatse shrine, okija shrine etc and see if administration go change!

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 23, 2013
Sometimes, all you can say is "ok".

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by braxjay(m): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2013
PRESENT™
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by 4reigningqueen: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2013
Safe journey!

But truth be told sir, we want to work on our own and not depend on others. Please let us look inward, we have potentials.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by dasparrow: 8:59am On Oct 23, 2013
@Post

I wish the president and his entourage a safe trip.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by 88natzy(m): 9:00am On Oct 23, 2013
Safe trip Broo..don't forgt to go with the problems of this country mopping @ your face!!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by MrAboki: 9:01am On Oct 23, 2013
Have a safe flight and a good trip my able Presido!!

Meanwhile, if you can, enter Palestine tell Hezbollah to beg their guys for Borno to cool down..

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Nehemiah459(m): 9:02am On Oct 23, 2013
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by anthoniosp(m): 9:02am On Oct 23, 2013
i hear say na dana air dey carry am go ...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by 88natzy(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2013
bcomputer101:

•How will you feel if somebody pray this prayer that your father will not return from village?

•secondly, WOE UNTO YOUR ENGLISH TEACHER.
[color=#990000][quote author=bcomputer101]
He woefully failed to learn. Blame it on him not his teacher.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by IYANGBALI: 9:05am On Oct 23, 2013
ojeka.:
May them never come alive if they have no plans for striking ASUU to call off their strike
see vexation,ibinu talaka
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 23, 2013
Abati said the President would meet with President Shimon Peres, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and members of the Israeli Parliament, the Knesset.

He said talks between Jonathan’s delegation and Israeli government officials would focus on the enhancement of bilateral relations between Nigeria and Israel.

The bilateral talks, according to Abati, will focus on areas including trade, economic development, infrastructure, transportation, agriculture, communications, culture, education and tourism.

This is the part that interests me.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Lilimax(f): 9:06am On Oct 23, 2013
Wishing our President and his entourage safest trip to the Holy land.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by oladoya(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2013
this man need deliverance and why going to israel for that? T.B joshua dey here for you now.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Sermwell(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2013
Our dear president for sure has daft advisers! How on earth does he place the educational sector on hold to go and discuss education elswhere? My take is that this is another frivolous globe throting that will yield no positive result!...just hope when he return, the discussion he had with whoever will be enough to end ASUU strike! We are tired of this unneccesary holding talks!
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Emmzalon: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2013
Goooood! Dts our dear CEREMONIAL LEADER...#smh
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by nerodenero: 9:09am On Oct 23, 2013
Abati said contrary to media reports that the President would be traveling with 19 state governors and about 30,000 Nigerians, Jonathan would be accompanied by four ministers.
The general condemnation from Nigerians led to the change of plan.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Layolaw(f): 9:10am On Oct 23, 2013
save journey sir, l hope you did'nt forget your prayer request and anoiting oil?
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Jelo4kul(m): 9:10am On Oct 23, 2013
Did i hear Isreal?Make him still remember say ASUU strike still dey on board o..
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2013
sad
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Emmzalon: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2013
Goooooood! Dt our dear CEREMONIAL LEADER ..#smh
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Israel Today by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 23, 2013
ojeka.:
Wicked soul, if ur papa is among dem will u say dat? u need to visit yaba left.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As A Nigerian, Do You Have Integrity? Olawepo Hashim Steers Debate / Sanwo-Olu Inaugurates Lagos State NAPTIP Human Trafficking Taskforce / 2023: Concensus Plan Unsettles APC, Protesters Warn Against Imposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.