Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

President Jonathan Leaves For London Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Leaves For London Today (10734 Views)

See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones / President Jonathan Leaves Airplane Behind His Wife (Photo) / Patience Jonathan Leaves German Hospital, Checks Into Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by ceo4eva: 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan will leave Abuja early Wednesday for London where he is scheduled to preside over a three-day meeting of Nigeria’s Honourary International Investors’ Council.

Issues on the agenda of the meeting include generating long-term affordable finance for Nigeria’s real sector, developing Nigeria’s private equity and venture capital sectors to attract more foreign investments as well as Nigeria’s information and communications technology master-plan.

Special Adviser Media to the president, Reuben Abati said the meeting of the council which is coordinated by Baroness Lynda Chalker will also feature a review of Nigeria’s existing investment policies by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, the Paris-based international organization dedicated to the promotion of policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world.

Members of the council include the CEO of the Investment Corporation of Dubai, Mr. Mohammed al Shaibani, a former South African Minister of Public Enterprises, Mr. Alec Erwin, the Vice President of Hewlett-Packard’s Enterprise Group in Europe, Middle-East and Africa, Mr. Olivier Suinat, a former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mr. Shaukat Aziz and the Director of Shell’s International Upstream Business, Mr. Andrew Brown.

President Jonathan will be accompanied by Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State, Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State, Senator Emmanuel Paulker, Senator Nenadi Usman, Hon. Sylvester Ogbaga, Hon. Isiaka Bawa, the Coordinating of the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investments, Dr. Olusegun Aganga and the Governor of the Central Bank, Alhaji Lamido Sanusi.

Others on the President’s entourage include the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke, the Minister of Communications Technology, Mrs. Omobola Johnson, the Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, the Minister of Special Duties, Alhaji Kabiru Turaki, the Minister of State (Foreign Affairs), Prof. Viola Onwuliri and heads of relevant government agencies.

The accompanying Ministers and heads of agencies will brief the gathering on developments in their areas of responsibility, and also lead discussions on proposals for overcoming identified challenges.

The President is due back in Abuja at the weekend.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/11/president-jonathan-leaves-for-uk-wednesday/

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by JECBOSS: 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
Safe trip and Happy Birthday Sir!
I'm only confused on why the Petroleum Minister must always be on GEJ's entourage for all his trips.

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by ceo4eva: 12:51am On Nov 20, 2013
Safe trip Mr President

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by Brimmie(m): 12:57am On Nov 20, 2013
That smile tho! Like sey e hide sallah meat for mouth! undecided

Safe Trip Bruh!

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by tpia5: 1:00am On Nov 20, 2013
so, he's supposed to be spending his birthday in london?
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by ifeanyija(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2013
tpia@:
no in ur house

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by superior1: 9:43am On Nov 20, 2013
Clueless tinz

Another opportunity to squander our common-wealth.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by anishe(m): 9:44am On Nov 20, 2013
Ok. Safe trip. But when you get there, help give the Queen three (3) dirty slaps for not giving me permanent UK stay. I dey vex. That's why. 3 dirty slaps o.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by LMAyedun(m): 9:44am On Nov 20, 2013
Okay!! Safe trip then.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by ayusco85(m): 9:45am On Nov 20, 2013
Presido why u dey run na? What about ASUU strike? I must graduate this year o.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2013
This man doesn't want us to eat his birthday cake. Safe trip mr president and happy birthday.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by adtiezy1(m): 9:45am On Nov 20, 2013
anishe: Ok. Safe trip. But when you get there, help give the Queen three (3) dirty slaps for not giving me permanent UK stay. I dey vex. That's why. 3 dirty slaps o.
hahahahahahah
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2013
come back in peace....but not in pieces
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by Sijo01(f): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2013
Bon voyage monsieur le président

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by mamafrayo: 9:49am On Nov 20, 2013
Mr president too dey travel
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by Ideyontop: 9:49am On Nov 20, 2013
Good one Mr President.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by bennieman: 9:50am On Nov 20, 2013
All is set for the Birthday in the sky. Even though I get plenty issues with this presido, still I go say, Happy Birthday.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by Edygrin(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2013
tpia@:

Being an opposition doesnt mean you should oppose everything.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 20, 2013
He is looking a lot healthier and tidy.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by moscobabs(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2013
i think is going there to celebrate his birthday
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by JonaTheClown: 9:52am On Nov 20, 2013
. ...I hope that they will all pay the $3,000 UK entry bond oooooooo.
Chai, those guys go chop money die

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2013
Safe trip and God's guidance.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:53am On Nov 20, 2013
And why is he smiling? undecided this who wahala no rish ur side?
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by zubimete(f): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2013
no time to celebrate birthday shal big man big trouble.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by ceo4eva: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2013
JECBOSS: Safe trip and Happy Birthday Sir!
I'm only confused on why the Petroleum Minister must always be on GEJ's entourage for all his trips.
Nice observation. I've been observing that too for a long time. Hope there are no strings attached?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by theoctopus: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2013
ayusco85: Presido why u dey run na? What about ASUU strike? I must graduate this year o.

When will you people wake up and take ASUU on? The president has made a good offer, even attending the meeting himself. What more do you want him to do? The next thing ASUU does is to postpone their meeting indefinitely because a member died. No concern for millions of students at home. When they told you people that ASUU strike was political, you people refused.to listen. You students better stand up for yourselves.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by Akshow: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2013
Yaaaaaaaaawwwnnnnnns. *Long hiss, walks out of thread*

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by zubimete(f): 9:57am On Nov 20, 2013
no time to celebrate birthday shal big man big trouble. NEXT meeting i go follow u o cos say me be minister for house*
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by adezjamz(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2013
Should he be spending it outside Nigeria

Though he may have a happy birthday bt I'm not wishing him one.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For London Today by kennyonthrone(m): 9:59am On Nov 20, 2013
Hbd ma nigga WULLNP nd ma regardz 2 patience u knw dia is no Goodluck witout Patience

Safe trip ma President

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? / Opec Releases Annual Report Of Nigeria's Oil (picture Fact) / PDP Youth Leader Petitions US, UK, Germany, Accuses Apc Of Political Intimidatio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.