Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,795 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike (27708 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike Will Soon Be Called-Off - Okojie / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Codedrock(m): 7:27am On Oct 23, 2013
The Federal Government, yesterday, assured Nigerian students that the ongoing strike by Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, would be over in a few months.

The Minister of Education, Mr Nyesom Wike stated this at the anniversary lecture of National Universities Commission, NUC, in Abuja.

The minister who was represented by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education, Dr. Macjohn Nwaobiala, reiterated Federal Government commitment in resolving the ongoing strike of ASUU.

According to Wike, “The Federal Government is very concerned about the state of public tertiary institutions in the country. The Federal Government is really worried about the ongoing strike of ASUU and the strike would be resolved in a few months.”

Professor John Daniel in his paper presentation titled, ‘Turbulent and Testing Times for Global Higher Education: Lessons for Nigeria’, said “online teaching and learning is now part of the future of most universities. Nigeria should be very good at this because without embarrassing you by pressing the point, I note that your country, through 419 scams, is a world leader in the use of the internet for less desirable purposes.”

He said higher education all over the world is facing lot of challenges that included youth unemployment and the current changes in the university system.

“These are indeed turbulent times, not only for United States of America but also for much of higher education globally”, he said.

A former Executive Secretary of NUC, Professor Jubril Munzali, in his goodwill message, said the education sector for 21 years have been under funded and the significant increase in the funding of tertiary institutions were done through the struggle of ASUU.

He blamed the Federal Government lingering crisis rocking the nation’s university system.

He said it is time Federal Government listened to its agencies and allow NUC perform its statutory role and fund universities based on the advice of its agencies like NUC.

“Successive administrations in the country never paid adequate attention to university education”. He said the Federal Government process of direct funding of universities, have over the years resulted in mismanagement of the funds allocated to the institutions.

Photo Of The Day: Guys Can You Date An Endowed Lady Like This?click2see
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/ASUU-strike-ll-months-wike/#sthash.c6x7LdDE.dpuf
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Bigcake: 7:30am On Oct 23, 2013
Still talking of months?

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2013

11 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Hormoniyi(m): 7:43am On Oct 23, 2013
thunda fire on dis fg.....few mnths,y no b few years.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 23, 2013
I don't know how to identify post destined for the FP, but because of ASUU - I must coMment on every thread, till I have something doing again.

*what was the topic saying* #spacebooked#

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 23, 2013
Few months? tongue
Dear female students, as it stands now, it will pay you guys more if you get married now.
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by doctokwus: 7:55am On Oct 23, 2013
I hate insulting pple,but dis man must av been intoxicated wt rivers ogogoro and his fight wt amaechi,so has lost all sense of reality.A strike has bn on for 4mths and one unworthy individual who calls himself a minister of the FRN is talking of it still lingering for more mths b4 its resolved.
D truth is dat as far as nigerians are docile statements and acts inimical to d growth and progress of ng will continue to be made by touts and illiterates who lord it over dem.Docility has never taken any nation anywhere dan backwards!

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by eduson33(m): 8:01am On Oct 23, 2013
this country is bamudaly triangulated into the osillosis of some aquatic individual.

solving the equation using first law of motion:

few months can be perpendicularly proportional to = 11 months

all hope is not lust sha.

kai,niaja my cuntt-ry

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Danhumprey: 8:02am On Oct 23, 2013
Did he just said "few months"? I thought I saw "few days/weeks". Obviously,this country is a joke. 4months neva do,that they are still thinking of 'few months' which would turn to few years? They must be high on overdose of p.unny juice. angry
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by gameboy727(m): 8:23am On Oct 23, 2013
MONTHS? *faints. Dont wake me up till that time come*

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by donphilopus: 8:43am On Oct 23, 2013
Months??
They are unserious

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by premlove(m): 8:58am On Oct 23, 2013
Haba, let me continue with my business
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by kokoA(m): 9:16am On Oct 23, 2013
In other words, students forget about school this year!

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Hostermipo(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2013
Few month is another way of saying next year
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Ollybarbie219(f): 9:46am On Oct 23, 2013
Cock n bull stories!
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by AkinDavid2: 9:51am On Oct 23, 2013
Very sick system.
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by switdil(f): 10:28am On Oct 23, 2013
N few months ll make it a year
Oponu minister just shut ur mouth if u don't v any reasonable tthing to say
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by bizibrain(m): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2013
Dats Y dey say weed is nt good 4 humans health, dis minister must av smoke 2 much weed+ alomo+ champagne. We av 2 months and few days left b4 dis year runs out, his he trying 2 say nxt year because 1 month cant b regarded as few MONTHS.Dumb ill-informed idiotic fools.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by bionicdude(m): 11:36am On Oct 23, 2013
shocked omo i dey port go ghana.dis man no even fear to talk,if he said in a few weeks dats fyn but months.it seems he has a very short memory,if he can remember dis strike has been on for 4 bloody months now.Nigeria is being ruled by t.w,a.t.s.Education has been flushed down the toilet straight to the sewer and there's no hope.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Vetolips(m): 12:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
Olly barbie219: Cock n bull stories!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by obyrich(m): 12:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
When a crocodile eats its eggs what will it not do to the flesh of a frog? They have sacrificed the future of their children on the cursed altar of politics. Tomorrow Ngozi Okonjo Iweala will shamefully mount the convocation rostrum of a Nigerian University to declare Nigerian graduates unemployable. Afterall all your children are successful harvard graduates. God is watching you people.

16 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by nickvanilla(m): 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
e be lyk say na to go do business sure pass now.fg/ASUU carry on.judgement day is coming
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by chreldb(m): 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
I do not blame the minister he is only being honest. He has indirectly relayed the message that the government does not give a d.amn about anything that would benefit the masses and in that respect would not commit financially for the betterment of the Nigerian citizen so ASUU could go to blazes with their fantasy demands of saving and redeeming Nigerian Universities. I respect his honesty. But what irks me are people who instead of coming out straight would come up with one lie after another in an attempt to malign ASUU and rubbish the genuine aspects of their efforts to restore the educational sector. Those are the real enemies of Nigeria's progress because they are either direct beneficiaries of the corrupt system who have murdered their concience and sold their soul to the devil or they are complete m0r0ns. Any of which are detrimental to the progress of the country. They are even here on nairaland. they open m0rnic and imbecillic threads like ''ASUU are rapists and extortionist'', ''ASUU pays lecturers 30 billion''. They know themselves.....

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by kingarizona(m): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
months?
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by 3ace(m): 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
See dis people o, few months ke? As far as I know, 3 months are few months. So are they planning to keep our children at home for additional two or three months?
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
This man is high on maltina!!!
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Nuvally: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
eduson33: this country is bamudaly triangulated into the osillosis of some aquatic individual.

solving the equation using first law of motion:

few months can be perpendicularly proportional to = 11 months

all hope is not lust sha.

kai,niaja my cuntt-ry

Keep quite joor!

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by drdams: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
undergraduates, go and learn a trade!!
Few months can be 6mnths...even 12mnths sef.
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by RockMaxi: 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
Already 4months and one minister is still saying months, why not come out clean and let us know that nothing for these students till next year.
Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
God punish his entire lineage including his yet unborn great-grand children!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekayoma Rukevwe Emerges Best Graduating Student From US College (Photos) / Isioma Okobah Wins Highest Medical Award In US (Photo) / Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.