Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

President Yar'adua Should Resign! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Yar'adua Should Resign! (2712 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / President Yar'adua - 3 Years Remembrance / Is President Yar'adua Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CrudeOil2(m): 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2008
It has been more than a year now since the inception of this administration, and the Nigerian masses are yet to gain anything positve from this government. The president has forgtotten that he came in through a flawed election process and instead of ingratiating with the masses, he is busy globe trotting and attending summits and meetings. Things are getting worse and Nigerians are running of time. We need to see at least a few positive changes in the polity, the sector, the transport sector, the Niger Delta to mention but a few.
If Yar'adua is not ready to work he should resign or step aside and hand over power to somebody who is serious and wants to see positives Nigeria change for the better and not the othre way round.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Mamajama(m): 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2008
Who will you recommend for the job? IBB the greatest looter of all times?

Yar Adua is a failure and that goes for all the Hausa's that have ever led this country.

So dont expect too much from this segregation, lol
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by DisGuy: 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2008
Who will you recommend for the job?

Good Question!

remember we have to find people to occupy the house and senate as well
those people are holding back the country as well!
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CrudeOil2(m): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2008
Nigeria is country filled with visionary men and women who would be willing to steer and lead the nation to greater heights.
IBB you are very serious.lol
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by DisGuy: 1:35am On Jul 08, 2008
Crude Oil:

Nigeria is country filled with visionary men and women who would be willing to steer and lead the nation to greater heights.
IBB you are very serious.lol
who are they? please name names of those 'willing'
they are not exactly stepping up to the plate are they?
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Sisikill: 2:39am On Jul 08, 2008
You are so right! He should resign. It's been 10yrs since he came to power and still nothing to show for it.

10yrs!!
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by zomby(m): 2:41am On Jul 08, 2008
nigerians see gentleness and sincerity as weakness, we do not deserve someone like yaradua. nigerians are pretty much used to a leader that enjoys stealing. and i think that is what we need.
we are so stupid and blind
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Sisikill: 3:06am On Jul 08, 2008
@Zomby
Nigeria is like a battered wife who keeps going back to the husband who uses her as a punching bag and scoffs at the people trying to help her. It's not that she's completely helpless, abuse is just what she's used to and even believes is what she deserves.

If it isn't a fat-cheeked, loud-mouth, uncouth and abusive southerner with a god-complex, it ain't the real deal.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 3:11am On Jul 08, 2008
ok, so Obasanjo should come back!!!

You're acting like America became great in One day. The man needs time.

But can you really blame the man if EVERY THIEF under him is STEALING How can one man be responsible for soo many THIEVES!!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Fixing Nigeria is no easy task.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 3:12am On Jul 08, 2008
I am curious. How does telling the present man to resign mean Obasanjo should take the seat? Does telling the one to resign for lack of effort on his end to do much mean one is necessarily calling for the same old nonsense? 

The man has had over 9 years in power, 8 years as governor of Katsina and now over a whole year as president  and his record shows he is ineffective as a leader. How much more time does he really need??  He had the job of fixing Katsina for 8 years. He could not accomplish that and now he will fix Nigeria?? Is it not possible that he is not even qualified for the job in the first place?

Please, let us open our eyes here and be honest with ourselves for once. Can you tell me of a job you have ever had where you sit as a lead and accomplish nothing and still hold on to that job 6 months down the line?
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 3:18am On Jul 08, 2008
I don't know why some of you are so sick in the head.  Were you expecting a sort of instantaneous change?  Decades of oppression and total economic disaster will not be wiped away in a couple of years.  No matter who takes the seat.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 3:20am On Jul 08, 2008
Kobojunkie: I agree. I don't think that Yar Adua is as qualified but I think that he was a better option than everyone else who ran for President at the time.

Who else is qualified ? As someone put it "who else is worthy?"

My response, I do not see any worthy person. Maybe a WOMAN should step up !! grin grin grin
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 3:22am On Jul 08, 2008
madamkoko:

My response, I do not see any worthy person. Maybe a WOMAN should step up !! grin grin grin
is that a joke? The last thing we need now is an emotional wreck in power.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 3:23am On Jul 08, 2008
@ CH3COO: Tell them Jare

Its like OBAMA fixing all the shit problems Bush Jr. has made in one year, WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!

I actually feel bad for Obama when he becomes president. cry
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 3:23am On Jul 08, 2008
So if WE KNOW that he is not qualified and is not doing a good job now, how about we get him to step down and allow whomever will try to try and if that person does not do much in, say 6 months, we do exactly the same until people realise that Nigerians are no longer willing to sit and accept Nonsense. What is bad in that? I would think that would be a better choice than to sit and waste another 4 to 8 years of our own lives waiting for a miracle that may never come.

Sigh!! I really think Nigeria deserves what it gets at this point and as much as people talk about wanting change, I believe it is all still lipservice on the most part.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 3:25am On Jul 08, 2008
@ Kobojunkie

WHO is WORTHY? WHO CAN DO THE JOB? thats the question, WHO IS QUALIFIED?
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 3:26am On Jul 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So if WE KNOW that he is not qualified and is not doing a good job now, how about we get him to step down and allow whomever will try to try and if that person does not do much in, say 6 months, we do exactly the same until people realise that Nigerians are no longer willing to sit and accept Nonsense. What is bad in that? I would think that would be a better choice than to sit and waste another 4 to 8 years of our own lives waiting for a miracle that may never come.

Sigh!! I really think Nigeria deserves what it gets at this point and as much as people talk about wanting change, I believe it is all still lipservice on the most part.

Oh please, woman, put a sock in it.  For the past several years who have we provided that will do a good job?
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On Jul 08, 2008
That is not the question. That is the excuse you choose to comfort yourself that the status quo is all you deserve at this point.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by DisGuy: 3:27am On Jul 08, 2008
He had the job of fixing Katsina for 8 years. He could not accomplish that and now he will fix Nigeria??

30 governor or thereabouts had 8 years to fix their state under OBJ, who amongst them did?

Kobojunkie:

is that a joke or you are getting reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally fed up too
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 3:27am On Jul 08, 2008
@ CH3COO : I AM NOT JOKING!!! WOMEN SHOULD BE GIVEN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO RULE!!!!!!!

MEN who have ruled thus far are nothing but thieves and crooks and have only DESTROYED NIGERIA for everyone except thier family members, stop being sexist.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 3:27am On Jul 08, 2008
and why are you people spreading this errant misinformation that he is not qualified?  What does it take to be qualified?
Last time i checked the constitution of Nigeria the man seems to be as qualified as can be.  gosh why do I even bother discussing with  bugs.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 3:30am On Jul 08, 2008
@ CH3COO : you should be able to have a debate without resulting to name calling.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 3:30am On Jul 08, 2008
It's not a matter of comfort.  We are not pushing it upon ourselves to settle for rubbish.  If we don't provide the excellence how can we expect to attain excellence?

man or Woman, provide a candidate true to his or her words, a candidate with the right motives and maybe this nonsense will take on a new form.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 3:31am On Jul 08, 2008
Dis Guy:

30 governor or thereabouts had 8 years to fix their state under OBJ, who amongst them did?

is that a joke or you are getting reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally fed up too

lol,  I am serious. I have been of this mindset for a while now. We can not afford to spend 8 more years playing games anymore. We sat with great optimism back when Obasanjo was on sit, hoping and waiting for the miracle to happen, as we have with past presidents and look were we are today. Decades of my own life, and of yours wasted hoping for a miracle from these human beings. Dem say once bitten, twice shy. At this point, don't you think we have been proven morons??

I would rather we have a situation where people understand they have 6 months to show they are worthy or they get the frell out and let someone else try. That to me increases the chances of us getting someone good soon; opens the door to more people; curbs recycling of old fools, and will help better put corruption in check at the same time. We can set up a special committee to work on probing each failed leader and making sure to retrieve all stolen funds, while the leaders can focus on doing their job and impressing the people from day one in office.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by CH3COO(m): 3:32am On Jul 08, 2008
i was not name calling; just name slinging. Okay I was, I apologize.  It was just irritating to hear such comments pacified without strenghening details.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by zomby(m): 3:40am On Jul 08, 2008
@madamkoko, I agree. out of all the presidential candidates, yaradua was the best pick.
the main problem in nigeria today is corruption. is yaradua corrupt? no.
nigerians must learn how to develop a long term vision. we rush into every single thing. this is why nothing is being manufactured in nigeria today. it is all about now and ready-made. nobody is willing to wait. what happened to the person that laughs last?
even americans are now realizing that their problems might not be solved in the next 10 years. it takes time to put solid foundation in place. nigeria happens to be a very difficult country to lead. you can not imagine what it takes to live in aso rock as an honest man.
being stupid and blind is not a good combination. again, nigerians are stupid and blind. politicians will suck us dry for many many years, just because we deserve it.
during the last 8 years of obansanjo, 95% of the governors were corrupt. and we have the audacity to come out in the day time to criticize yaradua.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 3:41am On Jul 08, 2008
Only in Nigeria is 9 Years considered rushing it, ROFLMAO!!!
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by Sisikill: 3:42am On Jul 08, 2008
When he's had his 8yrs (11 counting the military regime) like Obasanjo, then and only then should he be judged. My goodness people, it's only been a year and a half. Only God know how long it's gonna take him to undo the mess OBJ made before implementing his.

Can we be realistic in our expectations? Is that too much to ask?
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by DisGuy: 3:44am On Jul 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

lol, I am serious. I have been of this mindset for a while now. We can not afford to spend 8 more years playing games anymore. We sat with great optimism back when Obasanjo was on sit, hoping and waiting for the miracle to happen, as we have with past presidents and look were we are today. Decades of my own life, and of yours wasted hoping for a miracle from these human beings. Dem say once bitten, twice shy. At this point, don't you think we have been proven morons??

I would rather we have a situation where people understand they have 6 months to show they are worthy or they get the frell out and let someone else try. That to me increases the chances of us getting someone good soon; opens the door to more people; curbs recycling of old fools, and will help better put corruption in check at the same time. We can set up a special committee to work on probing each failed leader and making sure to retrieve all stolen funds, while the leaders can focus on doing their job and impressing the people from day one in office.

hmmm that will increase the number of people wanting to be called ex-president, even though they know they can't achieve anything tangible within that short period; afterall it takes about 8 month to release mobilisation fee for a project and you know ex-presidos get the same salary as the current president for life.

corruption takes place mostly just before handing over, so one month probe for the 6-7 critical areas, transport, education, health etc grin

this plan has been tried with the Nigerian football association we are still no where near the final of a world cup and we are still not short of candidates cool
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 3:45am On Jul 08, 2008
I think Kobojunkie's argument is that even as governor, Yar'adua didn't do much, NOW, what makes us think that he'll do anything as president.

As president however, its an entire set of responsibilities don't you think ?

My thing is this: He's only president: what about the corrupt governors, senators, army officers, leaders, etc under him, I mean what can he do to curb those people.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by madamkoko: 3:46am On Jul 08, 2008
Change takes time.
Re: President Yar'adua Should Resign! by DisGuy: 3:47am On Jul 08, 2008
nobody is willing to wait
you cant blame us, ever since I was born we've been shouting up NEPA!
im sick of it!

madamkoko:

I think Kobojunkie's argument is that even as governor, Yar'adua didn't do much, NOW, what makes us think that he'll do anything as president.

As president however, its an entire set of responsibilities don't you think ?

My thing is this: He's only president: what about the corrupt governors, senators, army officers, leaders, etc under him, I mean what can he do to curb those people.

well most of us dont live in the north, only those people will be able to say the little impact he made.
and with OBJ dipping his hands into state money anyhow anytime, forcing them to sign up for loans
and development they didnt need in their region, holding back money from lagos even after the high court judgement you
really have to wonder what exactly they are doing themselves.

I think we still need a semi-military govt! those obese senators and house of reps are really pushing thier lucky too much in fighting , everyone wants to be popular by probing this and that even though they dont understand what the contractors are saying!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Laughable Quotes From Jimoh Ibrahim / Rivers Crisis:You Cannot Take The Swamp Out Of The Hippopotamus-Wole Soyinka / PHOTOS From Abuja's Legislative Quarters Killing By Uniformed Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.