Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship (1228 Views)

Physical Abuse From The Man, Or Verbal Abuse From The Woman. Who Is More Guilty? / Help!!!! A Brother's Mariage Is Crashing After Few Months / France To Criminalise Verbal Abuse In Marriage - How Will Nigerians Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 1:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Often times physical abuse in mariages are being hammered on with verbal abuse being neglected but belive me the effect is jus as much especially becos unlik d physical abuse u cant see d scar outside even wen badly injured.the effect are huge ranging from low self exteem to constant unhappiness to depression to mention but a few. Most victims leave in fear of being abused and there by loosing their freedom. Feel free to share ur experience and opinion on d best way to manage such abusive partners.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by MrsChima(f): 1:53am On Oct 24, 2013
Chima always verbally abusing me by sayimg I got a big juicy nyansh and he wants a relief. cry cry cry

I am sooooooooo scared! cry
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Truckpusher(m): 2:16am On Oct 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Chima always verbally abusing me by sayimg I got a big juicy nyansh and he wants a relief. cry cry cry

Ashawo kobo kobo......liar shocked
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Truckpusher(m): 2:20am On Oct 24, 2013
My sister this story is so true oh.....i was so sexually abused by this girl that i had to run away holding my boxers like a white flag as if i'm suing for peace.......in fact she rap.ed me cry cry cry
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by eduson33(m): 5:04am On Oct 24, 2013
Am still battling that with my gf...
I talk shit when am pissed cus I never hit..but I came to realize that hiting might be forgotten and fully forgiven but those words never go away..

1 Like

Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 6:25am On Oct 24, 2013
:-@eduson yea u cant take bck d words after its bin said. The victim kips pondering on these words. It hurts more wen its from a luved one
eduson33: Am still battling that with my gf...
:-@eduson yea u cant take bck d words after its bin said. The victim kips pondering on these words. It hurts more wen its from a luved one
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 24, 2013
It amuses me when people try to "manage" any form of abuse..

Can you wake up tomorrow morning and decide to fly a plane without having any skill or training??

I wonder why some ppl think themselves qualified psychologists?

Roughly speaking, 75% of verbally abusive men are also physically abusive too and this is one of the things the woman should be worried about.

*No offence to the male folks for making the man the abuser in my post*
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by lertee(f): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2013
Verbal abuse is as worse as physical abuse infact it is worst than it.
The moment a partner sends abusive words then their should be a need for rethink about that relationship.
An individual should not play deaf or ignorance to this trait while dating,it will continue in marriage and this is enough to break someone.
Words or sentences like,stupid,fooll,nonsense,mad,your mother is this or your father is that and many more should be avoided.

1 Like

Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by eduson33(m): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2013
i regret ever saying those words but at the same time,i dont over blame myself.

others should learn from this.

you rather beat her than call her names.

especially,

**i regret meeting you**
**i dont even value you**
**ugly thing**
**flat assss** lipsrsealed

she will never forgive you oo
Vivauche: :-@eduson yea u cant take bck d words after its bin said. The victim kips pondering on these words. It hurts more wen its from a luved one:-@eduson yea u cant take bck d words after its bin said. The victim kips pondering on these words. It hurts more wen its from a luved one
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Caseless: 7:26am On Oct 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Chima always verbally abusing me by saying I got a big juicy nyansh and he wants a relief. cry cry cry

hmmm..i no go mind dat nyash o.
@topic. Say whatever u wanna about me, but the only 'verbal scar' that might not heal quickly is when u involve my parents. I can't think of any better way to manage this kind of v-abuse than to poach. My babe can't escape 'unlynched' with this.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Dubemkelly(m): 7:28am On Oct 24, 2013
Nagging by girls/women is a form of verbal abuse n I can't stand it either
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Teespice(f): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2013
There's nothing more hurtful than verbal abuse. It strips one of his/her self esteem and confidence. No matter how much you apologise and try to make up for all you said, it still can't be forgotten.

Words get to me very easily. Things my ex said to me years ago are still very fresh in my mind like it was said minutes ago. As it stands, to save myself from not getting depressed, I decided that the moment my partner decides to abuse me verbally, that's the day I will begin to re evaluate the relationship. Harsh as it seems, that's the way to go.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Caseless: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2013
Dubemkelly: Nagging by girls/women is a form of verbal abuse n I can't stand it either
ur head dey dere! when doin this, they overstep their boundary and possibly hit at anything they know u cherish most.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Caseless: 9:05am On Oct 24, 2013
Wu Zetian: It amuses me when people try to "manage" any form of abuse..

Can you wake up tomorrow morning and decide to fly a plane without having any skill or training??

Roughly speaking, 75% of verbally abusive men are also physically abusive too and this is one of the things the woman should be worried about.

sharrap! angry angry
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2013
Wu Zetian: It amuses me when people try to "manage" any form of abuse..

I tink it depends on the situation on ground, I Dnt believe in giving up on love easily especially if such abusive partner is good in other aspects. Or wat if u're married wit a child and realize u are in an abusive marriage wat do u do? U cant easily walk away but instead u can try correct your marriage.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2013
Dubemkelly: Nagging by girls/women is a form of verbal abuse n I can't stand it either
yea Dumbemkelly u're so correct even women verbally abuse their husbands thru nagging, u can imagine a woman u provide for crossing her leg in ur sitting room and saying stuffs like 'it's not ur fault it's my fault for marrying u" 0r 'I shuld hav known marrying is not worth it common blackberry u cannot buy lazy man" such words can kill a mans spirit and innitiate hatred.

1 Like

Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 9:33am On Oct 24, 2013
eduson33: i regret ever saying those words but at the same time,i dont over blame myself.

others should learn from this.

you rather beat her than call her names.

especially,

**i regret meeting you**
**i dont even value you**
**ugly thing**
**flat assss** lipsrsealed

she will never forgive you oo
pls Dnt beat her o..beating is also physical abuse which is as bad..I tink d best is to try talking to ur partner in a language he or she will understand, if it continues u're as free as air to walk out of d relationship.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by eduson33(m): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2013
mba,beating aint in my dictionary..

just saying

Vivauche: pls Dnt beat her o..beating is also physical abuse which is as bad..I tink d best is to try talking to ur partner in a language he or she will understand, if it continues u're as free as air to walk out of d relationship.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 9:40am On Oct 24, 2013
Teespice: There's nothing more hurtful than verbal abuse. It strips one of his/her self esteem and confidence. No matter how much you apologise and try to make up for all you said, it still can't be forgotten.

Words get to me very easily. Things my ex said to me years ago are still very fresh in my mind like it was said minutes ago. As it stands, to save myself from not getting depressed, I decided that the moment my partner decides to abuse me verbally, that's the day I will begin to re evaluate the relationship. Harsh as it seems, that's the way to go.
me too words get to me easily... I don't seem to ever forget. Maybe becus I hav a calm spirit, I hate confrontation so much and when am so hurts I tend to lock it up inside recoil back to my shell and try to nurse my pain...often times I quietly carry dis pain inside for a very long time.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 9:51am On Oct 24, 2013
Wen a spouse begins using words to attack and control, a critical line has been crossed. D relationship becomes oppressive, one spouse doesn't hav d freedom to say no or to express his or her views and opinions. Oppression is a terrible experience especially in marriage. Verbally abusive spouse are intimidating and demanding dey use threats,invalidating of feelings,hurtful words, even d bible doesn't take selfish domination lightly. Eccl.4:1-2 it can be seen better to be dead than to be alive and oppressed. So verbally abused spouse should do something and stop being oppressed in silence

1 Like

Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by chineloSA(f): 9:59am On Oct 24, 2013
OUT OF ALL THE ABUSES THERE ARE ON EARTH , I THINK I HATE FINANCIAL ABUSE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 10:08am On Oct 24, 2013
chineloSA:
OUT OF ALL THE ABUSES THERE ARE ON EARTH , I THINK I HATE FINANCIAL ABUSE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hahaha funny lol. But haven't heard dat money can't buy happiness?
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by chineloSA(f): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2013
Vivauche: hahaha funny lol. But haven't heard dat money can't buy happiness?

It doesn't buy you love but it gives you power and freedom. Money can make me run from my abuser. grin grin grin grin grin

Some people stay in ( verbally, emotionally, and physically ) abusive relationships because they don't have financial power to stand on their own.

That's why I hate financial abuse. ROOT OF ALL ABUSE.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 10:23am On Oct 24, 2013
caseless: hmmm..i no go mind dat nyash o.
@topic. Say whatever u wanna about me, but the only 'verbal scar' that might not heal quickly is when u involve my parents. I can't think of any better way to manage this kind of v-abuse than to poach. My babe can't escape 'unlynched' with this.
hahaha am laughing out loud! punching makes it worst not d best solution at all as u know it is also physical abuse and is as bad as verbal abuse. Abeg no lynche person pikin o..
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by oyinbogirl(f): 10:59am On Oct 24, 2013
people speak badly out of frustration and anger....sometimes to regret it later. I can vouch verbal abuse is a hard thing to forget. Its either the person change his or her ways and bring peace to the table or it may be the end of relationship. This kind of abuse leaves invisible scars on a persons soul, not seen but nonetheless very real & painful. And If someone dosnt get control over their tongue while dating they will not gain control once married either. Me I coped by not returning bad talk but walking away. When change did not come from discussions I walked ...

1 Like

Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 11:20am On Oct 24, 2013
chineloSA:

It doesn't buy you love but it gives you power and freedom. Money can make me run from my abuser. grin grin grin grin grin

Some people stay in ( verbally, emotionally, and physically ) abusive relationships because they don't have financial power to stand on their own.

That's why I hate financial abuse. ROOT OF ALL ABUSE.

U do hav a point here.. One of d major reasons why pple stay in abusive relationships or marriage is lack of money. But no matter how much ur spouse gives u( financial cash /material benefit) and still abuse u, u can't manage for too long cuz d mental, emotional,physical effect will definitely tell on you
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Caseless: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2013
Vivauche: hahaha am laughing out loud! punching makes it worst not d best solution at all as u know it is also physical abuse and is as bad as verbal abuse. Abeg no lynche person pikin o..
grin grin grin....u are right ! verbal abuse usually lead to physical one, especially when u ladies try to dominate in such a situation. u knw black man now, him go explode. that's very bad anyway.

1 Like

Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Caseless: 11:24am On Oct 24, 2013
oyinbogirl: people speak badly out of frustration and anger....sometimes to regret it later. I can vouch verbal abuse is a hard thing to forget. Its either the person change his or her ways and bring peace to the table or it may be the end of relationship. This kind of abuse leaves invisible scars on a persons soul, not seen but nonetheless very real & painful. And If someone dosnt get control over their tongue while dating they will not gain control once married either. Me I coped by not returning bad talk but walking away. When change did not come from discussions I walked ...
ur head dey dere! i like dis line in bold.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
oyinbogirl: people speak badly out of frustration and anger....sometimes to regret it later. I can vouch verbal abuse is a hard thing to forget. Its either the person change his or her ways and bring peace to the table or it may be the end of relationship. This kind of abuse leaves invisible scars on a persons soul, not seen but nonetheless very real & painful. And If someone dosnt get control over their tongue while dating they will not gain control once married either. Me I coped by not returning bad talk but walking away. When change did not come from discussions I walked ...
Glad you walked. smiley
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
Reminds me of dat thread where gals were against a man slapping his wife a week into marriage saying they would quit . What if he had verbally abused her? Dont you think that would be worse cos it would always linger in her mind?

A slap can shake a marriage but a verbal abuse is a timed bomb.
Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Vivauche(f): 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
In most cases, verbally abused spouse can't easily walk away easily becos dey feel xtremely guilty for d problems in their relationship. because their spouse always blame dem and dey hav d tendency to take d hit for anytin dat goes wrong or feel guilty for having opinions contrary to or upset their spouse.most cases verbally abused spouses Dnt fully realize d oppression and control dey are pinned beneath. It is as though dey hav a sense dat somtin isnt right bt dey cant put their finger on it.out of frustration dey often try to reason with their abusive mates hav misunderstood but attempts to clarify are mostly useless. Abusive spouses Dnt want to be reasonable. I am a victim

1 Like

Re: Verbal Abuse In Mariage Or A Relationship by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 23, 2015
[quote author=lertee post=19049868]

(1) (Reply)

Boys And Girls Feeling / Please Buy Me Recharge Card Babes!! / Swag Tips For Ladies(ladies Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.