Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

"Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" (9421 Views)

Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Why Is Christianity So Hated And Persecuted Is It Because It's "conversion Theory" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Joshthefirst(m): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

grin

Why are you baring your teeth?
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by MrTroll(m): 12:24am On Oct 26, 2013
Er. . . Just to be clear. Mohammed's tomb is also emptycheesy He flew to heaven on the back of a winged beast. CHECKMATE CHRISTIANS! Hehehehehehehehe
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by macof(m): 12:26am On Oct 26, 2013
Mr Troll: Er. . . Just to be clear. Mohammed's tomb is also emptycheesy He flew to heaven on the back of a winged beast. CHECKMATE CHRISTIANS! Hehehehehehehehe
Yes I heard that before. It seems Mohammed resurrected after his death as well.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by MrTroll(m): 12:35am On Oct 26, 2013
macof:
Yes I heard that before. It seems Mohammed resurrected after his death as well.

Dohohohohohohoho! My religion is better than yours.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by macof(m): 1:05am On Oct 26, 2013
This OP is the worst and most discriminating one I've ever seen.

1. Christians think they are special
2. Christians think they are the only ones that know God
3. Christians believe everything in the Bible without reason(this Bible was written by jewish men not God, just smart men with manipulating intentions)
4. The entire Bible portray Israel as the holiest nation, and the only nation God as chosen over others
5. The Israelis are very racist and discriminative, they always claimed supremacy and uniqueness. It's no wonder the God of the Bible is discriminative and hates everything non-Israel
6. Christians would always say "only a believer can understand the Bible" but this proves stupidity because a non-believer must understand the religion before he can even convert into it.
7. Christianity is a lie and a fraud, it was made up by Paul and the Romans used it for their politics. You wonder why the Romans killed the followers of yeshua in the early days? It's because they knew the truth and began to preach against the Romans and their plan for using christianity as a medium to enslave minds
8. The Jews in Israel know the truth of christianity(yeshua was nt born of a virgin, she already slept with Joseph outside marriage, yeshua was murdered because he was blasphemous, he never resurrected, no one beside the apostles claim to have seen yeshua after his death.
9. The Jews are totally against Christians, they actually relate well with Islam but hate the guts of anyone that calls the dead Jewish peasant the son pm of God(yeshua is nt part id Elohim)
10. Every religion both man made(Islam, judaism and christianity) and pagan religions have righteous doctrine and teach to live with a good character with love, wisdom and understand. No religion is evil, Every religion has committed some evil that doesn't make d religion or the morals of the religion to be different from another.

Africans pls go back to learn the Ways of ur ancestors, our tradition, culture and religion is a part of who we are, we can't debunk one(religion) because the foreigners told us to.

U believe in Jesus/yeshua, did ur ancestors preach any Messiah?
Even the Jews don't believe he is a Messiah, so why do Africans believe this?

In Israel just about 3%of the entire population are Christians, the rest are in judaism or Islam.

I have a Jewish friend who told me that he would slap anybody who calls a bastard child of a prostitute the son of Yahweh.

11. Christians think they understand the Jewish Bible(tanakh/OT and some additional books nt in Christians Bible) and the god of the Bible well the Jews say the Christians are making a fun of them and spread lies about their religion
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 26, 2013
macof:

U believe in Jesus/yeshua, did ur ancestors preach any Messiah?
Even the Jews don't believe he is a Messiah, so why do Africans believe this?
We Africans believe because,scripture says so,you better wake up to this truth and reality,your pagan idols can't save you.They are man-made and will forever stay dumb and idle. The ark is getting filled daily and ready to take-off.Repent before it is too-late.

Romans 11:25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery-- so that you will not be wise in your own estimation-- that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB." 27"THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."…

Acts 28:28
"Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it."

Romans 3:29
"Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also."

Rom 11:11
"I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy."

Galatians 3:14
"That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Ephesians 3:6
"That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel."
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by MrTroll(m): 7:37am On Oct 26, 2013
^^^

You believe it, because your bible says so. . . And then go on to threaten another person who doesn't believe in the bible's bullshyt with quotations from it. Stupidity in high places. . . You guys are just mindless robots. Zombies.

3 Likes

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Emusan(m): 9:09am On Oct 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Why are you baring your teeth?

I believe he did so because of this one:"Mohammed claimed that there was but one God, Allah; Christ claimed that He was God (John 10:30-31; John 8:58-59; John 5:18; John 14:9). "

Frosbel will never agree with you though he can agree with the rest...
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by macof(m): 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Bidam so a book tells u all this and you believe a foreign book over the words of your ancestors.
Did ur ancestors preach a Messiah?

The ancient Jews preached a Messiah but not a Messiah for the salvation of sins, Even the Jews say sin can be forgiven when u beg for forgiveness from God not begging Jesus(a very good example is David, he was a chronic adulterer, murderer and lair but he always begged for forgiveness and was always forgiven)
You are really dumb to think a dead Jew would wash ur sins with his blood.
imagine an African believing a Jew(the most discriminative race of all time) would leave his people to save u.
Even his people say he is not the Messiah(the Jews are still waiting for THEIR MESSIAH NOT THE MESSIAH OF THE WORLD, BUT THE MESSIAH OF ISRAEL)

Why become a Slave under people who never defeated u in war?
Why believe wat foreigners say over your people?

Now to your erroneous attack against paganism
1. Idols(the wood, iron or concrete images) are not worshipped, we worship wat it represents
2. Humans are naturally endowed with all we need to survive in life but when we find things difficult that is when we seek the gods to help us, and out of appreciation and gratitude some usually devote themselves to that god
3. No God or even the supreme God asks us to worship anybody, we do that out of gratitude or appeal
4. Our idols are man made but our gods are made by their father(the supreme God)
5. Idols are nt as weak as u think, they are symbolic and show signs, usually when an idol falls it means calamity is coming and it's best to sacrifice to the God the idol was made in honor of
6. The gods have been helping my ancestors for thousands of years and they are still helping this generation. As long as the universe continues to exist the gods would keep doing their duty
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
Emusan:

I believe he did so because of this one:"Mohammed claimed that there was but one God, Allah; Christ claimed that He was God (John 10:30-31; John 8:58-59; John 5:18; John 14:9). "

Frosbel will never agree with you though he can agree with the rest...

I can only hope that he hasn't got to the stage of becoming contumacious to the Word of God as quoted above.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Image123(m): 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
@OP
Only Jesus Christ rose from the dead and promised to raise His followers from the dead later na. Only Jesus can save ohhh.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
Image123:

@OP
Only Jesus Christ rose from the dead and promised to raise His followers from the dead later na. Only Jesus can save ohhh.

Correct. It's only Jesus that rose from the dead and He now lives so that we can live eternally.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by macof(m): 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2013
Image123: @OP

Ori l'ababo ka fi Orisha le

here's my modification

Ori l'ababo ka fi jesu le
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
macof:

Ori l'ababo ka fi Orisha le

here's my modification

Ori l'ababo ka fi jesu le

If Jesus is to be taken seriously when He says: "No one comes to the Father but through Me," every other proposal is a religion of darkness.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Image123(m): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
Christianity offers the best explanation on the nature of man, the origin of sin and of man. cheesy
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2013
Image123: Christianity offers the best explanation on the nature of man, the origin of sin and of man. cheesy

FAIL

FALSE
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
Image123:

Christianity offers the best explanation on the nature of man, the origin of sin and of man. cheesy

It also offers the answers as to who created, what was created, when it was created, how it was created, how long it took to be created, why it was created and for who it was created.

It equally gives us the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners and the happiness of believers.

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Image123(m): 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

FAIL

FALSE
The logical thing is to supply a better explanation instead of throwing tantrums.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
Image123:
The logical thing is to supply a better explanation instead of throwing tantrums.

Why should I bother? You know what you posted was clearly false. A christian shouldnt be blatantly lying like this!

Mans nature is explain best by two things; psychology and evolution.

To claim that religion best explains man's nature is false.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Image123(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why should I bother? You know what you posted was clearly false. A christian shouldnt be blatantly lying like this!

Mans nature is explain best by two things; psychology and evolution.

To claim that religion best explains man's nature is false.
What is evolution's explanation for man's nature? What is psychology's explanation for the origin of sin or of man?
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
Image123:
What is evolution's explanation for man's nature? What is psychology's explanation for the origin of sin or of man?

Evolutionary psychology?
Evolution?
Psychology?

Simple.
1) Man is an evolved animal. Yes, an animal.
2) Man's morality is different from animals due to the fact that humans have the ability to reason with an evolved brain
3) Man's morality comes from innate instincts,personal reasoning, family and societal norms

There is no such thing as sin. There is only what we perceive to be right or wrong.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
"Paleontologists have discovered a new skeleton in the closet of human ancestry that is likely to force science to revise, if not scrap, current theories of human origins." Reuters reported that the discovery left "scientists of human evolution . . . confused," saying, "Lucy may not even be a direct human ancestor after all." USA Today

watch -> www.evolutionvsgod.com

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by macof(m): 5:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
Image123: Christianity offers the best explanation on the nature of man, the origin of sin and of man. cheesy
Dumbest thing I've read this week

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by macof(m): 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

If Jesus is to be taken seriously when He says: "No one comes to the Father but through Me," every other proposal is a religion of darkness.

Maybe he's the gateman of heaven
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2013
macof:

Maybe he's the gateman of heaven

Jesus is the only One who said that He is the way to the Father. For Christians to say that there are other ways to find peace with God is to bear false testimony. In one sweeping statement, Jesus discards all other religions as a means of finding forgiveness of sins. This agrees with other Scriptures:

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12), and "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5).

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Image123(m): 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
Logicb: olutionary psychology?
Evolution?
Psychology?
Simple.
1) Man is an evolved animal. Yes, an animal.
2) Man's morality is different from animals due to the fact that
humans have the ability to reason with an evolved brain
3) Man's morality comes from innate instincts,personal reasoning,
family and societal norms
There is no such thing as sin. There is only what we perceive to be
right or wrong.

The theory of evolution remains an unproved myth that requires great faith. Why are monkeys not evolving into humans again? Evolution sounds incoherent compared to the chrstian explanation on the origin of man. BTW, hope you watched 'Evolution vs God' youtube video. i was embarassed on the behalf of all unbelievers, how PhD atheists were stuttering when asked qestions on their religion.

Man's morality comes from the ingrained data God has put in every man, which many call conscience.
Romans 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.

It also comes from religion, society and etc as yo mentioned. However, it hs been proven continually that man will go wrong by default. Man will fight, steal, lie, envy, scheme without being taught. if you've had the privilege of seeing a child grow, you'd know this. This is what is called the sin nature or Adamic nature. The Bible gives the best explanation for this nature seen in every man.

Sin is wickedness. Except you want to argue that there is no wickedness or wrong. When a man murders his fellow man, that is sin. When a man is dishonest, that is sin. When a man has forceful inter.course, that is sin. Only christianity offers the best antidote to all sin, the man Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

frosbel crawls out of the woodwork to strike like a snake but you misfired. If you look at the topic properly you will realise that it says: Why "Christianity" (not "religion"wink is better than other religions. Jesus didn't come to rob it in, He came to rob it out, if you know what I mean.

To show how you are tufaced, I posted how Jesus was different from Mohammad on one of your threads of which you praised to high heavens but now you have changed your tone and pitched your tent in the enemies camp. I repeat the post here to juggle your memory:

True muslims and Christians are faithful to their faiths.  You can only know a true muslim or Christian by observing who among them abide by their founder's instructions.  Jesus Christ is the Lord of Christians and they follow His instructions.  True Muslims also strictly abide by their role model, Lord and prophet, Mohammad.  So don't be surprised when their followers adopt their role model's example which will obviously lead them to two opposing destinations.

MOHAMMED VS CHRIST

Mohammed was the prophet of war; Christ is the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6-7).

Mohammed's disciples killed for the faith; Christ's disciples were killed for their faith (Acts 12:2; 2 Tim. 4:7).

Mohammed promoted persecution against the "infidels"; Christ forgave and converted the chief persecutor (1 Tim. 1:13-15).

Mohammed was the taker of life; Christ is the giver of life (John 10:27-28).

Mohammed and his fellow warriors murdered thousands; Christ murdered none but saved many (John 12:48).

Mohammed’s method was COMPULSION; Christ’s aim was CONVERSION (Acts 3:19).

Mohammed practiced FORCE; Christ preached FAITH (John 6:29, 35).

Mohammed was a WARRIOR; Christ is a DELIVERER (Col. 1:13; 1 Thess. 1:10).

Mohammed said to the masses, "Convert or die!"; Christ said, "Believe and live!" (John 6:47; 11:25-26).

Mohammed was swift to shed blood (Rom. 3:15-17); Christ shed His own blood for the salvation of many (Eph. 1:7).

Mohammed preached "Death to the infidels!"; Christ prayed "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).
Mohammed declared a holy war (Jihad) against infidels; Christ achieved a holy victory on Calvary's cross (Col. 2:14-15) and His followers share in that victory (John 16:33).

Mohammed constrained people by conquest; Christ constrained people by love (2 Cor. 5:14).

Modern terrorists derive their inspiration from Mohammed and carry out their despicable atrocities in the name of his god; Christians derive their inspiration from the One who said, "Blessed are the peacemakers" (Matthew 5:9).

Modern day disciples of Mohammed respond to the terrorist attacks by cheering in the streets; modern day disciples of Christ are deeply grieved at past atrocities carried out by those who were "Christians" in name only (the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, etc.).

Many Muslims are peaceful and peace-loving because they do not strictly follow the teachings of their founder; many Christians are peaceful and peace-loving because they do strictly follow the teachings of their Founder (Rom. 12:17-21).

Mohammed called upon his servants to fight; Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world; if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight . . . but now is My kingdom not from here" (John 18:36)[/li]

Mohammed ordered death to the Jews (see A.Guillaume, The Life of Muhammad, Oxford University Press [1975], p. 369); Christ ordered that the Gospel be preached "to the Jew first" (Rom. 1:16).
The Qur'an says, "Fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them" (Qu'ran 9.5); Christ said, "Preach the Gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15).

Mohammed's mission was to conquer the world for Allah; Christ's mission was to conquer sin's penalty and power by substitutionary atonement (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 3:18).
Mohammed claimed that there was but one God, Allah; Christ claimed that He was God (John 10:30-31; John 8:58-59; John 5:18; John 14:9).

Mohammed's Tomb: OCCUPIED! Christ's tomb: EMPTY! ”

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
128 feet Jesus Statue Erected in War Torn Syria As Middle-East Symbol of Peace

"The ensemble with the blessing Christ in its center, seen from Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine and Israel, is designed to bring peace, mutual understanding, and hope for common salvation to a region engulfed in the flames of war,"

http://www.christianpost.com/news/128-feet-jesus-statue-erected-in-war-torn-syria-as-middle-easts-symbol-of-peace-107554/cpf
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is only One who said that He is the way to the Father. For Christians to say that there are other ways to find peace with God is to bear false testimony. In one sweeping statement, Jesus discards all other religions as a means of finding forgiveness of sins. This agrees with other Scriptures:

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12), and "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5).

No religion other than Christianity has a book like the Bible that tells us about the origin of everything and who we are, where we came from, what our problem is (sin) and what the solution to our sin problem is. No religion has a Saviour who is alive (He arose from the dead). All other religions require people to do something to work out their future - only Christianity has the solution that we can't save ourselves, only God can do it. So how can we know if other religions are not true?

If they don't agree with the Bible they are not true! There are two main tests. First, any religion that claims to be true must believe that Jesus is God! Jesus Himself told us that He and the Father are one. Many religions talk about God a lot, but if they don't believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and that He is God, and they don't believe that Jesus' death on the cross and His resurrection results in our sin being forgiven if we will receive it, then it is not the truth!

Second, is to find out if they believe that salvation is given to those who trust in Jesus. There is nothing you can do to save yourself. We could never do enough good works to get us to heaven, but Jesus did it when He died for us! Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life.

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by macof(m): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

No religion other than Christianity has a book like the Bible that tells us about the origin of everything and who we are, where we came from, what our problem is (sin) and what the solution to our sin problem is. No religion has a Saviour who is alive (He arose from the dead). All other religions require people to do something to work out their future - only Christianity has the solution that we can't save ourselves, only God can do it. So how can know we if other religions are not true?

If they don't agree with the Bible they are not true! There are two main tests. First, any religion that claims to be true must believe that Jesus is God! Jesus Himself told us that He and the Father are one. Many religions talk about God a lot, but if they don't believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and that He is God, and they don't believe that Jesus' death on the cross and His resurrection results in our sin being forgiven if we will receive it, then it is not the truth!

Second, is to find out if they believe that salvation is given to those who trust in Jesus. There is nothing you can do to save yourself. We could never do enough good works to get us to heaven, but Jesus did it when He died for us! Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life.

this comment is actually dumb
the thread topic is about "no religion is better than christianity" you now post this trash saying "any religion that isnt christianity is false"

you should know that Judaism(christianity's father religion) is still practiced today. if u say judaism has been false all along, that means christianity is also false.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
macof:

this comment is actually dumb
the thread topic is about "no religion is better than christianity" you now post this trash saying "any religion that isnt christianity is false"

you should know that Judaism(christianity's father religion) is still practiced today. if u say judaism has been false all along, that means christianity is also false.

The reasons given up there shows how and other religions, including the religion of humanism are not true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Steps To Embracing The New Thing That God Wants To Do In Your Life. / Sinful Giver Vs Repentant Non Giver.. Who's The Real Christian? / Major Mistake Made By Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.