Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,120 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

"Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" (9411 Views)

Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Why Is Christianity So Hated And Persecuted Is It Because It's "conversion Theory" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45am On Oct 24, 2013
To many, Eastern religions have a sense of romantic mysticism. It must therefore be a surprise to find that India has 220 million cows that are worshiped as the supreme givers of life (God). The cow's hooves are bathed in religious ceremonies. Their urine is considered holy and is used to anoint believers. The animal's dung is also applied to the skin of the faithful in religious rituals. They believe that all the gods inhabit some part of the cow's body. A Christian revival in India would not only provide eternal salvation for the country, but would also release enough meat to feed their hungry population.

"But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that you should have fellowship with devils" (1 Corinthians 10:20). From, The Evidence Bible -> http:///1bEnd2s
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
In all major religions, the followers strive to rid themselves of sin through various practices. They may pray in a prescribed way, do various good works, deny themselves legitimate sexual pleasure, follow dietary restrictions, lie on beds of nails, etc. The uniqueness of Jesus is shown in His statement, "The Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins." No other religious leader has ever made this claim. Jesus Christ alone can wash away every sin anyone has ever committed, because of what He did on the cross. By paying the penalty for our sin, He can release us from the torture of guilt. We cannot do anything in the way of religious works to wash away our sins. Forgiveness is a free gift of God (Ephesians 2:8,9).

It is easy to become discouraged after trying to reason with sinners. But to do so is to demean the influence of the Holy Spirit in our witness. If the salvation of a single soul depended solely upon us, we should be depressed if we see little visible and immediate fruit for our labours. However, the Bible tells us that "salvation is of the Lord." We do play a part as a co-labourer with Christ—He may instruct us to roll the stone away, but it is the Lord alone who calls the sinner from the tomb of his deathly state. He gives us opportunity, but He opens the heart of the sinner, and it is Him alone that makes the sinner come to life.

Our confidence should then be in Him. Jesus said, "With God, nothing shall be impossible." We therefore can always abound in the Lord, knowing that our labours (even with cults) are not in vain. His Word cannot return void. Our part is simply to be true and faithful in our witness, then to stand back and watch the miracle work of our God. Who knows, perhaps the words we placed in the heart of the person may bear fruit years after they were spoken, and we will have the joy of unwrapping the grave clothes when God, in His time, calls them.

"For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ"
(2 Corinthians 2:17) The Evidence Bible.

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
a true open minded xtian will not support this thread. Do you think other religions dont have xplanations for what you say about them?. The same way you explain when somethings are said about the bible especially OT genocide. You just took bigotry to another new level

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
What is the poster trying to do? Comparing monotheism with polytheism or just comparing Christianity with other monotheist religions?

How can anyone prove that one religion is superior to the other? What are the standards/criteria used to judge the superiority?? What body of people came up with these standards??

*confused face*
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
In all major religions, the followers strive to rid themselves of sin through various practices. They may pray in a prescribed way, do various good works, deny themselves legitimate sexual pleasure, follow dietary restrictions, lie on beds of nails etc. The uniqueness of Jesus is shown in His statement,

"The Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins."

No other religious leader has ever made this claim. Jesus Christ alone can wash away every sin anyone has ever committed, because of what He did on the cross. By paying the penalty for our sin, He can release us from the torture of guilt. We cannot do anything in the way of religious works to wash away our sins. Forgiveness is a free gift of God.

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8,9). The Evidence Bible.

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
OLAADEGBU: In all major religions, the followers strive to rid themselves of sin through various practices. They may pray in a prescribed way, do various good works, deny themselves legitimate sexual pleasure, follow dietary restrictions, lie on beds of nails etc. The uniqueness of Jesus is shown in His statement,

"The Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins."

No other religious leader has ever made this claim. Jesus Christ alone can wash away every sin anyone has ever committed, because of what He did on the cross. By paying the penalty for our sin, He can release us from the torture of guilt. We cannot do anything in the way of religious works to wash away our sins. Forgiveness is a free gift of God.

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8,9). The Evidence Bible.
I used to admire your posts on NL. Tbh, this is worse than what I ve seen from others. You are using your religion and what it has taught you as the basis of your claims. That is plain wrong. A moslem can do that also.

5 Likes

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Joshthefirst(m): 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
nwuyag:
I used to admire your posts on NL. Tbh, this is worse than what I ve seen from others. You are using your religion and what it has taught you as the basis of your claims. That is plain wrong. A moslem can do that also.
how can a moslem do that please?
Or a buddhist, how can he do that?
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by mazaje(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: how can a moslem do that please?
Or a buddhist, how can he do that?

By quoting relevant passages from their own holy books. . .
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by mazaje(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
nwuyag:

It is called delusion. . .It is not just his own religion but he disagrees with any one that does not accept his own version of christianity or interpretation of the bible, to him if you disagree with his own version of christanity then you are not a christian. . .

5 Likes

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Joshthefirst(m): 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
mazaje:

It is called delusion. . .It is not just his own religion but he disagrees with any one that does not accept his own version of christianity or interpretation of the bible, to him if you disagree with his own version of christanity then you are not a christian. . .
where does any passage of any holy book deal with the current problem that unites and condemns all mankind. What deals with the problem of sin?

How does quoting from any holy book solve this problem?
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by mazaje(m): 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: where does any passage of any holy book deal with the current problem that unites and condemns all mankind. What deals with the problem of sin?

You are completely deluded, you know nothing at all beside the religion that you have been indoctrinated with all your life, islam, hinduism and other religions deal with all these issues in their own way. . . .That your delusion and indoctrination does not allow you to agree with their own explanations but condemns theirs is your problem, theirs also condemns yours as well. . .Keep living in your bubble of delusion if it makes you sleep well at night. . .

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
@ joshthefirst.
let's hit the nail on the head.
this type of thing shouldn't even be debated @ all.
I don't know much about islam. i ve also seen moslems talk about issues with the concept of trinity and many more. They have problems with the bible the same way you have problems with their doctrine. Both parties can never win or make an inch of sense to the other. You are not in the best position to critisize another religion. Dont forget that they are all beliefs that satisfy the believers. I shouldn't be telling you this. You should be doing more thinking.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Joshthefirst(m): 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
mazaje:

You are completely deluded, you know nothing at all beside the religion that you have been indoctrinated with all your life, islam, hinduism and other religions deal with all these issues in their own way. . . .That your delusion and indoctrination does not allow you to agree with their own explanations but condemns theirs is your problem, theirs also condemns yours as well. . .Keep living in your bubble of delusion if it makes you sleep well at night. . .
as usual, I ask you a simple question and you dance around spewing insults without giving any response. And you say I am the indoctrinated one. You have no answers of life. We have the real answers, that's why we break through to men. We have the real answers that are deeper than religion itself. We hold a monopoly on reality, that's why we are the most fought against and the most persecuted by evil men.
Think about this and stop wasting time dancing around the truth and calling others deluded.

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Joshthefirst(m): 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
nwuyag: @ joshthefirst.
let's hit the nail on the head.
this type of thing shouldn't even be debated @ all.
I don't know much about islam. i ve also seen moslems talk about issues with the concept of trinity and many more. Both parties can never win or make an inch of sense to the other. You are not in the best position to critisize another religion. Dont forget that they are all beliefs that satisfy the believers. I shouldn't be telling you this. You should be doing more thinking.
why do people think I don't think?
I have stayed with muslims before. I have seen different men with different stances, they're all the same. If you undermine the power of Jesus to save, then you are simply a religious person who worships him as an idol and yet has nothing to do for him.
The reason we preach is because we know Jesus saves. That's the reason real christians preach. If you just stand around and ignore others as a christian, then you ignore men going to damnation because of their sins.
I will not stand like that. I will do all in my power to spread the good news of the fact that onecan be free from sin on anothers account.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by mazaje(m): 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: as usual, I ask you a simple question and you dance around spewing insults without giving any response.And you say I am the indoctrinated one.

I have responded already. . .You are deluded and indoctrinated to reason along a particular line. . .

You have no answers of life. We have the real answers, that's why we break through to men.

Which answers to life do you have beside the mythical ideas that others invented and made you believe?. . .You have no answer to anything at all. all you have are mythical explanations that do not make any sense to any body that does not accept your indoctrination and bubble of delusion. . .Muslims, hindus etc all have answers and possess monopoly of knowledge as well. . .

We have the real answers that are deeper than religion itself. We hold a monopoly on reality, that's why we are the most fought against and the most persecuted by evil men.
Think about this and stop wasting time dancing around the truth and calling others deluded.

Who are the evil men that persecute you?. . .Now you are throwing in the persecution and vcitim card,eh?. . .I know how it makes you guys feel special when you do that, but no body is persecuting you, people are just .calling you out on your delusions, if you call it persecution then that remains your business. . .You know nothing and have no true knowledge about anything, you know only mythologies and superstitious ideas.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Joshthefirst(m): 7:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Joshthefirst(m): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
I believe you should ask yourself why these deluded men would sacrifice their lives not to kill others, but to save others. Why would these deluded fellows be dehumanized and tortured beyond belief for showing love? Why would they be killed and scorned allover the world. What makes these deluded fellows have this kind of faith to forgive their tormentors and the killers of their loved ones? To go out to preach the gospel knowing they would be killed.
Why? What?
It can't be religion. Religion itself persecutes these men. I've lived in nothern nigeria. I have seen the difference between religion and the real deal.
Christs love keeps us. The reality of salvation from sin makes us sacrifice our lives and reputations and brothers to hold on to it.
Others kill, we are killed. Others maim, we are maimed. Others spite, we go on. We preach and suffer, yet we preach. We must save this world with the gospel message of salvation and love. We are after its best interests
This is reality.
Gods love for the sinner keeps us going. The love of Christ constrains us.

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: why do people think I don't think?
I have stayed with muslims before. I have seen different men with different stances, they're all the same. If you undermine the power of Jesus to save, then you are simply a religious person who worships him as an idol and yet has nothing to do for him.
The reason we preach is because we know Jesus saves. That's the reason real christians preach. If you just stand around and ignore others as a christian, then you ignore men going to damnation because of their sins.
I will not stand like that. I will do all in my power to spread the good news of the fact that onecan be free from sin on anothers account.
Cos it seems that you dont. Let me help you out;
you said you ve stayed with moslems and known them. If a moslem says that about xtians he met, you will say thay they did not meet true xtians. Right?. Its the same answer you can get from another moslem. Its futile. How will you feel when a moslem relentlessly and confidently tries to feed their beliefs to you; criticizing your beliefs. You seem eager to preach. Why not go to the north and tell all that to bokoharam. They are indeed waiting for you.
Moreso, about your Jesus saving story;
Look at this world in a clearer view. A true god, irrespective of ones belief, religion or tribe will be happy to see his imperfect creation, live in love, peace and harmony. Not minding what any book says, not living under forceful obedience. but for the sake of value of morals. Acknowledging all these and by his omnipotence, rid it all of every form of evil. I don't see the relevance of the jesus saving story. Every religious beliefs inherently begets questions, which answers can never be accepted by everyone. So I think this thread connotes the analogy of a pot calling kettle black.

2 Likes

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Joshthefirst(m): 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
nwuyag:
Cos it seems that you dont. Let me help you out;
you said you ve stayed with moslems and known them. If a moslem says that about xtians he met, you will say thay they did not meet true xtians. Right?. Its the same answer you can get from another moslem. Its futile. How will you feel when a moslem relentlessly and confidently tries to feed their beliefs to you; criticizing your beliefs. You seem eager to preach. Why not go to the north and tell all that to bokoharam. They are indeed waiting for you.
Moreso, about your Jesus saving story;
Look at this world in a clearer view. A true god, irrespective of ones belief, religion or tribe will be happy to see his imperfect creation, live in love, peace and harmony. Not minding what any book says, not living under forceful obedience. but for the sake of value of morals. Acknowledging all these and by his omnipotence, rid it all of every form of evil. I don't see the relevance of the jesus saving story. Every religious beliefs inherently begets questions, which answers can never be accepted by everyone. So I think this thread connotes the analogy of a pot calling kettle black.
where is the value of morals without the absolute? Where is the love, peace and harmony in this sinful world.
You do not see the relevance of the Jesus story because you do not realize that all have sinned. All, irrespective of reeligious belief or stance.
Have you not sinned before?
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by mazaje(m): 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: I believe you should ask yourself why these deluded men would sacrifice their lives not to kill others, but to save others. Why would these deluded fellows be dehumanized and tortured beyond belief for showing love? Why would they be killed and scorned allover the world.

Hope you know that christians have killed many people in the name of christianity many many times?. . .The people that brought christianity to the shores of africa were mostly slave traders. . .You know nothing but the one sided indoctrinated rosy picture you have been feed. . .Which love are christians showing?. . .Nigeria is one of the most religious christian country I know, the question is where is the love?. . .Where is it show me pls or shut up. . .

What makes these deluded fellows have this kind of faith to forgive their tormentors and the killers of their loved ones? To go out to preach the gospel knowing they would be killed.
Why? What?

Which tormentors where and when, the same christians that are busy killing kids in the name of witches, discriminating against gays, stealing against each other in the name of giving to the church etc. . .Christians have tormented many when the church was under the church in europe, study your history well. . .The only thing that has made the church loss its grip on power is democracy in the western world. . .

It can't be religion. Religion itself persecutes these men. I've lived in nothern nigeria. I have seen the difference between religion and the real deal.

The same north where christians in jos are recorded to be eating the flesh of muslims while chanting we are soldiers of Christ?. . .What the hell are you talking about?. . .I have seen christian bigotry and violence because I am a full hausa ex christian guy. . .
ss
Christs love keeps us. The reality of salvation from sin makes us sacrifice our lives and reputations and brothers to hold on to it.
Others kill, we are killed. Others maim, we are maimed.

Lie, you kill and get killed as well. . .Go study the religious wars started by christians, Ireland was a complete mess because of two christian faction that could not agree with each other. . .Christians have killed so many in the name of jesus. . .

For example, Mark Juergensmeyer argues: "that despite its central tenets of love and peace, Christianity—like most traditions—has always had a violent side. The bloody history of the tradition has provided images as disturbing as those provided by Islam or Sikhism, and violent conflict is vividly portrayed in the Bible. This history and these biblical images have provided the raw material for theologically justifying the violence of contemporary Christian groups. For example, attacks on abortion clinics have been viewed not only as assaults on a practice that Christians regard as immoral, but also as skirmishes in a grand confrontation between forces of evil and good that has social and political implications."[16]:19–20, sometimes referred to as Spiritual warfare. The statement attributed to Jesus "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" has been interpreted by some as a call to arms to Christians.

Others spite, we go on. We preach and suffer, yet we preach. We must save this world with the gospel message of salvation and love. We are after its best interests
This is reality.

Which reality. . .Here is the reality. . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/war/religious/holywar.shtml

The link show the many wars christians have wage to spread the faith among other things.. .

Gods love for the sinner keeps us going. The love of Christ constrains us.

Another delusional cliche. . .

2 Likes

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
mazaje:

Exactly!, even when I was a xtian, I knew this, so I wonder how they don't see this.
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Talking about idolatry. Those who deny the fact that God is angry at sin insinuate that sinful man (with his measure of desire to see justice) is more just than God. This is an incredible affront to the integrity of God. The following Time magazine letter to the editor epitomizes idolatry (the oldest sin in the Book):

"Excellent topic! I truly enjoyed reading ‘Does Heaven Exist?’ I am a devout Christian, and I don’t give much thought to heaven. My spirituality isn't based on an anthropomorphic, kick$*!@ God who will throw four generations of children into eternal damnation because some distant forefather ticked him off [see Proverbs 28:5]. Heaven is the flip side of the absolutely barbaric notion of hell that evolved under that kick-butt mindset…To me, God is a symbol for something unfathomable, an utter mystery that fills my heart with joy and my spirit with song."

"Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry." (1 Corinthians 10:14).
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by mazaje(m): 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Talking about idolatry. Those who deny the fact that God is angry at sin insinuate that sinful man (with his measure of desire to see justice) is more just than God. This is an incredible affront to the integrity of God. The following Time magazine letter to the editor epitomizes idolatry (the oldest sin in the Book):

"Excellent topic! I truly enjoyed reading ‘Does Heaven Exist?’ I am a devout Christian, and I don’t give much thought to heaven. My spirituality isn't based on an anthropomorphic, kick$*!@ God who will throw four generations of children into eternal damnation because some distant forefather ticked him off [see Proverbs 28:5]. Heaven is the flip side of the absolutely barbaric notion of hell that evolved under that kick-butt mindset…To me, God is a symbol for something unfathomable, an utter mystery that fills my heart with joy and my spirit with song."

"Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry." (1 Corinthians 10:14).

You worship a dead Jewish man as god and you berate other for idolatry, eh?. . .Your delusion knows no boundary. . .
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
mazaje:

You worship a dead Jewish man as god and you berate other for idolatry, eh?. . .Your delusion knows no boundary. . .

Lets see this Jewish man who was dead but is now alive and compare him to your dead gods.

"I am He that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death" (Revelation 1:18).

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ola, your religion is just as bad as the rest, with their endless rituals and unbiblical pagan doctrines.

Jesus Christ did not come to start a religion, he came to show us the way to the father and hence everlasting life , and how we can attain this life by our trust in his sacrifice and conduct in this current world.

Jesus does not know your religion for it misrepresents him in almost all respects.

So, again , your religion is not better than the rest.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
frosbel: Ola, your religion is just as bad as the rest, with their endless rituals and unbiblical pagan doctrines.

Jesus Christ did not come to start a religion, he came to show us the way to the father and hence everlasting life , and how we can attain this life by our trust in his sacrifice and conduct in this current world.

Jesus does not know your religion for it misrepresents him in almost all respects.

So, again , your religion is not better than the rest.

Thanks.

frosbel crawls out of the woodwork to strike like a snake but you misfired. If you look at the topic properly you will realise that it says: Why "Christianity" (not "religion"wink is better than other religions. Jesus didn't come to rob it in, He came to rob it out, if you know what I mean.

To show how you are tufaced, I posted how Jesus was different from Mohammad on one of your threads of which you praised to high heavens but now you have changed your tone and pitched your tent in the enemies camp. I repeat the post here to juggle your memory:

True muslims and Christians are faithful to their faiths.  You can only know a true muslim or Christian by observing who among them abide by their founder's instructions.  Jesus Christ is the Lord of Christians and they follow His instructions.  True Muslims also strictly abide by their role model, Lord and prophet, Mohammad.  So don't be surprised when their followers adopt their role model's example which will obviously lead them to two opposing destinations.

MOHAMMED VS CHRIST

Mohammed was the prophet of war; Christ is the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6-7).

Mohammed's disciples killed for the faith; Christ's disciples were killed for their faith (Acts 12:2; 2 Tim. 4:7).

Mohammed promoted persecution against the "infidels"; Christ forgave and converted the chief persecutor (1 Tim. 1:13-15).

Mohammed was the taker of life; Christ is the giver of life (John 10:27-28).

Mohammed and his fellow warriors murdered thousands; Christ murdered none but saved many (John 12:48).

Mohammed’s method was COMPULSION; Christ’s aim was CONVERSION (Acts 3:19).

Mohammed practiced FORCE; Christ preached FAITH (John 6:29, 35).

Mohammed was a WARRIOR; Christ is a DELIVERER (Col. 1:13; 1 Thess. 1:10).

Mohammed said to the masses, "Convert or die!"; Christ said, "Believe and live!" (John 6:47; 11:25-26).

Mohammed was swift to shed blood (Rom. 3:15-17); Christ shed His own blood for the salvation of many (Eph. 1:7).

Mohammed preached "Death to the infidels!"; Christ prayed "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).
Mohammed declared a holy war (Jihad) against infidels; Christ achieved a holy victory on Calvary's cross (Col. 2:14-15) and His followers share in that victory (John 16:33).

Mohammed constrained people by conquest; Christ constrained people by love (2 Cor. 5:14).

Modern terrorists derive their inspiration from Mohammed and carry out their despicable atrocities in the name of his god; Christians derive their inspiration from the One who said, "Blessed are the peacemakers" (Matthew 5:9).

Modern day disciples of Mohammed respond to the terrorist attacks by cheering in the streets; modern day disciples of Christ are deeply grieved at past atrocities carried out by those who were "Christians" in name only (the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, etc.).

Many Muslims are peaceful and peace-loving because they do not strictly follow the teachings of their founder; many Christians are peaceful and peace-loving because they do strictly follow the teachings of their Founder (Rom. 12:17-21).

Mohammed called upon his servants to fight; Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world; if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight . . . but now is My kingdom not from here" (John 18:36)[/li]

Mohammed ordered death to the Jews (see A.Guillaume, The Life of Muhammad, Oxford University Press [1975], p. 369); Christ ordered that the Gospel be preached "to the Jew first" (Rom. 1:16).
The Qur'an says, "Fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them" (Qu'ran 9.5); Christ said, "Preach the Gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15).

Mohammed's mission was to conquer the world for Allah; Christ's mission was to conquer sin's penalty and power by substitutionary atonement (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 3:18).
Mohammed claimed that there was but one God, Allah; Christ claimed that He was God (John 10:30-31; John 8:58-59; John 5:18; John 14:9).

Mohammed's Tomb: OCCUPIED! Christ's tomb: EMPTY! ”
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
^^^

grin
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Joshthefirst(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Joshthefirst(m): 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: why do people think I don't think?
Whenever I read xtian posts, instead of reading meanings, I read questions. Dont conclude why, its obvious.
Moreso, dont act like xtians are being persecuted. I hate to hear that word.Because a lot of you dont even know what is persecution. Christianity is the leading party. If you truly know what persecution is, go preach amongst bokoharam people and stop spreading your hypocrisy here. Math 5; 10. "Blessed are you who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven". another verse says "Anyone who looses his life for my sake will gain it" You could aswell save yourself some stress in this "sinful an wicked" world, and take the easy route

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In August 2018 / Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd / What Is The Book Of Enoch And Should It Be In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.