Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,048 members, 7,821,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo (799 Views)

Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 / Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars / NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by fkaz(m): 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
By SaharaReporters, New York
The House of Representatives Committee on Aviation has ordered Aviation Minister Stella Oduah to appear before it by next Tuesday when its investigation into the armoured car scandal in the Ministry will come to an end.
The order came after the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry said Mrs. Oduah had left for Israel to sign a bilateral air agreement and would not return before Tuesday. Mrs. Oduah travelled out on Monday night ahead of President Goodluck Jonathan who set up a probe panel to investigate her within two weeks.
[b]The committee also confirmed at its ongoing investigative hearing in Abuja that there was no budgetary approval for the cars for the Minister. A proposal for the two cars by the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) was specifically rejected, it said, even when the agency proposed to buy them for N70million each.
It would be recalled that the NCAA said it received approval from the Minister to purchase the two cars at the considerably higher cost of N255 million.
In another stunning development, the committee said the NCAA had gone ahead and bought 54 vehicles when approval was given for only 25.
With reference to Mrs. Oduah’s testimony at the hearing, the committee declared that she must appear even if she has to arrive by chartered flight.
Members of the committee also dismissed aviation ministry officials, led by the permanent secretary, who was to represent the minister, saying they lacked relevance to the hearing. They said they would only accept a presentation from the NCAA whose director was present.
The chair of the committee, Nkiruka Onyejeocha, said the committee wanted independent presentation from the NCAA, making all others surplus to requirements.
[/b] Mrs. Oduah is being investigated over the controversial purchase of two armoured BMW cars for N255 million by the NCAA at her request. President Goodluck Jonathan who subsequently set up a three-man panel to probe the deal recently queried her.
Yesterday, it emerged that she will be with Mr. Jonathan conducting officisl business during his visits in Israel.
In the 2013 budget approved by the National Assembly, under which NCAA was supposed to have purchased 25 cars, the agency said they were needed to inspect airport perimeter fences.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/house-committee-says-it-rejected-ncaa-budget-proposal-buy-armored-bmw-cars-n70-million-eac
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by otokx(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
The NCAA man has a lot of explanation to do ditto Ms Stella Oduah.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by ballabriggs: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
So the house rejected a budget of N70 million on this vehicle, yet these people went ahead to spend N112 million on the same vehicle.

These people are wicked, these people are hardened criminals, these people are devilish.

She will not say the truth as she is a hardened criminal. The only way to make her say the truth is to bring Sergeant Rogers to torture her.

2 Likes

Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by Awakulowo1: 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
I don't know why my brother allowed himself to be used by this ibo woman. No Yoruba man or woman will pity you if the tables turn against you. We don't care if this case consume you.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by fkaz(m): 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
Awakulowo1: I don't know why my brother allowed himself to be used by this ibo woman. No Yoruba man or woman will pity you if the tables turn against you. We don't care if this case consume you.

Fola Akinkoutu was not involved in the purchase of the vehicle. He has said it time without number, he was appointed 27th of june 2013. The transaction was carried out under the ACTING DG in person of Mr. Joyce Nkemakolam. after the sack of Dr. Harold Demuren

2 Likes

Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by Illuminatus(m): 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
If the case hasn't been full blown by the media like this, I assure you that the Senate won't do anything about this when they find out. Even with the way things are going, I'm not certain they'll do the right thing at the end of the day.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by abacus(m): 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
Where are the #Ste(aler)llaMustStay people..
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by luvmijeje(f): 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
Agreed, that PDP is useless but what about the opposition in the NA, are they also useless? I'm really disappointed in their approach to their duties.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by abu12: 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
abacus: Where are the #Ste(aler)llaMustStay people..

They can't withstand the revelation, they must have buried their flat head in shame

3 Likes

Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by abu12: 8:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Come 2015 sai APC

Sai buhari
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by danot1030: 8:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Awakulowo1: I don't know why my brother allowed himself to be used by this ibo woman. No Yoruba man or woman will pity you if the tables turn against you. We don't care if this case consume you.
mr man stop dat tribalistic tin.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by fyneguy: 8:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
luvmijeje: Agreed, that PDP is useless but what about the opposition in the NA, are they also useless? I'm really disappointed in their approach to their duties.

What in the article makes the NA appear useless?
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by Awakulowo1: 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
fkaz:

Fola Akinkoutu was not involved in the purchase of the vehicle. He has said it time without number, he was appointed 27th of june 2013. The transaction was carried out under the ACTING DG in person of Mr. Joyce Nkemakolam. after the sack of Dr. Harold Demuren

Thanks for the clarification, watching Mr Joyce Nkem on AIT now. I knew that one of them from the land of the fading Sun would be involved.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by DerideGull(m): 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
ballabriggs: So the house rejected a budget of N70 million on this vehicle, yet these people went ahead to spend N112 million on the same vehicle.

These people are wicked, these people are hardened criminals, these people are devilish.

She will not say the truth as she is a hardened criminal. The only way to make her say the truth is to bring Sergeant Rogers to torture her.

You have left trail of disappointments throughout the discussions on this BMW saga procured by NCAA for ministry of aviation. It is unfortunate you had it all wrong when lamented about the absence of tender board only to find out there was one. I am not surprised to see you jumping like a drunkard over the alleged itemization of the budget when there is none. If the ministry’s budget was itemized, I challenged the SaharaReporters and the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation to inform the general public other items the committee rejected on the 2013 ministry of aviation budget.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
abu12: Come 2015 sai APC

Sai buhari

This or let us go our separate ways! NO MORE NIGERIA AS LONG AS PDP WANTS TO HOLD ON TO POWER.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by luvmijeje(f): 9:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
fyneguy:

What in the article makes the NA appear useless?

fkaz:
In the 2013 budget approved by the National Assembly, under which NCAA was supposed to have purchased 25 cars, the agency said they were needed to inspect airport perimeter fence
c
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by abu12: 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
0lumide:

This or let us go our separate ways! NO MORE NIGERIA AS LONG AS PDP WANTS TO HOLD ON TO POWER.

The earlier they depart in peace or wait till 2015.

Sai APC say one nigeria
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by DerideGull(m): 9:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
0lumide:

Nigerians will not be discussing this arrant nonsense today if your forbearers were wiser than a domesticated monkey.
They should have supported Biafra by declaring Republic of Oodua thereby cosigning Nigeria to a dust bin.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
DerideGull:

Nigerians will not be discussing this arrant nonsense today if your forbearers were wiser than a domesticated monkey.

And if you father was smarter than a tape warm, you won't be alive today
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by ballabriggs: 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
DerideGull:

You have left trail of disappointments throughout the discussions on this BMW saga procured by NCAA for ministry of aviation. It is unfortunate you had it all wrong when lamented about the absence of tender board only to find out there was one. I am not surprised to see you jumping like a drunkard over the alleged itemization of the budget when there is none. If the ministry’s budget was itemized, I challenged the SaharaReporters and the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation to inform the general public other items the committee rejected on the 2013 ministry of aviation budget.

Dede aturu, at your age you should be the one condemning theft. However what I see in you are the features of a hardened criminal.

Where did you see the evidence that a request for bids was duly advertised? Where is the evidence that the board of NCAA sat and approved the contract?
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by DerideGull(m): 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
0lumide:

And if you father was smarter than a tape warm, you won't be alive today

Since I am alive and read the craps from basement fools such as you, I guess my father did better than your pajamas coward father.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by DerideGull(m): 9:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

Dede aturu, at your age you should be the one condemning theft. However what I see in you are the features of a hardened criminal.

Where did you see the evidence that a request for bids was duly advertised? Where is the evidence that the board of NCAA sat and approved the contract?

How many dumbasses such as you in Nigeria know the price of one run flat tire? If I call you an aturu, it is an insult to ewu. If a compound fool such you have an iota of due process in Nigeria, the country should have grown out of its jungle image by now.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by tomakint: 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
Wao, this criminal case is long overdue and I pray that the faces of the perpetrators in this ignoble act are all brought to book! Jonathan should use this moment to reverse his negative approval ratings in the camp of the opposition. I am watching cool
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by omenka(m): 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
Even a man with nasal malfunction can smell the putrid stench of this fraud. It is indeed shameful.
Re: House Committee Says It Rejected NCAA Budget Proposal To Buy Armored BMW Cars Fo by RockMaxi: 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
Where is Billionaire? He need to defend this one

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

2015 Election: APC Is Not Better Than PDP / APC Mulls Kwankwaso/ Fashola Ticket For 2015 Presidential Election / Dr. T. A. Orji, Declares Ambition for Senatorial Position Come 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.