Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Court Awards Ibori Bribe Money To Federal Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Awards Ibori Bribe Money To Federal Government (563 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Federal Government-boko Haram Ceasefire Agreement / Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. / Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Awards Ibori Bribe Money To Federal Government by karlmax2: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has
awarded the ownership of the $15 million former Delta state governor, James Ibori bribe money to the federal government.

The court averred that the Delta state government failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the money belongs to it.

The Delta state government claimed ownership of the money allegedly given by Mr. Ibori,  as bribe to stave-off arrest by former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

The EFCC had in July 2012 approached the court through an ex- parte application, requesting for an
order forfeiting the Ibori bribe which had been lying in the vaults of the Central Bank of Nigeria for more than five years to the Federal Government as unclaimed proceed of crime.

The EFCC had urged the court to dismiss the claim by the Delta State government to the alleged bribe and order the final forfeiture of the sum to the Federal Government in line with the provisions of Section 17 of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences Act, 2006.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/10/25/court-awards-ibori-bribe-money-to-federal-government/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Court Awards Ibori Bribe Money To Federal Government by phrancys001(m): 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
Loot that will soon be looted.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards Ibori Bribe Money To Federal Government by lincolnj88: 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
Then one dry desert good for nothing almajiri notherstate will now benefit from it.......
Re: Court Awards Ibori Bribe Money To Federal Government by gboso1ne(m): 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
This is what happens when u defend a hardened criminal then after his conviction,u are claiming his stolen property.

Abeg make the oga at the tops share dis one jawe
Re: Court Awards Ibori Bribe Money To Federal Government by atlwireles: 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
Now that the central govt has won this case. I hope the govt, will return this money back to delta. Ibori had no other means of income, than delta state money.
Re: Court Awards Ibori Bribe Money To Federal Government by gtrust: 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
atlwireles: Now that the central govt has won this case. I hope the govt, will return this money back to delta. Ibori had no other means of income, than delta state money.

Delta state refused to provide any evidence that their (Delta state) money is missing.
They also did not support and even prevented the collection of evidence that Ibori stole Delta state's money.

They were afraid the said evidence might be used against Ibori hence Delta state forfeited the money to protect Ibori.

The 'good news' here is: it worked and Ibori will soon be released from prison!
When Well that depends on the people running Nigeria and when they will be comfortable having Ibori around...2015 I my mind... lol
Re: Court Awards Ibori Bribe Money To Federal Government by owolabifunke14(f): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
This money should be evenly distributed. Let every Nigerian in possession of NIMC I'd card go to bank and collect his/her share of the returned money. Na our money no be delta own

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Localgoverment Election / PHOTONEWS: Police DPO Holds G7 Governors Hostage At Kano Government Lodge In Aso / Chime Denies Detaining Wife: I’m Protecting Her From Ridicule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.