Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,445 members, 7,826,714 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects (1010 Views)

Presidency Moves Against Terror Attack In Villa / Presidency Moves To Replace Mu’azu With S’south Governor / Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects

[img]http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/wp-content/themes/sahifa/timthumb.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/good1.jpg&h=330&w=660&a=c[/img]

The Presidency may have begun moves to initiate a thorough investigation into the N7.5 Billion contracts for the remodeling of major airports across the country initiated and executed by embattled Minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah.

The Airport Remodeling Contracts was awarded to: Trenur Nigeria Ltd, Archvisual Solution Ltd, Mesh Projects Ltd, Paache Construction, ARDC Ltd, and Ogbosite International Ltd among others.

This is coming barely 24 hours after President Goodluck Jonathan constituted an administrative panel to probe the controversial Minister of Aviation over the scandalous purchase of two BMW 7 Armored series at N255 million.

A major source of concern for the Presidency is the remodeled Contract of the Benin Airport, allegedly awarded to the son of the Chief of Staff to the President, Chief Mike Oghiadomhe, which has been described by aviation experts as one of the worst projects in the history of aviation development globally.

The presidency is particularly miffed by deluge of petitions before Nigeria’s anti graft bodies including the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission ICPC and others, detailing scandalous allegations of over inflated contract deals involving the repairs of major airports.

Part of the petition seen by pointblanknews.com by an Aviation group alleged “For example, Zakhem Construction Nig. Ltd was awarded the contract for upgrade of MMIA Lagos in the 1st phase at the sum of N920, 191, 147.58. Curiously, same company was awarded another contract in the tune of N981, 900,300.45 for ‘upgrade and rehabilitation’ of MMIA Lagos, under a spurious banner of Phase II.” According to the petition, “the# entire Phase II is sheer duplication of Phase I.”

The petition currently being studied also alleged that “Messrs Ngonyama Okpanum and Associates; Messrs Design Union Consulting Ltd and Messrs Triad Associates Ltd were awarded contracts for consultancy works on the upgrade of the airports at the sums of N99, 179,507.17; N60, 986,730.46 and N95, 520,011.93 respectively without advertisement, certificate of No Objection from the BPP or approval by the tender’s board,” the union stated.

Another petition seen by Pointblanknews.com alleged “For instance, a contract on the provision of ‘new security strategies for airports’, N6.247 billion was paid already from the contract sum of N9 billion.

It is alleged that many Government agencies including the Aviation Ministry are using the ‘No Objection Certificate’ given by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) to issue contracts of over N20 billion without advertising them, once they write to the BPP, which allows for selective tendering.

Pointblanknews.com sources disclosed that some of the corrupt practices allegedly perpetrated under the nose and with the
active connivance of Oduah includes the illegal conversion of over N390 million revenue of FAAN for “renovation of toilets at the Murtalla Mohammed International Airport MMIA”

Other scams are N40 Billion airport remodeling programme, her per project, which has no budgetary provision, N228 million approved for the service of two power generating sets, N140 Million approved, and collected for staff training that never held, and an alleged N1 billion lodged under phony circumstances at Chase Bank.

The anger of the Benin airport according to a petition signed by Comrade Odigie Momoh for Edo Integrity Group, is hinged on concerns that the contractors are not qualified and have no basic record of similar projects, to handle any aviation related jobs.

“We demand an end to mediocrity and patronage. What we have at the remodeled Benin Airport is a sham, a scam of the highest level and a disgrace in the Aviation industry.”

“We demand that all the Airport remodeling projects in the country particularly the Benin Airport be thoroughly investigated and anyone found culpable be prosecuted including the son of the Chief of Staff to the President, Chief Mike Oghiadomhe who we know got the contract,” Momoh of the Edo Integrity Group said in the statement.

PointBlankNews
Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by taharqa: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
PROPAGANDA ALERT..... Complete lie, this

1 Like

Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by takedat(m): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
^ grin grin grin

If the allegations were made against Fashola, it won't be propaganda and a complete lie! I see!

6 Likes

Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by FreeGlobe(f): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
The Topic: [b] Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects

[b] The first paragraph:
The Presidency may have begun moves to initiate a thorough investigation into the N7.5 Billion contracts for the remodeling of major airports across the country initiated and executed by embattled Minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah.

^
over to dumb Nigerians to deliberate a cooked up and unsubstantiated news. Aviation experts my azz

2 Likes

Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
taharqa: PROPAGANDA ALERT..... Complete lie, this

PointBlankNews has stood shoulder to shoulder with madam up until this point, you know wink

1 Like

Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by gurnam: 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
take dat: ^ grin grin grin

If the allegations were made against Fashola, it won't be propaganda and a complete lie! I see!

you dey mind the bagger?

See how he just waved the allegations with facts.....if its their usual conjecture and silly tribal patronising post now...he will be more receptive.

1 Like

Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by takedat(m): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
gurnam:

you dey mind the bagger?

See how he just waved the allegations with facts.....if its their usual conjecture and silly tribal patronising post now...he will be more receptive.
@Taharqa is a decent guy. He just couldn't handle the scale and nature of the allegations and widespread criticism.
Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by taharqa: 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2013

@take dat, I still hv not seen a single comment from you on the LekkiEpe GRAND FRAUD. I wönda why??..... You know that it is not every anti-Fashola/Tinubu corruptn thread that I comment on; in fact, I hardly comment on most and hv even dismissed a few. BUT that Lekki-Epe Scheme is a FRAUD of d 1st rate, regardless of whateva directn one wants to look at it. Plus, I am Appaled by d 'Conspiracy of Silence' and outright HYPOCRISY in the rxtn to it. You are not yrself in d clear in this respect......@topic, this new allegation about d Presidency's alleged probe of d Remodelled Airports is nothing but a streak of PROPAGANDA. Full Stop!! Don't even hv d time to debate it any furda...
Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by Omexonomy: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
Clown tak dis,
clown e-gorrila.
What do you have to say about fashola and tinubu buy back of lekki epe expressway?

Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by hercules07: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
taharqa: @take dat, I still hv not seen a single comment from you on the LekkiEpe GRAND FRAUD. I wönda why??..... You know that it is not every anti-Fashola/Tinubu corruptn thread that I comment on; in fact, I hardly comment on most and hv even dismissed a few. BUT that Lekki-Epe Scheme is a FRAUD of d 1st rate, regardless of whateva directn one wants to look at it. Plus, I am Appaled by d 'Conspiracy of Silence' and outright HYPOCRISY in the rxtn to it. You are not yrself in d clear in this respect......@topic, this new allegation about d Presidency's alleged probe of d Remodelled Airports is nothing but a streak of PROPAGANDA. Full Stop!! Don't even hv d time to debate it any furda...
I don dey post on that Lekki one o.
Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sorry to say this but do mind telling us if you are Fvcking Ms Oduah? It's rather disturbing to find you in every thread where she is mention and you try to wave everything off as a lie.

How much is she paying you?
taharqa: @take dat, I still hv not seen a single comment from you on the LekkiEpe GRAND FRAUD. I wönda why??..... You know that it is not every anti-Fashola/Tinubu corruptn thread that I comment on; in fact, I hardly comment on most and hv even dismissed a few. BUT that Lekki-Epe Scheme is a FRAUD of d 1st rate, regardless of whateva directn one wants to look at it. Plus, I am Appaled by d 'Conspiracy of Silence' and outright HYPOCRISY in the rxtn to it. You are not yrself in d clear in this respect......@topic, this new allegation about d Presidency's alleged probe of d Remodelled Airports is nothing but a streak of PROPAGANDA. Full Stop!! Don't even hv d time to debate it any furda...
Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by Tolexander: 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
what evidence have you to ascertain this news as a propaganda?

Exactly how we thought and meant to believe the 2 BMW cars bought for her was a lie.

1 Like

Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
Don't mind the bloody fool. They are paid to disapprove allegations via social media.

See:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/official-denial-appeal-ethnicity-diversionary-publications-and-media-blackmail-desperate-m

Tolexander: what evidence have you to ascertain this news as a propaganda?

Exactly how we thought and meant to believe the 2 BMW cars bought for her was a lie.
Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by hercules07: 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
Tolexander: what evidence have you to ascertain this news as a propaganda?

I have done simple arithmetic for him on the Lekki-Epe Road, the proposed cost is cheaper than what the FG is spending on the Lagos Ibadan Expressway, the buyback is the best thing for LASG because the revenue of #4B per annum means the state will recoup the money spent in less than 30 years. I personally believe that the Lekki Epe expressway could have been done cheaper and there is a need to always scrutinize whatever our leaders do, but, the angle he is trying to push is that FG projects are cheaper, haba.
Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
This corrupt Stella is more corrupt than corruption.
Re: Oduahgate: Presidency Moves To Probe N7.5 Billion Airports Remodel Projects by ba7man(m): 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
hercules07:
I have done simple arithmetic for him on the Lekki-Epe Road, the proposed cost is cheaper than what the FG is spending on the Lagos Ibadan Expressway, the buyback is the best thing for LASG because the revenue of #4B per annum means the state will recoup the money spent in less than 30 years. I personally believe that the Lekki Epe expressway could have been done cheaper and there is a need to always scrutinize whatever our leaders do, but, the angle he is trying to push is that FG projects are cheaper, haba.
Pls, does the Ibadan-Express project come with large covered concrete drainages and is also constructed on sandy, water-logged soil??

(1) (Reply)

PDP Onitsha Rally: A House Divided Within Itself / Nigerian Navy To Export War Ships To African Countries / How Jonathan Forced Benin Republic To Release Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.