Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Babies Born With Dreads Evil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Babies Born With Dreads Evil? (7692 Views)

What Happens To Babies Born After Rapture / 'Holy Cow' Born With White Cross On Forehead!! / 88 Babies Born In A Week At RCCG 60th One-week Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
While most people believe all babies come from God,some,(nigerians)still hold that there is some "being" somewhere who sends evil babies into the world.Babies born with dreads,popularly called "dada",are believed to be one of such babies.

"A feast was held months after I was born before my head was shaved." A friend(who was born dada)said to me in a recent conversation.It is believed in most parts of Nigeria that dreads must not be shaved without a feast.

A local research has shown that there could be a connection between these babies and tribe/religion. yorubas(members of the cherubim and seraphim church especially)are said to have the most "dadas".

Now do you think it has anything to to with tribe/religion?do u think they are evil? Please tell us what u think/knw abt dada smiley
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Didi5(m): 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
Space booked
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Skanas(m): 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Don't know anything about "dada" except the fact that I was born a "dada"...mine was this thick short once, made me look like a small rasterman.I still enjoy looking at my birthday pics back then...as per been evil I dunno Oº°˚˚°º cos am not evil.
My mum said b4 mine was shaved down that I demanded for rice and chicken (while my bro demanded for sugarcane) which was honoured and shared among kids around.
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
I love beautiful and well kempt dreads, you all can keep believing in whatever it is you believe in, I won't mind having babies with dreads, very long dreads. undecided
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
Skanas: Don't know anything about "dada" except the fact that I was born a "dada"...mine was this thick short once, made me look like a small rasterman.I still enjoy looking at my birthday pics back then...as per been evil I dunno Oº°˚˚°º cos am not evil.
My mum said b4 mine was shaved down that I demanded for rice and chicken (while my bro demanded for sugarcane) which was honoured and shared among kids around.

lol...alright..do u mind telling us your tribe?
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
hornipipe: I love beautiful and well kempt dreads, you all can keep believing in whatever it is you believe in, I won't mind having babies with dreads, very long dreads. undecided
thanks for your contribution
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Didi 5: Space booked
undecided

grin
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Didi5(m): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
Dada barrister
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Didi5(m): 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
This post has been hidden

Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 7:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by odizeey(m): 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
I dey come
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
odizeey: I dey come
lolzZ
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mizz bernie wants to knw abt...hehehe welcome
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Skanas(m): 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mickey7: lol...alright..do u mind telling us your tribe?
Igbo boys movement»»»»»042 iRep!
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 8:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
Skanas:
Igbo boys movement»»»»»042 iRep!
lol what is 042 again?
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by odizeey(m): 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mickey7: Mizz bernie wants to knw abt...hehehe welcome
........joystick,d gal bad gan
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Skanas(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mickey7: lol what is 042 again?
Enugu
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Skanas:
Enugu
ok hm ok dts new
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by RileyFreeman(m): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
Now do you think it has anything to to with tribe/
religion?

To an instance, Yes! Just as you said, Most members of the Cherubim & Seraphim 'cele' church are said to have locks the most. Which I quite agree with because I haven't seen any other religious group with such common 'trait'.

do u think they are evil?

Hmmm! I don't know o.. But I wouldn't wanna believe so exactly, afterall we have Biblical characters with Locks. E.g Samson, Ezekiel, maybe Samuel, John etc.

But I must add the fact that they carried such locks on God's instruction.

And in same vein, I've heard stories of Children who fell sick/went through some ordeal after their dreads were cutoff (especially without their consent). Some even have it that such locks regrow over time. In most cases, there are some spiritual attachments to dreadlocks, which of course need spiritual attention/revelation before they can be shaved off.

I can't generalise this, but the few carriers of natural 'dada' I've seen 're troublesome, acted weird or something of such.

Dazall.
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Riley_Freeman: .
undecided where is d mod ..
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by RileyFreeman(m): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mickey7: undecided where is d mod ..

in your cupboard.
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by wiegraf: 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mickey7: While most people believe all babies come from God,some,(nigerians)still hold that there is some "being" somewhere who sends evil babies into the world.

I hope neither side is complaining as this is pot vs kettle $hit. And very funny. Babies coming from god.... black man, everything is god. don't do anything....

Op, they're as evil as those children in the east that were tossed out of their houses for being winchies a few years back.

Random; If you read the op and thought to yourself "what an excellent question", you need to return your brains to 'god' or whatever travesty issued it and get a refund.

1 Like

Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
wiegraf:

I hope neither side is complaining as this is pot vs kettle $hit. And very funny. Babies coming from god.... black man, everything is god. don't do anything....

Op, they're as evil as those children in the east that were tossed out of their houses for being winchies a few years back.

Random; If you read the op and thought to yourself "what an excellent question", you need to return your brains to 'god' or whatever travesty issued it and get a refund.
hMmm.....riley nice wink
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Caseless: 11:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
hornipipe: I love beautiful and well kempt dreads, you all can keep believing in whatever it is you believe in, I won't mind having babies with dreads, very long dreads. undecided
good evening/goodmorning, papa damian marley!
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Adex099(m): 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
damn!!! Mickey tricked me cry
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 12:36am On Oct 26, 2013
Adex099: damn!!! Mickey tricked me cry
lol all ov u riley too
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Adex099(m): 5:30am On Oct 26, 2013
Mickey7: lol all ov u riley too
angry
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by IamSylva(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
Mickey7: lol all ov u riley too
Well u didn't trick me.. I know that oxygen isn't solidtongue i know that u are using it to draw peoplecheesy

@Topic.. I dnt blive in that shii dat dada is evil.. Thr is a guy in my school that has dada and he keeps it well..

I luv his brother more tho.. His brother makes all his dreads equal.. He dyes it black and puts ribbons on most of them.. The guy makes me wanna av dreadsembarassed... Sorry to say this but he also makes me feel gay at timeslipsrsealed dats how cute his dreadlocks were.. So dada is good if u keep it clean.. I guess its those dirty ones that carry evil spirits in themgrin

PS:the guy is a cherubim and seraphim membergrin
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by plaetton: 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Any re-tar.d that thinks a baby is evil for any reasons whatsoever is a very dangerous re-tard, and probably does not deserve to live among civilzed society.
An asylum should be his permanent home.
Religion is breeding far too many mental retards in Nigeria.
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
I_am_Sylva:
Well u didn't trick me.. I know that oxygen isn't solidtongue i know that u are using it to draw peoplecheesy

@Topic.. I dnt blive in that shii dat dada is evil.. Thr is a guy in my school that has dada and he keeps it well..

I luv his brother more tho.. His brother makes all his dreads equal.. He dyes it black and puts ribbons on most of them.. The guy makes me wanna av dreadsembarassed... Sorry to say this but he also makes me feel gay at timeslipsrsealed dats how cute his dreadlocks were.. So dada is good if u keep it clean.. I guess its those dirty ones that carry evil spirits in themgrin

PS:the guy is a cherubim and seraphim membergrin
lol...on a serious note y do cherubim and seraphim members give birth to such children? Do they perform some kinda ritual before the child is born? Is it an abnormality?
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by Mickey7(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
plaetton: Any re-tar.d that thinks a baby is evil for any reasons whatsoever is a very dangerous re-tard, and probably does not deserve to live among civilzed society.
An asylum should be his permanent home.
Religion is breeding far too many mental retards in Nigeria.
I get ur point but what's d link btwn cherubim and seraphim nd 'dadas'
Re: Babies Born With Dreads Evil? by IamSylva(m): 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2013
Mickey7: lol...on a serious note y do cherubim and seraphim members give birth to such children? Do they perform some kinda ritual before the child is born? Is it an abnormality?
hw am i supposed to knw *shrugs*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today Is Family Weekend In Rccg&what Is Missing In Our Family Today? / The Gospel According To Joagbaje / Lean On Me: Kapital FM Abuja (True Life Story of Joseph Terry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.