Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian (6228 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / My View About Jim Iyke's Deliverance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by femo2000(m): 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2008
WHATS YOUR VIEW ABOUT PORK (MEAT FROM PIG) AS A CHRISTIAN

Fellow Nairalanders, has the bible anything thing against the consumption of pork as new testament christians.
For me , I dont think there is anything wrong in consunimg it.

think of it Britons,Americans,Chinese e.t.c consume it and some of them are chritians, born again, HolyGhost filled and tongue speaking.

What is the problem in Nigeria?

Please post your honest views with scriptural backing where possible
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by lucabrasi(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2008
i dont know why but i absolutely detest them,i cant stand the smell and certainly wont eat them as well,was served food in a friends house way back in nigeria and they didnt tell me it was pig untill i took a bite n it tasted funny so i asked and when told i just spit it out and got sick,i dont do other by products of pig as well includn bacon e.t.c
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tpia: 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ topic:

whats with all the don't eat this don't eat that threads?

Another religion don show face?

If you're starving, or if someone holds a gun to your head and says eat or die, wont you eat?

Such things should be personal preferences, in my opinion. But maybe thats wishful thinking.

Some dont eat beef, others dont eat pork, some cant eat certain types of fish, etc etc. Mostly connected to religion anyway.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by dreeldee: 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2008
I stand to be corrected, It's only the Islamic religion that is against the consumption of Pork meat.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by morpheus24: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2008
dreeldee:

I stand to be corrected, It's only the Islamic religion that is against the consumption of Pork meat.

Nope so are Jews and black israelites and kabbalaists.

Mid eastern culture_ a pig is seen as a dirty animal so comes the association with not eating it. The meat is not all that tasty anyways and you have to cook it well otherwise you leave bacteria and all kinds of other living organiasms on it.

Western and asian cultures the pig has always been a delicacy so you have your answer. Thats why they eat it.

Biologically speaking the pig is not a very good meat in terms of it being hygenic which is why your fellow carnivore the lion would dine on a gazzelle before he would attack a wild bore. He has been programmed to do that and knows which meat is Tastier but if he didn't have a choice he would obvious eat the pig.

I say go with lions dinning choice.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by TOH(f): 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2008
I dont eat pork.

Pigs are disgusting. Dont even know what people like in their meat sef

It's what's killing off BAs in the South.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by debosky(m): 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2008
what is disgusting about pigs? they are reared animals just like cows. . I eat pork whenever its served, won't go out of my way for it though.

how is it killing BA's? Cholesterol?
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by CH3COO(m): 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2008
I don't eat pork either.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tpia: 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2008
if you don't eat pork for religious or personal reasons, make sure you buy kosher or beef only hotdogs.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tope2000(f): 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2008
i'm a christian and i eat sausage and sausage roll so  undecided
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by TOH(f): 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2008
Only chicken and turkey for me tpia grin
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tpia: 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2008
TOH:

Only chicken and turkey for me tpia grin

gosh, chicken isnt always easy on the body oh. Especially the fried one.

and I wish those smaller size turkey wings sold in Lagos, could be found overseas.  Tastes better too, I think.

but beef hot dogs are very good. Even without the bun.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by huxley(m): 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2008
I hasten to add, that if you avoid pork for religious reasons, then to be consistent, you have to also ensure that you only consume animals that are slaughtered properly (ie, not stunned as in most slaughter-houses ).

You also have to avoid fishes without scales and fins (like crayfish, crab, lobster etc), goose, ducks, etc
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tpia: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2008
very true.

You're also supposed to avoid having meat and milk at the same time. They shouldnt even be put together in the same room, I think.

Kosher dietary restrictions are quite strict on these matters.

Halal laws are also similar to the Jewish ones.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by debosky(m): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2008
i.e no burgers and milkshakes? shocked shocked

NEVER!!! tongue
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tpia: 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2008
no cheeseburgers sef. cool
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2008
infact just drink water. That way you wont be breaking any laws.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Yisraylite(m): 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2008
I thought you christians are free from this very very bad LAW of YAHAWAH that everyone hates so much, so you shouldn't worry about eating all the pigs you want grin

Salaam
Yisraylite
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by TOH(f): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2008
Not a fan of hotdogs and bologna, all remnants of various parts from any animal. kangaroo meat sef
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by lucabrasi(m): 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2008
read somewhere that if you squeeze lemon on raw pig meat maggots will craw out to show how dirty it is or something,never tried it out tho so not sure
i eat beef/chicken but grill it cause i hate any sort of fatty deposits trying to give up beef though cant stand sausage as well wont eat it at gun point
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by ifyalways(f): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2008
lucabrasi:

read somewhere that if you squeeze lemon on raw pig meat maggots will craw out to show how dirty it is or something,never tried it out tho so not sure

Tried that ,nothing.
@Topic,from the Bible viewpoint,nothing whatsoever created by God is unclean or unfit for consumption.Eating a pig or a vulture wont make you less humane or turn you to a sinner or unholy.anyway,i wont go out of my way to look for a pork but if i come across it,i wud gladly eat.lol the Urhobos do prepare it nicely.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by lucabrasi(m): 11:56pm On Jul 08, 2008
ifyalways:

Tried that ,nothing.

oh well,
@topic
heard these people who hawk roasted or fried whole chicken on the naija expressway sometimes use vultures,mostly for people who use the luxurious buses smiley
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tpia: 2:19am On Jul 09, 2008
you see?

How do you even know what you're eating most of the time.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by TOH(f): 2:22am On Jul 09, 2008
why would ANYONE buy food from the street? Gross.

I rather starve to death

Even the Halal street vendors in NYC whose food smell SO bloody good, I've never tried it. Ever.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by CH3COO(m): 2:30am On Jul 09, 2008
Nigerians buy food off the street all the time; it is our trademark. Don't be silly.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by live4Him: 2:36am On Jul 09, 2008
i dont see anything wrong in pork as long as its well prepared. even as a christian, the bible says do not call that which God created or provided as unclean. some of us should count ourselves as fortunate, there;re some regions in the world that do not any other means of protein save for the pigs.

if your religion frowns at it, then stay true to it.

its a psychological thing for some.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by TayoD1(m): 2:53am On Jul 09, 2008
@topic,

I personally enjoy pork. Infact, it is the sweetest meat when you are looking to grille. I do barbecue at least once a week and I do pork meat at least twice a month. I still have the left-over pork spare ribs I made last weekend in my fridge. It just gets sweeter and sweeter by the day.

On the religious perspective, all animal meat is holy as long as it is received with thanksgiving. People lose sight of what the Old Testament really teaches. The objective is not the meat but holiness and separation unto God. Jesus said specifically in the NT that nothing that a man eats can make him unclean. So I do not understand how some Christians declare pigs unworthy to touch their taste buds because of religion.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Ndipe(m): 3:24am On Jul 09, 2008
I love pork, perhaps my all time favorite meat.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by TOH(f): 4:08am On Jul 09, 2008
CH3COO:

Nigerians buy food off the street all the time; it is our trademark. Don't be silly.

Not in my household. We value our lives. Thank You.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by ikamefa(f): 4:21am On Jul 09, 2008
am indifferent jare tongue though i eat it cheesy

if its cooked well ( especially with Haitian black rice ) grin i will surely eat

but i would not go out of my way to look for it
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by femo2000(m): 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2008
Pigs are some of the cleanest animals on earth.

The Issue is that pigs dont have sweat glands so in other to regulate body temperature,
they wallow in mud & sand (thats in the wild or free range) and root out things with their snout.
But in the real sense under intensive farming pigs are neat, they have a seperate place in the pen to excrete.

Do you know that when pigs are trained, they are smarter than Dogs (This is Proven)

They can also recognise upto 30 other pigs in the family.

It has also been proven scientifically that pork is more nutritious than beef and chicken

And for the lime and maggot thing, it is not true

Poultry and Piggery are most higly controlled animal husbandry system in terms of health Status in the world e.t.c
It may be true for pigs and other animals caught in the wild and not those reared for consumption.

Nairalanders PORK IS SWEET smiley cool
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tpia: 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2008
I think most religious avoidance of pork is based on a metaphysical (ie spiritual) reason, not necessarily the physical aspect.

So to such, the pig surroundings wouldnt matter- I'm not sure but is eating pork supposed to send you to hell or what?

I heard this story about a girl who accidentally almost ate pork when she dined at her friend's place. She ended the friendship because of it. undecided

The way some people feel about pork, is the same way religious Hindus feel about beef. taboo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Pictures Some Catholic Members Can Relate To / Top 20 Nigerian Gospel Musicians You’ve Got To Know / How To Kill A Witch/wizard In Your Family & Environment ( Photos & Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.