Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,143 members, 7,953,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:02 PM

Ode To A Role Model---macaulay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ode To A Role Model---macaulay (485 Views)

Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) / Tinubu Is My Role Model –kashamu / Things You Never Knew About Herbert Macaulay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ode To A Role Model---macaulay by comrodioodio: 4:52am On Oct 26, 2013
Ode to a role model---Macaulay

By Stepp Offi.

It is often said that the measure of a good life is in the amount of goodness that one extends to other people... the level of selflessness that one exhibits to others. The number of people into whose faces one puts a smile. Yes, this is in line with the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Founder of Christian faith who said “Blessed are with merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peace-makers, for they shall be called sons of God.”

Over these years, especially for the past 30 years, you have demonstrated these virtues expounded by not only Christianity but most of the world major religions.

One can gleam these manifestations from Benin City, Capital of the old Bendel State then. As a Staff of Bendel Broadcasting Service, Benin where you got enlisted in 1983, your dedication to your duties and your cordial relationship with colleagues earned you the nick name of EASY MACAU: Yes you were easy going, taking up challenges whenever they sprang up.

Your labour activism clearly showed your determination to be on the side of the masses-ever fighting for the improvement of their lot.

And up till now, you’ve not forgotten your friends in that ancient City of Benin. Ever so frequently you attend ceremonies in Benin to strengthen the bond of friendship that you established there.

Back home in 1991, when Delta State was created, you continued in the same spirit of showing great concern towards the welfare of the workers.

You were the pioneer chairman of the State NUJ and set the standards for ethical and modern developmental journalism practice in Delta State.

Your success as chairman of the NUJ made you to emerge as pioneer State Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress, a position you held for two tenures. Certainly, you made history by ensuring that the common wealth fund was secured in the transition period from military to civilian administration at that time.  

Your honesty, loyalty and dedication to service played out clearly to the amazement of all when you were made Commissioner for Ethnic Relations and Inter-Conflict Resolution. Your record in creating peace was set at this time when you successfully mediated peace amongst the warring ethnic groups in  Warri. Till today that records is unbreakable.

Certainly, he who takes care of little things is bound to be assigned greater responsibilities.

Being loyal and dedicated, you were given greater responsibilities. You became chief of staff, Government House and later Commissioner for Power and Energy. In this ministry your strides were great and they are there for everyone to see till today. Most communities in the State were supplied with transformers. And what is more, the Capital City of Asaba, the industrial and commercial City of Warri, Sapele, Ughelli, and other towns got street lights. This drove bad men who operate in darkness of night into their cocoon and night life returned to these towns. You also initiated the Delta State Independent Power Project (IPP) which is almost becoming a reality today.

Today you are Secretary to the State Government, SSG, a position you’ve held since June 2011.

I must say that you have affected many lives in course of the past 33 years. I would not be writing this piece had you not invited me to serve out of your magnanimity and recognition of professionalism.

Your compassion, love and kindness overwhelmed me when I lost my wife. Till tomorrow you are like what I call “A god from the machine” who saves one from a precarious situation.

I am not the only one who testifies to your goodness. Chief Fred Majemite, Senior Special Adviser to the Governor on Delta Central, has described you as “an honest, compassionate, kind and a thorough politician” He said you play politics of inclusiveness.

Equally, Chief Philip Adheke, who recently returned to the PDP after playing a role of Opposition for a while Stated openly, “We are here because of Macaulay. If he had not promised us that he would take us to the Promised Land, we wouldn’t be here. We are happy to have a leader (Macaulay) who is on ground and responsible.”

Your passion for the less privileged informed your establishment of Elona Development Foundation. Under the Foundation you’ ve awarded scholarship to several indigents persons to enable them get educated.

You ve giving sight and health to a number of persons under this foundation... the recent one been a N2.3m donation to Mr. Martins Ifode to secure eye treatment abroad. This passion and love has also manifested in your contributions towards the growth of the church of God through various assistance.

My boss, you may not be a saint to all persons. But you are a caring leader to a majority of people who have come in contact with you over these years.

You’ II reflect on your successes and challenges in the political turf and since you are driven by challenges, strengthen your faith in your Creator who’ II give you good health and wisdom, propelling you to higher grounds.

At time like this, they cling classes and say Happy birthday. Happy birthday my oga.

(1) (Reply)

2015:power Shift To North Not Negotiable—northern Leaders / G7 Govs,others Chased Out Of Npdp Meeting / US Senator Ted Cruz Apologizes For Offensive Remark About Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.