Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Defend Your Programming Language - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Defend Your Programming Language (16368 Views)

Larisoft Clean Desktop: (re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills) / Operation Prove Your Programming Skills / Where To Go If You Need Programmers Or Advertise Your Programming Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defend Your Programming Language by Fayimora(m): 1:30am On Jul 03, 2011
money money money, hmmm sad sad sad
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by megaplaza(m): 9:50am On Jul 03, 2011
why is that all we do here is argue and argue and argue, no programming language is better than the other in my own opinion, just like natural languages like english, french, spanish, e.t.c, it depends on the user, some people might find english easy, others french. Some languages might be suitable for certain task while you have to work around to use it for some tasks. That said, am a Java guy and php guy abouut to learn python. I support open source languages.
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by Fayimora(m): 11:19am On Jul 03, 2011
megaplaza:

why is that all we do here is argue and argue and argue, no programming language is better than the other

I got tired of wondering. Everybody is now a genius so its time to show off, lolz funny forum
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by Olayemisamuel(m): 4:08am On Jul 10, 2011
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by Fayimora(m): 4:10am On Jul 10, 2011
Errrm with your certifications,you probably wanna state what you wanna learn or whatever, also create a new thread cheesy
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by GoodMuyis(m): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
Am supposing that @rancetech want every participant to this tread to Say sweet word about your Programming tools so you can persuade newbies to Join your Network, but argument as spoil the whole show

Please tell the Features of ur PL that beat other down the ass with with degree of of acceptance.

My own is Q-BASIC embarassed embarassed embarassed Don't laugh

As u can see it easy to learn
Difficult to Do Wonder programming grin grin grin
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by Ghenghis(m): 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2011
GoodMuyis:

My own is Q-BASIC embarassed embarassed embarassed Don't laugh

As u can see it easy to learn
Difficult to Do Wonder programming grin grin grin
I also started with Q-BASIC, and it can be quite powerful (especially if you use Quick BASIC instead), however you have to move on with the times. Q-Basivc programs are basically running in real mode DOS.

you're better of using a modern compiler (I used Liberty Basic years ago) for basic, or better still use a .NET language or Java.
You'll get the best tools for free and the communities are matured and well established.

Java is my language of choice cause its consistently simple, powerful and expressive. Many languages might be better in one area or the other but hardly can you find anyone that has the broad appeal.
U can make a similar argument for C# et al.
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by GoodMuyis(m): 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2011
Ghenghis:

you're better of using a modern compiler (I used Liberty Basic years ago) for basic, or better still use a .NET language or Java. You'll get the best tools for free and the communities are matured and well established.

Java is my language of choice cause its consistently simple, powerful and expressive. Many languages might be better in one area or the other but hardly can you find anyone that has the broad appeal.
U can make a similar argument for C# et al.

BTW i love Web Application Design using PHP/MySQL I like to know javascript too, though i fell i love with JAVA sometimes ago but she break my heart, and i abandon her for something else, but to be sincere she's a good programming Language esp in terms of mobility.
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by 53cur3m0d3(m): 8:12am On Jul 27, 2012
GoodMuyis:

BTW i love Web Application Design using PHP/MySQL I like to know javascript too, though i fell i love with JAVA sometimes ago but she break my heart, and i abandon her for something else, but to be sincere she's a good programming Language esp in terms of mobility.
How did java break ur heart?
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by neuralnets: 2:03am On Aug 30, 2012
*----java is so out of it. asides been interpreted, requires a lot of memory to run and owwww so slow, although very safe to implement due to exception monitoring and garbage collection. main advantage, gets you to market quicker.

*----c++, oop version of c. fast and extremely powerful, but a bug is most likely gonna bring down the entire system. games and applications that need raw power and speed are written in c or c++.

*----c (2 flavors->embedded or system) same set of commands. so a c programmer can program everything once he has the right compiler. note that most other languages require an operating system to run. embedded c lets you program chips you can buy in the market to perform any kind of function easily.

*----verilog (my favourite) parallel processing for field programmable gate arrays. used for hard and fast stuffs only. very short codes and easy to understand. but the concept of parallel programming could always leave you confused. (can affect your behaviour over time) used for stuffs like- missiles, robots, and to decode 1080p videos.

*----visual basic. for lazy people. computer does all the hard work. so slow and limited. recommended for beginners only. or very simple applications. note that the function set can be extended with sdks. but most of these sdks require you to work in c or c++. eg direcx.

stick to c if you wanna learn only 1 language.
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by pass4life(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2012
@All, i will like to commend you guys for expressing your own view about your PL.

I agree with @Unicorn where he said that we should not argue but use this as a platform to share our knowledge on PL of our chioce. So that young programmers can join and learn from you.

As for me, i've left the programming world, but my choice was VB because it was easy for me to learn and master. And it was good for standalone systems. I tried Java, but it was too difficult for me. I also tried PHP with MySQL, these are good PLs. But i end up being certified as an OCP -- Oracle Certified Professional.

Right now i'm into social works and i'm planning to bring my knowledge on IT and integrate it with social works to make an impact that improve human life.

So guys keep up with your PLs and remember that NO PL is better than the other.
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by lordZOUGA(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2012
neuralnets: *----java is so out of it. asides been interpreted, requires a lot of memory to run and owwww so slow, although very safe to implement due to exception monitoring and garbage collection. main advantage, gets you to market quicker.

*----c++, oop version of c. fast and extremely powerful, but a bug is most likely gonna bring down the entire system. games and applications that need raw power and speed are written in c or c++.

*----c (2 flavors->embedded or system) same set of commands. so a c programmer can program everything once he has the right compiler. note that most other languages require an operating system to run. embedded c lets you program chips you can buy in the market to perform any kind of function easily.

*----verilog (my favourite) parallel processing for field programmable gate arrays. used for hard and fast stuffs only. very short codes and easy to understand. but the concept of parallel programming could always leave you confused. (can affect your behaviour over time) used for stuffs like- missiles, robots, and to decode 1080p videos.

*----visual basic. for lazy people. computer does all the hard work. so slow and limited. recommended for beginners only. or very simple applications. note that the function set can be extended with sdks. but most of these sdks require you to work in c or c++. eg direcx.

stick to c if you wanna learn only 1 language.
well said (bolded part) or C++
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
am with neuralnet on java, that guy is too memory hungry, kilode, iwo nikan lo wa nilu ni? grin
my netbean on windows is on 380kilobyte while his companion, bros j, is doing a 609 megabyte.
Re: Defend Your Programming Language by promisedeco(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
alexis:
As programmers, I think you should know a bit about everything.

Personally, I love python; it's a sweet language, straightforward, you can produce with it is one of the best when prototyping.
I have also tried erlang mainly because of concurrent programming, it looks good.
For me, I look at java as a platform than a programming language - there are new languages that rides on top of the JVM, these languages allows you to express yourself in ways java will not i.e. scala.
I still fancy my C and plain old PHP, I love you guys
Then there is ruby

These are just my views anyways but go to russia and ask some coder there and he will tell you that "assembly language is the best", lol.
sir, how did you manage to learn all those languages.. plss put me through I want to be very good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Learn How To Build A Desktop Software Using PYTHON – Tutorial On Nairaland / Funny Source Code Comments / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.