Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? (3266 Views)

Atheists, What Will It Feel Like If Heaven And Hell Actually Exists? / If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? / Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

sorry I disagree with you.

We are here to spread our religion. Not just talk about "saving African religion" and doing nothing about it.

I was the one who first actively revived Paganism on Nairaland. Without my preaching, the slandering of African religions here wouldve continued for long, and you fellows would not have come into the open and openly declare Paganism.

ORiginally our religions never needed preaching or conversion.

However with the advent of abrahamism and its artificial interference into our eco-system has created an artificical need for us to fight back.

which God/Gods are you preaching now? And which religion are you talking about? Am spiritual and not religious bro.

Every individual is the god of self according to yoruba proverb. I wasn't taught to preach. Im here to light the candle....decision belong to those seeing through the light.

If you want to fight them back.....lets make way of hosting programme on tv station and radio. Reaching people and educating them. Hosting public debate with other faith. I dont think going around town and telling people to believe in Sango or Ogun is the best thing. There are many ways to kill a fish without hook or net bro.

This preaching of religion is just chasing of wind. My view though
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
obadiah777: you dont need to die to go to heaven. heaven is right here on earth. we are currently in the white mans heaven. yeah it looks kinda messy and disorganized and polluted but thats how the man chooses to run his heaven. we are all behind enemy lines. we are in the heaven of the roman empire. the last thousand years, heaven has been a succession of man controlled heaven on earth hence the imperfection of heaven when controlled by man. the next heaven coming up ? will be the the real heaven. only the righteous need to apply for citizenship wink

lol....I get the tip of heaven on earth.

Where did Jesus flied to during resurrection? London huh?

How about the heaven of golds floor and white angels....on this earth too?

Stop smoking abeg. Lol
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

which God/Gods are you preaching now? And which religion are you talking about? Am spiritual and not religious bro.

Exactly my point. You yourself said you are not Pagan.

You have nothing to do with me in terms of religion.

so what you believe in does not apply to us Pagans.

As for what im preaching about, Im preaching for the way of the Gods and for Traditional Religions in general and for pan-tribal unity.

I think its best for you atheists to stick to your ways and let us do ours.

Every individual is the god of self according to yoruba proverb. I wasn't taught to preach. Im here to light the candle....decision belong to those seeing through the light.

You can continue to light your candle while your christian and muslim brothers slowly eat into the fabric of your Beliefs.

I believe in tribal duty. and this duty involve the tribal religion and its protection and defence.

If you want to fight them back.....lets make way of hosting programme on tv station and radio. Reaching people and educating them. Hosting public debate with other faith. I dont think going around town and telling people to believe in Sango or Ogun is the best thing. There are many ways to kill a fish without hook or net bro.

All these are long-term things. If you can do it, thats great.

Even I can suggest climbing mount Everest. But who will take the first step?

For now, Im being realistic and doing what I best can.

This preaching of religion is just chasing of wind. My view though

When your descendants will read about your religion in history books, then you will eat your words.
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol....I get the tip of heaven on earth.

Where did Jesus flied to during resurrection? London huh?

How about the heaven of golds floor and white angels....on this earth too?

Stop smoking abeg. Lol
there are three heavens. one is on earth, one is in you and one is in the skies somewhere which is the abode of the lord. he went to the third heaven wink
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
obadiah777: there are three heavens. one is on earth, one is in you and one is in the skies somewhere which is the abode of the lord. he went to the third heaven wink

scripture pls. Need to gas in something tonight.

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by ATMC(f): 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
obadiah777: there are three heavens. one is on earth, one is in you and one is in the skies somewhere which is the abode of the lord. he went to the third heaven wink
the heaven in the sky is the abode of God holy moses!!! obadiah777!!!!!!!! na im be say all these astronomers go reach him throne one of these days with them rocket na

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Exactly my point. You yourself said you are not Pagan.

You have nothing to do with me in terms of religion.

so what you believe in does not apply to us Pagans.

As for what im preaching about, Im preaching for the way of the Gods and for Traditional Religions in general and for pan-tribal unity.

I think its best for you atheists to stick to your ways and let us do ours.

You can continue to light your candle while your christian and muslim brothers slowly eat into the fabric of your Beliefs.

I believe in tribal duty. and this duty involve the tribal religion and its protection and defence.

All these are long-term things. If you can do it, thats great.

Even I can suggest climbing mount Everest. But who will take the first step?

For now, Im being realistic and doing what I best can.

When your descendants will read about your religion in history books, then you will eat your words.

You never answer any of my question. Ifa is only thing I know in African spirituality and it not a religion. I wonder if you want to create a religion, form of worship and devotion out of it.

Orisa didn't ask you to preach about him. It has stayed from a long time among other spirituality and it will surely stay. Infecting it with dogmatism is wrong.

And how can I call myself a pagan when am not practising it by myself? Do you read a book or study about science without been specially trained in field or certified then go out to claim you scientist? Am studying about Ifa from priest and not you. They agreed to give full detail only if am initiated...so you want me to give myself a name when am not practising it yet. Smh.

Paganism is not your property. Im an atheist who embrace my culture and ancestral spirituality. I have my take on my journey in life and it not for you to give me order on where I should belong.

If you want to start a religion out of your ethnical spirituality, so be it. No orisa ask me to preach around town. According to Ifa, change of ori manifest through iwa-pele (meekness approach). The dove is love and attract many people not because it preach or beg for it. It because it clean and have mild character.

Name the gods of your new religion and their system of worship. Dont bring it into Ifa cuz Orunmila didn't ask you to. Cheers bro
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by ATMC(f): 8:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
the heaven in the sky is the abode of God holy moses!!! obadiah777!!!!!!!! na im be say all these astronomers go reach him throne one of these days with them rocket na...
guy u 're wrong.
there are three heavens...genesis 1. one was the saying in the begining God created HEAVEN and earth, then the second one, God separated the waters above from the waters below and the waters above he called the firmament or HEAVEN...finally...there is a third HEAVEN which is where paul went to which is within me

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

scripture pls. Need to gas in something tonight.
2 corinthians 12 vs 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven. wink wink
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
obadiah777: 2 corinthians 12 vs 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven. wink wink

and in case KJV is too conc for you here is another version I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows. ESV VERSION
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
Kaylize76:

If this is true then what Paul said makes a lot of sense now.
yup. lol. paul aint never lied >>>> I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows.
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
ATMC: the heaven in the sky is the abode of God holy moses!!! obadiah777!!!!!!!! na im be say all these astronomers go reach him throne one of these days with them rocket na
dem no fit try am na lol. for where ? dem no born dem well grin grin
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
ATMC: the heaven in the sky is the abode of God holy moses!!! obadiah777!!!!!!!! na im be say all these astronomers go reach him throne one of these days with them rocket na...
guy u 're wrong.
there are three heavens...genesis 1. one was the saying in the begining God created HEAVEN and earth, then the second one, God separated the waters above from the waters below and the waters above he called the firmament or HEAVEN...finally...there is a third HEAVEN which is where paul went to which is within me
that HEAVEN that was created in the beginning was the heaven in man. the heaven in genesis 1 is men. the spirit of men. thats the heaven within. it is also the same heaven that was seperated from the waters ( people ) below them who would be the earth ( heathens ) wink
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
obadiah777: 2 corinthians 12 vs 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven. wink wink

And where is your claim that we are in white heaven?

Do you note 'up' in your bible quote? So up is earth huh?

Erm....why cant you go to this heaven? Suicide things like Jesus and Samson
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

no such thing as white person in the bible. they are the roman empire aka the fourth beast. >>> daniel 7 vs 7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. wink wink
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Kaylize76:

Any other verse backing this eh?
sure. the first heaven ? genesis 1 vs 1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by ATMC(f): 4:09am On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: that HEAVEN that was created in the beginning was the heaven in man. the heaven in genesis 1 is men. the spirit of men. thats the heaven within. it is also the same heaven that was seperated from the waters ( people ) below them who would be the earth ( heathens ) wink
what is this manna gini bu ife a kini did u not read firmament obadiah? firmament. ok, now if the heaven in gen 1 is spirit of men...explain 'in the begining God created heaven and earth and the earth was void'

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 01, 2013
Yoruba_Jesus:

Sneaking food reminants for you in hell
what kind of food?
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
ATMC: what is this manna gini bu ife a kini did u not read firmament obadiah? firmament. ok, now if the heaven in gen 1 is spirit of men...explain 'in the begining God created heaven and earth and the earth was void'
lol the firmament is where the laws statutes and commandments and wisdom of God is imparted on those created as heaven. thats the seat of knowledge that can only be accessed by those created as heaven. the firmament of heaven.

and the earth was void means the heathens ( those below heaven ) were empty. he hadnt furnished them with any kind of knowledge yet. just an empty spirit not loaded yet with heathen knowledge and wisdom and understanding
and why are you speaking in tongues grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: no such thing as white person in the bible. they are the roman empire aka the fourth beast. >>> daniel 7 vs 7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. wink wink

whats this? Answer my questions .
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

whats this? Answer my questions .
i already did smiley
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: i already did smiley

nope....here is the question again
FOLYKAZE:

Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

nope....here is the question again
i already answered those questions bruv
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: i already answered those questions bruv

cant find any answer directed to the questions
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You never answer any of my question. Ifa is only thing I know in African spirituality and it not a religion. I wonder if you want to create a religion, form of worship and devotion out of it.

I never answer your question? I have always answered your questions!

It is you who doesnt like my answers.

As for Ifa not being a religion, It is only YOU in the whole world who is saying that.

This is no different from Hindus saying that HInduism is not a religion.

Why is that?

Because Pagan religions are originally just the said ethnic groups way of SPirituality.

In the "modern sense" , Ifa Orisha will be classified as a Tribal Religion.

Orisa didn't ask you to preach about him. It has stayed from a long time among other spirituality and it will surely stay. Infecting it with dogmatism is wrong.

Stop trying to relate Pagan religions with your previous Abrahamic religion.

The Gods do not "ask" people to worship them. The Gods are Spiritual Forces, not humans.

It is our human ways in the natural order of things, to worship and supplicate these Higher Forces.

As we have been doing for millenia and nothing you say will change that.

And how can I call myself a pagan when am not practising it by myself? Do you read a book or study about science without been specially trained in field or certified then go out to claim you scientist? Am studying about Ifa from priest and not you. They agreed to give full detail only if am initiated...so you want me to give myself a name when am not practising it yet. Smh.

Dude stop acting naive . Humans consist of different ethnic groups like Chinese, Yoruba, Hausa, Japanese, etc.

So is being human an ethnic group?

so will you say you are not human?

In the same way, Paganism is a term used to describe all the world Ethnic , Polytheistic, Ritualistic and Idolatrous Religions. How then can you say you are not Pagan and do not practice Pagan religion?

Pagan is not a religion in itself.

So I see, you are just studying, not practicing is it?

Then thats were my point lies. Your suggestions and directions on the right way for things to be done by us Pagans, does not apply to us, since you are not one of us.

This was my main point.

Paganism is not your property. Im an atheist who embrace my culture and ancestral spirituality. I have my take on my journey in life and it not for you to give me order on where I should belong.

In the same way Ifa Orisha is not solely your property.

You call yousrelf an atheist and then you embrace Spirituality? WHat kind of oxymoron is this?

Do what you want but dont tell us Pagans and Revolutionists on the right way for our issues to be solved.

You dont see christians and muslims telling us what to do.

If you want to start a religion out of your ethnical spirituality, so be it. No orisa ask me to preach around town. According to Ifa, change of ori manifest through iwa-pele (meekness approach). The dove is love and attract many people not because it preach or beg for it. It because it clean and have mild character.

Im not starting a religion. My Gods!

Im only calling for Tribal Unity! Do you understand?!

And Orisha never even broached the topic of preaching. Orisha won't ask you.

In the days of the religion, there were no christians/muslims.

This is a new-age problem we are forced to counter!

Name the gods of your new religion and their system of worship. Dont bring it into Ifa cuz Orunmila didn't ask you to. Cheers bro

Im not starting a new religion. You are intentionally playing dumb. angry

I am follower of Maguzanci Religion.

I am just calling for PAn-Paganism. stop talking nonsense.

Im not bringing anything into Ifa. It is you who is modyfyin Ifa according to your own atheistic and mild, and Im sorry to say, "cowardly" approach.

You want to enjoy all the benifits of Ifa yet you do not want to fight for IFa.

SO be it. THe Gods help you.

The world has truly become a selfish place.
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by ATMC(f): 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: lol the firmament is where the laws statutes and commandments and wisdom of God is imparted on those created as heaven. thats the seat of knowledge that can only be accessed by those created as heaven. the firmament of heaven.

and the earth was void means the heathens ( those below heaven ) were empty. he hadnt furnished them with any kind of knowledge yet. just an empty spirit not loaded yet with heathen knowledge and wisdom and understanding
and why are you speaking in tongues grin grin grin grin
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I never answer your question? I have always answered your questions!

It is you who doesnt like my answers.

As for Ifa not being a religion, It is only YOU in the whole world who is saying that.

This is no different from Hindus saying that HInduism is not a religion.

Why is that?

Because Pagan religions are originally just the said ethnic groups way of SPirituality.

In the "modern sense" , Ifa Orisha will be classified as a Tribal Religion.

Stop trying to relate Pagan religions with your previous Abrahamic religion.

The Gods do not "ask" people to worship them. The Gods are Spiritual Forces, not humans.

It is our human ways in the natural order of things, to worship and supplicate these Higher Forces.

As we have been doing for millenia and nothing you say will change that.

Dude stop acting naive . Humans consist of different ethnic groups like Chinese, Yoruba, Hausa, Japanese, etc.

So is being human an ethnic group?

so will you say you are not human?

In the same way, Paganism is a term used to describe all the world Ethnic , Polytheistic, Ritualistic and Idolatrous Religions. How then can you say you are not Pagan and do not practice Pagan religion?

Pagan is not a religion in itself.

So I see, you are just studying, not practicing is it?

Then thats were my point lies. Your suggestions and directions on the right way for things to be done by us Pagans, does not apply to us, since you are not one of us.

This was my main point.

In the same way Ifa Orisha is not solely your property.

You call yousrelf an atheist and then you embrace Spirituality? WHat kind of oxymoron is this?

Do what you want but dont tell us Pagans and Revolutionists on the right way for our issues to be solved.

You dont see christians and muslims telling us what to do.

Im not starting a religion. My Gods!

Im only calling for Tribal Unity! Do you understand?!

And Orisha never even broached the topic of preaching. Orisha won't ask you.

In the days of the religion, there were no christians/muslims.

This is a new-age problem we are forced to counter!

Im not starting a new religion. You are intentionally playing dumb. angry

I am follower of Maguzanci Religion.

I am just calling for PAn-Paganism. stop talking nonsense.

Im not bringing anything into Ifa. It is you who is modyfyin Ifa according to your own atheistic and mild, and Im sorry to say, "cowardly" approach.

You want to enjoy all the benifits of Ifa yet you do not want to fight for IFa.

SO be it. THe Gods help you.

The world has truly become a selfish place.

I dont have problem with ya if you see your spirituality as religion. Ifa is spirituality and not religion.

So you haven't heard about spiritual atheism? Google is your friend pls.

Mr... Until you show me where Ifa mentioned preaching and converting people then we can talk.

If you want to continue on this talk, abeg switch on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1477407/ifa-ifa-practice-it-religion.

Cheers man
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:39am On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Mr... Until you show me where Ifa mentioned preaching and converting people then we can talk.

Here we go again..

If you are born into the Yoruba Ethnic group, you are automatically entitled to practice its Religion, Culture, language, etc.

It is your tribal duty to do so.

Therefore when I speak of "preaching" and "converting" Yorubas to their true religion, I merely instructing them to fulfill their tribal obligation.

If you are born Yoruba, you are already born to its customs.

As a Yoruba, is there anything wrong in you preaching your fellow people to fulfill their tribal duty and practice the religion of your tribe?

No.

Unlike abrahamists who impose their religion on other peoples and preach and convert people of a different being, we are just calling for people to return to their own religion.

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Here we go again..

If you are born into the Yoruba Ethnic group, you are automatically entitled to practice its Religion, Culture, language, etc.

It is your tribal duty to do so.

Therefore when I speak of "preaching" and "converting" Yorubas to their true religion, I merely instructing them to fulfill their tribal obligation.

If you are born Yoruba, you are already born to its customs.

As a Yoruba, is there anything wrong in you preaching your fellow people to fulfill their tribal duty and practice the religion of your tribe?

No.

Unlike abrahamists who impose their religion on other peoples and preach and convert people of a different being, we are just calling for people to return to their own religion.

The only thing I appreciate in your post is your calmness......the rest is clean garbage going in circle.

There are many ways of doing things. It necessary it like them. I am a Yoruba and love my tribal spirituality. It wrong going town to two with Ikin in my right hand and Opele in the left preaching about Ifa.

That is how I see the term 'preach'.....I dont subscribe to forcing things down people's throat.

Cheers man
Re: If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I am a Yoruba and love my tribal spirituality.

That is how I see the term 'preach'.....I dont subscribe to forcing things down people's throat.

Cheers man

Yes you claim you love it but you won't do anything to save it.

Is that right?

You just seek your own personal benefit.

You won't do anything to give back to your tribe and its ways.

So am I taking a machete and forcing it down people's throat?

Or am I preaching?

using words and argument?

Cmon there is a limit to exaggeration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hell Fire Is Real! Repent Before It Is Too Late / There Was Electrical Sparks When My Body Touches My Bedsheet / 11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.