Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,597 members, 7,958,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:51 AM

Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites (893 Views)

Do So Called Christians Still Prophesy? / "Why The So-called Christians Are Not Different From Pagan Greeks" / Many So Called Christians Speak In False Tongues. Fake Holy Ghost Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by Aabheaven(m): 7:40am On Oct 27, 2013
Please i am not by any means destroying the Christian faith because am a Christian but i found out the so called Christian (Church goers per say) pretend to be holy at church but after service,they become another person in the secular world.I am not castigating anyone neither am I forming an holier than thou attitude.though attain a complete state of holiness is not easy but at least if we say we love God and do not obey his standards then we love God by lips.A Christian is a person that lives to the standards set by CHRIST JESUS.nothing more,nothing less.I know the world is in terrible state(untoward generation),but we should not be given to the tricks of the devil.God will help us all and lets live Christianity and don't just say it.Shallom!
Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2013
grin grin

It is a result of confirmation bias and arrogance.

Some believe that God is on their shoulders and so, everything they do is divine
Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by PastorOluT(m): 8:07am On Oct 27, 2013
Nothing is out place, its exactly as the bible predicted;

Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that endure to the end shall be saved. Not all professing Christian are Christian, it takes a relationship with Christ to be one!
Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by djeezy(m): 8:12am On Oct 27, 2013
All religions have hypocrites. It's just in human nature that we seldom don't practice what we preach.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by ifeegee(f): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Going to church does not make you a Christian. Having a relationship with our lord and saviour does.
Without a genuine personal encounter with Christ and the bible your watch word.Then, anything can be obtained even with regular Sunday
attendance.
Genuine repentance is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by fulanigirl(f): 9:44am On Oct 27, 2013
It's not just Christian trust me. In every religion you get people like that. I'm a Muslim but I honestly feel we have more of that.
Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by Nosu(m): 9:48am On Oct 27, 2013
There is a big difference btw christians and church goers. It believe ur question was directed to a church Goers and not christian
By their fruit u shall know them
Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by Nosu(m): 9:49am On Oct 27, 2013
There is a big difference btw christians and church goers. I believe ur question was directed to a church Goers and not christian
By their fruit u shall know them
Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by SalC: 9:50am On Oct 27, 2013
Op it is not just a christian or religious thing, we have hypocrites in every facet of life. People are not always what they want others to believe they are, that why Christ should be our ultimate role model. May God help us.
Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 27, 2013
Sal C: Op it is not just a christian or religious thing, we have hypocrites in every facet of life. People are not always what they want others to believe they are, that why Christ should be our ultimate role model. May God help us.

Yawn.....that is ony half true......there are hypocrites in every walk of life.....however, what you forgot to add is that religion can increase the level of hypocrisy....

eg.....a gay pastor bashing gay people with the bible
.........a tithe pastor claiming that "no food for lazy man"
Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by tpia5: 2:48am On Dec 23, 2013
ifee-gee:
Going to church does not make you a Christian. Having a relationship with our lord and saviour does.
Without a genuine personal encounter with Christ and the bible your watch word.Then, anything can be obtained even with regular Sunday
attendance.
Genuine repentance is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

true.
Re: Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites by tpia5: 2:48am On Dec 23, 2013
Sal C: Op it is not just a christian or religious thing, we have hypocrites in every facet of life. People are not always what they want others to believe they are, that why Christ should be our ultimate role model. May God help us.

true.

spamming the forum with pseudo-religious content also does not make anyone a christian.

(1) (Reply)

How God Cures HIV/AIDS. / Was Christ In Support Of Jihad? / The Sermon On The Mount(revised Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.