Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Corruption In Nigeria Is Here To Stay! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption In Nigeria Is Here To Stay! (538 Views)

Safest Cities/states To Stay In Nigeria During The Coming Elections. / I'm In APC To Stay - Atiku / Fleeing Boko Haram Members Do Menial Jobs To Stay Under Cover – Omeri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corruption In Nigeria Is Here To Stay! by Joey82(m): 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
I dont mean to be pessimistic but going by the trend of events, I doubt if there's any hope of ending this menace.
ribadu prosecutes thieving politicians - we said obj was after his enemies.
el rufai tries to return abuja back to its master plan - we said same things as in ribadu's case.
alamesigha jumps bail to land in Bayelsa - we celebrate his triumph over enemies. (meanwhile he's granted state pardon)
sanusi engineers the arrest and prosecution of corrupt bank ceos - we accuse him of a northern agenda.
bankole steals over 10 billion - we say its a ploy by the older generation of politicians to oust the new.
ibori is incacerated in the uk over a crime he was declared innocent of in Nigeria - we celebrate his birthday even in his absence.
subsidy is removed to stop thieving marketers from stealing us dry - we protest on their behalf.
dariye is accused of stealing 10b, he said he contributed said monies to pdp campaign - case closed (mean while he's now a senator of the federal republic)
oduah is accused of misappropriation - youths protest
and so many more cases i can even write a whole book.
thing is once any corrupt individual is from our side of the divide, we only see their innocence, we say the others are doing worst, they should prosecuted first, but its got to start from somebody.
the elite understands our mentality, together they unite to keep us in the dark and we gladly accept.
they send their kids to ivy league schools so they (the kids) come back to lead us - we gladly accept.
if we must fight corruption, this nepotism got to end.
problem is it wont. cry
Re: Corruption In Nigeria Is Here To Stay! by kennyamusan(m): 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
God help Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Aviation Corruption: Airlines Stop Payment Of Charges / The Number Of People That Travel By Road Or Air / Fresh Outrage At Alleged Chime’sdetention Of Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.