Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here (10395 Views)

ACCA December Diet / ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by cooldudeng(m): 7:20am On Jul 09, 2008
I intend taking the ACCA exams, I'm a science major with no accounting background but found myself in the banking sector. I'm currently enjoying what I do and I'll like to improve on myself, so am starting this thread for all those that will be taking the ACCA December diet, Preferably the foundation. Let's meet here and share both materials and knowledge
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by cooldudeng(m): 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2008
still no reply
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by solomonwis(m): 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2008
Welcome to our fold.

I'm an ICAN AAT and I started ACCA in December 2005,though I do skip some of the examination sessions over matters that bother on finance but I'm fortunate to write the last session(June 2008) and I'm awaiting the result by August 18,2008(I'm writing my final part 2,paper F7).

I should be like to spurn you on.You are on the right track,though I don't have a job at the moment,I'm rest assured(not by anybody) that I'd definitely get one soonest.

Do read,as there's no corner cutting writing an ACCA exam.You must also learn to visualize what you read as ACCA is more of reality,practicals.

Just get any of the approved study packs or all of them(if you can afford them),study them,practise past questions,questions kits and above all,commit everything into God's hand.

It is well with you.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by cooldudeng(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2008
Thanks alot for your reply. I have been to ACCA office here in lagos but i was  told  that i have to make my payment through other means cos they dont accept cash. I have seen couple of places were i can make payment but i need to be sure if they can be trusted. So tell me, how do you make your payment. My email is fanozie@yahoo.com.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by samexangel(m): 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2008
Any body in need of private tutorial for F2 and F3 could contact 07039481645
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by 2marto: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2008
for private tutoria from the experts, both ICAN, CIS, ACCA, contact 07034383697
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by cooldudeng(m): 7:34am On Jul 16, 2008
Where can i get books for the december diet. I'll be needing photocopy cos am not a man of means. Can anybody help
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by victor4u(m): 9:46am On Jul 16, 2008
cooldudeng:

Where can i get books for the december diet. I'll be needing photocopy because am not a man of means. Can anybody help

call me 08054523301
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by teetee2(f): 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2008
I wish to sit for December diet but av not registered now, though av registred online and about sending my supporting document to england. Can i still sit for December diet
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by cooldudeng(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2008
@ Teetee2 sure it's not late. Registration closes 15th of august but it's best sending it two weeks to closure date and that will be ending of this month. Teetee 2 try contacting me on this email fanozie@yahoo.com or simply drop yours because am sure we'll have so much to share, Afterall we're both fresher to ACCA

Cheers!!!
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by teetee2(f): 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2008
cooldugg

Thx for ur kindly advice, do u have anything to offer me as per ACCA exam.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by zainab001: 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2008
cooldude, i think we hv a lot in c'mmon.I m a science major too working in a bank and i recently decided to delve into accounting.where's the best tutor centre for ACCA lectures .
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by cooldudeng(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2008
teetee2:

cooldugg

Thx for your kindly advice, do u have anything to offer me as per ACCA exam.

@teetee 2 I just wanted to use this opportunity to look for people with shared interest. Am sure we have lots in common. Presently I'll be writing the first three exams and i can't actually afford to buy all the books. Since we're all going to read the book once and that will be it. So i was thinking if we could share materials. So what do you think.

zainab001:

cooldude, i think we hv a lot in c'mmon.I m a science major too working in a bank and i recently decided to delve into accounting.where's the best tutor centre for ACCA lectures .

@zainab001 Nice one Sis, here is there office here in Nigeria. ACCA's representative office is in Lagos. 4th floor, Africa Re Building, plot 1679 Karimu Kotun, VI, Lagos. From the information i gathered they say Synergy is the best and i think they charge like 10k per paper. I'll send you the address later
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by zainab001: 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2008
Thnx. waiting for d address.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by montelik(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2008
cooldude,teetee2 and zainab001.welcome by God's grace u will all succeed.if u are looking for tuition centers there quite a few e.g PYE, CBA, SWOT, First solution, WYSE, Synergy. to name a few.but i can only recommend the two i have been to (1)CBA they have 2 centers No 5 ojolowo str,off salvation road,opebi,IKEJA as well No 109 western avenue, iponri, surulere,3rd floor NIIT buliding.and d center i currently use (2)synergy located at No 2 Afric road, behind leadway assurances building, off western avenue, iponri-surulere. also from my personal experience i think u should consider taking your first papers as computer based rather than writing in december. particularly if u dont have an accounting background.the paper based exams has certain way of tripping u up with things like presentation of answers, particular formats required and most crucially time pressure.coming from a non-accounting background u may find that u liable to mess up in 2 of these categories or d 3hrs to complete d paper will never be enuff.bessides u can also write F1, F2 & F3 as computer based anytime between now and 30 January 09 and still eligible to write exams in june 09, not to mention there is no restriction as how often u can write it in year.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by cooldudeng(m): 7:27am On Jul 21, 2008
@ Montelik Thanks man, a Friend advised me to take the CBE but i was still looking into it. So tell me, is the registration for the CBE different from the regular paper exam.

@zainab001 Here is the address for Synergy, No 2 Afric road, behind leadway assurances building, off western avenue, iponri-surulere. If you want to write the exam for this year. I'll say you register before the end of this month.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by teetee2(f): 11:15am On Jul 21, 2008
montenlik

Grateful for your concern
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by montelik(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2008
registration for CBE is quite easy.since there are no formal registration dates all u need do is head to any CBE approved tution centre.tell them d papers u want to take as computer based and pick a date & time and pay (no longer remember d price).they will then contact acca who will send your CBE for u to write at d appointed date.u will also get your result within 5-10 minutes of finishing.i believe synergy are approved for CBE but i took mine at PYE.

@ solomonwis are going to be writing your project or u didnt register for OBU.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by Mustay(m): 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2008
I think PYE is the only accredited CBE provider in Lagos.

It's high time ACCA Nigeria set up a site for Nigerian students
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by victor4u(m): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2008
Mustay:

I think PYE is the only accredited CBE provider in Lagos.

Yeah pye is d only accredited CBE provider in lagos for now, and to sit for Computer Based Exam, u must av registered as a student with ACCA and with your registeration number, u can go to pye, pay d required fee and book a date for the exam. Part 1 papers is objective 2rout, and wrtin it wit CBE, u av instant result, so u knw ur fate immediately afta d exam. remember ACCA pass mark is 50%

As per tutorials, synergy for now is d best

ACCA Student Registration is on, register now to avoid closing date rush.

Registration can be done online or by post. I register student online wit a fee of 25,000 which include registration, sendin ur documents to UK, and all other issues dat may arise in ur course of study. In addition to d fee, I will require the ffg documents:
One Passport photograph,
Official Transcripts ( for exemption purposes)
Copies of all relevant credentials
Birth Certificate/Sworn declaration of age/international passport

Good News!!!!

ACCA Dec exam study materials is now available, both Original Text and binded photocopy.
Order yours now, and start preparing for Dec exams.

Do u require any problem as regards ACCA, pls feel free to contact me:

Victor - 08054523301, 07032099104, 01-2719219 or visit my office at

12 Samuel Manuwa street by 1004 2nd gate VI Lagos

For all of us awaiting June 2008 result, SUCEESS IS OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Cheers wink
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by teetee2(f): 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2008
Victor4u, how u dey? Somebody said i can't write December diet because i just sent my document for initial registration that i need to pay subscription twice before i can be allowed to sit for any exam. Is it true? Thx
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by rasqman: 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2008
hi all,

I don't think you should go through any stress in making payment for ACCA registration or exams, especially if you are a banker. As a banker, I make my payments to ACCA through bank drafts (foreign currency draft). Though, I work for an international bank, but I think most of our local banks can raise FCY drafts too. Raise the draft in favour of The Association of Certified Chartered Accountant, pouch it and send it as a registered mail through our post office. It will only take five days. The post office will charge you a token sum of N500 only.

I think I av been able to allay some people's fear on ACCA payments.

Thanks.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by victor4u(m): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2008
teetee2:

Victor4u, how u dey? Somebody said i can't write December diet because i just sent my document for initial registration that i need to pay subscription twice before i can be allowed to sit for any exam. Is it true? Thx

Thats is not true, all u need to write dec exam is ur initial registration fee and ur documents need to get to acca uk on or b4 the 15th of June 2008. U are not required to make any other payment cos ur initial registration payment covers ur subscription for this year.

rasqman:

hi all,

I don't think you should go through any stress in making payment for ACCA registration or exams, especially if you are a banker. As a banker, I make my payments to ACCA through bank drafts (foreign currency draft). Though, I work for an international bank, but I think most of our local banks can raise FCY drafts too. Raise the draft in favour of The Association of Certified Chartered Accountant, pouch it and send it as a registered mail through our post office. It will only take five days. The post office will charge you a token sum of N500 only.

I think I av been able to allay some people's fear on ACCA payments.

Thanks.

I guess u tryin to make an advert here grin bt sincerely u can make a foreign draft for ur payment but the bank charges are very much on d high side(talkin from experience). bt its not a crime givin it a try. wink

For all those intending to write dec exam, I would stop initial ACCA student registration for Dec Exam by August 10, afta which u can only register for june 2009 exam; cos ur documents need to gt to acca uk by august 15

Cheers wink
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by teetee2(f): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2008
victor4u, pls im very very sorry to bother u. Its not over until its over. With the context of this country, iv applied for my transcript abt 2 mths ago even paid in advance for courier to make it faster, can you believe that my transcript is not yet ready talkless of sending to acca but other documents in my custody are thru include the fee. As stated, the registration is closing on or before Aug 15. Pls what can i do, its really frustrating. Thx
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by sharpman1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2008
teetee2:

victor4u, please im very very sorry to bother u. Its not over until its over. With the context of this country, iv applied for my transcript about 2 mths ago even paid in advance for courier to make it faster, can you believe that my transcript is not yet ready talkless of sending to acca but other documents in my custody are through include the fee. As stated, the registration is closing on or before Aug 15. Please what can i do, its really frustrating. Thx

Just send in your application with photocopies of your credentials. You will still be registered and you might still get the exemptions without the transcript (that's if you have a degree in Accounting).

If you don't mind, you can call me and i'll give you ALL the info you need on ACCA.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by victor4u(m): 8:59am On Aug 08, 2008
teetee2:

victor4u, please im very very sorry to bother u. Its not over until its over. With the context of this country, iv applied for my transcript about 2 mths ago even paid in advance for courier to make it faster, can you believe that my transcript is not yet ready talkless of sending to acca but other documents in my custody are through include the fee. As stated, the registration is closing on or before Aug 15. Please what can i do, its really frustrating. Thx

sharp man:

Just send in your application with photocopies of your credentials. You will still be registered and you might still get the exemptions without the transcript (that's if you have a degree in Accounting).

If you don't mind, you can call me on 08055331696 and i'll give you ALL the info you need on ACCA.

Sharpman has said it all. Oga sharpman, aw u dey? aw lectures for synergy nw?
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by sharpman1(m): 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ victor

I am fine oh. Wishing you the best as you wait for the 18th of August.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by melac(m): 11:26am On Aug 09, 2008
Hi guys please i nee help i'm yet to register

pls is there any implication of doing so by monday

i'm on 08069044786 and would welcome suggestions and study partners

keep the color flying for us coming from the core sciences
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by Mustay(m): 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2008
If you wish to register by submitting to an ACCA OFFICE outside the UK, YOUR application should be submitted at least two weeks earlier.ACCA Nigeria would have sent her applications by August 8- yesterday. However you can still try sending by Monday - due to time lag, your post should get to them by Thursday.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by Mustay(m): 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2008
Applications must be received by August 15, so if you send throug DHL (for example) on Monday, August 11; they ought to receive it by thursday.
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by cooldudeng(m): 8:01am On Aug 14, 2008
Good to know that there is much activities on this trend. Anyway, just wanted to know if you guys made the registration so that we could move to the next stage which will be strategic planning on how to pass the exams in flying colours
Re: Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here by teetee2(f): 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2008
cooldudeng, how are u? My supporting documents have been sent, hope very soon the registration will be confirmed. Where is the best place to receive lectures and let me have their charges. Thks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Deliberate Ways To Start 2019 By Being Patient And Trusting Your Journey / Common Interview Questions For Tech Jobs / Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.