Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? (19787 Views)

Help!! My Sister Wants To Marry An Usher At Olumba Olumba / Annoying Church Poster I Saw Today.(pics) / Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
I went to 1 catholic church st.luke it was a special mass so ushers stand @ d door and b fixing flowers on d chest of d members den u drop anytin in der bag so while entering d gate sum male usher came to fix d stuff i told dem straight face dat am not intrested and dey left one fine beautiful female usher just ran and block me i couldn't resist her i was stearing @ her precios face while she was using style massaging my chest and fixing d stuff wen she was done she open her bag and said i shud drop anytin i opend my wallet na on 500 remain no change i just drop d money and she went happily for my mind i don form big boy wen service start dz gurl enter church and start ushering she no even look my side menh it pained mi den i realize na my tp fare i give her i have to trek for 2hrz b4 i reach home come see hw sweat soak my cloth I went to one church in surulere immediately i steped into d church my eye got lock wit a male usher on sighting me he raised hiz hands directing me to a sit menhh i no send d guy i sit anywhere i like d guy came confronting me to go sit were he directed mi and i refused next i knew d guy went awt go break bottle and came wit d head of d bottle and came to where i wass sitting and he said to mi "guy if u no go sit for dat seat way i direct u i go use dz bottle shuk shuk ur head naw" i obeyed since den i neva enter dat church again
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by FOLLEY20(m): 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
Tolexander: OP, i had your kind of embarrassing experience from an usher.

I was sitting by a gurl which i've been looking for a confluence with all these while. She doesn't go out on her own at all, i only see her in her dad's car. So i thought her church would make a good confluence.

I went to her church, saw where she was sitting and fortunately, there was a vacant seat beside her. I went to sit with her.

During the sermon, i was creating a familiarity with her and she was responding, then came a protocol officer(usher in some churches), tapped me to stand up and beckoned me to sit in another place far from where i was sitting for sidetalking. I was mad and at the same time felt embarrassed. That is how the parol bursted cos i couldn't see her again until i left that place.
Bro, from ur statement, I could deduce that u are a chronic unbelieving believer in the church. Pls, for heaven's sake, genuinely repent of ur sins & accept Jesus Christ as ur personal Lord & Savior, then u'll be saved. Finish!
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by costandi(m): 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
Marthakings: y would women even brẹast feed in church? Datz insanẹ. Exposing their b0obs in church. They shuld go awtsyd
Madam, they're nursing mothers doesn't mean they breast feed in church.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by soulglo: 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2013
If an usher asks you to move then you move. Whats the big deal?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2013
[quote
author=mollytinrox]Saw plenty obviously vacant seats, but he directed
me elsewhere. I just hissed loudly and went back home. Never been there
since.[/quote]critical! Bro, na God u go worship o. Dat reason alone shud mk u stay.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Oppypoppy: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2013
[quote
author=Marthakings]there are two rows in my church. i sat on one of the
rows and an usher came to tell me the row I sat on was for the males.
she said the other row was for the females and she asked me to go sit
there. mass had already started at that time. i formed deaf and dumb
until after the mass.... wtf! y would the house of God be divided

Bc of wat males n females do right in front of God.
because of gender[/quote]
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by ShyDare(m): 11:01am On Oct 29, 2013
Fynestboi: shoii Wetin u cum do for vigilundecided to dey sleep Beta sleep for your house to avoid embarassment undecided
Sumtyms u just wana nap 4 few mins, cumin back 4rm work and attendin a vigil on a friday is nt dat easy. A small nap durin d vigil rily helps. We all av so much desire 2attend vigils, shd1 nt go coz s/he's sleepy?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
Owobo brown: I hate it when they keep waking people up during nite Virgil, it's so annoying
cheesy cheesy cheesy...this got me laffin reali hard
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by ptolomes: 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
I personally think that you breached a protocol that was instructed in the bible, Jesus said that when you go to a feast , don't take high table seats , that sometimes a more honourable person could come and you will begin with shame to go back and seat down,that instead you should seat behind and allow the host to bid you to come o the front seat! even though ushers are workers in the church you should always know that they are human beings and can sometimes allow their human nature to over ride their better judgement, but it would not be a reason for you to abandon your worship to God,I apologize sincerely for the attitude of that usher , perhaps he lacks the necessary training to accommodate the people of God. wink
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2013
garripack: i went to church last week and i went to the front row to look for chair to seat down only to finally seat down and seeing the usher coming to my side he told me to stand up and go to the other side
when in my church a member might be fined for not seating in the front row while a guest will be ushered to the front seat. Just make sure you seat in the front row if it is empty to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by mikkiano(m): 6:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
vislabraye: I can't help but laugh. Some ushers should just be called bouncers.
There is this church I attend with a lot of female ushers. I don't think there's a male there. They are usually very polite to me. There's this pretty one that always lock eyes with me and she waves. She now my friend.

Baba abeg where this your church dey oh I for like wan attend sunday service biko... grin grin grin
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by tolukatey(f): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
Twas ma first tym in d branch 3 sundays ago. I was ushered 2 go sit in d front wc I did, few mins later, an usher came 2 me n asked if I'l cover my laps or she changes my seat. I asked if I can use ma handkerchief, she sed yes, I did buh later saw her brought a pachmina 2 me claiming dt d hankerchief ddnt cover my laps 2 d ground. Omg!!! I felt more dan embarrassed. Haven't stepped d church since den
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by soulglo: 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
tolukatey: Twas ma first tym in d branch 3 sundays ago. I was ushered 2 go sit in d front wc I did, few mins later, an usher came 2 me n asked if I'l cover my laps or she changes my seat. I asked if I can use ma handkerchief, she sed yes, I did buh later saw her brought a pachmina 2 me claiming dt d hankerchief ddnt cover my laps 2 d ground. Omg!!! I felt more dan embarrassed. Haven't stepped d church since den

Not unusual for old time religion churches. Especially down south. They will give you a prayer cloth to put over your thighs if your knees are showing. Not a big deal
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Shinnings: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
3ace: Change ke? Shey u enter bus ni abi u go buy ata for market ni? If you go to a function and make a donation, would you collect change?

and who tell u say na donation i make . na offerin i give nd nah even the talk wey d pastor talk na im make im drop moni say i go collect mai change lerra .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Gambling On Football A Sin / Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.