Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? (19783 Views)

Help!! My Sister Wants To Marry An Usher At Olumba Olumba / Annoying Church Poster I Saw Today.(pics) / Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Fynestboi: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
Elliotwiz1: lol i remember that annoying moment when i wanted to sleep in a night vigil and one funny looking usher kept tapping me and telling me to stay awake anytime i was close to dreamland.... Mtchew i felt like punching him in his face cheesy
mtcheew punch him and receive slapgringrin wetin u go do 4 vigil To sleep? Nawa ooo
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by tinuolababy(f): 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
None. Ushers in my Church are well trained. They welcome Ɣ☺ΰ with A̶̲̥̅ smile aπϑ A̶̲̥̅ handshake #Daystar kiss kiss wink

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by gbrown(m): 6:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
Twice i,ve been embarrassed by ushers, i sat in d front row, i was asked to leave cos the seats were reserved for very special people,
the second one happened to me in kano, cos of boko haram, security has been stepped up in most churches, one Sunday morning i dressed up and went to church, the overzealous usher allowed those he recognized to walk in without searching, from a distance he beamed his search on me, he asked me all manner of questions,ordered me to empty my pockets, when i was in d process of bringing out my organiser he stepped back as if i was bringing out a bomb, at this time onlookers had thier eyes focused on me, i really felt embarrassed,i turned back and left, when a pastor asked what was amiss, i overheard a female usher shouting, abeg make he dey go.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Davo93(m): 6:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
Marthakings: An usher told me not to put the 5 naira note I had with me in the offering box
hahahaha.. Mehn, this is funny o gringrin
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Davo93(m): 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
Tolexander: OP, i had your kind of embarrassing experience from an usher.

I was sitting by a gurl which i've been looking for a confluence with all these while. She doesn't go out on her own at all, i only see her in her dad's car. So i thought her church would make a good confluence.

I went to her church, saw where she was sitting and fortunately, there was a vacant seat beside her. I went to sit with her.

During the sermon, i was creating a familiarity with her and she was responding, then came a protocol officer(usher in some churches), tapped me to stand up and beckoned me to sit in another place far from where i was sitting for sidetalking. I was mad and at the same time felt embarrassed. That is how the parol bursted cos i couldn't see her again until i left that place.
Shey na wetin you too go do for house of God be that?? ehn?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
Fynestboi: mtcheew punch him and receive slapgringrin wetin u go do 4 vigil To sleep? Nawa ooo
if i punch i run grin grin .... No strength to fight!
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by OlaTaiwo1: 7:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
My church usher are so pleasant,respectful, and very proffessional.I bet it with you, they gonna make you come back to church the following sunday. COZA
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Pistolx(m): 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
e get wan wicked usher 4 my church the man dey even seize phones,d man don ever disgrace infront of gals because i was saging
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by tellwisdom: 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2013
You went to sit at the front, like u can give a 500 naira offering sad
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by obailala(m): 7:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
gbrown: Twice i,ve been embarrassed by ushers, i sat in d front row, i was asked to leave cos the seats were reserved for very special people,
the second one happened to me in kano, cos of boko haram, security has been stepped up in most churches, one Sunday morning i dressed up and went to church, the overzealous usher allowed those he recognized to walk in without searching, from a distance he beamed his search on me, he asked me all manner of questions,ordered me to empty my pockets, when i was in d process of bringing out my organiser he stepped back as if i was bringing out a bomb, at this time onlookers had thier eyes focused on me, i really felt embarrassed,i turned back and left, when a pastor asked what was amiss, i overheard a female usher shouting, abeg make he dey go.

grin grin grin

On a serious note, the fear of boko haram bombs is the beginning of wisdom.... if u have ever been close, or maybe even lost someone to boko haram bombs, u will not blame the usher for fearing for his life..
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Fynestboi: 7:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
Elliotwiz1: if i punch i run grin grin .... No strength to fight!
lmao omo ole leleyi sha, beta dnt sleep in church again.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by drmikeadams(m): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2013
i hate it wen ushers direct me 2 front seat....i hate it when im distracted admiring different sizes of buuubs wey dese gals dey carrry parangulate 4 church,amen..
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Fynestboi: 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
dr_mike_adams: i hate it wen ushers direct me 2 front seat....i hate it when im distracted admiring different sizes of buuubs wey dese gals dey carrry parangulate 4 church,amen..
u hate when usher direct u to front seat? While some in here re complaining about been asked to leave front seat? Nawa oo such is life.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by SalC: 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
I've never been embarrassed by an usher before.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 0monnakoda: 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
Churches are a means for the cunning to control the weak.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by TrishaP(f): 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
Owobo brown: I hate it when they keep waking people up during nite Virgil, it's so annoying

Exactly my point!
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
4 ME I WAS SLEEPING HAPPILY IN CHURCH
THE KINDA DEEP DREAMLESS SLEEP THAT MAKES U WAKE UP FEELING REFRESHED
THE THIS (FUGLY) USHER CHIC ROUSED ME FROM MY SLUMBER angry angry angry
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by chic2pimp(m): 7:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
gbrown: when a pastor asked what was amiss, i overheard a female usher shouting, abeg make he dey go.

Small time she'll also claim she is working for GOD. I don't know what gawd that rude and crude human is working for
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
Fynestboi: u hate when usher direct u to front seat? While some in here re complaining about been asked to leave front seat? Nawa oo such is life.

THE POINT IS PEOPLE SHLD BE FREE 2 SIT WHEREVER THEY WANT
FRONT, BACK, SIDEWAYS, ON THEIR HEADS, AINT NOBODY'S BUSINESS angry

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by lizzlix(m): 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
My own was nt evn an usher bt a gate man. Imagine me at my age i was directd to a children church instead of the adult church bt guy did nt knw dat i was an invitee to attend jst a programme. I did nt evn utter a wrd, i jst turnd bk to go home until d guy noticd nd called me bk.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Fynestboi: 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
Babzilla: 4 ME I WAS SLEEPING HAPPILY IN CHURCH
THE KINDA DEEP DREAMLESS SLEEP THAT MAKES U WAKE UP FEELING REFRESHED
THE THIS (FUGLY) USHER CHIC ROUSED ME FROM MY SLUMBER angry angry angry
the usher helped u out and u complaining How i wished the usher didnt woke u up, and u eventually go home with additional wahala then u would appreciate the usher's help. Smh

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Fynestboi: 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
Babzilla:

THE POINT IS PEOPLE SHLD BE FREE 2 SIT WHEREVER THEY WANT
FRONT, BACK, SIDEWAYS, ON THEIR HEADS, AINT NOBODY'S BUSINESS angry
yes u are rice grin but not all church are like that there s always a special front seat.. Bt my church na first come first sit ni...
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Fynestboi: 8:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
lizzlix: My own was nt evn an usher bt a gate man. Imagine me at my age i was directd to a children church instead of the adult church bt guy did nt knw dat i was an invitee to attend jst a programme. I did nt evn utter a wrd, i jst turnd bk to go home until d guy noticd nd called me bk.
LWKMD na ur stature go cause amgringringrin

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by mindvision: 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
Today pastor called all the birthday celetbrat and when getting back to my sit my friends and others were giving me hand shake and a usher came to me telling me am not suppose to shake in the church. I was upset that are we suppose to be that serious in the church.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by devour129: 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
One Holy trinity female is the worst ,the way she goes about the job like its her fathers biz .you will see people that are late(come in after sermon) and you lead them to the front and force us that left our houses 1hour before mass to make space for them cos they are big names
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by felipemadero(m): 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
Marthakings: An usher told me not to put the 5 naira note I had with me in the offering box
lol
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by lizzlix(m): 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
Yeah! I knw dat skul
tinuolababy: None. Ushers in my Church are well trained. They welcome Ɣ☺ΰ with A̶̲̥̅ smile aπϑ A̶̲̥̅ handshake #Daystar kiss kiss wink
cool
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
The Usher left downstairs n came Upstairs where the Teenagers hangout as in our chance 4 church n Tried To Remove My Extension and The Chargers of me N my buddies from the wall socket..
Nna ehnnn!!!!!..
We nor gree..
By the time we stand up..
Im see three 6feet Ogologos..
baba maintain n said y must u come to Church to charge..
My buddy honourable Joseph..josky..joe Ogologo1..
Said y we no go charge afterall we dey pay offering..
grin..
Usher Confuse..

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by aktolly54(m): 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
Elliotwiz1: lol i remember that annoying moment when i wanted to sleep in a night vigil and one funny looking usher kept tapping me and telling me to stay awake anytime i was close to dreamland.... Mtchew i felt like punching him in his face cheesy
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Gambling On Football A Sin / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online / Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.