Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:19 AM

Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? (19959 Views)

Help!! My Sister Wants To Marry An Usher At Olumba Olumba / Annoying Church Poster I Saw Today.(pics) / Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Abukia404(f): 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
gbrown: Twice i,ve been embarrassed by ushers, i sat in d front row, i was asked to leave cos the seats were reserved for very special people,
the second one happened to me in kano, cos of boko haram, security has been stepped up in most churches, one Sunday morning i dressed up and went to church, the overzealous usher allowed those he recognized to walk in without searching, from a distance he beamed his search on me, he asked me all manner of questions,ordered me to empty my pockets, when i was in d process of bringing out my organiser he stepped back as if i was bringing out a bomb, at this time onlookers had thier eyes focused on me, i really felt embarrassed,i turned back and left, when a pastor asked what was amiss, i overheard a female usher shouting, abeg make he dey go.
LWKMD,dis really got me rollin on d floor
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Davo93(m): 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
lizzyomonua: D most annoying moment was wen i was given a napkin by an ursher to cover my hair by force ..........nah by force 2 cover hair again
SMH

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Heyliesha(m): 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2013
in my church ushers dont distutb us o...na d members wey sidon near u
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by vislabraye(m): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
garripack: i went to church last week and i went to the front row to look for chair to seat down only to finally seat down and seeing the usher coming to my side he told me to stand up and go to the other side i asked him the reason he asked me to move he just kept quiet and demonstrated with his for me to move out of the seat i felt so embarrassed i just quietly stood up and looked at him gosh i felt like breaking his head

i met him after church only for him to tell me that i should learn to obey instructions in the church to receive the blessing from

i got so angry that i had to tell him he should thank God were in church if not i should have done something hasty

what is the most annoying experience you have had with an usher in the church premises

I don't know what Church you experienced that. But most churches I attend, its the ushers that tell us to move forward
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Infomizer(m): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
Back then, one usher actually told me it was wrong to cross my legs in church and that it was not allowed! Hello!!
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Amberkamsi: 11:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ushers they always get bad mouth o
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by vislabraye(m): 11:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
I can't help but laugh. Some ushers should just be called bouncers.
There is this church I attend with a lot of female ushers. I don't think there's a male there. They are usually very polite to me. There's this pretty one that always lock eyes with me and she waves. She now my friend.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by piagetskinner(m): 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Owobo brown: I hate it when they keep waking people up during nite Virgil, it's so annoying
What's annoyin about that ...why don't they stay bak in their houses, nd do the sleepin they so much love...Y then is it called a nigHt viGil if they cannot Stay Awake?#i percive ure among the Guilty ones undecided
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Shinnings: 11:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
droppd a huge amount into the envelope for offerin wit my name and change written on a piece of paper in d same envelope. Walked up to an usher after service to ask for mai change nd her reply was 'u cant get ur change now. i dnt advise pple to drop offering wen they dnt av change. you av to wait for 2nd service for your change (with face franked lik say she don mean me b4)
i was angry apart frm her unencouragin words her xpression was bad too. Also bin dat am an usher in mai real church nd knw d etiquettes of ushering really pissd me off cos i knw i couldnt av reactd to member dat way,a new member at dat.
I left dat day nd avnt set mai foot in d church since.
My change sef i dash them.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 28, 2013
Vigil resemble ur papa house wey u don nearly reach dreamland?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 28, 2013
Vigil na ur papa house?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by b3llo(m): 12:44am On Oct 28, 2013
Hahaha... Usher don knock ur head wey u no fit talk? undecided. I can't help myself but laugh out loud
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by mitchyy(f): 12:44am On Oct 28, 2013
That is why I love Jehovah's Witnesses. You're allowed to sit anywhere you wish when you come into the kingdom hall. Even if you wish to sit with nursing mothers at the back or the very first roll, no one would ask you to stand up. The attendants respect your choice.
When you get there, the attendants will show you the seat they want to take you to if you're okay with it and you decide.
There's nothing like Children section. Everyone listens and learns together as a family. The kids are also allowed to participate by answering questions during Q/A sessions along with adults.
The act of reserving seats for special people at the front or asking a particular gender to sit somewhere is totally wrong and sometimes you guys are the cause because you condone it.
Scrutinize your place of worship carefully and if you find it wanting, then its time to port
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by naijathings(m): 1:33am On Oct 28, 2013
Ola-Taiwo:
My church usher are so pleasant,respectful, and very proffessional.I bet it with you, they gonna make you come back to church the following sunday. COZA
very professional? imagine that... Professional. Since when did being an usher become a profession?
and by the way is that COZA pastor still fhucking COZA babes? Coza sisters , PRAISE THE ROD. Amu Pastor.. LMAO

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 28, 2013
3ace: Dis one na two sufferhead o. You're sleeping in an uncomfortable environment with the mosquitoes dealing with you and you are also missing the blessing of the night. Why una no kukuma sleep for ya house?
is like you no dey go night vigil, if you no know make i tell you, na for night vigil sleep dey sweet pass cheesy cheesy , simply unresistable

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Reincarnated(m): 2:03am On Oct 28, 2013
When I was younger, hit me on my head and told me to stand up cuz I was sleeping during one night vigil angry
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 28, 2013
The problem with most of us here is that we are beginning to take our lawless attitude to the church. I don't support the idea of churches reserving seat for VIPs. There should be equality in the house of God. But I also think that before we judge Ushers and their actions, we should answer these questions.

1. Was I asked to moved to the back because I was indecently dressed? seductive and razz clothes will distract people from listening to the sermon and make them focus on you and that is bad. We are quick to judge churches and their rules. If you were before the president and other dignitaries, would you dress anyhow?

2. Did I saunter into the church late? It's common sense to know that when service is on, you are not to distract people by walking to the front seat when you are late. You won't do it in any business meeting or programme. Does God not deserve the respect?

3. Am I disturbing in the church? if you are, then please follow the Usher. You deserve the transfer.

4. Is there a newcomer who needs a seat? there's no harm in giving up your seat. That act of kindness may convince the newcomer about your faith.

PS: Ushers are servants in the house of God. Respect them because you are respecting the God they are working for. It's not just them.

*Whistles and leaves thread* grin

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 2:59am On Oct 28, 2013
So, this usher came and asked me to get up from where i was sitting, I sat there intentionally coz he did it twice already and I have made up my mind that the third time will be disastrous. I stood ur and punch him in his face during sermon, even the pastor was shocked!
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Abnwachineke(m): 3:40am On Oct 28, 2013
ther shouid nt be disparity in de church of jesus christ
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Oluwatola5(f): 4:23am On Oct 28, 2013
Tytto: Ushers do embarass because people finds it hard to take to instructions! I'm an usher and often times I encounter people that just come into the church and ends up scattering the seating arrangement. Each time I politely walk up to them and try talking them into taking another seat, they flare up and take it as an embarrassment.
Like seriously my sis, am also an usher and in my church we dont reserve seat for anybody whomsoever, the most we do is to try to maintain orderliness in the sitting arrangement and that is by ushering people to the front seat first, but you see some people who only enjoy putting up fights in uncalled-for situations. Infact, thumbs up to all ushers, we willingly take the insults and still dont think about how demeaning some people treat us or make us feel, it isnt easy at all, also the standing aspect isnt so easy, people just dont regard us which shouldnt be.....They enjoy seeing us as pests...... angry angry
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 3ace(m): 6:09am On Oct 28, 2013
Shinnings: droppd a huge amount into the envelope for offerin wit my name and change written on a piece of paper in d same envelope. Walked up to an usher after service to ask for mai change nd her reply was 'u cant get ur change now. i dnt advise pple to drop offering wen they dnt av change. you av to wait for 2nd service for your change (with face franked lik say she don mean me b4)
i was angry apart frm her unencouragin words her xpression was bad too. Also bin dat am an usher in mai real church nd knw d etiquettes of ushering really pissd me off cos i knw i couldnt av reactd to member dat way,a new member at dat.
I left dat day nd avnt set mai foot in d church since.
My change sef i dash them.
Change ke? Shey u enter bus ni abi u go buy ata for market ni? If you go to a function and make a donation, would you collect change?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 3ace(m): 6:40am On Oct 28, 2013
Elliotwiz1: is like you no dey go night vigil, if you no know make i tell you, na for night vigil sleep dey sweet pass cheesy cheesy , simply unresistable
Well, as long as your parents are awake praying for the whole family, you're also covered. Enjoy your sleep but hope you'll stop when you start raising your own family.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 3ace(m): 6:42am On Oct 28, 2013
naijaborn001: So, this usher came and asked me to get up from where i was sitting, I sat there intentionally coz he did it twice already and I have made up my mind that the third time will be disastrous. I stood ur and punch him in his face during sermon, even the pastor was shocked!
Ha! Inside church?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by doofanc: 6:44am On Oct 28, 2013
Elliotwiz1: lol i remember that annoying moment when i wanted to sleep in a night vigil and one funny looking usher kept tapping me and telling me to stay awake anytime i was close to dreamland.... Mtchew i felt like punching him in his face cheesy

y not stay at home and sleep instead of deceiving unaself say u go vigil.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nimen(m): 6:51am On Oct 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Thats sad.

As a Pagan, I dont have to pay a dime to anyone.

I pity you fellows.
PAGAN 9JA:

Thats sad.

As a Pagan, I dont have to pay a dime to anyone.

I pity you fellows.

Liar!! You don't sacrifices abi
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by doofanc: 6:55am On Oct 28, 2013
Fynestboi: u hate when usher direct u to front seat? While some in here re complaining about been asked to leave front seat? Nawa oo such is life.

the common prqctise is 4 d back rows to be filled, leaving d frnt row empty. but usually b4 Service starts, ushers will direct members to occupy the front seats.
in some churches eg RCCG, the front seat is reserved 4 d new members.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by doofanc: 7:06am On Oct 28, 2013
igogossip: An Usher seized my phone!

and y shudnt he, when ur busy pinging in Church
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nimen:

Liar!! You don't sacrifices abi

Its not compulsory and we dont sacrifice every week. Only during festivals and important occasions.

Also we get to eat the sacrificed meat, so basically we are not losing anything.

Neither does my Priest loot me every weekend.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by PhilipTosin(m): 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE: They did nothing to me. Just hate them cuz they are mostly ugly gals and hungry face guys. I prefer eyeing choirs
I'm sure those are the ones in ur church. Besides, to open mouth to abuse someone working for God, it shows the kind of person that you are. Anyway, I'm an usher in my church n am likin it & for ur info, am also a wealthy man
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Ephramed(m): 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Marthakings: y would women even brẹast feed in church? Datz insanẹ. Exposing their b0obs in church. They shuld go awtsyd

.....................and front seat is for new comers...........
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
Dem neva born dat usher wey go annoy me!!respect urself n them go respect u!simple...sum of dese post hr are so silly n daft!!especially d 1 dat went 2 d aus of God 2 meet a gurl!smh.....and d psycique dat went 2 sleep in d vigil...2 make d mata worse is d 1 dat wanted 2 gv hez God 5naira...wtf!!!
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by touchmeder: 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
I sat down and half way into the service, an usher came and asked myself and a friend to move back to some rows behind. I didnt really understand why and refused to stand up. It took a while and the usher came again and politely repeated his request. I recall asking why but got a vague answer. I finally said okay and moved back.

I didnt go to that church until a year had passed. I got loadssssss of follow up visits and they would always ask me ''why did you stop going?'' but i never said a thing.
It would have made me foolish and very childish (which i had to admit was how i was acting) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
No one gets it right all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis / Ambode, Osinbajo, At Bishop Okonkwo's Birthday Thanksgiving (Photos) / Pope Benedict (xvi) Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.