Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good (6064 Views)

The Internet Brings More Harm Than Good / Mr Seun Osewa: Sexkillz Is Of More Harm To You Than Gud. / Whch Girl On Nairaland Has The Best Personality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by classicEntity(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
To be sincere, I've learnt alot from this good site 'Nairaland' a place where one can come and have fun, laugh, pass time, and have discussions varing from one thing to another, especially in the three most visited section which are viz; cultural, politcs, and writings. In other words I must say this place has caused more harm than good to an average Nigerian who uses the internet very often. Because here is a place where Nigerians hate opon other Nigerians, a place where Racism and Tribalism is highly encouraged without a second thought. I love the ethnic composition of Nigeria, especially the Yorubas, Ijaws, Efik and most Northerners but after joining this social media the likeness I have for them reduced drastically due to the daily tribal bashing/E-war happening here. If I must ask, why do we promote Tribalism here in this modern days of 21st centuary? In a developed world if you are a known racist there is a very big problem for you to be sincere, so people avoid such thing there, but here we seem not to care, we just spit it out and thus; also spoil the good minded ones, because out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh, why do we think of such deeds, even as am typing this am afraid of maybe the insults am gonna recieve latter but no matter what, lets leave sentiment apart, I believe that anybody using the internet very well have come of age and knows what is good and moreso contribute good things to there society via that same social media. Please lets put an end to this madness called tribalism/racism, it would do us no good. Lets make here a place where we'd learn more about Nigeria and the world at large, and also learn how to speak with one voice for our Nation. Though we are not ONE, but Lets love one another no matter our short-comings, ThAnK yOu.

10 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2013
This is a lie. There are 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. Only one of them is permanently aggrieved.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by constance500: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Super story Volume 2 grin
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by bestview: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Yorubas are the Problem with Nigeria - By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=57%3Asanusi-lamido-sanusi&id=868%3Ayorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi&Itemid=65

^^^^^^^^^

Every other ethnic group is okay and good. Remove or blot out the above tribe from Nigeria, then and only then can Nigeria be a good place.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by omiobo: 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa: This is a lie. There are 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. Only one of them is permanently aggrieved.
U don start. OP no point to any tribe o! I agreed with OP that is why I have never involved myself in tribalism.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
omiobo:
U don start. OP no point to any tribe o! I agreed with OP that is why I have never involved myself in tribalism.

Did I point to any tribe?
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Joel3(m): 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
another dumb thread. spit on thread topic, wait... i mean this wall. i am out of here. bullshit
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by JMOI: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nairaland is a heaven for tribalism. Little wonder no reasonable company wants to put its ads here. Spits on site.

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Kponkwem(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nigerians are mainly tribalists, ethnocentrists masquerading as nationalists. If there is a wrong doing within a tribal grouping, the general opinion will be to fish out and punish the 'direct' culprits. But if its by one group against another, hate merchants will brush members of the culprits tribe with same black colours for attacks. Reason why there will never be genuine popular revolution in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by omiobo: 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: Nairaland is dominated by tribalist Yorubas who don't mean well for this country just because their son is not in power. I now hate this site.
Don't hate site,hate the tribalists on the site.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by JMOI: 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
omiobo:
Don't hate site,hate the tribalists on the site.
The mods and the owner are tolerating the rubbish happening on this site.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: Nairaland is dominated by tribalist Yorubas who don't mean well for this country just because their son is not in power. I now hate this site.

Nonsense. You guys are merely reaping what you sowed.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Omexonomy: 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
In similer tread:-
Omexonomy: you never see anything. Dem don spoil nairaland finish.
South west E-cockroaches and E-thugs i hail una.
You people have succeded in polluting nairaland with ur stup1d smelling character and smelling mouth that smells like a 5o years rotten egg.
Though i know it is their culture to insult who ever they are jelous off.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by saintvc(m): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
The problem isnt tribalism.it is religion.it is muslim
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by odogwux(m): 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa: This is a lie. There are 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. Only one of them is permanently aggrieved.

It must be your tribe.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
We know there are tribalists from all ethnic groups and we are dealing with them. It's just a matter of time. We have started frustrating their lives so they have no choice other than to amend their ways, or deactivate their accounts out of frustration.

Help us fight tribalists by reporting them promptly rather than responding to their inherent foolishness.

11 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
odogwu-x:

It must be your tribe.

Guess again.
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by russellino: 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
The day my colleague (a scotsman) saw me browsing a thread where our yoruba brothers were uploading pics of starving biafran kids he wasn't able to eat lunch cos he was traumatised.

Yet the ppl uploading were getting hi-fives and likes from their fellow internet apparition sickos. Nairaland is the online congregation for nigerian racist filth.

9 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2013
russellino: The day my colleague (a scotsman) saw me browsing a thread where our yoruba brothers were uploading pics of starving biafran kids he wasn't able to eat lunch cos he was traumatised.

Yet the ppl uploading were getting hi-fives and likes from their fellow internet apparition sickos. Nairaland is the online congregation for nigerian racist filth.

Very touching. The day my colleague (a Frenchman) saw me browsing a thread where our Ibo brothers say unprintable things about us and directed people to Google "Yoruba are" he wasn't able to eat for days and was traumatized.

12 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by russellino: 7:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

Very touching. The day my colleague (a Frenchman) saw me browsing a thread where our Ibo brothers say unprintable things about us and directed people to Google "Yoruba are" he wasn't able to eat for days and was traumatized.

Very cowardly and immature justification. Even the most debased and twisted cowards would frown at uploading pics of starving kids to gloat. I guess u are something new to science.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Garrithe1st: 7:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
Who cares??
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by scribble: 7:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 27, 2013
russellino:

Very cowardly and immature justification. Even the most debased and twisted cowards would frown at uploading pics of starving kids to gloat. I guess u are something new to science.

Don't you think the cowardly line is stale by now? "For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
You all spend so time and energy blaming Yoruba for everything that is ever wrong with you and you are amazed they repay you in kind!
A beg take your victim mentality and move along.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by russellino: 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

Don't you think the cowardly line is stale by now? "For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."

Its never stale for the likes of ppl (their supporters too) who upload pics of starving kids for e-fights. Those closet freaks are in the same category as paedophiles.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
russellino:

Its never stale for the likes of ppl (their supporters too) who upload pics of starving kids for e-fights. Those closet freaks are in the same category as paedophiles.

I guess what you get in return for your name calling should not bother you as well. After all this is your mess. You created it.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by oilykid(m): 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
muhehehe gringrin as long as nigeria stil exists,tribalism wil stil exist

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by russellino: 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

I guess what you get in return for your name calling should not bother you as well. After all this is your mess. You created it.

There is something very limited about the intelligence of racists. When you say "you" do u mean me or my entire ethnic group.

I no create mess o. I logged on to a site and saw ppl yabbing themselves. One group ran out of grammar and uploaded pics of dying kids so they could 'win'. Pathetic trait of losers.

15 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by IleIfe2(m): 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
not correct

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
russellino:

There is something very limited about the intelligence of racists. When you say "you" do u mean me or my entire ethnic group.

I no create mess o. I logged on to a site and saw ppl yabbing themselves. One group ran out of grammar and uploaded pics of dying kids so they could 'win'. Pathetic trait of losers.

Are you an umpire or an expert on how online yabbings should be conducted? or just mad because the other side hit you where it hurts?
When you come online to say nasty things about other people, what is wrong if they say nasty things about you?

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by russellino: 7:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

Are you an umpire or an expert on how online yabbings should be conducted? or just mad because the other side hit you where it hurts?

Online or not there are certain lines that human beings with minimal decency do not cross. Those without the said minimum believe everything is fair game. Anyway the dark comfort zones of internet anonymity is the luxury enjoyed by the freaks, paedophiles and really lost souls.

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good by russellino: 7:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

When you come online to say nasty things about other people, what is wrong if they say nasty things about you?

Why u dey amend your posts everytime? So how does the uploading of a pic of a starving kid equate to a political argument turned yab fest?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's The First Thing U Reach For When U Wake Up In The Morning / Lagos To Seize Clothes Spread In Open Places / What Does It Take To Make One Naira Equal One Dollar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.