Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Football Fan Suffers Heart Attack And Dies After Eaglets Game At U17 World Cup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Football Fan Suffers Heart Attack And Dies After Eaglets Game At U17 World Cup (513 Views)

38-year-old Man On A Queue Slumps And Dies At A Polling Unit In Bauchi / Gunmen Attack And Disrupt APC Rally In Wike's Hometown. / Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Football Fan Suffers Heart Attack And Dies After Eaglets Game At U17 World Cup by vizboy(m): 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
AN unidentified Nigerian football fan has unfortunately died in the
United Arab Emirates (UAE) after suffering from a
heart attack and collapsing following the Golden
Eaglets’ recent 3-3 draw with Sweden in Al-Ain City. One Tuesday last week, the Golden Eaglets played
Sweden in a pulsating game in the ongoing U17 World
Cup that ended three goals apiece at the Kalifa Bin
Zayed Stadium. According to eye witness reports, the
fan died yesterday having suffering a cardiac arrest
after the game while in the bus conveying Nigerian fans back to Dubai from Al-Ain. A businessman based in the UAE, the fan was rushed
to Dubai hospital for treatment, where he had been
until he passed on in the early morning of yesterday.
A close friend of the deceased said that his remains
were still in the morgue of the hospital. Tomorrow, the Eaglets play Iran in the second round
of the competition also at the Al Ain City but it is not
yet clear if the team will wear black armbands in
honour of the fan. Nigerian fans have been among the
most vocal at the competition as the large community
in the UAE have turned out in numbers to support the team. Also in the Middle East today, Nigeria’s home-based
Super Eagles will play Jordan in a friendly game in
Amman in preparation for next year’s Championship
of African Nations (Chan) tournament due in South
Africa. Jordan requested the game as they prepare for
a World Cup play-off against Uruguay on the 13th and 20th on November. Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi said: “Jordan has been
together for a while and they play Uruguay in the
World Cup playoff. We are playing a very strong team
and it would be a difficult game. “It’s not easy, as some of our players are new and
it’s their first time, so I expect the early panic I have
seen from them. However, in all, I am impressed at
their fitness levels and we will continue to do our
best.” Nigeria is expected to open training camp for the Chan
tournament in December. In what will be Nigeria’s
first ever showing at the tournament, the Eagles have
been drawn against hosts South Africa, Mali and
Mozambique in the competition strictly for players
featuring in their local African leagues.

Source:www.informng.com/football-fan-suffers-heart-attack-and-dies-after-eaglets-game-at-u17-world-cup/
Re: Football Fan Suffers Heart Attack And Dies After Eaglets Game At U17 World Cup by vizboy(m): 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
die hard football fan. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Football Fan Suffers Heart Attack And Dies After Eaglets Game At U17 World Cup by homesteady(m): 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2013
Yea! That match was very tough!
RIP
Re: Football Fan Suffers Heart Attack And Dies After Eaglets Game At U17 World Cup by Heliesha: 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
r.i.p to d man.buh i fink they should be putting the 'viewers discretion adviced ' symbol b4 d football match.so dat pple wif heart condition can wait to hear d scores afta d match.even a young guy like me watching barca madrid wasnt easy ma heart was almost coming off my chest
Re: Football Fan Suffers Heart Attack And Dies After Eaglets Game At U17 World Cup by Lilimax(f): 3:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
So sad.
RIP to the dead.
Re: Football Fan Suffers Heart Attack And Dies After Eaglets Game At U17 World Cup by vizboy(m): 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2013
Heliesha: r.i.p to d man.buh i fink they should be putting the 'viewers discretion adviced ' symbol b4 d football match.so dat pple wif heart condition can wait to hear d scores afta d match.even a young guy like me watching barca madrid wasnt easy ma heart was almost coming off my chest
sometimes I dont watch matches like that. It could easily give me BP
Re: Football Fan Suffers Heart Attack And Dies After Eaglets Game At U17 World Cup by ifyalways(f): 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
Sad.

Constant medical check-up is important. If you know your health and heart status,then you'll stay away from engaging in or watching live, some sports.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Ifeanyi Ubah Exposes Failures Of Peter Obi’s Administration / Help Ophans / Willie Obiano’s Campaign Team Tours Three Local Governments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.