Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,113 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum (10075 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Refuses To Strike In Borno (pictured) / Biafra: Ex-militants Give FG 31-day Ultimatum To Release Kanu / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by LEXYCOM: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
Thanks for informing me......make I begin charge my inverter for weekend elp
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by wrench: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
Yawnzzzzzzz, Time to service my generator.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
taharqa: Plz, learn to SHUT that yr mouth UP wheneva you do not know what you are talking about...
You are free to enlighten us since you know what you are talking about. wink
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
Iceman296: ..Aren't these People Not Tired of Striking? Every Little Grievances Strike. C'mon There are Better ways Of Stating Your Probs Instead of Shutting the Country Down.
Give examples pls.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by UyiIredia(m): 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2013
All for nuffin'. Govt people don do goverment magic take their pension money put PHCN for their pocket.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by nerodenero: 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
ask google
Google search reviewed your strike wont affect a second old babygringrin
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by TrishaP(f): 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
Obi Okpor: Story!We are used to strike nw,e no de fear us again.

Lmao!!
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by UyiIredia(m): 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
taharqa: Plz, learn to SHUT that yr mouth UP wheneva you do not know what you are talking about...

I suspect you are a GEJ supporter so partisan he can't see the reality on ground. Dey dere for Aso rock dey sell contract. Allah dey watch u.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jerryjat(m): 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2013
Huna won Strike...

Hahahhaahhahahahahahaha...

The one way huna dey now no pass strike?...

Since Morning i no carry my eyes see nepa light 4 dis life... And dey Say dey won strike.... Ok na...

E be like say strikes don dey plenty 4 dis Nigeria...

Steven Keshi... Men World Cup na ur own oooo.... Just come pack all d strikers go Brazil... And trust me wen i say u go carry dat cup come house...

U fit bench Eminike self....

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2013
Justeenaleo: Na now all of dem remember to strike, all is well..."..soon now students will go on strike ..I wonder wat wil b the reason
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Soon na all Nigerians go need go strike if the leaders don't stop this games of deception.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Iceman296: 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2013
Jbluv55:
Give examples pls.
We have all these Strikes Because Of our Failed Justice System. The Government of the day is Even Above the Judiciary and Can Act Like they Please.

When all these Bodies Strike, A Lot of people are Affected which in My Opinion is Not Suppose to be so.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Olupompey(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]
PHCN PEOPLE CORRUPT DIE..CAN YOU BELEIVE A MANAGER NOT KNOWING A COMMON EARTH ROD....AND DEY ARE COLLECTING HUGE SUM OF MONEY
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 8:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
Iceman296:
We have all these Strikes Because Of our Failed Justice System. The Government of the day is Even Above the Judiciary and Can Act Like they Please.

When all these Bodies Strike, A Lot of people are Affected which in My Opinion is Not Suppose to be so.
So if the bolded is true, I don't see any other way that aggrieved Nigerians can get the desired justice unless other people are made to suffer a bit also so that the number of aggrieved increases and pressure on the Government increases.

No sane (right-thinking) Nigerian wants to take the Government to court any longer because WE can all guess what might happen.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by ignis: 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
everyone embarking on strike....
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by skyscraperTM(m): 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2013
nerodenero: Google search reviewed your strike wont affect a second old babygringrin
na u sabi. . .
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nairaland is one strike today.

MTN network is on strike.

PHCN want to go on strike as if we care (it complete black out in ondo state for the past two weeks).

Nigeria need to lockdown

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Dandostism: 9:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
infact let dem go! i didn't see any organisatn who squander this country money like PHCN
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by 3kay945(m): 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2013
What happen to this site some hours ago?
Well, good to be back.
@ op
I hope the federal government are seeing this. I thought they said all benefits has been settled.
Anyway, some insanely, highly animalistic maniac stole our transformer cable 3weeks ago exposing my neighborhøod to constant darkness. I wont notice the strike if they start.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by akpos4uall(m): 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2013
Jbluv55:

How true is this info? And why ?
That may true following the info you provided: about 55 per cent of the workforce have not been paid.

Jbluv55: Over 2,000 workers of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) on Monday 28th October, embarked on protest over the delay in payment of severance benefits to about 55 per cent of the workforce.

Others are non-payment of benefits of retirees who disengaged in 2011 and non- regularisation of service of some casual workers.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/28/phcn-workers-threaten-to-down-tools-give-fg-4-day-ultimatum/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/phcn-workers-threaten-fresh-strike-give-fg-4-day-ultimatum/

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by akpos4uall(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
delvinmaya: for me, i dont feel any sympathy 2wards dem, also for ova 3 decades, they have been receiving free curses from the whole populace, did they tink d curses wont throw sum troubles their way?

Yes truly PHCN has been a failure. Something you should know is that, it is not every PHCN worker that is responsible for electric power. Among them are some other professionals such as doctors, nurses, primary/secondary school teachers, accountants, lawyers, etc.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
3kay945: What happen to this site some hours ago?
Well, good to be back.
@ op
I hope the federal government are seeing this. I thought they said all benefits has been settled.
Anyway, some insanely, highly animalistic maniac stole our transformer cable 3weeks ago exposing my neighborhøod to constant darkness. I wont notice the strike if they start.
@bolded. Eeya sorry o. Na Naija we dey. Plenty of tinz are just not right. We need help.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
akpos4uall:
That may true following the info you provided: about 55 per cent of the workforce have not been paid.

OhK........I now get ur point. Nawa o......
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2013
akpos4uall:

Yes truly PHCN has been a failure. Something you should know is that, it is not every PHCN worker that is responsible for electric power. Among them are some other professionals such as doctors, nurses, primary/secondary school teachers, accountants, lawyers, etc.
Thank you for bin objective. Not all working in a bank have physical access to the money ........
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by NAJALYN: 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2013
Well its a pity they are worming up to go on strike. LORD HAVE MERCY!
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by LajaLaba: 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
cry
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by fabby26(m): 12:04am On Oct 29, 2013
BREAKING NEWS! Association of Nigerian Housewives(ASNH) wants to go for a hunger strike if FG & their husbands refuse to give them SOCIAL SECURITY & SOCIAL WELFARE. And news reaching us says that Association of Bachelors & Spinsters are planning for a 3 days warning strike, should FG not provide them with jobs. Nigerians, nawa! If every one come be Striker, then who go be the defender, the foward, the centre man or even the goalkeeper. grin

Well, it's well

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 12:05am On Oct 29, 2013
Laja Laba: cry
Abeg help me ask am o....coz am confused also.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Jbluv55(m): 12:08am On Oct 29, 2013
fabby26: BREAKING NEWS! Association of Nigerian Housewives(ASNH) wants to go for a hunger strike if FG & their husbands refuse to give them SOCIAL SECURITY & SOCIAL WELFARE. And news reaching us says that Association of Bachelors & Spinsters are planning for a 3 days warning strike, should FG not provide them with jobs. Nigerians, nawa! If every one come be Striker, then who go be the defender, the foward, the centre man or even the goalkeeper. grin

Well, it's well
cheesy cheesy cheesy.........grin lipsrsealed
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by charijee(f): 12:09am On Oct 29, 2013
They can strike for all I care
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by dheaven: 12:44am On Oct 29, 2013
For me PHCN staff are not supposed to be paid because they did not do their job when they were working.
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by ChildofChukwu(m): 12:57am On Oct 29, 2013
Corruption has eaten too deep into the very soul of our dear country and it will take ONLY the grace of Chineke to save us!
Re: PHCN Workers Threaten To Strike, Give FG 4-day Ultimatum by Ericsdm55(m): 1:52am On Oct 29, 2013
I'll say d strike has already commence in Yola. It's bin 8daz now wiout light to d common man. The annoying part of it is dat nothing has bin said concerning it. Not even on media. Nw dey r threatenin to go on an indefinite strike. We r watching.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC / Recession: FG’s Non-Oil Revenue Shrinks By N134bn / Ondo APC Primaries: Odimayo, Adojutelegan Step Down For Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.