Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. (30765 Views)

Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway / Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 07, 2013
Nice write-up, Ikenna.

But one thing's for sure - you can't expect everyone to like the same cars. Some will love them, others will actively detest them. I admire your passion for the Peugeot brand, but I still feel you need to lighten up when others slate the Peugeot brand, rightly or wrongly. I have owned a Peugeot 505 STI - while it may not have been to everyone's taste at the time, I liked it, and will certainly consider getting another RWD Peugeot as a V8 project car - a 505 or 504 GL (because independent rear suspension is a must).

I'm an Audi and BMW man, always will be. But much as I like my preferred brands, there are others that don't, and they'll make their feelings pretty clear. It doesn't bother me in the slightest - their opinions don't affect my choice of car.

I buy my cars because I like them, not because the world and her wife have an opinion. I think you should be the same - enjoy your Lions, and don't get too defensive when others feel the Peugeot brand is dog poo. It's just the way of the world bro. We can't all like the same things, otherwise there wouldn't be enough to satisfy demand.

We live in a diverse world! wink

6 Likes

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Ikenna351(m): 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
Siena: Nice write-up, Ikenna.

But one thing's for sure - you can't expect everyone to like the same cars. Some will love them, others will actively detest them. I admire your passion for the Peugeot brand, but I still feel you need to lighten up when others slate the Peugeot brand, rightly or wrongly. I have owned a Peugeot 505 STI - while it may not have been to everyone's taste at the time, I liked it, and will certainly consider getting another RWD Peugeot as a V8 project car - a 505 or 504 GL (because independent rear suspension is a must).

I'm an Audi and BMW man, always will be. But much as I like my preferred brands, there are others that don't, and they'll make their feelings pretty clear. It doesn't bother me in the slightest - their opinions don't affect my choice of car.

I buy my cars because I like them, not because the world and her wife have an opinion. I think you should be the same - enjoy your Lions, and don't get too defensive when others feel the Peugeot brand is dog poo. It's just the way of the world bro. We can't all like the same things, otherwise there wouldn't be enough to satisfy demand.

We live in a diverse world! wink

^^^^
Whatever your definition of the word "Defensive" is, am not sure my post you referred to has nothing to do with. Speaking of defensive, i remember vividly a post about how an engine of one certain VW or Audi car fell off from under the car, while car was in motion along Lokoja-Abuja expressway or so. I also remember how offended you became and attacked the poster, proving to him how that would be impossible because you understood the configuartion of the car front end better than the poster who made that claim. Your outbust in that thread was very obvious that you were defending VW for such a false information. So if both of us were been defensive to brands we drive, you should have spared me the above post. Your post can get 100 likes, but concern me not.

Of course, I understand. People should post negative comments on Peugeot cars, but should keep the flaws of the brands they drive, as if they are perfect cars and no one should mention it, except only Peugeot flaws. I totally understand. Of course, those that find only faults in Peugeot in their comments have no attachement to the brands of cars they drive, which was why they forgot to mention the flaws associated with theirs too. So, its ok to see only negative in someone or someone 's something and speaks only of those negatives, but no one should negative things they see in you or your things too. Sorry, it goes both ways.

How I feel about negative comments on Peugeot here is irrelevant, but what bothers me is what is wrong with us a people. So lets deal with those problems in these threads. Let's this thread be "Moment Of Truth". I wouldnt mind to modify the title of this thread to accomodate it, since I created this topic/thread. So if you have any negaitive comments you have been waiting to tell the world, lets have them here. But don't forget to mention the car brand you drive. Because i have so many "sweet" comments on your car brand too. Let's see how reliable, safe and unplastic the brand of cars you drive really are.

Ikenna
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by sultaan(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
Let us stop here and keep to the rules.

Car brands and models are game here, ridiculous and obscene fallacies can be made about those things but we should resist direct unflattering opinions on personalities on this forum.

Like this

I still think Peugeot are crappy, they have no luxurious brand just the cheap decomposes which worked well for those on a budget.

Audi is overpriced bank breaker not for working folks

And Mercedes is a dynamic coefficient of bla bla bla for grandpas

Those are my opinions, and Ikenna, Siena, and Trac (just more fun dragging him into this)should never take it personal.

Ford would have killed the competition if they had a stand, from those pics Chrysler brought the best product per naira others are just not showing their money worth.

Like women, some married the first girl they got into, not the best thing.

You need to get into different brands, models, engine sizes take them for a ride city, highway, back road even off road pick the one that fits your needs.

People that take home an econobox because of running cost end up renting a big*ss V6 on weekends taking it for a ride as if its stolen in a way they won't drive the one at home could have gotten the big engine at same price but skipped on fuel economy.

Don't get a 3cyl Peugeot for 3 mil when when there is a V6/V8 out there waiting.A 4cyl Prado at that price hell no.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
Mr Elektra, I believe you are matured enough, please don't start such comments again. Let peace reign we all disagree to agree most times. Let people be free to express their opinion/ feelings without you coming to intervene.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Ikenna351(m): 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
sultaan: Let us stop here and keep to the rules.

Car brands and models are game here, ridiculous and obscene fallacies can be made about those things but we should resist direct unflattering opinions on personalities on this forum.

Like this

I still think Peugeot are crappy, they have no luxurious brand just the cheap decomposes which worked well for those on a budget.

Audi is overpriced bank breaker not for working folks

And Mercedes is a dynamic coefficient of bla bla bla for grandpas

Those are my opinions, and Ikenna, Siena, and Trac (just more fun dragging him into this)should never take it personal.

Ford would have killed the competition if they had a stand, from those pics Chrysler brought the best product per naira others are just not showing their money worth.

You need to get into different brands, models, engine sizes take them for a ride city, highway, back road even off road pick the one that fits your needs.

People that take home an econobox because of running cost end up renting a big*ss V6 on weekends taking it for a ride as if its stolen in a way they won't drive the one at home could have gotten the big engine at same price but skipped on fuel economy.

Don't get a 3cyl Peugeot for 3 mil when when there is a V6/V8 out there waiting.A 4cyl Prado at that price hell no.

Exactly what I was saying. You specifically said "don't take it personal", yet you went on and started talking down on other brands of car, excluding yours. So your brand of car has nothing negative to comment about it? Now I can see how you have proved me wrong.

What exactly is wrong with Peugeot 301 with 3-cylinder engine? Are you saying Peugeot is the only company that produces 3 cylinder engines Presently? Almost all Euro and Japs car companies now produce cars with 3-cylinder engine. Why is Peugeot one a headache for you? Don't we have Toyota Yaris with Cylinder engine? What about Toyota Aygo, BMW 1 series, Ford Fiesta, etc? Don't they have 3 cylinder engine as well? Name any Euro car manufacturer that is yet to go 3 cylinder engine or not planning to? Was it because Peugfeot 1st introduced theirs in Nigeria as new that it became some headaches to people?

Now how many bhp those some 3-cylinder engines of different brands produces?

1. Toyota Aygo: 68 hp: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Aygo

2 Toyota Yaris: 89 hp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Vitz

3. Peugeot 301: 72 hp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_301_(2012)

4. Peugeot 208: 68 - 82 hp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_208

4. Nissan Micra: 79 hp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Micra

etc.

Now are you saying in US where you stay, People don't buy Toyota Yaris with 3 cylinder engines? So do you really think those that buy new Toyota Prius cant afford to buy used V8 cars and still have change, instead of buying the Prius? Are you saying everyone that buys green cars did so because they cant afford V6 or V8 cars? Do you think its everyone that cars how many hp a car offers? Why then should you say its not wise to buy a Peugeot 301 3-cylinder car for 3 million since the money can buy one a used V8 car? So everyone must choose a gas guzzling car?

How much does a brand new Toyota Yaris cost in USA. Convert it to Naira, with all the clearing fees and dealers profit and tell me if it would be less than 3 million or more. Or simply because it was Peugeot, so it should cost upto 3 million, instead, others should?

What is going on in this thread has nothing to do with the so called "constructive criticisms". Answer my questions above and prove me wrong.

About the thread and the form rules. I started this thread, I can modify it to accomodate the present discussion, as long as the title still covers earlier discussion/posts and doesnt break the forum rules and its still a Car Talk matter, which I have already done.

Ikenna
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by sultaan(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ford is a piece of turd.
Jeep is unreliable money hog cost tons of money to run

Have you seen all the recalls they have lately with ford.

Even made it bold

There is absolutely nothing wrong with s 3 cyl just doesn't fit my needs.

@3 mil the market has better options.

Siena was so passionate with Audi, now he is consulting with the enemy, Toyota.

Tomorrow Ikenna might join the ranks of Innoson owners so leave your mind open to a weekend rental ride going home with you.

But for the personality named Sultaan is open to any brand even if its a Toyota or Peugeot(ok I lied about that one)
No car is perfect for everyone, but there is one for each person.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Ikenna351(m): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
sultaan: Ford is a piece of turd.
Jeep is unreliable money hog cost tons of money to run

Have you seen all the recalls they have lately with ford.

Even made it bold

There is absolutely nothing wrong with s 3 cyl just doesn't fit my needs.

@3 mil the market has better options.

Siena was so passionate with Audi, now he is consulting with the enemy, Toyota.

Tomorrow Ikenna might join the ranks of Innoson owners so leave your mind open to a weekend rental ride going home with you.

But for the personality named Sultaan is open to any brand even if its a Toyota or Peugeot(ok I lied about that one)
No car is perfect for everyone, but there is one for each person.

No Ford is the worst car with Auto transmission failure, followed by Honda. Find proof below:

http://www.carcomplaints.com/worst_vehicles/#sthash.1WEYAfZI.BrsISIas.dpbs

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2002/

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2002/transmission/transmission_failure.shtml

What about Jeep? Unreliable car that gave some owners that bought them new lots of nightmares:

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Jeep/Grand_Cherokee/2011/engine/engine_light_on.shtml

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/jeep/grand_cherokee/2007/

So, lets keep it coming.

About your "open mind" preaching. Sorry, am the wrong person to preach that to. My parents had different brand of cars i used when i became of age. I have used so many cars before i bought the first car in my name. Not just drive them, but go under the bonnets and under the cars with spanners. I have taught a lot people how to drive, mostly women, with different brand of cars, with both auto and manual transmissions. I drive my friends other car brands, including my colleagues cars in office that are not Lions. To summarize how open minded I am with cars, I bought a VW car for my dad early this year, used if for 2 weeks before i took it down to him.

Am only telling you this for you to understand I had the chance to buy other brands before i bought my 3 Lions, but I still chose my Lions. Even if I become Innoson staff tomorrow, it wont erase what made me chose my Lions, inspite of other brands I have used, diagnosed and repaired before i got them. Being open minded is onething, but knowing excatly what I want and going for it, is another thing entirely.

Ikenna
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by sultaan(m): 12:21am On Dec 08, 2013
Why don't we all just get in a V8 Cadillac rolling down the street smoking insole sipping on gin and juice laid back. grin
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by yungboss(m): 7:32am On Dec 09, 2013
Elektra,
comport yourself man! Comport yourself.
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Fixed: 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ikenna, all this passion in the defense of your car brand? You have to respond to every post, even to the extent of not seeing the lightheartedness in Sultaan's posts?

Please grow up. You must understand that people have choices and are entitled to their own opinions - I mean you inclusive.

And for the records, I don't hate Lions. I maintain my stand that I will never put down my N3M for any 3 cylinder - Pgt 301, Yaris, Fiesta and all the what nots you itemized. With the money I will get myself a USED 08/09 Accord or Camry. I dare say its my choice and I will not be a bit affected by the number of people that are riding it errh..., sorry I mean number of people that are not riding it in my compound.

It still remains my choice, because I am a human being.

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by sultaan(m): 1:27am On Dec 11, 2013

He didn't get it

How many men go fuxk their wife like the a big*ass weekend prostitute?that is when you wan all style and hard as if you wan enjoy every kobo

you spend rent the lady. So why no marry a big*ss woman in the first place

Might be more expensive to maintain but you want to be that person the others consider 'lucky'p

Roll into any joint with a bigd*ss like Cherokee and see what all those other look at you, we are talking about cars right grin
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Ikenna351(m): 10:44am On Dec 11, 2013
Fixed: Ikenna, all this passion in the defense of your car brand? You have to respond to every post, even to the extent of not seeing the lightheartedness in Sultaan's posts?

Please grow up. You must understand that people have choices and are entitled to their own opinions - I mean you inclusive.

And for the records, I don't hate Lions. I maintain my stand that I will never put down my N3M for any 3 cylinder - Pgt 301, Yaris, Fiesta and all the what nots you itemized. With the money I will get myself a USED 08/09 Accord or Camry. I dare say its my choice and I will not be a bit affected by the number of people that are riding it errh..., sorry I mean number of people that are not riding it in my compound.

It still remains my choice, because I am a human being.

I need to grow up, I forgot, because na you dey feed me. I can choose to respond to every post here because you don't pay my internet subscription. I need to grow up, noted.

Your words: "that thing they called 301 is a huge disappointment! I found it very hard to believe that a 1.2ltr 3 cylinder car can be shipped to Nigeria in the name of emerging market. " This is the same Nigerians who complain how V6 are gas guzzlers; these are Nigerians who visit Car Talk to ask for cars that consume less than the others, to help them choose cars that consume less while hunting for cars; these are the same Nigerians that would complain they need cars that would consume only 5 litres from Abuja to Lagos; these are the same Nigerians that would convert their V6 to I4, just to reduce fuel consumption, even when the conversions done were horrible. Now, Peugeot decided to provide what Nigerians have been crying for, a 3 cylinder engine that will consume less than the I4 engines that some of us still complain they consume high. But the same Nigerians are now saying "Peugeot, is this all you got?". What a people! Like I said in one of my posts here, my concern is not how i feel about your bad mouthing of Peugeot, but what is wrong with us, Nigerians. Did I in any manner state in my posts on 301 that every Nigerians should start buying or go for Peugeot 301? Did I not state "If green cars or fuel economy cars interest you, Peugeot 301 with 3 cylinder engine is a good option" ? That you do not like 301 or cars with 3 cylinder engines, why not focus on the ones with 12 cylinders that you find interesting and praise? Read your above quoted bolded statement and tell me who truly need to grow up.

Every beer room you hit, every Restaurant you enter, every gathering you meet, every corner you see 3 or 5 men together, all you would be hearing/seeing is how each of them is on each others throat for trying to defend the foootball club he supports, simply because he has a Chelsea T-shirt hanged in his wardrobe. You see men shouting, sometimes, physically fighting, just to prove the other wrong about the club he supports, simply because of some T-shirts, even when those clubs and players they are defending aggressively do not know they exist. But when it comes to cars, expecially Peugeot cars, I should not defend or have any attachment to Peugeot I drive when I see a wrong impression or false information on Peugeot posted. But there is nothing wrong to disturb the neighbourhood with your arguements while defending football clubs or players you support, polluting the environment with noise, just because of some T-shirts. But in my case, where my Lions take me to every part of the country I want to, bring me back safely without a cough in the journey and would still beg me to take them on more trips. My Lions that have saved my life on many occassions on highway, which was not because of my driving skill that i got saved, but because of God and how those Lions would handle predictably on those incidents, without any scratch on both myself and the Lions. My Lion which saved me the day I had a blowout on highspeed, the front right side tyre of the car, without my input, handled impressively before the car came to a halt, as if nothing happend. Incidents that would have taken me to my early Grave, but prevented because of the choice I made to stick to a particular brand, after I have had several accidents with other brands. Yes, God saves. But He helps those who help themselves. If Peugeot is one of the things that keeps me alive, knowing what i face each time am on those deadly highways, for what is what, Peugeot deserve my emotional attachment to the name. And I thank God for making me make that good choice, so far. So, yes, I will defend Peugeot if I see any false information here against them.

I wanted to post the pictures from the event in Peugeot thread only, excluding other brands. But I thought how selfish that would be, since there would be some people who would like to see them, who dont visit Peugeot thread. I realised not everyone would be opportune to attend the event, especially those outside Abuja. That was why i changed my mind, started this topic, so that I could include pictures from other brand stands. Unfortunately, it was a mistake. Even though I made sure I covered all the car manufacturers that participated; even though I didnot in any of the pictures of other brands comment negatively about them, yet the brand Op indicated interest in has to be bashed/thrashed. And when I responded, "I should grow up".

Your words:...... "My preference will easily be the Corolla as I don't see myself riding a 3 cylinder car with manual window controls in this age!".... You have nothing against Peugeot, yet you have to stoop this low to discredit Peugeot 301. Where in the picture did you see Peugeot 301 with manual windows control? If there is, is it the front windows or rear windows? Any picture that back your claim? Even if there is as you claimed, how equiped with gadgets is Toyota Yaris with 3 cylinder engine and other similar cars?.

If you, the Adult, should comment negatively about another car brand you don't drive, why should I "grow up" then when I tried to comment likewise on the brand you drive?

Go through all your posts here, go through mine carefully and decides who truly need to grow up.

Again, if you are truly convinced that Peugeot produce crappy and unreliable cars, please post them here. So that I can reply in kind how "relaible and uncrappy" your car/brand is. It's out of respect that i didnt start reviewing those brands those that bashed Peugeot here drive, probably they made mistake. But if you are sure "you have nothing to hide", come back and repeat your statements or post more facts to prove your stand. It could be fun. But dont get offended with what I have to say about what you drive.

Ikenna
Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by abatically(m): 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
I still think the Peugeot cars are outdated and overpriced compared to the competition.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by Fixed: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ikenna351:

I need to grow up, I forgot, because na you dey feed me. I can choose to respond to every post here because you don't pay my internet subscription. I need to grow up, noted.

Your words: "that thing they called 301 is a huge disappointment! I found it very hard to believe that a 1.2ltr 3 cylinder car can be shipped to Nigeria in the name of emerging market. " This is the same Nigerians who complain how V6 are gas guzzlers; these are Nigerians who visit Car Talk to ask for cars that consume less than the others, to help them choose cars that consume less while hunting for cars; these are the same Nigerians that would complain they need cars that would consume only 5 litres from Abuja to Lagos; these are the same Nigerians that would convert their V6 to I4, just to reduce fuel consumption, even when the conversions done were horrible. Now, Peugeot decided to provide what Nigerians have been crying for, a 3 cylinder engine that will consume less than the I4 engines that some of us still complain they consume high. But the same Nigerians are now saying "Peugeot, is this all you got?". What a people! Like I said in one of my posts here, my concern is not how i feel about your bad mouthing of Peugeot, but what is wrong with us, Nigerians. Did I in any manner state in my posts on 301 that every Nigerians should start buying or go for Peugeot 301? Did I not state "If green cars or fuel economy cars interest you, Peugeot 301 with 3 cylinder engine is a good option" ? That you do not like 301 or cars with 3 cylinder engines, why not focus on the ones with 12 cylinders that you find interesting and praise? Read your above quoted bolded statement and tell me who truly need to grow up.

Every beer room you hit, every Restaurant you enter, every gathering you meet, every corner you see 3 or 5 men together, all you would be hearing/seeing is how each of them is on each others throat for trying to defend the foootball club he supports, simply because he has a Chelsea T-shirt hanged in his wardrobe. You see men shouting, sometimes, physically fighting, just to prove the other wrong about the club he supports, simply because of some T-shirts, even when those clubs and players they are defending aggressively do not know they exist. But when it comes to cars, expecially Peugeot cars, I should not defend or have any attachment to Peugeot I drive when I see a wrong impression or false information on Peugeot posted. But there is nothing wrong to disturb the neighbourhood with your arguements while defending football clubs or players you support, polluting the environment with noise, just because of some T-shirts. But in my case, where my Lions take me to every part of the country I want to, bring me back safely without a cough in the journey and would still beg me to take them on more trips. My Lions that have saved my life on many occassions on highway, which was not because of my driving skill that i got saved, but because of God and how those Lions would handle predictably on those incidents, without any scratch on both myself and the Lions. My Lion which saved me the day I had a blowout on highspeed, the front right side tyre of the car, without my input, handled impressively before the car came to a halt, as if nothing happend. Incidents that would have taken me to my early Grave, but prevented because of the choice I made to stick to a particular brand, after I have had several accidents with other brands. Yes, God saves. But He helps those who help themselves. If Peugeot is one of the things that keeps me alive, knowing what i face each time am on those deadly highways, for what is what, Peugeot deserve my emotional attachment to the name. And I thank God for making me make that good choice, so far. So, yes, I will defend Peugeot if I see any false information here against them.

I wanted to post the pictures from the event in Peugeot thread only, excluding other brands. But I thought how selfish that would be, since there would be some people who would like to see them, who dont visit Peugeot thread. I realised not everyone would be opportune to attend the event, especially those outside Abuja. That was why i changed my mind, started this topic, so that I could include pictures from other brand stands. Unfortunately, it was a mistake. Even though I made sure I covered all the car manufacturers that participated; even though I didnot in any of the pictures of other brands comment negatively about them, yet the brand Op indicated interest in has to be bashed/thrashed. And when I responded, "I should grow up".

Your words:...... "My preference will easily be the Corolla as I don't see myself riding a 3 cylinder car with manual window controls in this age!".... You have nothing against Peugeot, yet you have to stoop this low to discredit Peugeot 301. Where in the picture did you see Peugeot 301 with manual windows control? If there is, is it the front windows or rear windows? Any picture that back your claim? Even if there is as you claimed, how equiped with gadgets is Toyota Yaris with 3 cylinder engine and other similar cars?.

If you, the Adult, should comment negatively about another car brand you don't drive, why should I "grow up" then when I tried to comment likewise on the brand you drive?

Go through all your posts here, go through mine carefully and decides who truly need to grow up.

Again, if you are truly convinced that Peugeot produce crappy and unreliable cars, please post them here. So that I can reply in kind how "relaible and uncrappy" your car/brand is. It's out of respect that i didnt start reviewing those brands those that bashed Peugeot here drive, probably they made mistake. But if you are sure "you have nothing to hide", come back and repeat your statements or post more facts to prove your stand. It could be fun. But dont get offended with what I have to say about what you drive.

Ikenna

Ikenna, unfortunately your edginess made you miss the point in my post - I reiterate:
I am an individual
I have choices
I make my choice as I deem fit
My choice remains mine.

That said, I maintain my stand that I will not put down my N3M to buy any 3 cylinder car - made by Peugeot, Ford, Toyota, or Honda for that matter. For your information, my three cars are all 6-Bangers, 2 Hondas and 1 Toyota. Why? It's my choice. Am I losing anything? Maybe negligible fuel economy sacrificed on the altar of speed and thrill that I enjoy. I love 'em coming with 6 plugs. That is me and that is my choice. I am not the same Nigerian you described in your post above.

One more for you to know, I enjoy football and very well at that. But wait, I do not support any club. Why? It's just my choice. Do I feel out of place when guys discuss clubs? No, I am not affected by people's feelings once I am convinced I made the right choice. That is me and that is my choice. Why? Because I have grown up.

I respect your passion for defending Lions. Why? It is your choice. Am I worried that you don't ride Honda or Toyota? No. Because it's your choice. Will I spend all my energy in defense of any car brand? No. Because they don't pay my bills. Will I give myself headache over comments passed by people rightly or wrongly two months ago on my car brand? No. Because I have grown up.

This remains my last comment on this thread. It is getting too petty over nothing!

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. by sultaan(m): 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ikenna posting pics of other brands is not a mistake but an opportunityfor some to be able to compare both cars with ppricing so potential buyers can compare apples to apples.

We are looking at the increase in tariff on used cars so been able to discuss the value of some new cars to used is a really interesting thing.

I see passionate folks talking about this and you guys want to make me cry cry.

301 will be perfect for any city driving so they got it right but unfortunately the duties make it look out of place remember if you pay $3000 shipping and clearing cost a bigger car will have more value becauss of the percentage of cost.

We just need to see how we got it this point of value.

It makes no sense spending more on smaller engine es to save 3 mpg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Defiant Driver Gets Stuck Inside galadimawa Flood After Ignoring Advise In abuja / Emeka Akaezuwa Gets Presidential Applause For Inventing Electric Bikes In Uganda / See What A Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses As Its Fuel Tank (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.