Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway (66828 Views)

Had A Ghastly Accident (pics) / Ghastly Motor Accident In Makurdi. (Graphic pics) / Ghastly Accident Claims 3 Lives Along Akure-Owo Road (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Compliance(m): 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Some rccg members coming back from camp had a fatal accident along Akure - Ilesha expressway. Some are already dead by the time we got to the scene. Christians on Nairaland please let's lift up the banners of prayers for God's divine intervention.

5 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by VolvoS60(m): 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
sad

This is heartbreaking.

I am fed up with saying RIP with each fresh calamity. angry

I refuse to believe that the quality of our lives cannot improve. Nigerian roads have been slaughter slabs for how long? 10? 20? 40? 50 years? Don't we deserve better? These people had families and loved ones.

This harvest of death is totally avoidable.

We must choose governments that fear us (we the people) enough to live up to their responsibilities or these needless deaths will continue.

The choice is ours.

45 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
oh my Goodness....what kind of hot death is this?

May all viewing never enter any doomed vehicle in Jesus name.

209 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by RoyalRoy(m): 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
So sad. May their souls rest in peace.

16 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by VolvoS60(m): 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
Those of us on these boards who are within a certain age group will remember when the FRSC was first created.

The 100km/hr rule was strictly enforced. The FRSC actually had radar guns (believe it or not) and they used them. If you wanted to avoid trouble with FRSC officials for breaking the speed limit you simply left home on time and planned your trip properly.

FRSC officials actually carried out vehicle inspection at the motor parks/garages and they made sure they enforced the rules on vehicle roadworthiness. Their officials stood out in stark contrast to the police.

Fast forward three decades and the Corps is a shadow of what it once was. The price we are all paying for that is the never ending carnage on our roads.

There is no law on God's green earth that says all good things are unworkable in Nigeria. All it takes is a reasoned choice by Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable and to insist that these leaders get the system to work for the good of all. (Failing which, these leaders should prepare for the consequences).

Until we grasp this simple truth, the pain, tears and sorrow will continue.

83 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
the FRSC is now more concerned with income generation via number plates to prevent road mishaps undecided undecided undecided talk of cluelessness

VolvoS60:

Those of us on these boards who are within a certain age group will remember when the FRSC was first created.

The 100km/hr rule was strictly enforced. The FRSC actually had radar guns (believe it or not) and they used them. If you wanted to avoid trouble with FRSC officials for breaking the speed limit you simply left home on time and planned your trip properly.

FRSC officials actually carried out vehicle inspection at the motor parks/garages and they made sure they enforced the rules on vehicle roadworthiness. Their officials stood out in stark contrast to the police.

Fast forward three decades and the Corps is a shadow of what it once was. The price we are all paying for that is the never ending carnage on our roads.

There is no law on God's green earth that says all good things are unworkable in Nigeria. All it takes is a reasoned choice by Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable and to insist that these leaders get the system to work for the good of all. (Failing which, these leaders should prepare for the consequences).

Until we grasp this simple truth, the pain, tears and sorrow will continue.

16 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Plus10(m): 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
OMG!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by ratiken(m): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60: sad

This is heartbreaking.

I am fed up with saying RIP with each fresh calamity. angry

I refuse to believe that the quality of our lives cannot improve. Nigerian roads have been slaughter slabs for how long? 10? 20? 40? 50 years? Don't we deserve better? These people had families and loved ones.

This harvest of death is totally avoidable.

We must choose governments that fear us (we the people) enough to live up to their responsibilities or these needless deaths will continue.

The choice is ours.

You were so quick to blame bad roads and the government when you weren't told on the write-up that bad road was the cause.

Even if the entire roads in this country gets fixed, we need a paradigm shift to drive safely to avoid these incidents.

RIP to the dead.

47 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by AdmiralPato(m): 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
CHISOS!!!

I just got home... safely. God knows best

Rip

2 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by igbsam(m): 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
Oh my.......
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by fiverrwin(f): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
God save us Amen

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
Jesus christ!! Lord have mercy!! Wtf?? This is real heart breaking!! Btw these small buses are terrible, I avoid them like a plague when ever I'm travelling.. Especially on long distance journeys!! May God grant the families of the dead the fortitude to bear the loss of their loved ones!! Amen!! Real sad/sorry sad

5 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Guykhena(m): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
This Looks like an Horror Movie shiit,damn....
R.I.P to the rccg members Tho

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by purplekayc(m): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
There r a lot if stupid drivers on that route

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
CHRIST IN HEAVEN
LORD i knw am nad beta dan dem dat died
i want tu fank u fr my life

may they R.I.P

7 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
God have mercy
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Stevenjel: 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
God have mercies. Bad roads + bad drivers = casualties!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by benswagtt(m): 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
May d soul of d departed rest in peace!

May we al live long 2 c our children children children
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by JaypeeAnics(m): 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
God help us......may the dead rest in peace and the injured healed in jesus name .....Amen....(In baba's voice)

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Eyop: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lord have mercy, this is a disaster!!!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by CosmicSensation: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Damn embarassed sad cry
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by bosun11(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
May God continually preserve our lives amen.........

3 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by LMAyedun(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
OMG!!!! shocked
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Ademat7(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Jesusssssssssssss! May God grant their family d heart to bear d loss

2 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
lipsrsealed
What?!!!!!!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Kaxmytex(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ohhhhhhhh myyyyy G.......
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
lipsrsealed

Jesus
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by cold(m): 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Truly sad and tragic.Are we to assume these RCCG members who just met their gruesome demise failed to complete the 100 day fasting? Just thinking
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by proudlyme(m): 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
really heartbreaking...

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by datguru: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Chai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos / This Machine Can Wash Dangote Trucks, BRT, Luxurious Buses, Trailers In 6mins / Bulletproof Land Cruiser On Fire On Lokoja Road (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.