Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1225618 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lokodon(m): 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
Happy Sunday happy people
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by SirMethod1(m): 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
happy happy
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
So there has been a lot of debate about team structure at AC. From my past AC experience, I think familiarity with one another in the group beforehand helps a lot. The first day for us was just a briefing day, so we used that opportunity to get to know one another. By the next day which was the AC proper, we had a rough idea of who amongst us is best suited to what role. Consequently, it took us less than a minute to appoint a leader, a time keeper and a scribe. The way I figure, even if you don't get a whole day to familiarize, you can still make do as we did on the first day in the morning while we were waiting for the programme to start. Though I think another factor that helped us a lot was that we weren't that many. I heard someone mentioning 20 people per group. shocked That is what I call a lot.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
vantage7: So there has been a lot of debate about team structure at AC. From my past AC experience, I think familiarity with one another in the group beforehand helps a lot. The first day for us was just a briefing day, so we used that opportunity to get to know one another. By the next day which was the AC proper, we had a rough idea of who amongst us is best suited to what role. Consequently, it took us less than a minute to appoint a leader, a time keeper and a scribe. The way I figure, even if you don't get a whole day to familiarize, you can still make do as we did on the first day in the morning while we were waiting for the programme to start. Though I think another factor that helped us a lot was that we weren't that many. I heard someone mentioning 20 people per group. shocked That is what I call a lot.
Exactly, God bless you for this,...I was actually waiting for someone to say this....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
@PrinceofParis
I think it's 20 people per AC day not necessarily 20 people per AC group assessment.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
20 per group ke.... Can't be....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by mcpat(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
scarletdp: 20 per group ke.... Can't be....
re-read the 2007 thread, there were days where d number of candidates assessed where less than 20, but the max number of candidates was 20.. Each day consisted of two groups with the same number of people..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
WizardofOz1: @PrinceofParis
I think it's 20 people per AC day not necessarily 20 people per AC group assessment.
Yeah I know that, I was acknowledging another statement he made. Thanks for the headsup though.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lokodon(m): 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
20 per day. Then two groups , A1-A10 and B1-B10. That's by the 2007 thread. Getting acquainted is the most important unassessed task of the day. It wld definitely bring out the best in you. The question is, how do one get acquainted with 19 other persons before the activities of the day begin?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
lokodon: 20 per day. Then two groups , A1-A10 and B1-B10. That's by the 2007 thread. Getting acquainted is the most important unassessed task of the day. It wld definitely bring out the best in you. The question is, how do one get acquainted with 19 other persons before the activities of the day begin?

Yeeah..on point the numbers are good predictions leveraging from 2007 thread.....moreso pre-accessment interactions will help us know each other, our background(Discipline), Work experience and schools. Through this everyones capabilities with respect to roles to play during the group exercise will begin to surface depending on the type of CASE STUDY we are given to crack( Definitely an Engineering guy is likely to better lead a team for a building/Construction or design case study while someone with a touch of business experience and accounting will likely be good to lead a group for business solution profering or financial analysis case study). Therefore wen the real thing begins sharing of responsibilities wont be an issue. Thus active PRE-ACCESSMENT INTERACTION is a key its part of the AC experience.

AC group exercise can come in two forms....The accessors will either assign role based on the deliverables the participants are expected to deliver or they will leave the organization of the group to the team members. From my experience when role is assigned by the accessors, after some defined time, they rotate the role play amongst other team members to also see their performance in various role plays inorder to have a good judgment of every ones capabilities in the team. In this case every team member is expected to be vibrant in his or her role without ursurping another role in the process while at the same time making useful contributions. The performance matrix of that team member will be based on that role until it is changed to another.

However most times they may leave the organization to the team...they will just list out the expected responsibilities to be well defined then they leave the group to choose among themselves who should take a particular responsibility. In this case they wanna observe the teams intiuition, organizational abilities, swift decision making ability, cooperative and team work spirit. So pre-accessment interaction will make the decision making process easy that was what really helped me and my guys at my last AC experience. Take note no role will make you be at disadvantage( that is the fear of many, that is why the clamour to be the leader which most times wont play an active role but will just be organizing, mediating and approving ideas through consensus or any leadership style the group agrees on). So Just play your role very well and contribute meaningful while at the sametime recognizing other peoples position/responsibility in the team.

Moreso, Structuring the group depends on the group exercise given. If the group exercise involves building a structure maybe from some materials of construction that will be provided that day. Definitely you wont talk about having a Scribe. You will be talking about having something like

A Leader, Instructors, Builders, timekeeper and likely a negotiator.

If its a case study on maybe analysing a problem then providing a solution, Then maybe you have a Leader, Scribe, timekeeper etc. What ever the case the accessors will outline there expectation with respect to defined roles that needs be appointed by the team members. We should just be OPEN MINDED anything can just happen that day. Our intuition and Gods wisdom should help us figure out the best way the group should be structured depending on what is before us.

From my experience I have just attended only one AC which was my first and last and by Gods grace I made it with all my team members except one which was because she was so passive during the exercise, just nodding her head to what other group members brought-up whether correct or not ( The accessors highlighted that fact that day and that was how I knew.when we even resumed with other guys she was the only one missing). Though I was appointed to be the leader because they felt I had good background ideas and a good foundation that will get us forward ,I can say that what really helped us because we never heard any previous experience was that everyone was not so concerned with the title hanging on his head. We just remained faithful to our roles and maintained active contributions. Even what even moved us forward very fast was not even my idea at all...It was one of the team member that brought up something and I just acknowledged it as the leader recommended it to other guys..Sharp sharp we kept moving .To tell you the truth our deliverable was not perfect during our debrief and feedback but the accessors were looking at somethings................The ability to communicate effectively and passing intructions clearly(leaders expectation)...The ability to follow ground rules and intructions, the abilility to make contribution whether correct or not...Just bringup constructive ideas even when its not accepted....The ability to learn and ask for feedback something like maybe as the builder after finishing a task your leader instructed you to do, you say something like I am through, what next, did I get it right, is there any way I can do it better...etc.....Everything was looking like acting/drama to me........Also the ability to act with urgency and timekeeping because We were at competition with another different team that day in the same room.....also the ability for swift decision making process without much heated arguments...... organizational ability too of the leader to keep the team on track at all times. So what I can say is that Its a team thing....If everyone in a team collaborate, respect each others ideas and positions in the team, actively contribute and performs well...everyone in a team can make it. To me oooo just speculating benchmarking maybe team against team.....not your individual performance against your team except if your performance is so terrible and unacceptable like I illustrated above. So try to contribute and make your team perform the best. This is my humble take on this friends.

Best regards to all Wishing all of us all the best at the AC..GODS GRACE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
@All; let the familiarization begin from here... I do not know how because everyone is masked here. Someone should let the house know how familiarization can be done here. While we have the opportunity now, lets see how we can make use of it. Familiarization will help us to find out leaders who can represent groups.

regards all and happy sunday!!!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
Update4all , you can't tell if one would perform well by their contributions on here. Some of your team members might not be on NL. Am not against the idea of being familiar but it shouldn't be a determining factor in choosing leaders. I ll advice you don't even get too familiar because you might tend to agree with that person when he is going off point.if you would like to be a leader go for it, just make sure you are good at it.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 6:04am On Aug 18, 2014
UpdateAll: @All; let the familiarization begin from here... I do not know how because everyone is masked here. Someone should let the house know how familiarization can be done here. While we have the opportunity now, lets see how we can make use of it. Familiarization will help us to find out leaders who can represent groups.

regards all and happy sunday!!!

Unfortunately, it can't be done here. And it wasn't like we were interviewing one another like "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" We were basically just having a gist and through that we picked up a few things about one another. For instance there was this guy that had this "no time" attitude so we made him our timekeeper (plus I think he was one of only two people or so among us that wore a wrist-watch that day, which was the primary factor in our decision) and so in addition to contributing from time to time, he was "on our six" chasing us all through the group assignment so much he overdid it. You are not going to learn a lot about yourselves in a 30-minute period so just make do with the very little you are able to perceive. Again, that we were only a handful helped a lot in that respect.

So just chill and see how it goes on the d-day.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lokodon(m): 6:52am On Aug 18, 2014
For familiarization, I believe it wld be a lot easier if there would be a briefing day(as in SRD) where candidates would meet before the main assessment day. In this AC, I doubt if there would be such arrangement hence the the available times here wld be the waiting period before the first briefing and coffee break. I don't think lunch time would be useful because some of the activities must have taken place.
With these strategic times, the next task would be how to meet people that would probably want to do something else.
Here are some steps to making this easy:
1. Exchange pleasantries (Greetings).
2. Share your background info and ask to know theirs.
3. Get them on board by asking them for their group exercise strategy.
4. Share your views and experience on group exercises or ACs.
5. Harmonize what they think with your thoughts.
6. Talk about other things that situation may warrant.

It would be great to master the names of the other candidates by using them frequently in all conversations before the main thing. In getting acquainted, don't be bossy in your approach. Try and acknowledge early enough that everyone there is a guru.
To achieve most of these things, you have to get there early enough and stamp your presence. Sometimes, late arrival might give you little or no room to make friends.

Guys, you can add to or modify these suggestions.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 8:18am On Aug 18, 2014
lokodon: For familiarization, I believe it wld be a lot easier if there would be a briefing day(as in SRD) where candidates would meet before the main assessment day. In this AC, I doubt if there would be such arrangement hence the the available times here wld be the waiting period before the first briefing and coffee break. I don't think lunch time would be useful because some of the activities must have taken place.
With these strategic times, the next task would be how to meet people that would probably want to do something else.
Here are some steps to making this easy:
1. Exchange pleasantries (Greetings).
2. Share your background info and ask to know theirs.
3. Get them on board by asking them for their group exercise strategy.
4. Share your views and experience on group exercises or ACs.
5. Harmonize what they think with your thoughts.
6. Talk about other things that situation may warrant.

It would be great to master the names of the other candidates by using them frequently in all conversations before the main thing. In getting acquainted, don't be bossy in your approach. Try and acknowledge early enough that everyone there is a guru.
To achieve most of these things, you have to get there early enough and stamp your presence. Sometimes, late arrival might give you little or no room to make friends.

Guys, you can add to or modify these suggestions.
Thanks

Yea Yea @ Lokodon...powerful familiarization strategy nice one...Guys I suggest let us also bring up our views on the Presentation aspect of the AC. We have got a lot of brilliant ideas shared on this platform on group exercise. So Presentation way forward..........
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Thinking out loud.........

Going by NLNG's trend of sending invites a minimum 2wks before any event, the invitations for AC should have been sent if the AC would commence at the start of sept.

Hope the outbreak of the ebola virus has nothing to do with it.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
Happy Monday peeps.
I see the new topic now is FAMILIARIZATN.
Well, lemme set the ball rolling …

My name is …(you'll know my real name @AC ).
I am 24. With 2yrs of experience working with an ICT firm.
Specializatn: Computer Networks
Strong points : keen foresight
Weak points: not so good business acumen.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Una just dey write essay full here sha
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
ifycyril: Una just dey write essay full here sha
How about you break that barrier ?
Tell us more about yourself. Atleast we know your name : Ifeanyi? Cyril. Bt i'll call you C.Y grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Dpress: How about you break that barrier ?
Tell us more about yourself. Atleast we know your name : Ifeanyi? Cyril. Bt i'll call you C.Y grin

@Dpress funny ....hahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin @ Ceetee true talk bt nt realy..Ebola abeg oo...it cant be it sha... lets still give 1 week window i.e from next week ...with 2 weeks usual space....then AC likely to be from second week (guessing)...As we catch fun I suggest we shld also generate ideas for presentation aspect too
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Izontubo(m): 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
i need some answers my freinds,....is it possible that some of us were disqualified or were sent the regret mail because we wrote the nlng test with photocopied credentials or with an affidavit confirming misplacement of original credentials ....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Izontubo(m): 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
is there any one here that didnt present his or her original credentials for perusal that was invited for the assessment day? ...make ona answer me na... embarassed
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
Izontubo: is there any one here that didnt present his or her original credentials for perusal that was invited for the assessment day? ...make ona answer me na... embarassed

Please any kind hearted person in the house in this category should help this fellow for his clarification...I don't have answers to his Questns as my original papers were presented that day so evry thing went straight.....Pls guys help him with His ans. if you are in a position to ...

Best regards All. wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Izontubo(m): 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
Collintos:

Please any kind hearted person in the house in this category should help this fellow for his clarification...I don't have answers to his Questns as my original papers were presented that day so evry thing went straight.....Pls guys help him with His ans. if you are in a position to ...

Best regards All. wink

thanks bro...as at the time i wrote that test,i presented an affidavit showing my credentials were misplaced...but presently i have found them...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
I really also dont have an answer to your question, but sadly it wont change much anymore. Just move forward head held high and believe that there are greater things ahead. Worrying yourselves bout things like this wont let you let go so you can receive something better. All the best in the future.

Shalom!

Izontubo: is there any one here that didnt present his or her original credentials for perusal that was invited for the assessment day? ...make ona answer me na... embarassed
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by chuqqym: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hi Izo,

I don't think NLNG would penalise any candidate that tendered an affidavit in place of any missing document. For you to have written the shl test, it meant you were duly accredited.
However, this is just my opinion as I wrote mine after tendering all my original documents.
Please, If any other candidate wrote the test with an affidavit, kindly identify.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nice post guys...keep it up.. buh pls were is ARMANI NG AND GABRIEL..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Izontubo(m): 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
chuqqym: Hi Izo,

lI don't think NLNG would penalise any candidate that tendered an affidavit in place of any missing document. For you to have written the shl test, it meant you were duly accredited.
However, this is just my opinion as I wrote mine after tendering all my original documents.
Please, If any other candidate wrote the test with an affidavit, kindly identify.
i hope i was duly accredited in all...lets wait for others to see if actually anyone who tendered an affidavit was called for the assessment day,....remember there was a column in that register distinguishing those who had there originals and those who didnt have..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Izontubo(m): 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
artmedia: I really also dont have an answer to your question, but sadly it wont change much anymore. Just move forward head held high and believe that there are greater things ahead. Worrying yourselves bout things like this wont let you let go so you can receive something better. All the best in the future.

Shalom!

thanks bro...i have moved on a long time...i just really wanted to knw..its good to knw if that was why maybe i was disqualified...i know i did well in that test...thanks for ur encouragement bro...

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hey, is that a UDSS Badge that you used as a profile picture?

Dpress: Happy Monday peeps.
I see the new topic now is FAMILIARIZATN.
Well, lemme set the ball rolling …

My name is …(you'll know my real name @AC ).
I am 24. With 2yrs of experience working with an ICT firm.
Specializatn: Computer Networks
Strong points : keen foresight
Weak points: not so good business acumen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.