Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,237 members, 7,957,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1241812 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by excellentobanz(m): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
This is a living thread...just a pity that i did not receive SHL success mail feedback-unsuccessful
chuqqym: E don reach to ask "WHICH WAY NLNG?"...lol
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lokodon(m): 6:01am On Aug 21, 2014
It appears the certificate verification on now is for foreign trained candidates. Nothing from NLNG to my school(in Nigeria). For NYSC and schools at home, I believe the certificate verification would be after the AC. Hence, we can conclude that the reason for the seemly delay is the 'Ebola Phenomena'. I must commend the authorities at NLNG for their careful considerations. To support this inference, the interview for the experienced hires has been postponed indefinitely after an initial shift to end of this August. So, we can take our time and pray that Ebola die out of Nigeria so that the national state of emergency can be lifted because I sincerely don't see an AC in an emergency. While the wait to invites last, let's make good use of it.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by MaforBea(f): 7:31am On Aug 21, 2014
lokodon: It appears the certificate verification on now is for foreign trained candidates. Nothing from NLNG to my school(in Nigeria). For NYSC and schools at home, I believe the certificate verification would be after the AC. Hence, we can conclude that the reason for the seemly delay is the 'Ebola Phenomena'. I must commend the authorities at NLNG for their careful considerations. To support this inference, the interview for the experienced hires has been postponed indefinitely after an initial shift to end of this August. So, we can take our time and pray that Ebola die out of Nigeria so that the national state of emergency can be lifted because I sincerely don't see an AC in an emergency. While the wait to invites last, let's make good use of it.

Incorrect. AC has always been fingerd to be in September so we are right on schedule. Corporations can't just stop business process and decisions because of Ebola. I'm sure they'll put cautionary measures in place.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 21, 2014
PrinceofParis: And about the interview, its good to learn most of these stuffs so as not to be clueless 'just in case' sh*t decides to happen that day, thanks to google though.
I think the interview at the AC will be more of a 'strength based interview' than a 'competency based interview' considering that the opening is for graduate trainees.

Going thru the '07 thread @ the AC stage, I think Kuwena specifically said competency based interview but it was a bit off cos that particular post seemed like he'd Ctrl-V'ed it from some Webpage that describes Assessment Centre format.
Maybe it also depends on one's first degree cos some lil birds were saying not long ago that depending on the direction of the interview, some technical questions may be asked during the interview of Sci/Eng guys.
Also before the nairaland meltdown someone from the' 07 set graced this thread n offered sm advice for all 2013 hopefuls to mk sure to have a job by AC day, I keep forgetting who it was. Do u remember who it was??
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by LumiNG: 8:32am On Aug 21, 2014
WizardofOz1:
Do u remember who it was??

Aniffy4eva
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 21, 2014
LumiNG:

Aniffy4eva

Ok thanks.. Sad though, it seems the nairaland meltdown got that particular post too.

It's okay i guess. :-)
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lokodon(m): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2014
MaforBea:

Incorrect. AC has always been fingerd to be in September so we are right on schedule. Corporations can't just stop business process and decisions because of Ebola. I'm sure they'll put cautionary measures in place.

Ok o sis, I hope I am wrong. That's all we want. Am just being objective.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
WizardofOz1:

Going thru the '07 thread @ the AC stage, I think Kuwena specifically said competency based interview but it was a bit off cos that particular post seemed like he'd Ctrl-V'ed it from some Webpage that describes Assessment Centre format.
Maybe it also depends on one's first degree cos some lil birds were saying not long ago that depending on the direction of the interview, some technical questions may be asked during the interview of Sci/Eng guys.
Also before the nairaland meltdown someone from the' 07 set graced this thread n offered sm advice for all 2013 hopefuls to mk sure to have a job by AC day, I keep forgetting who it was. Do u remember who it was??
Very true bro, I have come to understand that it may be a mixture of both strength and competency. Considering the fact that some candidates here do not have a 'JOB' yet, some just finished or about to finish their Masters, it would seem unfair to be asking about job related questions from these folks for a GT opening. That been said, it shouldn't be an excuse for hopefuls not to be able to demonstrate required skills using past events/experiences as evidence. Definitely, questions that start with 'describe a time-; 'tell me a bout a time-' et al are requesting for competency in line with some specific skills, passion and motivation. Even if one doesn't have a good job in hand, that person should try as much as possible to remember the most important occasion(s) where he/she used such skills effectively.
Hopefully, it will be a life changing experience at the AC.
About the verification of documents/Ebola outbreak saga, we can't change the time schedule of NLNG. Even if they decides to run the AC in July, 2015, I am sure many of us will still wait for them as we build on with our current jobs and skills. So as for me, what I'm waiting for is AC invite, whenever it comes, I will give it my best.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
@PrinceofParis
Very true, I reckon what they're after is structure-
In our responses when asked behavioral questions by structuring our story using the star method or in the group exercise by arriving at our great decisions orderly, same wv presentations where we're expected to arrange our thoughts concisely and logically. Truth is any Tom or Harry can stumble into a solution but structure shows you did it on purpose and odds r that your show of brilliance is repeatable and as such hiring you and I becomes a decision they're comfortable with.
Whenever NLNG is ready, we have no choice but be ready to live out God's excellent script for our lives.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
WizardofOz1: @PrinceofParis
Very true, I reckon what they're after is structure-
In our responses when asked behavioral questions by structuring our story using the star method or in the group exercise by arriving at our great decisions orderly, same wv presentations where we're expected to arrange our thoughts concisely and logically. Truth is any Tom or Harry can stumble into a solution but structure shows you did it on purpose and odds r that your show of brilliance is repeatable and as such hiring you and I becomes a decision they're comfortable with.
Whenever NLNG is ready, we have no choice but be ready to live out God's excellent script for our lives.

Thanks.
Cool bro and thumbs up @STAR/CAR method,...
Best regards bro.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
Don't be suprised if peeps without real work experience don't make it .
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
PrinceofParis:
Cool bro and thumbs up @STAR/CAR method,...
Best regards bro.

Just passing-by....... Ebola abeg oo....smiles cheesy cheesy cheesy....For further clarification

I understand the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format is a job interview technique used by interviewers to gather all the relevant information about a specific capability that the job requires

What of CAR? @ Wizard of OZ. Please help clarify...

Best regards all
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
@collintos
It's gotten from Shell's CAR criteria:

Capacity (eg to ‘learn quickly, identify issues and propose solutions’)

Achievement (having achievements outside your studies)

Relationship (being able to work well with different types of people)

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ibrog: 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
Collintos:

Just passing-by....... Ebola abeg oo....smiles cheesy cheesy cheesy....For further clarification

I understand the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format is a job interview technique used by interviewers to gather all the relevant information about a specific capability that the job requires

Best regards all

C: Capacity - Ability to place problems in a wide but relevant perspective
A: Achievement - Ability to get things done
R: Relationship - Ability to work efficiently with others in a team

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
ibrog:

Ohhh...Thankzz my mind didn't go there...... @ ibrog and Wizard of oz Thankz for ur clarification. wink Good Job

My regards
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 4:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
Na today na I know say I be riri aprentis (omo-ise)...see as una dey disect and I dey look like Lucozade bottle. Make I go bring higher education dey copy lesson note.

I think it is going to be a competency based interview.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by drebabu: 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
It is possible in exactly 12mins as stated, very very possible

airsaylongcon:

For the group work, it is crucial to have some kind of team structure and leadership o! At my only AC experience, we just kept rambling and rambling without heading in any direction. Disaster. Group work exercise is not really about the loquacious. I believe it is about making meaningful contributions, accepting superior ideas while tactfully turning down weak ones. And open your mouth and talk!!! I was forming posh intellectual boy...the outcome nobi here

Example group activity:
There are 4 people Audu,Amaka,Adeyinka and Adesuwa who HAVE TO cross a crocodile infested river at night using a bridge. They have a torch that is absolutely required to see. Audu can cross the bridge alone in a minute while Amaka requires two minutes. Adeyinka requires 5 minutes while Adesuwa needs 7 whole minutes to perform the same feat. The bridge can accommodate a maximum of 2 people simultaneously. If two people are crossing, they can only move at the speed of the slowest person.

Devise a means whereby ALL parties cross the bridge in under 12minutes

(We had to vocalize our ideas with other group members and we DID NOT solve it even though the assessors insisted there was a solution)

Edit:
You require the torch to cross the bridge and the torch CANNOT be tossed back across the bridge
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by mcpat(m): 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
ibrog:

Wrong,
C= context
A=action
R= result
and
S=Situation
T=task
A=action
R=result
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
Collintos:

Best regards all
CAR is just like STAR- Challenge, Action, Result
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
majekdom2: Don't be suprised if peeps without real work experience don't make it .
That will be unfair especially to those that have the desired skills and passion for the industry, but truth be told, you just said the reality of the situation.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
PrinceofParis:
CAR is just like STAR- Challenge, Action, Result

That's true as well..

However, @mcpat I was talking abt Shell's standards for their SRD. Yours and PrinceofParis' version of CAR is quite correct.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
mcpat:
Wrong,
C= context
A=action
R= result
and
S=Situation
T=task
A=action
R=result

Woow @ Mcpat and Prince of paris......Seems CAR has multifaceted acceptable explanations .... Your answers look comparable and close......hmmm....Nice one for the correction. Thankz
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by wroskian(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
I learnt and I'm still learning alot from this thread...
Shoutout to Sql, Etfash, PoP, Stacy, Tolu, SegunMike and other great minds too numerous to mention as you await invites for AC.

Just as it is in civil cases, where the side which builds the best case wins, try to give NLNG the reason(s) to hire you. Preponderance of evidence is key in ACs, build the best case for yourselves.
Truth be told, some brilliant people will not make it to the medicals, that sounds unfair, vicissitudes of life it is, if you ask me. I wish you all success from the bottom of my heart.

For many people like me who didn't make it to this stage, a word for you: When GOOD things fall apart, BETTER things fall in line. God will settle you wherever your green pasture is, so keep your end up.

"The history of the world is full of men who rose to leadership by sheer force of self-confidence, bravery, and tenacity." Mahatma Gandhi

CHEERS.

PS: Where's Dmainman, Obidadon, Rawdeal and Aphrodite.

6 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
This group has taught me a lot.............one of which is the maturity of paticipants on this thread.....i have been an onlooker for too long, it's tym to come out of my shell..............shoutout to all u peeps.........and #BTW, i think i m in love with Dplacement wink wink grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
enito: This group has taught me a lot.............one of which is the maturity of paticipants on this thread.....i have been an onlooker for too long, it's tym to come out of my shell..............shoutout to all u peeps.........and #BTW, i think i m in love with Dplacement wink wink grin
Due to Ebola
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
enito: This group has taught me a lot.............one of which is the maturity of paticipants on this thread.....i have been an onlooker for too long, it's tym to come out of my shell..............shoutout to all u peeps.........and #BTW, i think i m in love with Dplacement wink wink grin
Due to Ebola wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2014
enito: This group has taught me a lot.............#BTW, i think i m in love with Dplacement wink wink grin
How would you like to spend 14yrs of your life in Kirikiri?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by charlsecy(m): 11:15am On Aug 23, 2014
Please when will NLNG conduct another recruitment? I can't wait to work in that company!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Lewinskee: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
charlsecy: Please when will NLNG conduct another recruitment? I can't wait to work in that company!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
Dpress:
How would you like to spend 14yrs of your life in Kirikiri?
how many convicts of this crime have you heard of ? Thoe guys are having their good times.... do laws work in this country ?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
charlsecy: Please when will NLNG conduct another recruitment? I can't wait to work in that company!
Lol..Is it the company you love or the money they pay?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
kenosky: Page 70 and Assessment centre hasn't even started. Wow! shocked Kudos ladies and gentlemen. To the question asked above, Nigeria LNG has her Head office at Intels camp, Port Harcourt. There's the ISB/OSB (Integrated Support Base & Operational Support Base) at Amadi Ama also in PH and the Plant Complex in Bonny Island also in Rivers state. There is a liaison office in London and the Head office annex in Abuja. To all the successful candidates, kudos and best of luck. To all those who wouldn't be at the Assessment centre, it's not the end of the road. You're most likely destined for even greater things...

@Kenosky; thanks for validating my point 2 weeks ago, it shows that you are on the job already. We are looking forward to dine with you soon at the promise land.

During your AC in 2007, we understand that there was a group work, a presentation and a personal interview. My questions are as follows;

1. After the Group work, will the lead of the group present the work to the Assessors or how was it done.
2. Presentation; how was this done? did you guys prepare power point slides in a PC (Personal Computer) or DC (Desktop Computer)? if that was not the way you did it, kindly brief us on how you organized your presentation. Thanks for your anticipated response.

PS: I understand that Kenosky maybe having a tight schedule but we will appreciate his response. If not, anyone in the house that knows how those tasks were carried out in 2007 should kindly let us know.

Happy weekend Hopefuls

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.