Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:33 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1241553 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
UpdateAll:

@Kenosky; thanks for validating my point 2 weeks ago, it shows that you are on the job already. We are looking forward to dine with you soon at the promise land.

During your AC in 2007, we understand that there was a group work, a presentation and a personal interview. My questions are as follows;

1. After the Group work, will the lead of the group present the work to the Assessors or how was it done.
2. Presentation; how was this done? did you guys prepare power point slides in a PC (Personal Computer) or DC (Desktop Computer)? if that was not the way you did it, kindly brief us on how you organized your presentation. Thanks for your anticipated response.

PS: I understand that Kenosky maybe having a tight schedule but we will appreciate his response. If not, anyone in the house that knows how those tasks were carried out in 2007 should kindly let us know.

Happy weekend Hopefuls
Good day,
From my understanding, I think the group work was done as a group while the assessors did their job by assessing how candidates performed. Skills set would have been related against a score card for each candidate. As for the presentation, from the 2007 thread I think a Flip chart was used. This doesn't mean 2014 will be exactly the same thing as 2007. 7 years is a long time.
Greetings.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 24, 2014
PrinceofParis:
Good day,
From my understanding, I think the group work was done as a group while the assessors did their job by assessing how candidates performed. Skills set would have been related against a score card for each candidate. As for the presentation, from the 2007 thread I think a Flip chart was used. This doesn't mean 2014 will be exactly the same thing as 2007. 7 years is a long time.
Greetings.

@PrinceofParis; thanks a lot and happy Sunday to you and your fam.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by nomapatricks(m): 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
airsaylongcon:

For the group work, it is crucial to have some kind of team structure and leadership o! At my only AC experience, we just kept rambling and rambling without heading in any direction. Disaster. Group work exercise is not really about the loquacious. I believe it is about making meaningful contributions, accepting superior ideas while tactfully turning down weak ones. And open your mouth and talk!!! I was forming posh intellectual boy...the outcome nobi here

Example group activity:

There are 4 people Audu,Amaka,Adeyinka and Adesuwa who HAVE TO cross a crocodile infested river at night using a bridge. They have a torch that is absolutely required to see. Audu can cross the bridge alone in a minute while Amaka requires two minutes. Adeyinka requires 5 minutes while Adesuwa needs 7 whole minutes to perform the same feat. The bridge can accommodate a maximum of 2 people simultaneously. If two people are crossing, they can only move at the speed of the slowest person.

Devise a means whereby ALL parties cross the bridge in under 12minutes

(We had to vocalize our ideas with other group members and we DID NOT solve it even though the assessors insisted there was a solution)

Edit:

You require the torch to cross the bridge and the torch CANNOT be tossed back across the bridge

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
nomapatricks:

Adeyinka (5min) & Adesuwa(7min) cross 1st= 7min down
Audu(1min) crosses to meet them= 1min down
Audu(1min) collect the torch and crosses back = 1min down
Audu(1min) & Amaka(2min) then cross to meet Adeyinka and Adesuwa= 2min down.

Total= 11mins

Audu can't cross to meet them (to collect the torch) without a torch

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by nomapatricks(m): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
Zelinjo:

yeah Zelinjo, you r right! It escaped my mind!!
Crossing successfully under d given conditions is only possible in 14 mins, NEVER in 12mins!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by charlsecy(m): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
okeyjames:
Lol..Is it the company you love or the money they pay?
Money answereth all things!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
Zelinjo:

audu and ade crosses = 2mins.
They either shine the torch for others or throw the torch over for others.
Adeyinka and co, now Cross es = 7mins.

Total = 9mins

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Djbaka(m): 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
Dpress: audu and ade crosses = 2mins.
They either shine the torch for others or throw the torch over for others.
Adeyinka and co, now Cross es = 7mins.

Total = 9mins
@Dpress: Nice work you've done here, but it seems you did not consider the fact that the Exercise question stipulated that the torch CANNOT be tossed back across the bridge. Also, shinning the torch for them looks a little bit unfeasible because the bridge might not be straight ahead, and besides, the torch might be shinning on their faces making difficult for them to see further forward. You might want to device another means.

@drebabu: You only quoted @airsaylongcon (the guy who posted the exercise) and said it is possible for the four guys to cross the bridge in 12minutes under the conditions. You didn't tell us HOW! I implore you to share your idea here.

@nomapatricks: I believe Zelinjo quoted you appropriately as regards to what you didn't put into consideration before you arrived at your proposed solution to the exercise.

I've actually tried and the lowest time I arrived at was 16minutes. I believe there's a solution which I believe we here posses the mental wherewithal to think decipher. It begins NOW!!

Goodluck people.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
stacydual: For my 1st post, if I offended anyone with my write up or information; It was not on purpose. I followed this post once in a while, but was not a fan. I am just being honest - In Future's voice

Crocodile Infested River - Bridge crossing

I believe the critical words/Phrases there are:
Torch absolutely needed
2People at the slowest person's pace

From all permutations and combination I have been able to come up with the fact that we can't cross this bridge at that time with this stipulated conditions which cannot be clarified by our Invigilators. Prineofparis was spot on with my own analysis/calculations, but I have come to understand Ceetee,s proposition. So I believe Ceetee's Idea of presenting the case is favourable.

ANALYSIS and QUESTIONS we should ask ourselves: NO length or breadth of bridge was given, No condition of the bridge was given (Broken, old, half-completed, built with concrete or rafts), NO mode of crossing was stipulated (Running or walking), No Age or conditions of the participants were mentioned (Healthy, cripples, Phobia) ... So we do not have these information. So if we make do of what we have Ceetee's Idea is ok by me, but any other person with other ideas no matter how crazy it might sound should please come up with it as we are working against Time.

SCOPE WAS LIMITED AND WE CANT JUST MAKE ASSUMPTIONS, Imagine this:
(For example: if Audu can run and Adeyinka is crippld, it means Adeyinka can only walk on the bridge to hold both sids depending on what kind of bridge it is. But if she is to cross with Audu who can Run, Audu will have to hold the torch and help her to cross and that's why they will cross at Adeyinka's pace)

@Stacydual; you made great analysis here. Everyone should understand that answers to some questions are not possible (cannot say as we may find in some of our Verbal Aptitude tests). With the information provided by airsaylongcon, 4 persons cannot cross the bridge in less than 12minutes unless one will break the rule (if it is ok then several ways can be used to travel across the bridge in less than 12 minutes) or the question is lacking in details.

regards
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by kennedyugo: 7:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
Why not one person shines the torch for others to cross. At least no matter how long the bridge is, they'll be able to walk greater extent with the light. That makes it possible to cross in just 9 mins. Or perhaps 12 mins, whatever the combination you want to use
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by nomapatricks(m): 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
Djbaka: @Dpress: Nice work you've done here, but it seems you did not consider the fact that the Exercise question stipulated that the torch CANNOT be tossed back across the bridge. Also, shinning the torch for them looks a little bit unfeasible because the bridge might not be straight ahead, and besides, the torch might be shinning on their faces making difficult for them to see further forward. You might want to device another means.

@drebabu: You only quoted @airsaylongcon (the guy who posted the exercise) and said it is possible for the four guys to cross the bridge in 12minutes under the conditions. You didn't tell us HOW! I implore you to share your idea here.

@nomapatricks: I believe Zelinjo quoted you appropriately as regards to what you didn't put into consideration before you arrived at your proposed solution to the exercise.

I've actually tried and the lowest time I arrived at was 16minutes. I believe there's a solution which I believe we here posses the mental wherewithal to think decipher. It begins NOW!!

Goodluck people.

i had a lowest of 14mins. Let me put d step maybe someone can help trim it down further:

Audu(1min) and Amaka(2min) cross=2mins down.
Audu(1min) crosses back with the torch=1min down
Adeyinka(5mins) and Adesuwa(7mins) cross=7mins down
Amaka(2mins) crosses back with d torch = 2mins down
Audu(1min) and Amaka(2mins) finally cross the bridge = 2mins down.

Total time=14mins.

I think this is the lowest time within wich d crossing can be achieved given d conditions.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by FGUN14: 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
Best wishes to everyone in this new week.
Hoping that the long wait comes to an end, and the dreams comes true.

Cheers!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2014
drebabu: It is possible in exactly 12mins as stated, very very possible

Waoh! I am suprised to see the thread lighting up with that bridge crossing question. Please can you share you ideas on how to get it done in 12mins
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Here's a little something to scratch the brain

The war in WALESIA is over and a fragile peace has been negotiated. Six years of war have left the population with bombed houses, a ruined infrastructure and a fear of continuing partisan activity. You and Neil Saunders travel to the country to join the staff of a small but efficient charity. The charity runs the Walesia Winter Aid Programme (WWAP) and aims to deliver much needed supplies and medicines to isolated northern
regions, especially to medical centres and orphanages.

You arrive in the town of TARDUS on Sunday 21 November and find yourself assigned to a team led by Tim Sanderson. He tells you that there is a briefing at 1800 hours and asks you and Neil to attend. Having settled into makeshift accommodation you join the others. Tim introduces you to his team, Aldo Hunter, an engineer, Clive Robbins, and Lucy Farmer who is a nurse. They are delighted you have arrived to replace two other
volunteers who were injured in a traffic accident. The introductions over, the briefing begins. The last convoy of the year will leave tomorrow at 0900 hours. Essential supplies of blankets and winter clothing will be taken in 3 trucks; medical supplies will be carried in 2 landrovers and one truck. The convoy will travel the 225 miles along route 930 to the medical centre and orphanage at REBITZ. It will stop for 30 minutes at the small village of TARZA some 150 miles away. The landrovers will be driven by Lucy and you. The weather forecast is poor, storms, freezing temperatures and the possibility of snow. The aim is to deliver the supplies to REBITZ by 1830 hours which is 30 minutes after last light.

The journey starts off well and you keep to the scheduled timings but by the time you reach TARZA at 1500 hours your landrover and 2 trucks, one of which is carrying medical supplies, need to stop at a garage for repairs. Tim decides to leave you, Neil and Aldo to do the work and then to carry on to REBITZ in the morning. Before he leaves Tim places you in charge and says he will telephone the garage later in the evening;
he hopes you will not need your first-aid experience. Aldo tells you that the truck is using too much fuel and that if 4 wheel drive has to be engaged consumption will drop by half from 8 mpg. The tank holds 38 gallons.

At 2020 hours Tim telephones on a bad line. He tells you that Route 930 is hazardous and weather conditions are worsening. At BRAGAH he was told that the doctor is visiting some remote villages but they hoped he would return by midday on Tuesday. The Tizdach Forest road has a reasonable surface but it is likely to be used by refugees. As a result your speed would be reduced to 15 mph; in addition the partisans are thought to be using the woods for cover. To the east there is a motorable track: although it is heavily cratered, you should be able to manage 10 mph in 4 wheel drive. The Karda Bridge was blown up by partisans last month, but has been repaired, albeit temporarily. The situation in REBITZ is horrendous, a fire has damaged the medical centre and orphanage and Lucy says that the medical supplies must arrive by 1500 hours if not before. Tim tells you not to travel at night but to leave at first light which is at 0720 hours. The route is up to you but as
there is no petrol in REBITZ you must take the return journey into account.

You think about the best route to take and set off at dawn, telling the others you will make a final decision on the route when you reach the junction 20 miles north of TARZA. Nearing the junction your eyes are drawn to the side of the road. Slowing down you see a woman and 2 children, aged about 3 and 5. They are weak, emaciated and bleeding. Just before the woman passes out she begs you to save her children. You recognise the signs of hypothermia and realise you must act quickly.

Requirement
Assess the problem along the following lines
Aims
Factors which Affect the plan
Deductions
Courses which you considered (Reasons for accepting/Rejecting them)
Courses which you adopted including exact timings

Allow 30 minutes for any immediate action you feel you should take.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
The solution to the bridge-crossing question was stated a while back on this thread by a certain brilliant individual.

1) AUDU (1min) + AMAKA (2mins) - Amaka (holding the torch) gets to the middle of the bridge in 1min (i.e half the time it takes for her to cross the bridge's full-length) by the time Amaka is at the middle of the bridge, Audu has completed his crossing (i.e 1min).

2) AMAKA turns back at the middle of the bridge back to the beginning (1min) and hands the torch to Adesuwa/Adeyinka.

N.B: - Amaka walks to mid-bridge (1min) and then walks to the beginning (1min) - Total (2mins)

3) ADEYINKA (5mins) + ADESUWA (7mins) cross the bridge in 7mins and hand the torch to Audu.

4) AUDU crosses back in 1min with the torch

5) AUDU (1min) + AMAKA(2mins) cross to the other side of the bridge with the torch.

TOTAL:- 2mins + 7mins + 1min + 2mins = 12mins

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
AyaFash: The solution to the bridge-crossing question was stated a while back on this thread by a certain brilliant individual.

1) AUDU (1min) + AMAKA (2mins) - Amaka (holding the torch) gets to the middle of the bridge in 1min (i.e half the time it takes for her to cross the bridge's full-length) by the time Amaka is at the middle of the bridge, Audu has completed his crossing (i.e 1min).

2) AMAKA turns back at the middle of the bridge back to the beginning (1min) and hands the torch to Adesuwa/Adeyinka.

N.B: - Amaka walks to mid-bridge (1min) and then walks to the beginning (1min) - Total (2mins)

3) ADEYINKA (5mins) + ADESUWA (7mins) cross the bridge in 7mins and hand the torch to Audu.

5) AUDU (1min) + AMAKA(2mins) cross to the other side of the bridge with the torch.

Wonderful attempt....however, the rules say that when two people are crossing they do so at the pace of the slower person, so in response to your step 1), by the time Amaka is at the middle of the bridge, Audu will ALSO be at the middle of the bridge. So Audu will need another 30 seconds to finish crossing which makes your total 12.5 minutes. Plus you are assuming that it is possible for the light of the torch to reach the end of the bridge from the middle (which is the only way Audu can successfully cross to the end of the bridge while Amaka who is holding the torch is at the middle). But like I said, brilliant attempt.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
AyaFash: The solution to the bridge-crossing question was stated a while back on this thread by a certain brilliant individual.

I have looked at this from different ways. This analysis and answer serves best thus far since the Engineering design details of the bridge with respect to the length, Design structure, material of construction etc isn't specified...thus this if fine . Thumbs up Ayafash. wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
@Vantage7 and Collintos.......Thanks for the compliments however I can't take credit for the answer.....Some brilliant chap/lady posted it on one of the previous page of this thread!

@Airsaylongcon.......Brb - need to study the question properly.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 2:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
AyaFash: @Vantage7 and Collintos.......Thanks for the compliments however I can't take credit for the answer.....Some brilliant chap/lady posted it on one of the previous page of this thread!

@Airsaylongcon.......Brb - need to study the question properly.

Take ya tym...in the assessment where I got that from, the candidates where required to complete it in 30mins
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
@airsaylongcon is this a presentation or group exercise?
Speed of range rover was not given and its fuel usage?
That by the way, if I am to work with this;
Aims- to deliver the supplies to ROBITZ by tuesday 1500hrs
- to Reserve enough fuel for the return trip back to TARDUS for the entire convoy or for one good enough the go back and get fuel supplies from TARDUS so the entire convoy can make the trip.
- to render first Aid to the woman and her children and get them SAFELY to the nearest hospital in operation.

PlAN
At junction 20, pick up woman and children in Range Rover, Render first aid
Range rover which I am driving will take the 12 mile road to junction X while Aldo and Neil continue on route 930.
Reason for this action is because;
1- the patients in the range rover show sign of having hypothermia and for this reason I will be avoiding the bad weather conditions on Route 930( I considered the Doctor at BRAGAH, but the information of his being available was skeptical and I wouldn't take such a risk)
2- the Karda bridge has just been temporarily fixed so it may not support the weight of the trucks if they take the same route.
3- fuel consumption will be excessive using a 4 wheel drive for the trucks if they take same route.

Both Aldo and Neil would arrive at REBITZ at 1220hrs and use approximately 9.4gallons each driving on 2 wheel at 15mph and 8mpg for the entire 75mile trip from TARZA to REBITZ. This leaves 28.6Gallons of fuel for the return trip for each truck.
Aldo and Neil can use part of the Winter and blanket supply+ the medical supply if need be in the bad weather while on route 930
I on the other hand drive through the far east Road and get the people having hypothermia to the hospital at REBITZ.

The fuel in the trucks will be enough to make the return trip.

The middle road will not be a good option because of the likelihood of partisan attack in the forest and Delay on the road due to presence of refugees.

Many other reasons can make other possible routes good or bad too. Attempting the problem on phone isn't really helping...

Nice one bro.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Phew...okay.

The aims are basically two: to get the supplies safely and successfully to the medical centre at REBITZ latest 1500hrs on Tuesday. Secondly, to get that woman and her children medical attention (we are a humanitarian organization so we can't ignore them)

So, I'm in charge of half the convoy (a land rover and two trucks) that had to stop over at TARZA. We set off the next morning at 0720. By the time we reached the junction 20 miles ahead we must have spent 0.8 hours or 48 mins (time=distance/average speed=20mi/25mph=0.8hrs, and I got the 25mph convoy average speed by dividing the 150mi distance from TARDUS to TARZA by the 6hrs it took i.e. from 0900 to 1500). So now the time is 0808hrs.

And as for fuel consumption, by the time we reached the junction 20 miles ahead, the trucks, which are the main concern because they typically consume more fuel, must have consumed 2.5gals (20mi/8mpg=2.5gals, 8mpg is the normal fuel consumption for the trucks).

Now, at the junction, I take 30mins to give the woman first aid and carry them all in my truck because they need to go to the hospital for proper medical care. So it is now 0838hrs. Now I'm tempted to follow route 930 because it is the normal route and there is a hospital along it at BRAGAH just 35mi ahead where this family can get medical attention. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about fuel since it is the route the convoy usually follows and there's not been any mention of fuel concerns prior and the road is good so no need for 4wd.

So my only concern will be time given the dire situation at REBITZ and the resulting new urgency. So if we took route 930, the 35+20 miles journey will take us 2.2hrs (i.e. 55mi/25mph) or 2hrs 12mins, then add 30mins for dropping the family off at the hospital in BRAGAH which makes the time taken 2hrs 42 mins. So if we left the junction at 0838hrs, we will arrive REBITZ at 1120hrs, very much on schedule.

However, the route is hazardous and weather conditions are worsening and we might encounter storms and snow which is risky from a road safety perspective, and remember two members of the team were recently involved in a traffic accident which is even why I'm here. And why the rush? Okay, I remember I have a family with me needing medical care. But then even if I get them to BRAGAH at around 1032hrs they would still have to wait for around an hour and a half best case scenario for the doctor who has gone to some nearby villages. And his return on time is uncertain. What if he gets held up say by the weather? EDIT: plus the patients have hypothermia so cold weather (which is the condition along the route 930 including BRAGAH) is their enemy. (Thanks to @PrinceofParis for pointing that out)

This is my analysis of plan A.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
PrinceofParis: @airsaylongcon is this a presentation or group exercise?
Speed of range rover was not given and its fuel usage?
That by the way, if I am to work with this;
Aims- to deliver the supplies to ROBITZ by tuesday 1500hrs
- to Reserve enough fuel for the return trip back to TARDUS for the entire convoy or for one good enough the go back and get fuel supplies from TARDUS so the entire convoy can make the trip.
- to render first Aid to the woman and her children and get them SAFELY to the nearest hospital in operation.

PlAN
At junction 20, pick up woman and children in Range Rover, Render first aid
Range rover which I am driving will take the 12 mile road to junction X while Aldo and Neil continue on route 930.
Reason for this action is because;
1- the patients in the range rover show sign of having hypothermia and for this reason I will be avoiding the bad weather conditions on Route 930( I considered the Doctor at BRAGAH, but the information of his being available was skeptical and I wouldn't take such a risk)
2- the Karda bridge has just been temporarily fixed so it may not support the weight of the trucks if they take the same route.
3- fuel consumption will be excessive using a 4 wheel drive for the trucks if they take same route.

Both Aldo and Neil would arrive at REBITZ at 1220hrs and use approximately 9.4gallons each driving on 2 wheel at 15mph and 8mpg for the entire 75mile trip from TARZA to REBITZ. This leaves 28.6Gallons of fuel for the return trip for each truck.
Aldo and Neil can use part of the Winter and blanket supply+ the medical supply if need be in the bad weather while on route 930
I on the other hand drive through the far east Road and get the people having hypothermia to the hospital at REBITZ.

The fuel in the trucks will be enough to make the return trip.

The middle road will not be a good option because of the likelihood of partisan attack in the forest and Delay on the road due to presence of refugees.

Many other reasons can make other possible routes good or bad too. Attempting the problem on phone isn't really helping...

Nice one bro.

Na group exercise but I dey take am as presentation. What other options did you consider and why did you rule them out?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
I think it is a case study/presentation rather than a group exercise from my experience.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
airsaylongcon:

Na group exercise but I dey take am as presentation. What other options did you consider and why did you rule them out?
I will need more info as stated above.
Like how fast does the truck travel naturally on 2 wheel?
Also the top speed of the range rover
I considered everybody taking route 930 but worry for the lives of the hypothermia patients in the bad weather and since lucy called on a 'bad telephone line', I may not have heard her completely when she said the doctor at bragah 'MIGHT BE' around by mid day. What if I get to Bragah and the doctor is not around?
The Other routes for the trucks and range rover have been treated from my own POV,..@last comment....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Then plan B.

From the junction we head straight north on the Tizdach Forest road and we meet refugees on the road. We slow down to 15mph and the 54mi journey takes us 3.6hrs or 3hrs 36mins. So leaving the junction at 0838hrs we should arrive REBITZ at 1214hrs. Well within schedule. And as for fuel, if it wasn't an issue for the other half of the convoy that went via route 930, it won't be for us as this route is a mile shorter. But then, what if the partisans ambush us?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
airsaylongcon: Here's a little something to scratch the brain
The war in WALESIA is over and a fragile peace has been negotiated. Six years of war have left the population with bombed houses, a ruined infrastructure and a fear of continuing partisan activity. You and Neil Saunders travel to the country to join the staff of a small but efficient charity. The charity runs the Walesia Winter Aid Programme (WWAP) and aims to deliver much needed supplies and medicines to isolated northern
regions, especially to medical centres and orphanages.
You arrive in the town of TARDUS on Sunday 21 November and find yourself assigned to a team led by Tim Sanderson. He tells you that there is a briefing at 1800 hours and asks you and Neil to attend. Having settled into makeshift accommodation you join the others. Tim introduces you to his team, Aldo Hunter, an engineer, Clive Robbins, and Lucy Farmer who is a nurse. They are delighted you have arrived to replace two other
volunteers who were injured in a traffic accident. The introductions over, the briefing begins. The last convoy of the year will leave tomorrow at 0900 hours. Essential supplies of blankets and winter clothing will be taken in 3 trucks; medical supplies will be carried in 2 landrovers and one truck. The convoy will travel the 225 miles along route 930 to the medical centre and orphanage at REBITZ. It will stop for 30 minutes at the small village of TARZA some 150 miles away. The landrovers will be driven by Lucy and you. The weather forecast is poor, storms, freezing temperatures and the possibility of snow. The aim is to deliver the supplies to REBITZ by 1830 hours which is 30 minutes after last light.
The journey starts off well and you keep to the scheduled timings but by the time you reach TARZA at 1500 hours your landrover and 2 trucks, one of which is carrying medical supplies, need to stop at a garage for repairs. Tim decides to leave you, Neil and Aldo to do the work and then to carry on to REBITZ in the morning. Before he leaves Tim places you in charge and says he will telephone the garage later in the evening;
he hopes you will not need your first-aid experience. Aldo tells you that the truck is using too much fuel and that if 4 wheel drive has to be engaged consumption will drop by half from 8 mpg. The tank holds 38 gallons.
At 2020 hours Tim telephones on a bad line. He tells you that Route 930 is hazardous and weather conditions are worsening. At BRAGAH he was told that the doctor is visiting some remote villages but they hoped he would return by midday on Tuesday. The Tizdach Forest road has a reasonable surface but it is likely to be used by refugees. As a result your speed would be reduced to 15 mph; in addition the partisans are thought to be using the woods for cover. To the east there is a motorable track: although it is heavily cratered, you should be able to manage 10 mph in 4 wheel drive. The Karda Bridge was blown up by partisans last month, but has been repaired, albeit temporarily. The situation in REBITZ is horrendous, a fire has damaged the medical centre and orphanage and Lucy says that the medical supplies must arrive by 1500 hours if not before. Tim tells you not to travel at night but to leave at first light which is at 0720 hours. The route is up to you but as
there is no petrol in REBITZ you must take the return journey into account.
You think about the best route to take and set off at dawn, telling the others you will make a final decision on the route when you reach the junction 20 miles north of TARZA. Nearing the junction your eyes are drawn to the side of the road. Slowing down you see a woman and 2 children, aged about 3 and 5. They are weak, emaciated and bleeding. Just before the woman passes out she begs you to save her children. You recognise the signs of hypothermia and realise you must act quickly.
Requirement
Assess the problem along the following lines
Aims
Factors which Affect the plan
Deductions
Courses which you considered (Reasons for accepting/Rejecting them)
Courses which you adopted including exact timings
Allow 30 minutes for any immediate action you feel you should take.

Mehn make all of dem die... Ah ahnnn wetin sef... Mehn me n some ppl no dey d same level ooo.... See intimidation... Anyhw sha Baba God dey...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
scarletdp:

Mehn make all of dem die... Ah ahnnn wetin sef... Mehn me n some ppl no dey d same level ooo.... See intimidation... Anyhw sha Baba God dey...

ROTFL
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
vantage7: I think it is a case study/presentation rather than a group exercise from my experience.

Just double checked my source, it's a case study. It's actually a sample screening for officer cadets
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
scarletdp:

Lwkmd, bros abeg calm down, all this one for here no mean..na AC be koko!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.