Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World (654 Views)

Robert Powell Said I Am Not Jesus Christ But Just An Actor. / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by BERNIMOORE: 12:48am On Oct 29, 2013
YOU WILL WONDER why people who profess to be Godly today violates what was boldly written in the bible, but rather they challenge the verses in the bible to vindicate theirself or action, but PAUL apostle noted the cause of the problem, those individuals have pulluted their minds with wordly philosophies not according to christ but of the world, read;

Colossians 2:7-8

7having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. 8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by spenca: 7:47am On Oct 29, 2013
So you think the bible werent adovcated for by philosophers or at a point written too ?
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by truthislight: 8:38am On Oct 29, 2013
BERNIMOORE: YOU WILL WONDER why people who profess to be Godly today violates what was boldly written in the bible, but rather they challenge the verses in the bible to vindicate theirself or action, but PAUL apostle noted the cause of the problem, those individuals have pulluted their minds with wordly philosophies not according to christ but of the world, read;

Colossians 2:7-8

7having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. 8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ

^^^
True!

Even those that are eager to project it are often carried away with pride as they struggle to project themselves and their head knowledge on how intelligent they are.

The result is that, satan catches them in his trap "whole sale" and wholly.

Satan had dangled that appeal to Eve, that Eve will 'know good and bad' herself without relying on God.
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by BERNIMOORE: 9:43am On Oct 29, 2013
spenca: So you think the bible werent adovcated for by philosophers or at a point written too ?

Answer to your question,

NO,

let the bible answer you let me start only with 3 verses among many

''prophets(BIBLE WRITERS), though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit''

2 TIM 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

2 Peter 1:20
[size=14pt]Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation of things[/size].

2 Peter 1:21
For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but [size=14pt]prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit[/size]

Do you believe the facts stated in these verses expecially 2 tim 3:16 above that ''[size=18pt]All[/size] Scripture is God-breathed''

1 Like

Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by BERNIMOORE: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2013
truthislight:

^^^
True!

Even those that are eager to project it are often carried away with pride as they struggle to project themselves and their head knowledge on how intelligent they are.

Satan had dangled that appeal to Eve, that Eve will 'know good and bad' herself without relying on God.

these statement next said it all .....Satan had dangled that appeal to Eve, that Eve will 'know good and bad' herself without relying on God

you are on point
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 29, 2013
Dude, I don't think you understand that bible portion. Read it again.
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by truthislight: 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Dude, I don't think you understand that bible portion. Read it again.

Your own is a straight forward case, the Roman catholic church has already turned you to atheism, you are already both legs in it though you still enter church just like logic boy does.

No need to waste my time on you in this.

Peace.
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by truthislight: 8:00am On Nov 01, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

these statement next said it all .....Satan had dangled that appeal to Eve, that Eve will 'know good and bad' herself without relying on God

you are on point

we can see how far such has led man in the world today.

We can also see what "christianity" base on philosophy of man and not exclusively on the word of God has turned to.

*Eddited*
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 01, 2013
truthislight:

Your own is a straight forward case, the Roman catholic church has already turned you to atheism, you are already both legs in it though you still enter church just like logic boy does.

No need to waste my time on you in this.

Peace.
How come you know so much about me?
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by truthislight: 8:35am On Nov 01, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

you are on point

we can see how far such has led man in the world today.

We can also see what "christianity" base on philosophy of men and not exclusively on the word of God has turned to.
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

you are on point

Funny Eve only knew Evil, not good.The death of her son and the banishment of the other is a case in point.

Which mother will want that to happen to her children?
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by Yooguyz: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2013
truthislight:

^^^
True!

did Truthislight just say that?

Bro, your use of words has changed, does it mean your ideologies are changing?
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by truthislight: 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yooguyz:
did Truthislight just say that?

Bro, your use of words has changed, does it mean your ideologies are changing?

sorry !
Did you make any sense i should understand ?
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by Yooguyz: 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
truthislight:

^^^
True!

truthislight:

sorry !
Did you make any sense i should understand ?

@bolden, you don't usually use it, you use the word Yahweh.

Your post above implies that christians outside your organization can be sincere truth seekers, which is inconsistent with your organization's belief.

It might be true, or it might just be wishful thinking.
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by truthislight: 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yooguyz:

@bolden, you don't usually use it, you use the word Yahweh.

Lol. grin

I never imagined i will be laughing as of this moment, but here i am laughing. grin

bros, i dont set standards for christians, the bible does, just ensure whatever you accept is consistent with the bible.

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the 'truth'." (1 Timothy 2:3-4).

"Sanctify them by means of the truth: thy 'word' is truth. " (John 17:17)
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by Yooguyz: 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
truthislight:

bros, i dont set standards for christians, the bible does, just ensure whatever you accept is consistent with the bible.

I love this! Particularly at boldened. But one question please

if whatever you accept and act on is consistent with the bible, is that alone a criteria to make him/her survive armageddon?
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by truthislight: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yooguyz:

I love this! Particularly at boldened. But one question please

if whatever you accept and act on is consistent with the bible, is that alone a criteria to make him/her survive armageddon?

Now, havent said what i had said, i will advise that you dont derail this thread.

considering what i had said above, there is no way i can be a decider of whatsoever and give answers to whatever, but the bible does that.

However, if there is a general biblical doctrinal issue you wish discussed, feel free to open a thread for it and let the bible consistency be the guide for what is the "truth".

If i have anything to contribute and feel like contributing on it, i will join in the thread if i want.

But for this thread, the op/thread owner has decided what should be discussed, if he wishes otherwise, it is his call.

Peace.
Re: Philosophies Are Deception, It Currupts Your Mind Not Of Christ But Of The World by Yooguyz: 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
truthislight:

Now, havent said what i had said, i will advise that you dont derail this thread.

considering what i had said above, there is no way i can be a decider of whatsoever and give answers to whatever, but the bible does that.

However, if there is a general biblical doctrinal issue you wish discussed, feel free to open a thread for it and let the bible consistency be the guide for what is the "truth".

If i have anything to contribute and feel like contributing on it, i will join in the thread if i want.

But for this thread, the op/thread owner has decided what should be discussed, if he wishes otherwise, it is his call.

Peace.
hmmm..

Why don't you open the thread? If it's ok with you?

(1) (Reply)

Fadeless Vision / @italo. Defend Catholic Doctrine Here. / Counting Your Blessings, What Is Your Greatest Miracle Of the year 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.