Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest (3178 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Atheists, Let Us Discuss Christianity. / MEME ZONE: Atheists Let's Unwind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 29, 2013
Think about it. They sat down to contemplate on things that would give them power, wealth and an unlimited supply of slaves- and they succeeded.

The most important part is that of the slaves. They didnt even enslave people the easy and temporary way (by chaining them physically), they enslaved the minds of people. A chained man can break his chains but a delusional man will struggle to see past his delusions.

First, think about how they started religion in the early centuries-

Problem; We need something to control these people and give us power
Solution; We should get an authority that they will bow to without question and the authority should put us in charge
Problem; What kind of authority? We can't all be kings and even at that kings and kingdoms fall
Solution; What about an unquestionable authority? What if we claim to be from the inexplicable spiritual force?
Consensus; Yes, people are scared of inexplicable things! our hunters were afraid of a constant heavy growl by the swamp in the dark and they worshipped it like the spirit of the night....only to find out that it was a frog concealed by a thick swamp and swaying shrubs! Yes we need something like that to strike fear into the hearts of people. A force that they will worship

Problem; While we need a such a force or god, people will stop worshipping it like the frog once they find out whats behind the bushes
Soultion; Yes, that is true, so we must create a continuous facade of smoke and mirrors to keep the people from finding out
Problem; How do we do this continuously? Continuously claiming spiritual smoke and mirrors
Solution; We must point to certain inexplicable things that happen a lot and also stop people from questioning it
Problem; What are these inexplicable things and how do we stop people from questioning?
Solution; Well, we dont understand how light came from the sky during the rain and burnt some of our livestock- we could use that! Also, we should make laws stopping people from questioning it.
Consensus; Yes, rain happens a lot and also some thunderous sounds- we could use things like this and claim that our spiritual force is behind this. We would also need to make laws beheading or killing those who question our spiritual force. Even so, we can claim so many inexplicable things with this spiritual force. How the first man came- our spiritual force. Why does the day end- our spiritual force. Why does the earth have no end- our spiritual force. What causes incurable diseases- our spiritual force!

Problem; While we need to make laws protecting our spiritual force, we are not lawmakers and also, others have their spiritual forces. Some of those people with their spiritual force have been deemed to be mad.
Solution; Yes, this is why we have to also get man made authority. We can scare influential people who will then scare others. We can also try to get ourselves into places of power to spread our laws. Also, we should make our spiritual force as real as possible so that no one will easily say that we are mad
Consensus; Yes, we must get into places of power. We must scare some law makers and influential people. They will help us make our spiritual force seem real with laws and the appeal to their authority. We can even use other people like healers who will heal people and claim that it is the power of our force that is driving them. Also we would need to base much of our spiritual force's powers on things that people will notice to remove doubts. For instance, sickness, droughts etc

Problem; How do we then get people's belief in our spiritual power to give us the wealth and power
Consensus; The easiest part of all. All we need to do is make laws that the we are representatives of this spiritual power and then, they should pay us tributes to appease the spiritual power. They should not question us on our work as representatives of the spiritual force

Does this ring a bell? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 29, 2013
OMG, you have opened our Yansh! so you were at this meeting too? pray tell, which of the masked fellows were you?? tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by onetrack(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2013
I'm always reminded of a picture of a man leading an elephant with a rope. The elephant easily has the power to run away or to kill the man, but he doesn't because the man has used psychological techniques to persuade the elephant that he is its master. So the elephant passively obeys. Such it is with rulers leading the subjects around on a leash. It's much easier to control people with religion than with brute force, as the man and elephant demonstrate.

So yeah, the people who formed organized religion were the smartest.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Infomizer(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2013
And the people they first experimented on were the 'dumbest'...Lol
It's a demon-haunted world as Carl Sagan (Peace Be Unto Him) described!
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by RationalDude(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2013
I don't think people actually sat down together to create the different religions of the world. Most of the founders never really intended to start a religion and the remaining others would have actually believed that god was backing them to create it.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 29, 2013
RationalDude: I don't think people actually sat down together to create the different religions of the world. Most of the founders never really intended to start a religion and the remaining others would have actually believed that god was backing them to create it.
So let's hear your theory on how religion started...?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2013
RationalDude: I don't think people actually sat down together to create the different religions of the world. Most of the founders never really intended to start a religion and the remaining others would have actually believed that god was backing them to create it.

Roman government created christianity to submit jew under their authority.

Vatican invented Islam to wage war against jew and host catholic holy land on jerusalem.

Religion is created by the people to rule over the people
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Vatican invented Islam to wage war against jew and host catholic holy land on jerusalem.

FALSE
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 29, 2013
Bludeville: OMG, you have opened our Yansh! so you were at this meeting too? pray tell, which of the masked fellows were you?? tongue tongue

No....but I guess the meeting went something like that
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Where did you get this from?
FOLYKAZE:
lololol. How did you come about this?
FOLYKAZE:
Lolol. How can 'the people create Religion to rule ove the people'?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Where did you get this from?

Abeg, dont listen to Folykaze......he is actually FolyKRAZE or should I say KRAZYfolly?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

FALSE

where is your fact?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:46am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Where did you get this from?

bible, article and reports

reports

take for example a nation conquering another nation.....the conquered must bow to the orders of the superior nation. There religion, politics and rule are forced down on them all for controlling and ruling
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:48am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Abeg, dont listen to Folykaze......he is actually FolyKRAZE or should I say KRAZYfolly?

lol....this guy sha
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Femmymata2(m): 9:19am On Oct 29, 2013
As an athiest, i believe no one as an ABSOLUTE KNOWLEDGE of ANYTHING/EVERYTHING. I also think religion is borne out of the reasons to explain percieved mysteries

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol. Thank you. But I still believe he has a defence worthy of my attention.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2013
Femmymata2: As an athiest, i believe no one as an ABSOLUTE KNOWLEDGE of ANYTHING/EVERYTHING. I also think religion is borne out of the reasons to explain percieved mysteries

Really? Funny how Plato, Darwin and co didnt use religion to find out answers to questions about life
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by italo: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2013

You mean Evangelist Logicboy is lying?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

bible, article and reports
I hope you wouldn't mind quoting the bible verse where it was written. Let's be direct here.

FOLYKAZE:
reports
Lol. What reports? Whatever report you produce, you better be ready to defend it absolutely.

FOLYKAZE:

take for example a nation conquering another nation.....the conquered must bow to the orders of the superior nation. There religion, politics and rule are forced down on them all for controlling and ruling
I hope you are following fervently.
Your position was that, Religion was created by 'the people to rule over the people'.
I can point out the loophole created in your use of words, but I will let it pass.
I figured that you meant a few people created religion to rule over the majority.
But you still fail to pass the point across with the analogy above. You know why?
By using the word 'created', it suffice to say that, a concept is being brought into existence, that it never was, a new invention.
To now explain 'created' as what happens when a people force-feed their conquered territories concepts already in existence is a wrong and reckless use of the word.
Do you agree?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Really? Funny how Plato, Darwin and co didnt use religion to find out answers to questions about life
not everybody was born with genius IQ.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2013
I dont think these guys could have planned it. They were not that smart.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

No....but I guess the meeting went something like that
LOL! on a more serious note, I believe religion existed first, then the smart ones ( who were probably atheists, sceptics, etc) decided to use it as a tool to control the believing masses. I believe that most Nigerian pastors are in reality atheists, because only one who didn't really believe in a god would have the guts to do the audacious things they do in his name.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Please dude, don't place Darwin in the same category as Plato.
Darwin is an intellectual midget, a fluke, a bit above Jean Lamarck, he only got lucky.
Plato is the crucible of intelligence, a mental giant, a dead man but still of the people.
Darwin should be in a category below a Geiger and Masden.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Please dude, don't place Darwin in the same category as Plato.
Darwin is an intellectual midget, a fluke, a bit above Jean Lamarck, he only got lucky.
Plato is the crucible of intelligence, a mental giant, a dead man but still of the people.

Funny when dolts like you refer to people as intellectual midgets.. thank God for Enigma and DeepSight.. see mind... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 29, 2013

Half true

Judaism was a result of clear planning to control the Jews. Do you believe that God wrote those commandments on tablets?

Jesus wasnt a christian. He started an unorthodox form of Judaism, then the new testament writers and consequently, the early church plus roman govt plus catholic church, selectively formed a religion based on Jesus and Judaism

Islam- Muhammad (Pbuh) stole from judais................Islam is the one true religion lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 29, 2013
Bludeville:
LOL! on a more serious note, I believe religion existed first, then the smart ones ( who were probably atheists, sceptics, etc) decided to use it as a tool to control the believing masses. I believe that most Nigerian pastors are in reality atheists, because only one who didn't really believe in a god would have the guts to do the audacious things they do in his name.

They could be deists too or just religiously crazy too

Belief in God existed first......religion is the fraud

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2013

Darwin is an intellectual midget? Jesus Christ! You are foolish.

<<<<<<
Abeg to the left, where you can go and meet your fellow slowpokes eg Olaadebgbu and Tpia

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by raptureready: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03: Think about it. They sat down to contemplate on things that would give them power, wealth and an unlimited supply of slaves- and they succeeded.

Jesus was crucified.

The apostles were all killed in painful ways, for their faith. They had zero material possessions or political power to boast of.

The early christians were severely persecuted and even killed for their faith.

Where is the "They sat down to contemplate on things that would give them power, wealth and an unlimited supply of slaves- and they succeeded" in that?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2013
Bludeville:
not everybody was born with genius IQ.

true

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Darwin is an intellectual midget? Jesus Christ! You are foolish.

<<<<<<
Abeg to the left, where you can go and meet your fellow slowpokes eg Olaadebgbu and Tpia
Lolololol.
If only you are well informed about him.
Reading 'the origin of species' is like reading 'the God delusion'. Just that the former is dumber.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Lolololol.
If only you are well informed about him.
Reading 'the origin of species' is like reading 'the God delusion'. Just that the former is dumber.

^
Proof that religion can sometimes cause mental illness.
The father of evolutionary biology is a mental midget to Reyginius. This is the same person that will take new medicine for colds/diseases- ignorant of the practical evidence for evolution that he just witnessed

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 29, 2013
Oh no you don't! You don't talk about Darwin like this... not the father of the concept of evolution!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babalawo: How To Know A Real Babalawo / Three Materials Used For Ifa Initiation / A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.