Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest (3191 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Atheists, Let Us Discuss Christianity. / MEME ZONE: Atheists Let's Unwind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Joshthefirst(m): 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Jesus Christ!

See what religion does to the brain?

-Answer this simple question- why are there new drugs to for the same curable diseases?
I don't want to say you don't have enough sense to distinguish between adaptation and what evolution claims.
The pathogens adapt new forms of resistance to the former drugs.
How does this relate to the pathogens becoming entirely new different kinds of organisms?
Nawa for you.
Smh.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: I don't want to say you don't have enough sense to distinguish between adaptation and what evolution claims.
The pathogens adapt new forms of resistance to the former drugs.
How does this relate to the pathogens becoming entirely new different kinds of organisms?
Nawa for you.
Smh.

Stop reading about evolution from christian creationist websites.

Adaptation is part of evolution....did you not learn that basic fact?

An adaptation, also called an adaptive trait, in biology is a trait with a current functional role in the life history of an organism that is maintained and evolved by means of natural selection. Adaptation refers to both the current state of being adapted and to the dynamic evolutionary process that leads to the adaptation. Adaptations contribute to the fitness and survival of individuals. Organisms face a succession of environmental challenges as they grow and develop and are equipped with an adaptive plasticity as the phenotype of traits develop in response to the imposed conditions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptation

4 Likes

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Joshthefirst(m): 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Stop reading about evolution from christian creationist websites.

Adaptation is part of evolution....did you not learn that basic fact?

An adaptation, also called an adaptive trait, in biology is a trait with a current functional role in the life history of an organism that is maintained and evolved by means of natural selection. Adaptation refers to both the current state of being adapted and to the dynamic evolutionary process that leads to the adaptation. Adaptations contribute to the fitness and survival of individuals. Organisms face a succession of environmental challenges as they grow and develop and are equipped with an adaptive plasticity as the phenotype of traits develop in response to the imposed conditions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptation
what are you saying? Adaptation leads to evolution? Smh.
This is a quote from the heading of the link you gave me:
This article is about the evolutionary process. For other uses, see Adaptation (disambiguation).
Here's the real link that contains the biological definition of adaptation:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptation_(disambiguation)
And here's the definition from the link:
In Biology, adaptation is the process whereby a population becomes better suited to its habitat.

Adaptation does not lead to a production of a new kind of organism over a period of time. That Is unscientific and is mere speculation. Adaptation just makes an organism better suited to its environment. Birds will remain birds, apes will remain apes. Humans will remain human.
Stop spreading falsehood.
Embrace truth. Stop trying to remove the place of God's supremacy in thought and imagination. Look at what it has turned you into and made you do.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by davidhume1: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: what are you saying? Adaptation leads to evolution? Smh.
This article is about the evolutionary process. For other uses, see Adaptation (disambiguation).

In Biology, adaptation is the process whereby a population becomes better suited to its habitat.

Adaptation does not lead to a production of a new kind of organism over a period of time. That Is unscientific and is mere speculation. Adaptation just makes an organism better suited to its environment. Birds will remain birds, apes will remain apes. Humans will remain human.
Embrace truth. Stop trying to remove the place of God's supremacy in thought and imagination. Look at what it has turned you into and made you do.

Do you mind not using the term 'kind' in this discussion?
I think the use of less ambiguous terms like "species, genus, family" etc will make things clearer...
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: what are you saying? Adaptation leads to evolution? Smh.

This guy grin grin grin

There are mechanisms and processes in evolution. Adaptation is just one of them.

Look, you want to be ignorant, fine. I am not going to be your biology teacher

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by wiegraf: 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
And these clowns call atheists foo.ls....

5 Likes

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
wiegraf: And these clowns call atheists foo.ls....

Its called "projection".....

grin grin grin
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Joshthefirst(m): 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

This guy grin grin grin

There are mechanisms and processes in evolution. Adaptation is just one of them.

Look, you want to be ignorant, fine. I am not going to be your biology teacher
I know enough of evolution. I'm saying that its just speculation of men and it does not have any shred of evidence. Simple. Adaptation is adaptation. Your 'mechanisms and processes' are unscientific. Someone saw adaptation in birds and concluded that birds can keep adapting until they change into other forms altogether. Smh.
Darwins finches are still birds. Birds are birds. There is no observed and tested change of kind.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by davidhume1: 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. I see what you are trying to do but I will not allow it.
How can a thing be highly flawed and still be the best explanation, David Hume?

You're the one that thinks its highly flawed.
The evidence supporting evolution is everywhere.

I was talking about the origin of matter. In order to be certain, you have to go back to the time before matter existed i.e, b4 big bang! grin
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: I know enough of evolution. I'm saying that its just speculation of men and it does not have any shred of evidence. Simple. Adaptation is adaptation. Your 'mechanisms and processes' are unscientific. Someone saw adaptation in birds and concluded that birds can keep adapting until they change into other forms altogether. Smh.
Darwins finches are still birds. Birds are birds. There is no observed and tested change of kind.

Back in the day, I would have wasted my time lecturing you........

Guy shift......there is no hope for you....

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Joshthefirst(m): 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
david_hume:

I was talking about the origin of matter. In order to be certain, you have to go back to the time before matter existed i.e, b4 big bang! grin
please state one evidence supporting evolution clearly and precisely. If you cannot, you ought to be ashamed for spreading false news to decieve gullible minds.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Joshthefirst(m): 2:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin
Shouldn't you have enough care for people reading this thread to even give me one shred of evidence? At least for their sakes?
Don't you care about the people seeing how clearly you dodge the issue?

Nice cop out.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Joshthefirst(m): 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin
See how you easily gave up.
Smh.
Is that how you won Uyi over?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin
Shouldn't you have enough care for people reading this thread to even give me one shred of evidence? At least for their sakes?
Don't you care about the people seeing how clearly you dodge the issue?

Nice cop out.

grin grin grin
Dont worry, the peeps reading this are not as dull as you.....I dont need to make any argument for evolution.

Unlike the bible, evolution stands firm after scrutiny. Peeps can pick up their biology textbook or check the internet

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin
Smh.

Uyi had more sense than you.

I use an Olaadegbu scale......at the bottom of the scale are christians who believe that demons send texts. Even when I was a christian I didnt believe such nonsense. You sir, are at the bottom of the scale. Those at the bottom are beyond redemption.

You even frustrated Mr. Troll.....an almost impossible feat

4 Likes

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Joshthefirst(m): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

I use an Olaadegbu scale......at the bottom of the scale are christians who believe that demons send texts. Even when I was a christian I didnt believe such nonsense. You sir, are at the bottom of the scale. Those at the bottom are beyond redemption.

I am honoured.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: shocked shocked The most important building block in biology? Lololololol.
I don't believe it is a fraud, I know it is.
You are yet to understand what happens at the royal science acedemy.

Conspiracy theories...were part of the faculty at royal science academy at any point?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by mazaje(m): 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
Some one once said. . ."All religions were created out of the fear of the many and the cleverness of a few". . .
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by davidhume1: 5:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: please state one evidence supporting evolution clearly and precisely. If you cannot, you ought to be ashamed for spreading false news to decieve gullible minds.

There's no point. Since you even dismissed the relevance of adaptation to evolution.

Its like asking someone to explain chemical reactions without mentioning electrons!
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by MyJoe: 5:30pm On Oct 29, 2013
mazaje: Some one once said. . ."All religions were created out of the fear of the many and the cleverness of a few". . .
Actually, they weren’t. The religions may have FED on the cleverness of a few but the start of religion – the personal or organized effort to comprehend, propitiate and commune with supernatural beings – started out of more honest feelings and cravings, even if ignorant and superstitious.

How is you doing, mazaje?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2013
Bludeville:
LOL! on a more serious note, I believe religion existed first, then the smart ones ( who were probably atheists, sceptics, etc) decided to use it as a tool to control the believing masses. I believe that most Nigerian pastors are in reality atheists, because only one who didn't really believe in a god would have the guts to do the audacious things they do in his name.
Thor bless you.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
david_hume:

Lol. You still don't it.
The body of any specie is made up of matter.
Do you think it is sensible for one to lay claim to the origin of any specie if he cannot really reduce the materials composing this specie?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Conspiracy theories...were part of the faculty at royal science academy at any point?
Okay. What if I tell you that the royal science acedemy is racist.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Okay. What if I tell you that the royal science acedemy is racist.

Does that prove evolution wrong?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Does that prove evolution wrong?

No. He asked why I think the RSA is not fair.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
MyJoe:
Actually, they weren’t. The religions may have FED on the cleverness of a few but the start of religion – the personal or organized effort to comprehend, propitiate and commune with supernatural beings – started out of more honest feelings and cravings, even if ignorant and superstitious.

See this man!
Those days I read from the sidelines this dude was among the men I admired.
Long time no see!
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by mazaje(m): 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
MyJoe:

Me is doing very well. . .Thanks. . .Hope you are good as well?. . . .Best wishes. . .
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by davidhume1: 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You still don't it.
The body of any specie is made up of matter.
Do you think it is sensible for one to lay claim to the origin of any specie if he cannot really reduce the materials composing this specie?

Perhaps you're referring to DNA or RNA? That is perhaps as far as you can reduce evolution.
Talking about matter wont get you very far wrt theory of evolution!
So amend your question dude
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
david_hume:

Perhaps you're referring to DNA or RNA? That is perhaps as far as you can reduce evolution.
Talking about matter wont get you very far wrt theory of evolution!
So amend your question dude
You still don't get it, bro. Maybe I will blame myself for not being good with words.
My question is, if Darwins worked on the Origin of Species, how do you explain the incompleteness of this theory?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by davidhume1: 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: You still don't get it, bro. Maybe I will blame myself for not being good with words.
My question is, if Darwins worked on the Origin of Species, how do you explain the incompleteness of this theory?

Maybe if you stated the incomplete areas of the theory, it might help folks answer your questions better.
Just leave matter out of it!
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by khattab02: 1:20am On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin
Smh.
hahaha...lol.. I no fit laff.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by khattab02: 1:25am On Oct 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol... These guys eh! Una no go kill person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam / James Morgan Explains His Journey From Being A Christian Pastor To Atheist / Six (6) Things That Will Shock You About The Catholic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.