Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest (3192 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Atheists, Let Us Discuss Christianity. / MEME ZONE: Atheists Let's Unwind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2013
Bludeville:
Oh no you don't! You don't talk about Darwin like this... not the father of evolution!!!

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

^
Proof that religion can sometimes cause mental illness.
The father of evolutionary biology is a mental midget to Reyginius. This is the same person that will take new medicine for colds/diseases- ignorant of the practical evidence for evolution that he just witnessed
Lol.
How you exalt evolutionary biology, I know I will be scorned by you if I do the same for a subject so dear to me.
The principal thing lb is, how do you weigh the intelligence of renowned scientists?
Is it that the mere fact that they are scientists and renowned a reason to classify them as intelligent?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 29, 2013
^^^I love Darwin, I could punch him for calling him an intellectual midget if we were in the same room grin
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Lol.
How you exalt evolutionary biology, I know I will be scorned by you if I do the same for a subject so dear to me.
The principal thing lb is, how do you weigh the intelligence of renowned scientists?
Is it that the mere fact that they are scientists and renowned a reason to classify them as intelligent?

Strawman....I made no mention of intelligence
Point remains that Dawkins is by no means an intellectual midget. That is false, sir. As a christian, you should know better than to lie about people

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 29, 2013
Bludeville:
Oh no you don't! You don't talk about Darwin like this... not the father of the concept of evolution!!!
Lololol.
Do you want me to show respect to somebody because he is the father of a concept or because of the intelligence the concept permits?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Strawman....I made no mention of intelligence
Point remains that Dawkins is by no means an intellectual midget. That is false, sir. As a christian, you should know better than to lie about people
The mere fact that you are attacking my position on his intelligence has already placed you in the same subject.
But on a serious note, I didn't lie.
There are so many scientists with this unwarranted hype. The likes of J. D charles and R. Dawkins.
Those who should be seen in the light like P. Dirac and M. Planck are shown little respect.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: The mere fact that you are attacking my position on his intelligence has already placed you in the same subject.
But on a serious note, I didn't lie.
There are so many scientists with this unwarranted hype. The likes of J. D charles and R. Dawkins.
Those who should be seen in the light like P. Dirac and M. Planck are shown little respect.

Someone that did research and came up with the most important building block in biology is an intellectual midget? Seriously?

Or do you believe that evolution is a fraud?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

They could be deists too or just religiously crazy too

Belief in God existed first......religion is the fraud
[b]
I could agree with the bolded, or I could argue that belief in God (or belief in anything, or a lack there of) is religion already. The drawing of lines, attaching of labels, dividing that belief in God into factions and pieces is what gives the controlling power, like I said earlier, religion existed first, and then somepeople decided to turn it into a tool.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 29, 2013
Bludeville: [b]
I could agree with the bolded, or I could argue that belief in God (or belief in anything, or a lack there of) is religion already. The drawing of lines, attaching of labels, dividing that belief in God into factions and pieces is what gives the controlling power, like I said earlier, religion existed first, and then somepeople decided to turn it into a tool.

not exactly but I get ur point!
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Someone that did research and came up with the most important building block in biology is an intellectual midget? Seriously?

Or do you believe that evolution is a fraud?
shocked shocked The most important building block in biology? Lololololol.
I don't believe it is a fraud, I know it is.
You are yet to understand what happens at the royal science acedemy.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 29, 2013
Hope I am not derailing your thread, lb?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: shocked shocked The most important building block in biology? Lololololol.
I don't believe it is a fraud, I know it is.
You are yet to understand what happens at the royal science acedemy.

You know that evolution is a fraud? Can you give me some quick reasons?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Hope I am not derailing your thread, lb?

Its okay...
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus:

No, but you answered your question right here.
Reyginus:
because
of the intelligence the concept permits.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

You know that evolution is a fraud? Can you give me some quick reasons?
I have reasons, but with you I will start with one.
That is, Evolution cannot prove the origin of the matter.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2013
Bludeville:
No, but you answered your question right here.
Lololo. What do you think I am implying by that statement?
And I don't like it when my statement is cut halfway.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: I have reasons, but with you I will start with one.
This does not disprove evolution. Evolution does not try to prove the origin of matter. What evolution explains is how existing life changes over time. Evolution is as a result of inheritance, variation and selection. Evolution would still take place irrespective of how matter came to be. Try again.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 29, 2013
Bludeville:
This does not disprove evolution. Evolution does not try to prove the origin of matter. What evolution explains is how existing life changes over time. Evolution is as a result of inheritance, variation and selection. Evolution would still take place irrespective of how matter came to be. Try again.
Lololololol. Babe, to begin with, have you read the origin of species? And you wonder what is man.
So bad even the proponents of Darwin do not even understand what he is talking about. Lol
The worst of it all she asked me to try again. Lolol.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Lololo. What do you think I am implying by that statement?
And I don't like it when my statement is cut halfway.
oops sorry, here is your statement in full grin

Reyginus:
Lololol
Do you want me to show respect to somebody
because he is the father of a concept or because
of the intelligence the concept permits?
And I think you're implying that Darwin accidentally stumbled upon the concept of evolution ( which you think is bogus BTW ) and not as a result of his intelligence/diligence/research and as a result doesn't deserve your respect.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2013
Bludeville:
oops sorry, here is your statement in full grin

And I think you're implying that Darwin accidentally stumbled upon the concept of evolution ( which you think is bogus BTW ) and not as a result of his intelligence/diligence/research and as a result doesn't deserve your respect.
No. That's not what I think. You got all wrong.
I think Darwins created a false theory which was accepted by some mischievious members of the royal science acedemy.
Blown to proportion, toppling Jean Lamarck's, his was lucky enough to be more pronounced between the two.
So now, how does the fact that he created a concept an evidence of intelligence, when infact the concept is not intelligent?
Maybe this time we can start by arguing from the latter.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 29, 2013

Is that what you think evolution is about? The origin of matter?

Is this guy for real?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by davidhume1: 11:35am On Oct 29, 2013

Nobody can conclusively prove the origin of matter. Not even religion!
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:36am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: I hope you wouldn't mind quoting the bible verse where it was written. Let's be direct here.

I really wont like to go far with you. Also dont expect a direct note like : we wrote this to control people. It can never happen.

It vivid among the jew that they were expecting a military messiah who will rule as a king and conquer many lands for them. And while the roman government was present them, it is good for them to engage mental warfare rather than physical with the jew. This hold them and their generation under the rulership of the roman.

Lets take a good holes in the bible :

Matthew 22:20-22
King James Version (KJV)
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.

now compare the bold with this :

Deuteronomy 32:8-12
King James Version (KJV)

12 So theLord alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.

How come another person/god is sharing authority over the chosen jew? Something fishy?

Paul went further saying that believers should respect authorities.....is God not the owner of all authorities?

The green bold express the defeat push roman government were expecting from the jew. Remember constantine was a pagan and reformed pagan into christianity......pagan temples and symbols represent christ. What purpose is that for?

Lol. What reports? Whatever report you produce, you better be ready to defend it absolutely.

Alberto Rivera claimed the vatican invented Islam as a weapon against Jew and fall of Jerusalem. Read the report here http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2006/04apr/catholicislam.html

Actually like everything else this was about money--europe (read the vatican) needed to control the trade routes to the east that ran through the middle east. This gave rise to the local religon islam which sought to control the vast amounts of wealth going through their lands. MONEY.
This is no different than the hebrews living in an area between the egyptian and babyonian empires created their "my god is bigger and badder than your god fable"--excellent way to raise troops and get a country on track--hitler used much of the logic.

I hope you are following fervently.
Your position was that, Religion was created by 'the people to rule over the people'.
I can point out the loophole created in your use of words, but I will let it pass.
I figured that you meant a few people created religion to rule over the majority.
But you still fail to pass the point across with the analogy above. You know why?
By using the word 'created', it suffice to say that, a concept is being brought into existence, that it never was, a new invention.
To now explain 'created' as what happens when a people force-feed their conquered territories concepts already in existence is a wrong and reckless use of the word.
Do you agree?

Nope.....europe knows that Jesus was invented so they took advantage of it to conquer many lands. Christianity and church in england is more of politics and social values....they dont believe it.

Bible was used to promote wars, slavery and racism.....they also control the economy through religion.....politics walk in and out through religion.

Remember Iraq war and God fight saying?

Hitler said he was motivated by God....nope?

Those in the inner circle know the truth which is religion is a controlling tool so they invented one for their job.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Is that what you think evolution is about? The origin of matter?

Is this guy for real?
Lol. His theory of evolution was arrived at through his 'Origin of Species', and we cannot be talking about the origin of species without getting to the basis of their components.
That's just from the simplest of angles I can look at it.
Their is a complex one but I will leave it for now.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 29, 2013
david_hume:

Nobody can conclusively prove the origin of matter. Not even religion!
So you accept that the origin of species by Darwin is a fraud?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by davidhume1: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: So you accept that the origin of species by Darwin is a fraud?

It's the best explanation yet.
Better than the hocus-pocus of religion!
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 29, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. His theory of evolution was arrived at through his 'Origin of Species', and we cannot be talking about the origin of species without getting to the basis of their components.
That's just from the simplest of angles I can look at it.
Their is a complex one but I will leave it for now.

You do realise that you are making a fallacy?

-first mixing up biology with physics
-then, making a fallacy of non sequitur and a weird fallacy of origin

Just because all life comes from matter, it doesnt mean that one must tie evolution down to matter. Not all matter is organic. Biology deals with life.

Use your brain....guy, you are foolish
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Matthew 22:20-22
King James Version (KJV)
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.

now compare the bold with this :

Deuteronomy 32:8-12
King James Version (KJV)

12 So theLord alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.

How come another person/god is sharing authority over the chosen jew? Something fishy?
Lol. With all due respect, this is highly illogical.
You are missing the principal thing and also trying to bring in unnecessary doversions.
Remember what the question was all about, Where in the bible is it written that the Romans invented Christainity?
The greatest absurdity of the evidence you are presenting is that in the above, besides it being cut away from ptomoting any religion, Christainity was yet to come to existence.
I begin to wonder if you are really following. Because if you are, I don't thinkthe evidence you present for the origin or birth of Christainity should go beyond the Acts.
FOLYKAZE:

Paul went further saying that believers should respect authorities.....is God not the owner of all authorities?
Another illogical statement.
How does saying that atheists should respect the authorities, in an atheist state, equate to the state creating atheism?

FOLYKAZE:

The green bold express the defeat push roman government were expecting from the jew. Remember constantine was a pagan and reformed pagan into christianity......pagan temples and symbols represent christ. What purpose is that for?
Lolololol. Normally, I shouldn't be honoring this with a response, but let me still believe you have a point.
I don't like asking you this question, but I can't help it, are you following at all?
If it happened that a certain period in time a government, maybe out of despotism, decides to convert or eradicate a particular 'x' religion for the enthronement of 'y' religion, it wouldn't be sensible to conclude that 'y' religion began to exist or was invented by the despot at the termination of 'x' religion.
Your analogies so far has been far from impressive.

FOLYKAZE:

Alberto Rivera claimed the vatican invented Islam as a weapon against Jew and fall of Jerusalem. Read the report here http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2006/04apr/catholicislam.html
Dude, I frankly never expected this from you.
It is so appaling that you will accept the statement of a particular individual on a faith over that of a billion muslims.
But I will not hinge the rationale on numbers, no. Anybody can say anything.
My demand now is a proof that the vatican as proposed by the link did anything as such.
I want an evidence from either the vatican or mecca. I hope that's not asking too much
FOLYKAZE:

Actually like everything else this was about money--europe (read the vatican) needed to control the trade routes to the east that ran through the middle east. This gave rise to the local religon islam which sought to control the vast amounts of wealth going through their lands. MONEY.
This is no different than the hebrews living in an area between the egyptian and babyonian empires created their "my god is bigger and badder than your god fable"--excellent way to raise troops and get a country on track--hitler used much of the logic.
I will only read it as regards to another subject. I don't like repeating myself. The above is not worth replying.

FOLYKAZE:

Nope.....europe knows that Jesus was invented so they took advantage of it to conquer many lands. Christianity and church in england is more of politics and social values....they dont believe it.

Bible was used to promote wars, slavery and racism.....they also control the economy through religion.....politics walk in and out through religion.

Remember Iraq war and God fight saying?

Hitler said he was motivated by God....nope?

Those in the inner circle know the truth which is religion is a controlling tool so they invented one for their job.
Who cares what Europe knows in this case.
Their is no correlation between what you wrote above and whar you should be responding to.
You illustrated this creation of religion with conquered terrotories being compelled to follow the faith of their conquerors and I replied by saying that you can call that acculturation and doesn't define religion.
This is what you should respond to.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
david_hume:

It's the best explanation yet.
Better than the hocus-pocus of religion!
Lol. I see what you are trying to do but I will not allow it.
How can a thing be highly flawed and still be the best explanation, David Hume?
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

You do realise that you are making a fallacy?
Stop insulting the word.
Logicboy03:

-first mixing up biology with physics
How do you mean?
Logicboy03:

-then, making a fallacy of non sequitur and a weird fallacy of origin
Mind explaining what this means.
Logicboy03:

Just because all life comes from matter, it doesnt mean that one must tie evolution down to matter.
Lol. People dey o! What do you mean by the above?
Logicboy03:

Not all matter is organic. Biology deals with life.
Nice one. Can it explain the chains of reaction in the origin of Amino?
This is the kind of matter I meant when I say simplest.
Logicboy03:

Use your brain....guy, you are foolish
Okay. I will try harder next time.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Joshthefirst(m): 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

^
Proof that religion can sometimes cause mental illness.
The father of evolutionary biology is a mental midget to Reyginius. This is the same person that will take new medicine for colds/diseases- ignorant of the practical evidence for evolution that he just witnessed
okay. This is a blatant lie.
Darwinian evolution is a change of kind. Not a change of species. It is purely unscientific. There is no shred of evidence for darwinian evolution.
What you just said is actually proof that you are so against God that you would label mere speculation as science and shamelessly lie to draw people away from the real God.
Re: Atheists, Let's Be Honest- The People Who Formed Religions Were The Smartest by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: okay. This is a blatant lie.
Darwinian evolution is a change of kind. Not a change of species. It is purely unscientific. There is no shred of evidence for darwinian evolution.
What you just said is actually proof that you are so against God that you would label mere speculation as science and shamelessly lie to draw people away from the real God.

Jesus Christ!

See what religion does to the brain?

-Answer this simple question- why are there new drugs to for the same curable diseases?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gnld, Tiashi, Forever Living And Other Network Drugs Will Destroy Your Salvation / Our Daily Manner(odm) 21-days Fasting Begins Today. / What She Did To Look Like The Devil(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.