Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,311 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Nigerian Consulate In New Yorkconfirms Akhigbe’s Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Consulate In New Yorkconfirms Akhigbe’s Death (461 Views)

South Africa Closes Nigerian Consulate / Mike Akhigbe Is Not Dead. / Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Consulate In New Yorkconfirms Akhigbe’s Death by Holadokun(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
The Nigerian Consulate in New York has
confirmed the death of Former Chief of
General Staff, Vice Admiral Mike Akhigbe. He
passed on in a New York hospital Monday
evening.

It was gathered that the 68-year-old Akhigbe
was surrounded by his wife, children, and their
spouses when he lost the battle to throat-
cancer.

According to the Consulate, plans were being
made with the deceased’s family on how to
convey his corpse back to the country for
interment.

The late Akhigbe, until
his death was the
second in command at
the Armed Forces
Ruling Council (AFRC),
headed by General
Abdulsalami Abubakar,
a position that made
him the Military Vice-
President in the
regime that preceded
the return to
democracy in 1999.

He also attended the
Nigerian Defence
Academy (NDA), Royal
Naval School of
Maritime Operations
Dryad, Southwick the
United Kingdom,
Command and Staff
College Jaji, National
Institute for Policy
and Strategic Studies
(NIPSS) Kuru and
University of Poitiers,
Rouan, France.

Akhigbe was earlier
reported to have died
on Sunday by some
online media but the
Nigerian Navy on
Monday asked the
public to disregard the story.

source: http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/29/nigerian-consulate-in-new-york-confirms-akhigbes-death/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nigerian-consulate-in-new-york-confirms-akhigbes-death
Re: Nigerian Consulate In New Yorkconfirms Akhigbe’s Death by Holadokun(m): 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
RIP
Re: Nigerian Consulate In New Yorkconfirms Akhigbe’s Death by kenbee(f): 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
thou I wished no one death, I always knew that when it comes to Political rumour, there is always some particles of truth/realities in them. REST in Peace to the dead!
Re: Nigerian Consulate In New Yorkconfirms Akhigbe’s Death by Holadokun(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2013
kenbee: thou I wished no one death, I always knew that when it comes to Political rumour, there is always some particles of truth/realities in them. REST in Peace to the dead!
true talk

(1) (Reply)

Northern Group Asks Jonathan To Postpone Gates’ Visit / My Performance Has Become Hot Potato For My Critics –fayemi / N-delta Ex-militants Accuse FG Of Betrayal On Ceasefire Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.