Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 - Sports (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 (89668 Views)

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by yetunsbay(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
SU-37fighter.:
Ideye and musa should be thrown away.
Mikel slows down our game too much.
He shouldn't be in our first team at all.
We need to find replacements for these three players.
Keshi should invite ezekiel imoh as a matter of urgency.
The dude is the top scorer in belgium.
Osaze should be invited to take the place of ideye.
u too dey complain sha...wotabt if we never qualify?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by oyunoyun: 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
Emenike needs killer passes. I think Iheanacho can supply that . It is worth experimenting him in friendly matches. ....
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by BlackKenichi(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congrats Nigeria! You're through to the FIFA World Cup!
Seems like the Super Eagles were soaring way above the Walias! wink wink wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Bome01(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
coal_coal: Goal .... Great free kick by Nsofor

#BrazilOnMyMind#
Great kini? Pure fluke!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Bome01(m): 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congrats anyway although una still fvck up!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Cubeet: 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
UP SUPER EAGLES,!! NIGERIANS ARE INSATIABLE. ASSUMING WE DID NOT QUALIFY, THEY WILL START ABUSING THE NFF, PRESIDENT, COACH AND PLAYERS AND MIGHT EVEN TURN IT TO POLITICAL, ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS ISSUE. NOW WE QUALIFIED EVEN THOUGH WE DIDNT PLAY SO WELL, WE SCORED(IMPORTANT IN SOCCER) AND WE ARE IN BRAZIL, THEN SOME PEOPLE ARE HERE BUSY COMMENTING TRASH. IF WE WANT YOUR LEADERS TO STOP TREATING YOU LIKE ANIMALS, THEN STOP BEHAVING LIKE AN ANIMAL.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by naptu2: 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
kobonaire: So why do none of them ever become super stars? Why do they fizzle out when the reach the age of 25 (because real age is close to 40). Learn to debate in a civil manner. Even 'dogs' show more etiquette than you have wink

I'm going to address this strange argument about longevity.

You cannot say that the reason a player does not become a great success after his under 17 career is simply because he is too old. There are so many other factors involved.

1) Do we have a structure in place to help these players graduate to the senior level?

2) What kind of contracts do they sign after their youth career (Chris Ohenhen, Ahmed Garba, etc)?

3) What is the state of our domestic league (remember, many youth players return to their domestic league after competitions) and so many more reasons.

The final of China 85 was between Nigeria and Germany. How many of those players became successes after the competition? Jonathan Akpoborie and Marcel Witheczeck. Does that mean that they were the only under 16 players in both teams? Fact is, many players that are under 17 during the tournament will not go on to perform wonders in their senior career, while players who are above 17 could go on to have glittering careers. What did Florent Sinama Pongolle and Anthony LeTallec achieve with the French National Team?

The fact that some cheat does not mean that all of them are cheating, so my question is, do you have any proof that they are cheating? (I don't mean guesses or conjecture, I mean solid proof).

naptu2: Some players that have played for both the Golden Eaglets and the Super Eagles.

Nduka Ugbade (1985), Wilson Oruma (1993), Victor Ikpeba (1989), Nwankwo Kanu (1993), Celestine Babayaro (1993), Jonathan Akpoborie (1985), Mikel Obi (2003), Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi (2003), Mobi Oparaku (1993), Godwin Okpara (89), Karibe Ojigwe (93), James Obiorah (95), Christopher Nwosu (87), Angus Ikeji (87), Benedict Akwuegbu (89), Isaac Promise (2003), Precious Monye (89), Haruna Lukman (2007), Rabiu Ibrahim (2007), John Zaki (89) , Ogenyi Onazi (2009) and Kenneth Omeruo (2009).

naptu2:

Yeah. I actually tried to list all those that played for the Golden Eaglets and went on to have long and distinguished careers with the Super Eagles or in Europe.

Nduka Ugbade played for the Golden Eaglets (China 85), Flying Eagles and Super Eagles (he would have been the first person to play in all levels of FIFA World Cup, ie u17, u21 and senior world cup, if Westerhof had picked him for USA 94). He also won gold at Tunisia 94.

Celestine Babayaro played at u17 (Japan 93), captained the u23 to Sydney 2000, won gold in Atlanta 96 and played at the 1998 world cup. He also won many titles with Chelsea FC.

Jonathan Akpoborie played at u17 (China 85) and u21 levels and also played for the Super Eagles. He won many titles with Stuttgart FC and was one of the highest goal scorers in Europe in 1997 (joint top scorer in the European Cup Winners Cup).

Victor Ikpeba played at u16 (Scotland 89), u20 and u23 levels and also played for the Super Eagles. He won many titles with AS Monaco and (together with Sonny Anderson) led them to the semi-finals of the Champions League in 1997/1998 season. He played at the 1998 World Cup and won silver at the 2000 Nations Cup.

Nwankwo Kanu played at Japan 93, captained the Dream Team to Olympic gold in 96, played at the 98 and 2002 world cups and won many titles with Ajax, Inter Milan and Arsenal.

Mikel Obi played u17 in 2003, u21 in 2005, won the nations cup in 2013 and has won many titles with Chelsea.

These players have won many titles and played for Nigeria for around 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Bome01(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
oyunoyun: Emenike needs killer passes. I think Iheanacho can supply that . It is worth experimenting him in friendly matches. ....
bwahahahahahaha. . . Very funny! For Brazil 2014 or UAE 2013? Abeg make him progress gradually through the ranks!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by dasparrow: 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
@Post

Congrats Super Eagles!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
naptu2: I'm not to worried about this game.

Nigeria u-23 played against Togo at the National Stadium in 1996. The players really didn't want to play that match.

We lost (can't remember the scores. I think it was 3-0). The fans were angry. They held the players hostage in the stadium for almost an hour. Fans went to Ogunlana Drive and damaged the NFA's Lagos office.

That team went to Atlanta and won gold medals at the Olympics.
saw that game live
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
Bome01: Great kini? Pure fluke!
wetin you sabi? You wey still dey kick doll baby up and down wan come fault guys wey dey kick ball
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Burger01(m): 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
ikenna58: who knows how much a good hotel costs in Brazil i am already packing my baggage!
Bro, I go follow u bumper to bumper. Seriously I'm planing my next year hols in Brazil. Don't know how to join supporters club or probably a reliable holiday package to Brazil... Holler me up just in case you come across a good offer. thanks..
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
kobonaire: So why do none of them ever become super stars? Why do they fizzle out when the reach the age of 25 (because real age is close to 40). Learn to debate in a civil manner. Even 'dogs' show more etiquette than you have wink
Sorry for that.But Why do people use past eaglets to judge dese current ones ?.
Didnt u watch d worldcup ??
So u have eyes and yet u couldnt see a difference is those eaglets compared to d past ones??.
And fizzling out really has nothing to do with being over-aged.It has been happening not only to nigeria.
Having a great U/17 tournament doesnt mean u'll go ahead to have great career.Most of these players get exploited by evil football agents who would sell them out to even d indian league just to make money 4 demselves.Some of dese players arent guided well and end up making wrong decisions.There are A lot of factors to consider.
How many players 4rm the spain 2007 team we defeated in d finals are doing well now ??.Only de gea.Where is bojan,marcheda and d rest ?.Same with d germany team only kroos is doing very well now.Where are d rest ??.
I can begin to list past winners of d U/17 worldcup and past stars of d U/17 worldcup from other countries who faded out completely.You would see a lot of countries have been worse than nigeria.From d 2009 U/17s
Nigeria has more players currently doing well than d swizz who won d cup.The likes of Onazi,Omeruo,Azeez came from dat set and are doing well in top leagues.
But how many players 4rm dat swizz team are doing well ??
Mexico have been doing well in d U/17s recently,but how many of the players have become/became stars ??
So it isnt just a nigerian thing,its a general thing,even happening to spain,brazil,germany e.t.c.
Some players go on to have a good career,some players fade out.
40 percent of d nigerian starting XI dat played today came 4rm d U/17s(Mikel,Onazi,Echiejile,Omeruo,nsofor).
Many great countries cant boast of dat.Kanu,Oruma,obasi,taiwo e.t.c came 4rm d U/17s too.These players had a decent career.
Im quite aware nigeria has been horribly cheating in d past,but i saw a huge difference in dis present set.They were really young.And im not going to use d past sets to judge dis present ones.
Why dont u wait for d next 5 years 1st to see how d players 4rm dis particular set fare,before u begin to judge them??

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
cant believe some of the complaints I am reading on here.a lot of Nigerians watch football like they are playing fifa 14 and expect the game to be played just like on a console.Nigeria had already qualified and basically did not need to expend too much energy on a game that even a 1-0 loss would have taken them through so why would they go gong-ho risking that and go loose more than a goal which would have driven you same wing bats nuts

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Bome01(m): 7:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
safarigirl: wetin you sabi? You wey still dey kick doll baby up and down wan come fault guys wey dey kick ball
cos u watch match now, u think say u sabi. . . Abeg swerve go one side. . . My Enyeama for catch that ball or point am throway nicely!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
Bome01: cos u watch match now, u think say u sabi. . . Abeg swerve go one side. . . My Enyeama for catch that ball or point am throway nicely!
thank God you say Enyeama, Enyeama na world class Goalie, would make the top 5 GK's in the world.

Dude is on that level with the likes of Buffn and Casillas, no dey compare am to all these local champions
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by 14(m): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nigerians were complaining about the ground in Ethiopia, did you see the pitch in Calabar? Its like cows graze there

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
Bome01: cos u watch match now, u think say u sabi. . . Abeg swerve go one side. . . My Enyeama for catch that ball or point am throway nicely!
thank God you say Enyeama, Enyeama na world class Goalie, would make the top 5 GK's in the world.

Dude is on that level with the likes of Buffon and Casillas, no dey compare am to all these local champions
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Bome01(m): 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
safarigirl: thank God you say Enyeama, Enyeama na world class Goalie, would make the top 5 GK's in the world.

Dude is on that level with the likes of Buffn and Casillas, no dey compare am to all these local champions
I know say i dey a little bit harsh on nsofor but i know am wella, na one-chance-kind-of-player him be!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by diamondring100: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congrats SE.
We have had better teams in the past that could not qualify us for the world cup. I would advice Keshi find a fatherly way of bringing in the good players with attitude problem
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Bome01(m): 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
safarigirl: thank God you say Enyeama, Enyeama na world class Goalie, would make the top 5 GK's in the world.

Yh, True Talk! African Keepers are not given their due respect cos it's hard to see an african g/keeper doin well in Europe cos they're not given equal chances. Btw, I know say i dey a little bit harsh on nsofor but i know am wella, na one-chance-kind-of-player him be!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by kobonaire(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2013
naija noni:
Sorry for that.But Why do people use past eaglets to judge dese current ones ?.
Didnt u watch d worldcup ??
So u have eyes and yet u couldnt see a difference is those eaglets compared to d past ones??.
And fizzling out really has nothing to do with being over-aged.It has been happening not only to nigeria.
Having a great U/17 tournament doesnt mean u'll go ahead to have great career.Most of these players get exploited by evil football agents who would sell them out to even d indian league just to make money 4 demselves.Some of dese players arent guided well and end up making wrong decisions.There are A lot of factors to consider.
How many players 4rm the spain 2007 team we defeated in d finals are doing well now ??.Only de gea.Where is bojan,marcheda and d rest ?.Same with d germany team only kroos is doing very well now.Where are d rest ??.
I can begin to list past winners of d U/17 worldcup and past stars of d U/17 worldcup from other countries who faded out completely.You would see a lot of countries have been worse than nigeria.From d 2009 U/17s
Nigeria has more players currently doing well than d swizz who won d cup.The likes of Onazi,Omeruo,Azeez came from dat set and are doing well in top leagues.
But how many players 4rm dat swizz team are doing well ??
Mexico have been doing well in d U/17s recently,but how many of the players have become/became stars ??
So it isnt just a nigerian thing,its a general thing,even happening to spain,brazil,germany e.t.c.
Some players go on to have a good career,some players fade out.
40 percent of d nigerian starting XI dat played today came 4rm d U/17s(Mikel,Onazi,Echiejile,Omeruo,nsofor).
Many great countries cant boast of dat.Kanu,Oruma,obasi,taiwo e.t.c came 4rm d U/17s too.These players had a decent career.
Im quite aware nigeria has been horribly cheating in d past,but i saw a huge difference in dis present set.They were really young.And im not going to use d past sets to judge dis present ones.
Why dont u wait for d next 5 years 1st to see how d players 4rm dis particular set fare,before u begin to judge them??
Apology accepted. You have indeed listed many good points ... more than i can even count with my fingers grin... I rest my case .. I am convinced. In all sincerity my first post was actually tongue in cheek. Though, I honestly do not believe that the Golden Eaglets can beat the Super Eagles, experience should not be underestimated even though the Golden Eaglets may look formidable against their peers.
Anyways, good points bros ... I respect your footy IQ/Passion wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by jazmartins: 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
Some Nigeria poeple here are not really Nigerian but slave, their great grndpa was a slave frm e.g Togo, congo e.t.c bcuz their great grndpa was a slave in great Nigeria dat is why they all commented like a bast**d Nigerian, noti Nigeria do that they are happy 4 , plz gud great Nigeria don't pay attention to slaves we av in here.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Bome01(m): 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
jazmartins: Some Nigeria poeple here are not really Nigerian but slave, their great grndpa was a slave frm e.g Togo, congo e.t.c bcuz their great grndpa was a slave in great Nigeria dat is why they all commented like a bast**d Nigerian, noti Nigeria do that they are happy 4 , plz gud great Nigeria don't pay attention to slaves we av in here.
are you through? Ok. . . U see that open well behind u? Follow that route to hell!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
SEN vs CIV is hot!

Senegal pressing hard.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by OkeyDePrince(m): 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
It's all in the name of qualifying to the World Cup...
They really have nothing to offer. No term will be
like USA 94.. I wish they Gudluck anyway........
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by kobonaire(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
OkeyDePrince: It's all in the name of qualifying to the World Cup... They really have nothing to offer. No term will be
like USA 94.. I wish they Gudluck anyway........
I am still scratching my head trying to understand what you are saying bros
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by kobonaire(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
imperiouxx: SEN vs CIV is hot! Senegal pressing hard.
And that is a proper football pitch too
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 8:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
kobonaire: And that is a proper football pitch too

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by isalegan2: 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
Senegal are playing Cote d'Ivoire now. Just started watching on a stream. Nil all at 36 minute mark.

No idea where each stands in qualification. Does anyone know?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by striker9(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
Congrats to naija,na Brazil sure pass.Stop complaining about the poor performance,these guys started from the bottom and they have made naija proud.Keshi needs to work even harder,inviting more players is not the solution,but maintaining the present ones .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply)

See What Mikel Obi's Russian Girl Friend Bought For Him As Birthday Gift [photo] / 5 Most Handsome Young Footballers / Kanu Nwankwo Joins FIFA Legends In Russia, See His Wife's Reaction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.