Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks (25470 Views)

Who Is The Better Fighter Between Jet Li And Jackie Chan?? / Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist / Ghanaian, Joey Ansah, To Direct Live-action ‘street Fighter' Tv Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks by Vieira(m): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2012
Star Trek > Star Wars
Re: Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks by DaftInvader: 4:38pm On Feb 18, 2012
Sacrilege! cheesy Star Trek lacks the sense of fun and adventure that Star Wars has, the aliens are too human and the plots too corporate and clinical. Action wise Star Trek is spectacularly cheesy to watch, the hammer fists, duck and phaser fire etc, Even so I enjoy Star Trek to some degree, at least there's hundreds of hrs to watch from TV whereas with Star Wars if you total the films and the cartoons, well much less to see. Star Trek has the cool transporter technology, holodecks, Hyperspace looks way cooler than warp drive, lightsabres are far more showy than any Star Trek melee weapons. I will say I like persistent beams, which Star Trek is full of, Star Wars the majority of their lasers are shots not bursts, Both have their ups and downs, Star Trek uniforms suck though! smiley

Anyway if the legendary rivalries between SW and Trekkies is true I hope you have a FTL transport for posting Star Trek > Star Wars grin
Re: Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks by tpia5: 3:39am On Feb 19, 2012
star trek is different from star wars.

anyway, @ topic

maybe obi-wan.
Re: Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks by itstpia99: 4:09am On Mar 08, 2015
DaftInvader:
Sacrilege! cheesy Star Trek lacks the sense of fun and adventure that Star Wars has, the aliens are too human and the plots too corporate and clinical. Action wise Star Trek is spectacularly cheesy to watch, the hammer fists, duck and phaser fire etc, Even so I enjoy Star Trek to some degree, at least there's hundreds of hrs to watch from TV whereas with Star Wars if you total the films and the cartoons, well much less to see. Star Trek has the cool transporter technology, holodecks, Hyperspace looks way cooler than warp drive, lightsabres are far more showy than any Star Trek melee weapons. I will say I like persistent beams, which Star Trek is full of, Star Wars the majority of their lasers are shots not bursts, Both have their ups and downs, Star Trek uniforms suck though! smiley

Anyway if the legendary rivalries between SW and Trekkies is true I hope you have a FTL transport for posting Star Trek > Star Wars grin

Well, I personally am more into some of the star treks, but star wars is also ok I guess.
Re: Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks by itstpia99: 4:10am On Mar 08, 2015
Vieira:
Star Trek > Star Wars

Really?
Re: Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks by MasterConah: 5:21am On Nov 01, 2015
I know this is old but i feel like having my say and outting forth my own view on this .

1. Exar kun. He was a master of all the traditional forms ,a tactical genius ,used a unique saber that gave an added element of surprised and was noted as being nearly unbeatable untill his inevitable demise.

2. Mace windu . Struck a balance within the force when fighting he was able to soak in his foes negative energy and power and release it into his furious form VII style,vaapad . He was extremely adept at enhancing his physical strength ,speed and even harden his hands to punch and kick clean through droids He defeated darth sidious in the duel only to be slaughtered while off gaurd . A feat not even yoda could manage .
and finally he created his own style of saber combat .This only adds to his apparent knowledge of duelling .

3.Count Douku. This man was extremely talented and needs nothing but his skill with makashi to the him the third spot . Unlike the others the ability to increase physical attributes or a tricky lightsaber need not come into it . His mastery of his style is unparalleled in any form . His elegant deadly form II style was fast ,precise and utterly intricate. Probably the greatest pure duelist of all time this man was able to remain one of the best well into old age ,defeating obi wan ,anakin ,holing back the whirlwind of grand master yoda i can only imagine how these would of played out had he had his youth . He was olso a very tactical man and always waited patiently for his advantage. His lightsaber was perfect for his style , the curve granting better leverage ,faster transitions and more accurate strikes . He defeated so many great jedi while he was well past his prime . Great swordsman.

4. Tulak hord ,now we dont have much to go on but lets look at what we do know of this legendary figure . He was well known for his mastery of combat and dueling in a time where masters were great . He is said tohave laid waste to jedi sieges single handedly . Sid to have killed over a thousand jedi in battle . I f thats anything to go by he deserves a place on this last

5. luke skywalker , we all know why he's on here . He was the shien and djiem so master that defeated darth vader with merely a few years experience and saved the galaxy from the insidious emperor . Luke is the man .

6.yoda , we've all seen this little green acrobat in a fight . Its nothing short of inspiring . He fought sidious, beat douku narrowly ,performed many feats of valour during the clone wars with saber in hand . Master of ataru ,grand master of the council . I give him this place with valid reason . (the reason he's below douku despite beating him is simple . Not only is his species blessed with longevity unlike douku who was old and slowing when they duelled but styles can make up for skill . Ataru is possibly the best style to fight Makashi with)

7.Obi wan kenobi, "the master of soresu "in mace windus words .No other jedi held so true the title of jedi knight as obi wan the negotiator .
But he was also an incredible swordsman . Favouring defence over anything else as a jedi knight and defender of the peace should . Defeated Anakin , greivious ,asajj ventress, darth maul as a padawan and forced maul and savage opress to retreat in the same fight ,was able to stand amidst a swarm of blaster bolts unlike any other jedi had attemted and deflected an parried every single shot . i want to put him higher but i shall refrain . My personal favourite character of this era. Jedi knight in its truest form

8.Darth vader /anakin skywalker, i think he was underated and overrated both . He was over rated as the chosen one then became underrated when people realised he didnt reach his full potential . But he was still an incredible combatant . Like his son mastered djiem so and shien , his physical stature was impressive and he defeated douku and many other formidable opponents such as asajj ventress.

9. Raskta lsu ,she mastered all forms of lightsaber combat and was recognised as the best of her time by the jedi order .Although her mastery of the force was poor .She fought darth bane and beat him only to be defeated by a force wave that knocked her on her arse. But all in all no man nor woman of her time was as masterful with a blade or two. She was the absolute bomb on tython showing off her skills with incredible finesse ,speed,precision ,strength . well deserved to be on here .

10.Darth sidious . Fought yoda , defeated kit fisto , held his own against the formidable mace windu , defeated savage opress and darth maul at the same time . Although like yoda his strength lies in his force wielding more than saber wielding some of these victories took some degree of skill with a saber.

there are alot more from the novels but im trying to keep it as canon as i can im not sure if the prequel books are canon or not but i threw a few in for good mesure there are alot more were they came from tho
Re: Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks by itstpia99: 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
space booked.
Re: Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks by sage1000: 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
You guys forgot the greatest force user ever. Revan. Written in the era of KOTOR i.e Knights of The Old Republic. Singularly the most praised Jedi and most reviled Sith. He is simply awesome. Well my bias may be showing though but coupled with the superb side-sick, the psychotic murder robot HK-47. He is simply the best.

Yoda is also good I guess.
Re: Who Is The Best Fighter With A Lightsaber Out Of All The Starwars Movies Orbooks by BraniacX(m): 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
Jduck13:
I have researched this topic and found out General Grevious Killed 23 Jedi And Fought Mace Windu and tied him But Mace windu Found the generals shatterpoint He has No force power So the next time they meet up he force crushes his stomach and leaves him with the Cough We see on episode 3 Obi-One beat grievious because Mace told Obi-One General Grievious's Shatterpoint. This Is why I say General Grievious is so deadly with a Lightsaber
But he does have a flaw his inability to use the force if he could use the force he would be one of the most Powerful Ever (killed by Obi-One)

Mace Windu Killed Kar Vastor and Beat Palpatine he also is the only one with a purple lightsabercant say to much about him he speaks for himself

Tulak Hord
It was said of Hord that he was the greatest of the ancient lightsaber masters of the Sith. Kreia stated that compared to him, all the greatest masters since were as children playing with toys.
Luke Skywalker Is the #1 Duelist and #1 With a Lightsaber because He beat The most Powerful Sith Ever Darth Vader

Darth Vader Has most Minichloriance and Killed Count Dooku and Obi-One not including 23 Other Jedi Not including all the other sith he killed when he was Anakin. This Leaves Darth With over 25  Kills Making Him the most Powerful Duelist Other Than Luke (Killed By Luke )

Obi-One Is a Wise Powerul mostly Smart fighter He won all of his battles with his ability to  outsmart the other Person Look at how he beat Grievious how he beat Maul How he Beat Anakin and think about it why he did not beat Count because Count was Smarter than Him He had More Age More experiance and wisdom this is why Obi-One did not beat Count

This means Obi-One high Up there as a duelist But not the most Powerful with a Lightsaber Hes jus smart (Killed By Vader)

Darth Maul Darth Maul Is the only person ever to be seen wielding a Saber staff not only that But Darth Maul at one point just about beat Darth Sidiuos In a Lightsaber Battle The story goes Like this     
    Sidious abandoned Maul on an isolated Outer Rim world, forcing him to survive alone while being hunted by hordes of assassin droids. After a month's time, his master returned and challenged his apprentice to a duel, one which Maul quickly lost. Sidious then told Maul that he had failed and he had been secretly training a replacement for him. Rage and hatred overwhelmed Maul and in one final act of defiance, he nearly defeated his master. When Maul's emotions were finally spent, he prepared himself for death, yet his master laughed instead. By wanting to kill his own master, Maul had in fact passed the final test.
      He did not officially beat His master but this was after having to survive on his own and fight hundreds of battle droids and this was early in Darth Mauls Life as a sith He had just become one at that time which makes me think that In episode 1 darth Maul was stronger than sidious. (defeated by qui-Gonn and Obi-One)

Count Dooku He held his own against Yoda Beat Obi-One and Killed Master Syfodius theres not much to say about him he speaks for himself (defeated By Anakin)

Darth sidious a.k.a Emperor Palpatine defeated The 3 Jedi helping Mace windu Arrest Palpatine and he beat Yoda also he killed  Ashka Boda Geith Empatojayos Brand
This Shows that sidious is Very Powerful (defeated By Mace windu and Killed by Vader)

There is no way to Say who is best Because of all the possibilitys of people lettig people win and There is no pattern to say who is the best Therefore the best cannot be Thought of There is one who does stand out above the rest and it is Luke Skywalker therefore He is the greatest of all U have seen what I have came up with from the data now u use it to come up with your own conclusions

the best light saber duellist ever was mace master windu and that is because of two reasons
1. his light saber technique which he invented is the seventh, Final and ultimate form of light saber combat and is known as the vapaad and a vapaad master was unbeatable in combat excluding other factors such as control for vapaad was a technique that teetered on the edge of falling into the dark side so a vapaad master needed to continuously analyze himself and his motives actions and consequences so as not to fall prey to the dark side through the vapaad trap. There were only two people to ever master vapaad mace windu and his prodigy and one time padawan depa bilabar who eventually ended up catatonic when forced to face what she had become others who attempted vapaad ended up being mastered by vapaad and falling into the dark side even without them knowing it and when kar vastor beat mace windu it was not in armed combat besides kar vastor was a younger stronger bigger kinsman of mace windu who could wield the force with such power as windu never had plus I think windu intentionally lost the fight. no one else ever beat windu again not even kar vastor

2 . windus force talent was the shatterpoint which meant that by means of the force windu could for see how an opponent would not could be beaten in the shortest number of moves irrespective of the opponents fighting prowess.

so the combination of vapaad and the shatterpoint simply made windu unbeatable making him the best ever fighter in the star wars universe simply put mace windu was made to fight

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija: Hermes Nominates Phyna, Amaka, 3 Other Housemates For Possible Eviction / Big Brother Naija 2019 To Hold In Nigeria, Audition Dates Announced / #bbnaija: The Dress Is Ugly – Kemi Olunloyo On Cee-c And Payporte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.