Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man - TV/Movies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man (41584 Views)

Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries / ONIKOLA Movie By Funmi Fiberesima: An Exposé On Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) / Join Funmi Iyanda Live Tomorrow On The Nta Network And Ltv 8 Between 9am -10am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 06, 2013
99cent: If as a woman you have ambition to become a very successful person, in some african countries, u will be called lesbian for having ambition. The belief is that only men are supposed to be poweful therefore any woman with aims to become successful must be a lesbian.
In the past, female PhD holders in Nigeria were called lesbians because they are trying to compete with men. Today, that is a ridiculous idea.

In the future, this whole anti-gay movement will also be a ridiculous idea

Dream on.......... after all it is free to dream grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 1:54am On Nov 06, 2013
99cent:

how are you sure that Seun (the creator of this website) is heterosexual?
will you quit nairaland if you find out the owner was gay?
rubbish.

Yes I would, my life does not depend on Nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 1:54am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:

Enwero m oge gi. Oge gi aga la (Your time don pass). Go and look for a Nigerian homosexual website, maybe you will find some one to eat your poo poo tonight. grin grin grin grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnrLt3VuSM
ignoramus, u think like an average hetero... Sex sex sex... Find me a technology or programming website, and may be i'll consider asking u out...cheesy
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 06, 2013
99cent:

Well, it is accepted in Nigeria (if you are able to think outside the box). So long as gays exist in Nigeria (which they do), they will have accepting communities and have lives in ways any other human being would.
Are osu people accepted in Igbo land? NO. Do they live their lives? yes.

How do you know that you don't talk to homosexuals? You can't recognize a homosexual just by looking at him/her can you? hahahaha

well,I live in d USA and i'm heterosexual but I have gay friends and even gay co-workers. One of my math professors as a university student was a gay man.He is married to another gay man and they have an adopted child. They are just normal human beings. Some of the men are very effeminate. God created them like that. Will God make a mistake in creating man? NO.

In fact, in African culture before colonization, you have concepts like Yan Daudu in Hausa culture that was completely acepted. Today, they are called homosexuals or gay and are persecuted by society. You can see the same concepts in yoruba and igbo cultures if you do your research. They exist in all societies.

Societies that are most anti-gay tend to also be ones that are most repressive toward women. If you ever see a culture or society where women have rights (women like Fumni Iyanda, Chimamanda Adichie etc), you will see more acceptance of homosexuality.

Homosexuality does not exist in Igboland, if you are making atrocious, sacrilegious and fallacious statements you should at least have facts to back that up. I am full bloodied Igbo woman, and I am telling you that Homosexuality is a western concept, take it or leave it.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by 99cent: 1:58am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:

Dream on.......... after all it is free to dream grin grin grin grin grin

ok. It is starting to seem that you are on this thread just for attention. None of your posts so far are very coherent or sensible.
Do you know that in all societies, the most vulnerable (powerless) population statistically are children, women and elderly. Then in each society, you will have other vulnerable groups or "marginalized" groups based on religion, ethnicity (osu etc), sexuality (gays etc)etc
It is human nature to be wicked especially toward those who are less powerful than you. So I don't blame you. If Nigeria went after the powerful corrupt politicians with the same amount of venom that they go after weak members of society, Nigeria will be a developed country by now. Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 1:59am On Nov 06, 2013
GSKing:
ignoramus, u think like an average hetero... Sex sex sex... Find me a technology or programming website, and may be i'll consider asking u out...cheesy

Humour yourself i.d.i.o.t I do have any business with faeces, may be you should just concentrate on your a.s.s licking and poo sucking. You are just useless. gosh.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 06, 2013
99cent:

ok. It is starting to seem that you are on this thread just for attention. None of your posts so far are very coherent or sensible.
Do you know that in all societies, the most vulnerable (powerless) population statistically are children, women and elderly. Then in each society, you will have other vulnerable groups or "marginalized" groups based on religion, ethnicity (osu etc), sexuality (gays etc)etc
It is human nature to be wicked especially toward those who are less powerful than you. So I don't blame you. If Nigeria went after the powerful corrupt politicians with the same amount of venom that they go after weak members of society, Nigeria will be a developed country by now. Think about it.

In as much as I hate corruption and all that, I am telling you that there is no way I will equate homosexuality to that. I do not need to tell you if I talk against corruption or not, all I am saying is that, this is a homophobic country, I am homophobic and we say NO to homosexuality. Corruption or no corruption, wickedness or no wickedness. #dazall

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 06, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnrLt3VuSM

Eat the poo poo

We say NO to homosexuality.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 2:06am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:
By the way what's the term for homosexuality in your local language? we can start from there, if you don't know it, then you have nothing to argue about.
Homosexuality does not exist in Igboland, if you are making atrocious, sacrilegious and fallacious statements you should at least have facts to back that up. I am full bloodied Igbo woman, and I am telling you that Homosexuality is a western concept, take it or leave it.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 2:09am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:

Chai, misguided fellow, have you been following the news lately? Come on we all know that all of this is media hype. Let me drum it into your head, homosexuality is abnormal and the world let alone Nigeria will never get used to it. Deal with it.

lmao! @beautiful set of teeth, its girls like u that actually have disturbingly scattered dentition in real lifecheesy If U think naija will remain stagnant, in ur dreams, she must conform to current best practices of 21st century. If not, it will die primitive. Im glad we have moved past the awkward name calling stage. Now, can we at least have a healthy discussion?cheesy
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 2:15am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:

Humour yourself i.d.i.o.t I do have any business with faeces, may be you should just concentrate on your a.s.s licking and poo sucking. You are just useless. gosh.

Am I? Dont jump in2 conclusions cos u dont know me-ur words! Who told u i lick azz and suck poo? Lol, i do other interesting things too u knw? Do u want an experience? Just asking o... I dnt want peeps to think i can "see" some1 as fugly as u are
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 06, 2013
GSKing:
lmao! @beautiful set of teeth, its girls like u that actually have disturbingly scattered dentition in real lifecheesy If U think naija will remain stagnant, in ur dreams, she must conform to current best practices of 21st century. If not, it will die primitive. Im glad we have moved past the awkward name calling stage. Now, can we at least have a healthy discussion?cheesy

How can one have a healthy discussion with an unhealthy fellow? especially one who is mentally unhealthy? I treat your likes in the hospital. I can never have a healthy discussion with an unhealthy fellow like you.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 06, 2013
GSKing:
Am I? Dont jump in2 conclusions cos u dont know me-ur words! Who told u i lick azz and suck poo? Lol, i do other interesting things too u knw? Do u want an experience? Just asking o... I dnt want peeps to think i can "see" some1 as fugly as u are

And the end of the day its self esteem and self worth that reallly matters, so you are making zero sense by actually calling me ugly. I think you are running out of things to say, like I said call me when animals start indulging in homosexual acts and when micro organisms start reproducing homosexually. Until then you have no case to argue.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by lynk106: 2:26am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:
all I am saying is that, this is a homophobic country, I am homophobic and we say NO to homosexuality. Corruption or no corruption, wickedness or no wickedness. #dazall

why do you say "we" instead of "I"?
you accept corruption, you accept wickedness because others are accepting it?
what about polygamy?

if rich men are involved in polygamy, it will be accepted. if rich men are openly involved in homosexuality it will also be accepted.
do you ever wonder why lesbians are more accepted than gays?

at the end of the day, you sound like someone who does not have the gut to stand for yourself. You go wherever the mob or crowd goes and the entirety of your argument is based on d idea that a large population of people in Nigeria agree with you.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 2:29am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:

who cares which bloody tribe u from? Homosexuality is a western concept, so is civilization, education, technology and modernization, the whole of westernization and every ur crappy christianity! All is western concept yet u accepted all n leave one out. I'll tell u what nigerian/african concepts are, they include: primitivity, slavery, dictatorship, feudalism, kleptocracy, corruption, mediocrity, uncivilization, cave man/early man unculturedness, brutality, et al. Yet u all reject these way of life. Lol, ignorance is ur friend @igbo gyal, accept homosexuality by force or by firegrin

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by lynk106: 2:30am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:

People say Love and Romance are also western concepts. If they are right, then yes indeed, Homosexuality is a western concept.
Reason being that the idea behind Homosexuality involves two people of the same sex who are in love with each other.
In the past, the word that was used "sodomy" only involves the sex.
Sodomy or homosexual sex without love being implicated was rampant in Africa when the british came that the british had to ban it by law. Just plain sex where love or romance is not involved is nothing new to Africa or Nigeria.
In fact, there are places in Africa historically where men will have sex with other men as a spiritual act. Can you imagine. Of course they didn't call it homosexuality.

Last time I checked, they were arresting gay men in IMO state. yeah... homosexuality doesn't exist in igboland indeed.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by lynk106: 2:32am On Nov 06, 2013
GSKing:
Homosexuality is a western concept, so is civilization, education, technology and modernization, the whole of westernization and every ur crappy christianity! All are western concepts yet u accepted all n leave one out. I'll tell u what nigerian/african concepts are, they include: primitivity, slavery, dictatorship, feudalism, kleptocracy, corruption, mediocrity, uncivilization, cave man/early man unculturedness, brutality, et al. Yet u all reject these way of life. Lol, ignorance is ur friend @igbo gyal, accept homosexuality by force or by firegrin

GBAM!!
even ROMANTIC LOVE is considered a western concept

hence why homosexuality is seen as a western concept by those who are too blind to notice that heterosexual monogamous marriage based on love is also a western concept.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 2:35am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:

And the end of the day its self esteem and self worth that reallly matters, so you are making zero sense by actually calling me ugly. I think you are running out of things to say, like I said call me when animals start indulging in homosexual acts and when micro organisms start reproducing homosexually. Until then you have no case to argue.
you called urself beautiful and i can beat my chest and say u are effing ugly. FYI, there are homosexual animals too, they engage in the act! Same way u dug out that blazing youtube video, click google and read about homosexuality in animals... Sorry i called u uglycheesy
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 2:39am On Nov 06, 2013
And she googles awaygrin
That gyal is a complete definition of ignorance!
Educate urself and come back for more intelligent discoveries.
Google never abandons anyonecheesy
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by lynk106: 2:48am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:

And the end of the day its self esteem and self worth that reallly matters, so you are making zero sense by actually calling me ugly. I think you are running out of things to say, .

you don't seem to have any self esteem or self worth to begin with. Your whole entire argument on this thread is based on "we" statements rather than "I" statements. "we in Nigeria" this "we in igboland" that. I'm not asking what other Nigerians believe. I'm asking what YOU believe. If you have any self esteem at all, you will be able to stand for yourself and give logical arguments for why you hold your beliefs.

like I said call me when animals start indulging in homosexual acts and when micro organisms start reproducing homosexually. Until then you have no case to argue

you are so DUMB that I had to shake my head by just reading this statement. Are you seriously this ignorant?
1.Homosexual behavior DOES exist in animals.
2. Do microorganisms have gender? what a dummy. in your mind microorganisms are divided into male and female. what a fool. You might as well ask us if the orange tree in your back yard is having sex.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by GSKing: 2:56am On Nov 06, 2013
lynk106:

you don't seem to have any self esteem or self worth to begin with. Your whole entire argument on this thread is based on "we" statements rather than "I" statements. "we in Nigeria" this "we in igboland" that. I'm not asking what other Nigerians believe. I'm asking what YOU believe. If you have any self esteem at all, you will be able to stand for yourself and give logical arguments for why you hold your beliefs.

you are so DUMB that I had to shake my head by just reading this statement. Are you seriously this ignorant?
1.Homosexual behavior DOES exist in animals.
2. Do microorganisms have gender? what a dummy. in your mind microorganisms are divided into male and female. what a fool. You might as well ask us if the orange tree in your back yard is having sex.
Lawd have mercy, lmfao!!!gringringringringrin
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 06, 2013
GSKing:
who cares which bloody tribe u from? Homosexuality is a western concept, so is civilization, education, technology and modernization, the whole of westernization and every ur crappy christianity! All is western concept yet u accepted all n leave one out. I'll tell u what nigerian/african concepts are, they include: primitivity, slavery, dictatorship, feudalism, kleptocracy, corruption, mediocrity, uncivilization, cave man/early man unculturedness, brutality, et al. Yet u all reject these way of life. Lol, ignorance is ur friend @igbo gyal, accept homosexuality by force or by firegrin

lwkmd
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 06, 2013
99cent: If as a woman you have ambition to become a very successful person, in some african countries, u will be called lesbian for having ambition. The belief is that only men are supposed to be poweful therefore any woman with aims to become successful must be a lesbian.
In the past, female PhD holders in Nigeria were called lesbians because they are trying to compete with men. Today, that is a ridiculous idea.

In the future, this whole anti-gay movement will also be a ridiculous idea

Sure thing grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:

No homosexuality in Igbo land? A very naive statement indeed! I dare say you'll be shocked when you learn the facts.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Illuminatus(m): 8:22am On Nov 06, 2013
Rilamaka:

All you Gays and gay sympathisers give ur life to Christ and stop bringing shame and pain to your respective families cry cry cry.

If not for anything think about your poor mother and father, btw if they were gay u lot won't be here chatting shit, u need help. Ask for it before its too late, deranged elements.
I'm sick and tired of hearing this particular argument. It is petty
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 06, 2013
lynk106:

why do you say "we" instead of "I"?
you accept corruption, you accept wickedness because others are accepting it?
what about polygamy?

if rich men are involved in polygamy, it will be accepted. if rich men are openly involved in homosexuality it will also be accepted.
do you ever wonder why lesbians are more accepted than gays?

at the end of the day, you sound like someone who does not have the gut to stand for yourself. You go wherever the mob or crowd goes and the entirety of your argument is based on d idea that a large population of people in Nigeria agree with you.

My friend read my post properly before u vomit ur nonsense, I personally am "homophobic" because its is extremely unnatural, its pure madness that people like you are in a hurry to identify with just because the western world glorifies it. Polygamy is african and its very natural, I do not have a single problem with that as my culture is associated with polygamy. I am categorically and specifically telling you that homosexuals like you DO NOT have a case to argue. Don't even bother comparing that distasteful act with polygamy or even corruption those are natural acts and like I said before homosexuality is unnatural and so they are not on the same page.

Look for something else....

1 Like

Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2013
I guess we should leave that girl alone. Who knows, she might be going through another serial heartbreaks. Who knows how many of her boyfriends she has lost to gays due to her obvious ugliness which is so easy to notice from her voice and comments.
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 06, 2013
GSKing:

And so if all the bloody concepts you mentioned are all westernized? Are you that dumb not to actually decipher facts from fiction. What makes you think that the proper Nigerian/African was not and would have lead a normal life without the influx of your so called western culture? Do you read your history books? Do you know sh.it about your tribe? to spit out all this nonsense about homosexuality? sleeping with a fellow man/woman? Living with them? marrying them for Zap's sake and then buying children from sane heterosexual peeps? Does that not sound like madness to you? You really are ignorant and so hopelessly blinded in this ur quest of "westernization". All of this Nigerian/African concepts existed in the western world FYI, and still do, to a large extent. Let me tell you if you are ashamed of being Nigerian/African, you move you b.a.s.tar.d. I can guarantee that you will get asylum in the UK. Hopeless id.o.i.ot.

If you are so ahead in your fight for homosexuality, I dare you to come out and voice ur concerns, I am telling you arguing your case on Nairaland won't do sh.it. so bring it on......fo.ol.

btw what's do you lots call homosexuality in your local language? I bet your mum and dad are proud of you
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2013
Johnpaul88: I guess we should leave that girl alone. Who knows, she might be going through another serial heartbreaks. Who knows
how many of her boyfriends she has lost to gays due to her obvious ugliness which is so easy to notice from her voice and comments.

Projection! that's the word, quit chatting sh.it about yourself and move...fo.ol. By the way don't you have an a.s.s to lick today?
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 06, 2013
Illuminatus:
I'm sick and tired of hearing this particular argument. It is petty

Go to the hospital then...
Re: Funmi Iyanda - NTA Shut-down My Show For Interviewing A Gay Man by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2013
Johnpaul88: No homosexuality in Igbo land? A very naive statement indeed! I dare say you'll be shocked when you learn the facts.

What facts exactly? I need facts, historical facts, btw have you found the name for homosexuality in your language? you can ask your mother or better still your grandmother, I am waiting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React / Mercy, Tacha, Mike, Seyi, Ike: 2019 BBNaija 5 Most Searched Housemates On Google / BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.