Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation (1309 Views)

APC Leaders Shun Fashola’s Book Presentation In Lagos / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. / Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by awodman: 10:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
Leaders of the All Progressives Congress, including a
former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and a
former Head of State, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari
(retd.), on Wednesday made a surprise appearance at the
presentation of a book in honour of the retired President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Ayo Salami.

The book titled, ‘Isa Ayo Salami: Through Life and Justice,
was written to mark Salami’s retirement from service.

The former PCA retired while still serving a suspension
placed on him by the National Judicial Council following a
disagreement with the then Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Aloysius Katsina-Alu.

The APC delegation, which arrived shortly after the
commencement of the event, also included the party’s
National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, the governors of
Osun, Ekiti and Zamfara states, Rauf Aregbesola, Kayode
Fayemi, and Abubakar Yari respectively.

Others included the party’s national spokesman, Alhaji Lai Mohammed; a former minister of the Federal Capital
Territory, Mallam Nasir El Rufai, as well as several national
and state lawmakers in the party.

On behalf of ’11 progressive governors’ of the APC, Yari,the chief presenter, purchased 250 copies of the book in the sum of N55m.

According to him, the books are to be donated to Nigerian
universities.

In an address at the event, Justice Salami, who retired after reaching 70 years on October 15, 2013, said he had no regrets for refusing to pervert the course of justice, as he was allegedly instructed by Justice Katsina-Alu, even
though the development led to his suspension from office.

www.punchng.com/news/tinubu-buhari-apc-govs-storm-salamis-book-presentation/
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
Katsina Alu and Ayo Salami were my mum superior. I met Ayo Salami before and it was a pleasure talking to him. Only God knows what transpired between the two jurists.

Justice Akanbi was the most humble judge of all the Court of Appeal justices I ever met. Justice Babba of Court of Appeal is another great one I met several time.
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by awodman: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
The APC chiefs just confirmed to us that they have a long standing unholy alliance with this man..source of their many judicial victories..only if MTN can release those call logs

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
All na politics.. Wia cn i get dat salami's book?
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by Clerverly: 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
awodman: The APC chiefs just confirmed to us that they have a long standing unholy alliance with this man..source of their many judicial victories..only if MTN can release those call logs

Cry cry baby! Go and deal with the one now in public domain- Coscharis and stella Call logs cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
RubyTheBlogger: All na politics.. Wia cn i get dat salami's book?
It should be on Amazon soon. I am getting one also.
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by atlwireles: 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
I hope they also retain him as APC legal counsel. Salami will forever remain, a Cash and carry judge.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by Olalekan0(m): 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless: Katsina Alu and Ayo Salami were my mum superior. I met Ayo Salami before and it was a pleasure talking to him. Only God knows what transpired between the two jurists.

Justice Akanbi was the most humble judge of all the Court of Appeal justices I ever met. Justice Babba of Court of Appeal is another great one I met several time.
Nigerians shaa,what's our business with whom your mom's superiors or surbordinates are? Why must you give an exhaustive list of people you've met?
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by amarilo: 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
220000k for a retirement book? Lord have mercy.
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
Olalekan 0: Nigerians shaa,what's our business with whom your mom's superiors or surbordinates are? Why must you give an exhaustive list of people you've met?
Hang yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by awodman: 11:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
Olalekan 0: Nigerians shaa,what's our business with whom your mom's superiors or surbordinates are? Why must you give an exhaustive list of people you've met?
He is just telling you..that he is part of the people who have refused to put the numerous corrupt persons to jail

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by teskyg: 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Retired in disgrace.
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by Brimmie(m): 11:59pm On Oct 30, 2013

What's your contribution to this topic!? undecided

Ayo, thanks for chasing the Thieves out of South West. Too bad, you werent allowed to deal with that Doctor-Turned-Thief in Ondo State.

Payless, mail me when you get one! wink
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 31, 2013
I must say its disappointing and ethically wrong for a judge(even retired) to openly associate partisanly with politicians, during all his travails I felt it was all a grand PDP conspiracy but now I'm beginning to doubt whether he wasn't compromised politically after all.........just imagine if GEJ and all PDP chieftains were attending a Justice Kastina Ala book launch, we would all be screaming blue murder right now....this is just plain wrong

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by ikweremilitant: 2:03am On Oct 31, 2013
wats ur own.u can tel us d numba of kidnapas or boko harm u have met,nd actualy pays u a family visit
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by Trut(m): 6:36am On Oct 31, 2013
emk4lif: I must say its disappointing and ethically wrong for a judge(even retired) to openly associate partisanly with politicians, during all his travails I felt it was all a grand PDP conspiracy but now I'm beginning to doubt whether he wasn't compromised politically after all.........just imagine if GEJ and all PDP chieftains were attending a Justice Kastina Ala book launch, we would all be screaming blue murder right now....this is just plain wrong

Bro, you just wrote what is in my mind.
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by Jarus(m): 6:40am On Oct 31, 2013
A good ambassador of Offa Grammar School, my alma mater.
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by dridowu: 6:53am On Oct 31, 2013
atlwireles: I hope they also retain him as APC legal counsel. Salami will forever remain, a Cash and carry judge.
have u forgotten dat in today Nigeria politics it is Tit for Tat, if a case dat involve pdp and others is in supreme court who do u think Justice Mary Okaego Odili (wife of former Rivers Gov Peter Odili) will support ? Don't you think she will try to influence other Judge ? So bro get it right Nigeria Politician buys the Judge to favour them.
@musiwa , hw far ? Lng tme
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by musiwa112: 7:12am On Oct 31, 2013
they are scared of one time governor.. it is too late. the people of nigeria dont want them anymore because they have betray the people of nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjWFOcn1y8
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by adino(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2013
amarilo: 220000k for a retirement book? Lord have mercy.
That is apc price.
That is what they have for Nigerians, Over-Inflation of road projects, cars, schools and even books. Hmmm, thunder fire them no Aso Rock for them except their various Asss-Hole rocks where they currently hypocritically hold sway
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by adino(m): 8:05am On Oct 31, 2013
Good riddance to cash and carry justice. Injustice salami retire in shame, though you do not have shame.
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by luvinhubby(m): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2013
emk4lif: I must say its disappointing and ethically wrong for a judge(even retired) to openly associate partisanly with politicians, during all his travails I felt it was all a grand PDP conspiracy but now I'm beginning to doubt whether he wasn't compromised politically after all.........just imagine if GEJ and all PDP chieftains were attending a Justice Kastina Ala book launch, we would all be screaming blue murder right now....this is just plain wrong
Thanks bro, you spoke my thoughts.
These guys are not ashamed to be publicly validating judicial disgrace by a so called eminent jurist.
Salami was after all a very corrupt judge that deserved all he got.
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by luvinhubby(m): 8:23am On Oct 31, 2013
dridowu: have u forgotten dat in today Nigeria politics it is Tit for Tat, if a case dat involve pdp and others is in supreme court who do u think Justice Mary Okaego Odili (wife of former Rivers Gov Peter Odili) will support ? Don't you think she will try to influence other Judge ? So bro get it right Nigeria Politician buys the Judge to favour them
There is an Igbo adage that says `ALL DOGS EAT FEACES, BUT THE ONE WHOSE MOUTH IS STAINED WITH IT IS CALLED FEACES-EATER`.
In this case Salami can be publicly called a `CORRUPT JUDGE`.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by olaezebala: 9:43am On Oct 31, 2013
This just can't be right. APC bought 250 copies of Salami's retirement book for 55million naira? Meaning 220,000 naira per copy? Whaooo!!!

The saints
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by dridowu: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2013
luvinhubby:
There is an Igbo adage that says `ALL DOGS EAT FEACES, BUT THE ONE WHOSE MOUTH IS STAINED WITH IT IS CALLED FEACES-EATER`.
In this case Salami can be publicly called a `CORRUPT JUDGE`.
u can call him corrupt judge cos he was 1 in d news but if truly u follow Justice Salami case you will see that he was not find guilty in anyway . He was reinstate back as PCA By NJC but due to power from above d reinstatement could not complete
Re: Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation by nedu666: 10:23am On Oct 31, 2013
55 millllllllllllllllllllllllllllion naira for 250 books. kai like apc like pdp. salami chop and go

(1) (Reply)

Fraud Alert: How Inec Rigged Anambra Poll, Tony Nwoye Won! / ASUU: On The Path To Self-destruction / Governor Amaech'si Budget Presentation Illegal -rivers PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.