Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,502 members, 7,854,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (32663 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
angrymaybe I was wrong to have declared a dry fasting earlier because my mind is always on you guys...kk, I will update as usual but surely I will revenge your ' I need more, I need more' in anoda way angry
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]

writing my suicidal note, u will be charged, so u beta abort dis fasting and feed us more.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
writing my suicidal note, u will be charged, so u beta abort dis fasting and feed us more.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
Timcy2: writing my suicidal note, u will be charged, so u beta abort dis fasting and feed us more.[color=#990000][/color]

Fasting aborted...but dinner is refusing to get done o, what am I gonna do?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
Putting her plan into action, she reported the matter to the dean, not knowing that the man himself had witnessed the inception of the quarrel back in Gyrus. However, the dean feigned ignorance and called for the boys through Susie. As expected, the two boys showed up without any delay.
“She brought the report of a fight between you two, is it true?”
They responded through their noses in affirmation.
“Tell me what’s wrong,” the dean demanded, but the boys were mute. Susie sat impatiently as she was expecting a reply. Professor Wilson said at last, “I heard that you guys were fighting over a mongoloid lady, is it true?” In response to the man’s question, Henry and Ted nodded in disapproval to Susie’s amazement.
“But Ted, you testified to that,” Susie accused, pointing angrily at Ted in a confounded state. Ted was ashamed that Susie was going to regard him as a liar thereafter, so he said, “Sir, tell her to leave, we’ll tell you the truth.”
Susie was given the marching order and Ted shut the door against her. The boys began their stories in whispers after ensuring that the door had been perfectly shut.

Harrison and the younger Ted had been monitoring the moves of the two boys since the day they had had the fight in Gyrus. It seemed Harrison’s mirror was a TV set. Harrison and the younger Ted were delighted as they watched the boys’ funny acts; the one that had evoked laughter most was the fight they had on the taekwondo court, from where the boys had eventually been taken to the clinic.
“Ted,” Harrison called, “I’ll tell you a secret, which you mustn’t tell anyone. Harrison was wont to telling out his secrets to anyone he was going to have as friend. Since the death of his father, Harrison had been lonely, so all he had in mind had remained within his mind (though he had shared a little of it to Nick Albert, his deceased friend in the past). Harrison had been longing to pour them out to somebody else. A wife would have been better, but Harrison felt it was not time for marriage yet, if at all he would get married.
“What’s it Harrison?” Ted asked eagerly.
“Promise me you won’t tell anyone, else you’ll die.” Ted was scared, but he summoned courage and whispered, “I promise.”
“Henry and Ted indeed got the Power Guard’s wand as they had professed.” Harrison looked at Ted’s expressionless face. Ted kept calm, not knowing why Harrison was staring at him. He was scared of Harrison.
“I don’t know how they did this, but they did it as a matter of fact.”
“How d’you know?” Ted responded, not wanting Harrison to do the talking alone.
“The Power Guard told me that by himself when he was dying. He told me to get the wand back from them, that I did very easily, by transforming myself to Ted and getting the wand from Henry. That was exactly the cause of the quarrels between the two prats.”
The younger Ted bulged his eyes in shock after Harrison had revealed the secret. He had instantly developed strong indignation for Harrison, but he was still smiling in a superficial way to Harrison as if he was in teetotal agreement with his evil deeds.
“I see,” Ted said, releasing a long simulated smile. “But where’s it now?” He looked into Harrison’s face in apprehension, regretting that he had asked such a question. However, Harrison replied, “It was the same wand I used to repair those faulty gadgets.”
“How come no one discovered it?” Ted was shocked, “I’m sure they felt it was yours—how come?
“I changed its appearance,” Harrison confessed. “It’s quite easy for me to do that ’cos I’m the most powerful person in Gyrus,” Harrison grinned as he hit his chest hard with his broad left palm. The sound produced from the hitting was as if some men were pounding yam.
A brief moment of silence followed. Ted spoke later.
Ted psyched himself up to ask Harrison a question.
“Why did you set confusion among those friends? I mean—”
“Why shouldn’t I?” Harrison said. “Magic is all about the survival of the fittest. Set your enemies into confusion and get their glories.” Harrison lifted his head to see Ted’s countenance. It was a gloomy one.
Harrison said, “Besides those two guys are the greatest liars in Gyrus. They’ve never been promoted for once because of their evil deeds. I guess you heard what everyone referred to them as.”
“Yeah, the greatest liars,” Ted said quickly.
“Exactly,” Harrison backed it up with grins.
Ted was lost in thought. His heart thirsted for freedom from Harrison’s nest instantly. Many questions developed in Ted’s mind at once, but he asked the most pressing one.
“Em—did they really kill Nick, your friend?”
“Shut up!” Harrison yelled angrily at him. “You ask lots of questions.”
“I’m sorry Harrison,” apologized Ted with a fearful countenance.
“No problem,” Harrison responded casually. “Just make sure nobody knows about the mysteries I’ve just revealed to you, else—”
“I promise,” said Ted in whispers.
“Ted, do you know what?” Harrison said in a low tone, but putting on a smiling face now.
“What?” the boy asked apprehensively.
“You’ll go give this sealed powder to both of them in their campus.” Harrison passed a sealed substance in a powdery form to the younger Ted, who was looking at it in awe, not knowing what it was.
“What’s this thing?” demanded Ted inquisitively, but Harrison pulled gently at his neck in order to whisper the reply into his ear. After whispering it, Ted smiled satisfactorily to himself.
“It’s a good idea.” Ted hugged Harrison and said, “You’re a genius.”
Harrison was glad on hearing Ted’s comment, but he was however suspicious of the younger Ted’s manner. He felt that Ted was going to betray him. There and then Harrison came up with a plan. If what he was thinking about Ted was reality, then he was going to send him to his early grave.
“I’m going out right away,” announced Harrison. “Before I return make sure you’ve done the errand for me. No excuse okay?”
“No excuse,” replied Ted.
Just as he was about to depart, Harrison poured some tiny shiny thorny little substances on the mirror and they laughed as they watched the images in there perform some impromptu dances in response to the thorny substances Harrison had poured on the mirror.
“Bye Ted,” Harrison waved. “Don’t forget the errand.”
“I’ll do just that,” Ted replied. “Bye Harrison.”
He watched Harrison leave the house.
The younger Ted heaved a sigh of relief after Harrison had left. He gaped at the mirror and was having a great deal of pity for the boys in it—Ted and Henry, who were just rushing out of a room that seemed to him like an office.
“I’ll go settle their quarrels instantly,” resolved the younger Ted.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pour more kerosine, if possible use fuel, you know say late nite hunger worst pass day own.

Sammy Hoe:
Fasting aborted...but dinner is refusing to get done o, what am I gonna do?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Timcy2: Pour more kerosine, if possible use fuel, you know say late nite hunger worst pass day own.

Na petrol I even use sef...chai!!! this night food too plenty o. e be like say I go cut part of it commot o.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
No abeg no cut am o, i don dilute d first plate with water, and am tempted 2 say "................"

Sammy Hoe:
Na petrol I even use sef...chai!!! this night food too plenty o. e be like say I go cut part of it commot o.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aytuns(m): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
Please sam, dont let little ted die, i'm starting to like him
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 10, 2014
aytuns: Please sam, dont let little ted die, i'm starting to like him
ha! ha! ha! it depends on what Harrison decides to do with him o. I just pray he doesn't waste him like he wasted Nick sha embarassed
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by joseff14(m): 12:18am On Jan 10, 2014
Sammy Hoe:
hi! long tyme.
hw's osun?
am enjoying ur story.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mohammad11: 7:54am On Jan 10, 2014
Morning...
Here's my plate, serve me my breakfast.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Smeeky(m): 8:00am On Jan 10, 2014
mohammad11: Morning...
Here's my plate, serve me my breakfast.
Are u this dirty and lazy...so,u just woke up with out doing any chores or brushing ur teeth,and u want food...sammy pls keep the food far from this kid...u can keep mine at the dinning table.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 10, 2014
joseff14:
hw's osun?
am enjoying ur story.
fine...I heard they won man utd again, why?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 10, 2014
Smeeky: Are u this dirty and lazy...so,u just woke up with out doing any chores or brushing ur teeth,and u want food...sammy pls keep the food far from this kid...u can keep mine at the dinning table.
how sure are you that he hasn't brushed his teeth? can't u see how white and clean his teeth are grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Smeeky(m): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2014
Sammy Hoe:
how sure are you that he hasn't brushed his teeth? can't u see how white and clean his teeth are grin
cheesy I see,serve him then..
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 10, 2014
Smeeky: cheesy I see,serve him then..
i am waiting for everyone to brush his or her teeth before I serve the meal.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by usmanspihn(m): 9:50am On Jan 10, 2014
Baws we don brush oh. Oya
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 10, 2014
usmanspihn: Baws we don brush oh. Oya
okay, wait for me...updating...20%....loading...uploading failed...battery low...brb.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aytuns(m): 10:16am On Jan 10, 2014
Yawns... Good morning folks, sammy whats for breakfast?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aytuns(m): 10:18am On Jan 10, 2014
Sammy Hoe:
okay, wait for me...updating...20%....loading...uploading failed...battery low...brb.

Sam u wan use style run abi? If u try am ehn
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 10:38am On Jan 10, 2014
Closes eyes 4 prayers "bless us o lord, and dis ...................." opens eyes no breakfast yet. Crying ;-(;-(;-(;-(
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by otemanuduno: 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
Timcy2: Closes eyes 4 prayers "bless us o lord, and dis ...................." opens eyes no breakfast yet. Crying ;-(;-(;-(;-(
give us brunch Sammy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
What is wrong with this dude ?
Am beginning to loose faith in this guy
A typical 9ja mentality.

unfollow is the next thing.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by igwechosen(m): 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
na wa o, which kyn wait I dey wait like this?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Redhot111(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
Honestly, dis Sammy don dey f*ck up oo. Hw u go let pple wait 4 such a long time because say I wan read novel? I beg post sumtin or u liv am. Wetin be all dis kind forming na? We go change am 4 u jst now.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
The Professor was not able to quell the conflict between the two boys. Amidst the arguments going on between them, the man advised them to get back to their respective apartments to search out the wand, perhaps it was still with any one of them. While the man was still speaking, the two left the office concurrently in a rush, scratching their bodies. They collided with Susie, who was at the door of the office and she fell and sustained some minor injuries.
Susie managed to get up on her feet and entered inside the Professor’s office to ask him how everything went, though she had guessed already that the situation had not gone well, with the way she’d seen them dash out of the man’s office.
“Sir, what were their responses?” Susie asked instantly as she got inside the office.
Professor Wilson responded, “No good response. They just rushed outta here like some insane persons. They’ll need a psychiatrist’s attention—without delay.” Susie wept as the man ended her speech. As she walked out of the office, she wept, “Why me? Why is it now that I just gained his love that he’s running amuck?”
Instantly, Susie had had it settled in her mind that she was not a bit lucky, casting her mind back to the past numerous crises she had faced at one time or the other in her life. She never realized that every one had faced several challenges in life too. Susie wept sore and adjourn to her room to continue the weeping.
Ted and Henry were running helter-skelter, scratching their bodies. Those who saw them rushing away had already had lots of comic scenes they would bounce back at during any dull moment of their lives because they had videoed the boys with sundry devices when they were scurrying about. The younger Ted met them as they hurried to no particular destinations.
Ted was shocked seeing the younger Ted in the campus.
“Ted Aouch!” Ted cried, “What are you doing here?”
“I’m not Ted Aouch, I’m Ted Manuel,” corrected the younger Ted amusingly.
“I know,” Ted said in haste. “Aouch was just an exclamation. I’ve got itches all over.”
Henry intruded:
“Ted, where do you guys know each other?”
“In Gyrus,” replied Ted but Henry was still confused.
“Let’s get out of here to a private place and talk things over,” the younger Ted advised as he pulled Ted’s arm along, taking fast paces to get away. Henry was running slowly behind.
“Hey Henry be quick, I’ve not got all days to waste over here,” said the younger Ted to Henry’s amazement.
Henry whispered, “So he knows my name too?”
He doubled his pace to catch up with them, hands tucked in cloth to get rid of the itches on him. While still scuttling the younger Ted said, “I came to get your quarrel settled.”
“How d’you know we’re still quarrelling?” the boys asked at the same time.
“I’ll tell you that, just let’s keep going.”
The three athletes were panting when they got to Ted’s room at last. They were exhausted, so their breaths were heavy and difficult. The younger Ted was the first to say something:
“Hey guys, your kungfu were really wonderful,” he joshed ironically.
They were shocked.
“How—” Henry said and paused, but Ted continued, “do you know we fought each other?”
“I saw you both in the mirror,’ confessed the younger Ted, “You guys were brave and gutsy fighters—fought till there was no strength left in you. I guessed you were placed on drips as soon as you got into the clinic.”
The two boys stared at him, since they were not aware of how he got to know that they belonged to the campus, let alone coming there.
“You said you saw us in your mirror, isn’t it?” Ted queried.
“Of course!” replied the younger Ted.
“How come?” yelled the two boys concurrently in distrust.
“Without our own mirror with us?” added Henry. “It’s impossible.”
“Well…the most powerful magician did that and I saw you guys in it.”
The two boys stared at each other, since they had never heard such title given to any Gyrus citizens before, not even the head magistrate, Patrick Rutherford. The younger Ted made a friendly grin and said, “You guys did not even ask me who I’m talking ’bout.”
“Who?” said the two boys readily and with inquisitiveness.
The younger Ted’s face broadened with smile once more as he pronounced, “Harrison. He sent me to you.”
Hearing such horrifying statement the two were already on their feet, dashing for the door.
“Coward!’ yelled the visitor. “You guys have not seen what’s chasing after you before you were dashing away—just like that.” The boys traced their footsteps back to their seats slowly, still scratching their itchy bodies. They were not to blame, since the name Harrison, to them, was synonymous to terrible nightmare.
“Tell us, what has he sent you here for?”
“To harm us, isn’t it?” asked Henry.
“Yeah, something like that,” the visitor said with a low but sincere tone, “To bring about more confusion.” The boy’s hearts missed a beat as the visitor ended his speech. If the visitor had kept silent for two minutes after his last speech, the boys would have collapsed.
“You don’t have to panic,” said the visitor as he noticed their emotions of fear and terror, “You guys are men.”
“So…” they said, wanting to hurry him up to tell them his mission, or the errand Harrison had sent him. They scratched their skins relentlessly, almost peeling off their epidermal layers in the process.
“I’ve made up my mind not to carry out what he sent me,” declared the younger Ted, but it elicited no visible changes in the moods of the poor boys right before him who were precipitated with fear.
“What did he send you?” they needed an answer.
“Listen first, I’ll take it one after the other.”
Henry and Ted took some other postures as they got set to listen to their visitor’s ‘true-life story’. Their backs were hunched, necks strained and buttocks partially suspended and partially resting on the sofa as though they were preparing to break wind in a silent manner, so as not to be detected as the ‘windbreakers’ after the ideated deed had been done.
“He took me home, told me you guys are bad people, made known to me the cause of your quarrels and—”
“What’s the cause?” they asked expectantly, each wanting to know who was at fault.
The visitor did not keep them in suspense for long by beating about the bush. He went straight to the point instead:
“Harrison said he transformed himself to you and came to you to get the wand,” explained the younger Ted as he pointed to Ted and Henry respectively, to demonstrate which ‘you’ was Ted and which was Henry. They understood him.
“Holy Connolly!” Henry gave a loud cry, but what Ted yelled was, “Upsy-daisy!”
“We never thought of that!” Ted said added as he gazed at Henry immediately. The two were sorry for the way they had been treating each other before then. Then instantly, the hatred they were still harboring for one another evaporated without any formal attempt of getting it settled.
“And what do you think was the cause of your itchy body?” the boy asked further.
“We sure know—” Ted said, but was not able to end his speech as two spots on his body, on his head and nape, became a host for some fresh itches. He pinched the spot to get rid of them, and instantly it was Henry’s turn to do the same, but his was on his jowl and forehead.
“Aouch!” Henry cried as he realized that he had scratched a piece of skin off his forehead.
“Sorry,” the two Teds consoled him as they noticed the trickle of blood on his forehead.
“Thanks,” he replied and gave the answer to the younger Ted’s long waiting question, “The Gyrus dust. It was fast stuck to our bodies during the fight.”
“You’re wrong dude,” said the boy as he faced Ted and asked, “Ted was that the response you’ve got with you too?”
Ted nodded in approval.
“It’s not,” declared the younger Ted, “It’s Harrison’s work.” They gaped in shock.
It seemed the younger Ted was very confident, going by the way he had fearlessly revealed Harrison’s secrets to Ted and Henry, even after Harrison had laid down a death threat peradventure Ted would default.
“How?” they demanded.
“He kept pouring some tiny shiny thorny substances on you through the mirror he was using to spy at you. Those substances, I’m sure, contain some itchy attributes.”
“Shit!” the two boys yelled. They had hastily deduced beforehand that the Gyrus dust was the cause of their itches.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
Am back, who miss me
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mohammad11: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Smeeky: Are u this dirty and lazy...so,u just woke up with out doing any chores or brushing ur teeth,and u want food...sammy pls keep the food far from this kid...u can keep mine at the dinning table.

you should have not been judgemental.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aytuns(m): 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2014
Now the cat has been let out of the bag, the mouse is deep in poo! Young Ted i hope you can run and hide well cos harrison is coming for you. Walahi i no envy you at all o
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by smithsammy(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
Damex333: Am back, who miss me
my co-debater, u are bk. take ur seat and have a bottle of lacasera.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by smithsammy(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
Damex333: Am back, who miss me

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Makes Vanity Fair List Of International Best Dressed / Free E-books Download! / Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.