Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (32615 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
Damex333: Am back, who miss me
I miss you overly...wia u go since all these days?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
“Is there any cure for this?” Henry asked as he gave the corner of his mouth, as well as his itchy scruff, some critical scuff. Just then, he noticed a sealed powdery substance on the table, which the younger Ted had brought with him. “Maybe it’s this powder here that’s the cure,” Henry concluded, reaching for it, but quickly dropped it when the younger Ted screamed, “Don’t touch it!”
“What’s it?” Ted asked in apprehension.
“That was what Harrison gave me to use to bring more confusion between you guys.”
“How?” the boys asked with bulged eyes. They were sore afraid.
“He said I should lie to you guys that this powder will bring you cure for the itches when you apply it to your skin. You know what? If you use it, then your hatred for one another will become everlasting. You guys will become enemies for life.”
“What!” the boys screamed at the top of their voices.
Silence pervaded the room.
“Wait a minute,” asked Ted, “How are you sure Harrison’s not spying at us at this moment?”
“Yes,” Henry reasoned the same way, “That’s a good question!”
The boys fixed their gazes at the younger Ted, expecting an answer from him, but the boy was beaming with smiles.
“Never worry,” The younger Ted said at last, but slowly. “Harrison left home before me and he wouldn’t be back till evening to look at the mirror. That’s why I must get back there before he returns.”
“You guys stay together?”
“Yes, since the day you guys fought in Gyrus,” the younger Ted said. “I’ve called my aunt on phone and told her I’m having fun in my class teacher’s place. She won’t object to that.”
“Class teacher!” the boys expressed shock. “Is Harrison your class teacher?”
“What if I say yes?” said the younger Ted. “At least he taught me a lot, but not in the classroom—in his bedroom.”
“Huh! So, does that make him your class teacher?” Ted asked and Henry concluded, “You’d rather call him your bed-teacher ’cos Harrison’s not fit for a class teacher.”
“You’re right Henry,” the younger Ted remarked. “If he’s one, he’ll sure injure his students with tumbler strikes.”
“How?” they gaped for the answer.
“He smashed a tumbler on my head while he was teaching me Gyrus manners.”
“You’re damn lucky he’s not skinned you alive—”
“As he did to Nick,” Henry completed and silence spoke after, for some seconds.
“Hey guys,” yelled the younger Ted suddenly, “The class teacher I was talking about wasn’t Harrison at all. Ted I thought I told you about her the day I arrived Gyrus.”
“Oh yes, yes, yes,” Ted remembered. “You said she brought you to Gyrus.”
“Exactly! I called my class teacher and told her that I’ll be staying with Harrison for sometimes, then I called my aunt and told her I’ll be staying with my class teacher for sometimes. Can you see how clever I am?”
“Lying is not cleverness,” Henry interrupted as he remembered Grandwala’s words.
Ted scratched his body again then he said sharply, “What’s now the cure for these damn itches?”
“No cure,” grinned the younger Ted in an unserious manner, “Just be patient. You know patience is the only cure for every patient in the hospital.”
“Hooh!” Henry screamed in elation as he was wont doing anytime a motivational speech had just been released by anyone around him. Henry had dreamt many times of becoming a motivational speaker, but he was not going to motivate people to participate in magical activities, or to pick up quarrels with their siblings. Fear had always engulfed him whenever he was having those thoughts. He was scared someone was going to challenge him whenever he was delivering his speeches and say, “We know you. You’ve been quarrelling with your sister all these whiles,” or “Don’t tell us you’re hard working ’cos you study only a night before your exams.” The insinuated voice Henry feared most was that of a person that would say, “You’re a wizard, so you can’t just walk up here to deliver a speech.”
Henry was jolted out of his eccentric thoughts when the younger Ted suddenly jabbed him and said, “Hey, brother what’re you thinking about?”
“The itches!” Henry cried out and the two Teds laughed heartily.
“Henry don’t you hear what he said just now?” asked the older Ted.
“Not at all,” said Henry genuinely. “What I heard last was that Patience is the only cure for every patient in the hospital.” The boys laughed once more.
“He said that our itches should die down in ten minutes,” Ted said.
“Except if Harrison’s continuously pouring those substances on you, and that was what he’d been doing since last week,” added the younger Ted.
“Huh—now I heard this. I was lost in thought the other time.”
“What’re you thinking about—Cynthia?” joked Ted as he playfully nudged Henry.
“No, it’s private.”
“Okay, no problem,” Ted concluded as he turned to the younger Ted and said, “Hey, I’m still expecting an answer to my question.”
“Oh, you mean—” the younger Ted paused. Henry looked on, thinking that with the a posteriori method he would deduce the question Ted had asked from the answer the younger Ted was going to give, because Henry was not aware of the moment Ted had asked the said question due to his absent-mindedness then.
“I’ve got no answer to that,” responded the younger Ted, “but I know Harrison must have got it from some of the books he does give his attention to. Harrison reads magical books a lot.”
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Ice4jez(m): 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
Just started reading dis yesterday and I can proudly say I don't regret it at all.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ice4jez: Just started reading dis yesterday and I can proudly say I don't regret it at all.
tanx for following
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
Henry stared at the two. He was not able to get anything from the answer the younger Ted had just given. Impatiently, Henry asked, “What’s the topic of discussion, dudes? Seems I’m outdated.”
“Ted asked what the permanent cure for the itches is,” the younger Ted replied but the older Ted quickly perfected it by saying, “I asked him how the itches can be prevented.”
“That was a good question,” said Henry as he faced the younger Ted and said, “So Ted you mean you don’t know how we can stop Harrison’s thorny substances from working on us?’
“Exactly,” the younger Ted affirmed genuinely. “My suggestion is that you guys should study very well—magical books. He must have obtained the information on how to spy at others from his books, or can you guys do that too?”
“No,” Ted replied. “You can only spy at ordinary ones, not another magician.”
“But Harrison’s doing it—spying at you. I guess he’d come across the magic in his books.”
“Huh,” Henry muttered as the thought of the magical books he’d purchased few months ago came to his mind. He’d never perused any of them, since they looked complex and incomprehensible to him then when he had attempted to go through them. Henry’s mind flashed back to Grandwala’s statement:
Hear this,The earth is filled with nothing; no power in it. I read this from a book, Henry and that book had made me wiser. It’s the best of all books. The book said the earth was void and filled with darkness.”
Still thinking the younger Ted spoke hurriedly, “Listen dudes, Harrison must not discover what I’ve done, he’ll kill me if he does.”
“Then don’t go back there,” said Ted promptly, expressing disgust for Harrison in absentia.
“He’ll suspect me. Please you guys will do me a favor; occasionally when you guys are discussing let your dialogues seem as if you are still quarrelling with each other, especially after your return from Gyrus—those periods are when Harrison mostly spied at you. I’ll have your phone numbers; I’ll call you, especially when he’s ’bout to spy at you, so that you guys can start displaying as if you’re still quarrelling. Understood?”
“Sure, that’s good idea,” they remarked satisfactorily.
“Talk ill of the dean also, because Harrison had included in this powder the ingredient that’ll ensure your everlasting hatred for the dean too—jus’ take a look, those are the reddish peppery colored substances in here.” He showed them some reddish tiny substances in the powdery substances and continued, “So do as if you’re now quarrelling with the man. By so doing we’ll pull the wool over Harrison’s face.”
“It’s alright,” Ted expressed and Henry advised, “Hey, young Ted, maybe you should leave now, or didn’t you say Harrison asked you to be back before he returns?”
“You’re right,” the younger Ted replied as he headed for the door, which had been left ajar since their arrival to the room.
“Bye,” they waved at him as he left the room.
Shutting the door, the two friends looked into one another’s faces and were ashamed of themselves.
“Well—it’s over now,” whispered Henry.
“Yes, the mystery’s solved. We’re back into our ship of friendship.”
“Yes, my elementary teacher would say, whenever she was uniting two erring friends, a mended broken friendship is like a remolded broken clay pot.”
The boys clinched together in a blissful reunion but were soon divorced by the itches that had just come on their skins again.
“Aouch!” they scratched their skins out of the hug.
“Is it not ten minutes since we hurried out of the dean’s office?” Henry asked in confusion.
“It should be,” agreed Ted, “This itches should have left us.”
“Oh. It’s even almost two hours now.” Henry had just gazed at his wristwatch and found it out, but it seemed the two had forgotten how the younger Ted had put it. Their incessant itches were a result of Harrison’s continuous pouring of the substances on them since seven days ago.
Harrison put down his mirror and fumed.
“This guy is not afraid of me. What a betrayal!” Harrison had seen all that the younger Ted had performed. He never went anywhere when the younger Ted was leaving for Henry’s place. Harrison was suspecting that the younger Ted could betray him, so he had to lie to the boy that he was going out, but he had only gone to hide in the grasses in the little garden inside the compound, until the boy departed. Certain that the younger Ted had left, Harrison came back to his room, took up his mirror and began the spy at once.
Harrison saw the boy right from the time he took a cab, the transport fares he paid and all he had whispered in soliloquy before getting to Henry and Ted in the campus. Harrison had been tempted to hurt him instantly before getting to the boys, having heard what the boy would do from the grumbles he had made while on his way, but he controlled his temper, preferring not to hurt him by himself, but through another person—Raul Paul, the dream-maker.
Having sensed that Ted was near at hand, Harrison went into hiding again. As envisaged by Harrison, the younger Ted arrived with a smile, not noticing the trick Harrison, the Mystery Maker had put forward. He took out the mirror instantly and spoke to Henry and Ted with it.
“Henry, Ted, you guys should begin to scratch your body again, Harrison is at the doorbell,” the younger Ted declared as the doorbell began to ring.
“Ur-right,” the boys chorused and began to wriggle on the floor of Henry’s room where they had just adjourned to.
“Good!” the younger Ted passed a remark, and then he went out to open the outer door for Harrison.
“Oh, you’re back, I’ve done the job,” said Ted in pretence and Harrison replied in pretence too, “Yeah. It was quite a rough journey—from here to Georgia. But Steve treated me to a sumptuous meal over there. We had fun, lots of it. I spent most of my time bathing in his swimming pool. It was quite an adventure over there. Ted I regretted I never took you along—you’d have had a nice—”
“Come see the fools,” Ted pulled Harrison’s arm fast, not interested in his long-winded shaggy-dog story, “I just poured the thorny substances on them again and they are writhing in pain on the floor, like earthworms in brackish-water.”
“I’ll love to see such a sight,” Harrison said, goggle-eyed as he rushed ahead of Ted to his bedroom, where the mirror was situated.
Harrison saw them on the floor, screaming and howling in pain as they scratched their skins in a haphazard manner. He guffawed loudly and the younger Ted joined him in it. All of a sudden, the two boys began to curl around each other’s body on the rugged floor of Henry’s room, shouting abuses at each other.
“Henry, you’re a wicked fellow!” yelled Ted at Henry. “You caused the fight in Gyrus, causing this itches.”
“I didn’t cause any itch, the Gyrus dust was responsible for it.”
“Shut up! If you’d not cause the fight, the Gyrus dust hadn’t got stuck to our body. I hate you! I’ll hate you forever—and the foolish dean too.”
“Ted, in fact I love Harrison more than you,” Henry commented too, in pretence. They could see Harrison and the younger Ted too, through Henry’s mirror which they’d intentionally hung, face down, on the ceiling. They were stealing some glances at it as they lay face-up on the floor. They felt that their finagling must have deceived Harrison, but they were making a great deal of mistakes.
“It depends on who plays the tricks most,” thought Henry while still twisting on the floor, calling to mind one of Grandwala’s prophetic utterances.
“Oh, Ted I’m glad,” Harrison said as he gave the younger Ted a friendly hug.
“I’m gladder than you,” Ted replied, “They’ll scratch off their melanin and turn albinos so soon,” Ted made fun and the two watchers burst into laughter as Harrison took the mirror to keep it in his wardrobe.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aytuns(m): 11:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
Lol, seems all of em are playing the pretence game..lets see who win
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Timcy2(m): 11:49am On Jun 27, 2014
Not funny o, ebiag season don wipe o.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2014
Timcy2: Not funny o, ebiag season don wipe o.

in fact I don weak sef. Where is the courage to write more?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Mynd44: 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

in fact I don weak sef. Where is the courage to write more?
Why do we fall young man? So we can learn to pick ourselves up

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by 01emek(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2014
Mynd_44:
Why do we fall young man? So we can learn to pick ourselves up

I lost more than 400 Nairaland story pages here. How do I get them back?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Ayobami195(f): 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
Really sad about this lost
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Harkanbi(m): 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2014
Omo I feel like crying bt tears no gree cum e pain me no be small

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
anyhow share, I shall keep updating, but more on NAIRALAND but somewhere I will share the link later.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by bookhy(f): 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

OMG!!!! Hw r u gonna do dat....hav also lost alot of stories am following...xoxo sad
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by shayoor(f): 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2014
This one na the hand work of devil, devil na lie u dey lie God pass una,how W̶̲̥̅ξ wan take do this one now
My brothers and sisters,family of Ebiag make una show face embarassed angry
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by kinxlink(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
Chai!!! Ebiag season 2,HIP And AEDH don wipe off, E pain me oo

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2014
@Sammy Hoe You can still see some part of your story in the link of the archive seun tweet some. days back www.twitter.com/seunosewa not all of the season one though but season 2 is still there at where u stopped
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2014
God help us so so sad, sammy hoe it is well i feel ur pain. bt i will advice next time if u can jst copy d stories and convert dem to doc file, were u can edit or paste more any tym u wish. it a shame naira land doesn't ve backup .i al so lost a sorry A KIND STRANGER
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by talk2riel: 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2014
So all season2 is gone?

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by 3Dimension: 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2014
Sammy Hoe:
this is tragic....

U don't hv them on a pc?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
talk2riel: So all season2 is gone?
lol grin
talk2riel: So all season2 is gone?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by mohammad11: 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
I was praying that Nl should recover thier datas from the said attack, but its mission impossible for them.

Sammy hoe you own this thread o But i go tell you say this loss of data tins pain me pass you.

Honeymoon In Prison...gone
As E Dey Happen... Gone
Ebiag season 2... Gone

Someone should tell me they're going to recover them back.

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by 3Dimension: 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
mohammad11: I was praying that Nl should recover thier datas from the said attack, but its mission impossible for them.

Sammy hoe you own this thread o But i go tell you say this loss of data tins pain me pass you.

Honeymoon In Prison...gone
As E Dey Happen... Gone
Ebiag season 2... Gone

Someone should tell me they're going to recover them back.
its as if I just read about the demise of someone.. With this data loss. This is very painful. Even sammyhoe tv ebiag magazine thread. Etc.. This guy don invest for nairaland. Mehn!!!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by 01emek(m): 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
Its really sad to see EBIAG go due to the negligence of some people who we entrusted our investment unto.... Sammy you just need to get your own blog but not now! You must be on your feet again.....trust me this is the beganing and downfall of nairaland........ NAIRALAND CAN NEVER BE TRUSTED.... IT WOULD REPEAT IT SELF IN THE NEREST FUTURE. ....... ##EbiagFamilyMustNotDie##

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
01emek: Its really sad to see EBIAG go due to the negligence of some people who we entrusted our investment unto.... Sammy you just need to get your own blog but not now! You must be on your feet again.....trust me this is the beganing and downfall of nairaland........ NAIRALAND CAN NEVER BE TRUSTED.... IT WOULD REPEAT IT SELF IN THE NEREST FUTURE. ....... ##EbiagFamilyMustNotDie##
We should not blame anybody here.
Not the Mods, Not Seun.
This tragedy caught everybody unawares and the guys have tried to atleast bring back the site.

We should only hope it will be back and better. That's the only support we can give.

The loss is more than a pain to everybody here...
When I viewed my profile, I didn't know if I should laugh or cry...cos it's both funny and painful.

@Sammy Hoe, I'm sorry about the loss of our dear stories. Everybody is helpless here.

We should all know Seun, the owner of this forum will have the greatest loss.
You can imagine the investment and everything..
#let's unite in making Nairaland better!!
#teamNairalandIsBackAndBetter!!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2014
I don't even know what to say or do......just observing....
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 11:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
Sammyprof, *cries* where is *sniffs* SHTV?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by aveiro(m): 5:17am On Jun 28, 2014
Page18 chai stil far too bad

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

Forgiven By Glowingscenes / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Vanity Fair List Of International Best Dressed / Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56