Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (32569 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 03, 2014
Bash92: @ sammy hoe , Thank God you've chosen to continue this story here. Hope to be getting regular update, am a new follower of this your story.
U're welcome boss.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Ayobami195(f): 8:34am On Jul 03, 2014
Well done sammy...still following

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 03, 2014
GOOD MORNING HOUSE!!!

[b]

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
EVANGELIST ROBINSON

Evangelist Robinson, whose name the late Kent Robins had stated specifically in his ‘last minute’ letter, came to limelight in the media. Since the announcement of the Power Guard’s death over the media, the Evangelist had remained silent over the deed he was said to have committed.
Evangelist Robinson’s action was misconstrued for the fact that the man was only trying to avoid unforeseen troubles by his silence, but he soon proved to critics their wrong assertions by honoring the call of the media eventually.
Evangelist Robinson was the founder of a small cathedral, right in the heart of Ohio State. He was of the protestant denomination. The cathedral, however small, was tinctured both interiorly and exteriorly with some chic, fashionable and splendor-giving bricks and gemstones, therefore making the structure appear lustrous and shimmering. The flowers of divers species, colors and fragrances cultivated around the building also made immense contribution to the ambience of the church vicinity by breathing out oxygen gas to members who had cared to come close to them to breath in those ejected gases.
Evangelist Robinson was a bit chunky in appearance and such stature had invited much controversy concerning his integrity. Many argued that the man’s hands were not clean, ardently sticking to the thought that such fleshy appearance of the man had only come about after becoming a pastor, meaning that the man was an embezzler.
His detractors must have also backed up their claims with the fact that the defaming experiences such as indictments from the Senate President of the country, Doctor Dick Donald, and several charges to court the Evangelist had experienced in time past were parts of what would not make him come out publicly to speak on Kent Robins’ death this time.
In retrospect, the Evangelist had been placed behind bars twice, for rape and fraudulent charges attested to by some one-time members of his church, who at different times had accused him of raping their five-year-old daughter, (the girl testified publicly to such claim then) and embezzling a large sum of money belonging to the members.
As it seemed, it was only doggedness that had seen the Evangelist through all those rigors, not backing out from the ‘service to the creator’ he had averred to be performing.
In 1974, Doctor Dick Donald came up with a charge of illegal construction of Robinsons’ little cathedral on the place the structure was just newly situated then. Many backed up the claims of the Senate President, but it was a shocker that the Evangelist won the court case after two good years.
The two cases that eventually landed the Evangelist into jail (charge for rape and money laundering) came three years and seven years respectively, after the winning of the court case filed by Dick Donald.
Robinson’s recent release from prison must have aroused the feelings in the minds of his critics that the man’s refusal to step out to air his own part of the story concerning the death of the famous Professor, Kent Robins, was brought about by his fear of being thrown into the dungeon he had just departed a year ago. However, they kept shut, probably to look for another dimension their criticism would take, when eventually the Evangelist resolved to take the bull by the horn by speaking to the press.
“Sir, we’ll like to know your name,” demanded the interviewer.
“I’m Robinson Carew,” replied the Evangelist in a succinct manner, like a naïve person, barely speaking loud for the many microphones placed before his mouth to pick some signals for amplification.
“You just said Robinson Carew—just like that!” the interviewer expressed shock at the precise manner the response had come.
“Yeah. That’s my name.”
“If you just say that how do you expect us to know who you are? What I mean is this; are you a Prophet, Pastor, Reverend, Bishop or what?”
“Well—you can call me an Evangelist,” the man humbly replied, “Just like every other person who preaches the gospel of our Lord.”
“Sir, I’ll like to ask if you’re single or married. Hope you won’t mind.”
“Why should I?” the Evangelist’s face seemed a bit wrinkled. “I’m married.”
“To who? Viewers are eager to hear.”
“My dare wife,” the man said as if other people who had married had not married their right choices, but the pause in his speech was soon to be understood as a break for the intent of drawing in breath when the man concluded, “Daisy.”
“I was scared,” remarked the questionnaire, sighing, “Daisy right?”
“Yeah, Daisy,” repeated the Evangelist.
The questionnaire had before then thought that the man was single, having never heard about his wife before, since the time he had first known the evangelist till the present moment. He was just hearing it for the first time, as well as many viewers back in their homes, that Evangelist Robinson Carew was a married man. The questionnaire tried hard not to ask how many children had the Evangelist.
“Sir, we’ll like to know briefly about your ministry if only you won’t mind.”
“Alright,” said the man in a very low tone, “As I’d earlier said, I’m Robinson Carew, an evangelist. Just like any other Evangelist or Pastor, a church was found through me, by God, on the soil of Ohio. God has been seeing to the furtherance of his gospel through this little cathedral I’m talking about. In short I give it all to God.”
The questionnaire, without further ado, asked quickly what he felt would interest many viewers watching the interview:
“I’m sorry to chip in this. We do hear that you cast out demons and perform many miracles—is it true?”
The response was prompt and brusque.
“I never perform miracles—it’s God’s doing. I’m just one of the many vessels He uses for such. The bible reveals; this signs shall follow those who believe; in His name they shall cast out devils and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them. So…miracle is from God, through the name of his only Son.”
The questionnaire stared stunningly at the man, smiled and commented, “Sir, you’re very humble. Is it natural?” The question generated another means of quoting the Bible for the Evangelist who said expectedly, “The bible says, if any man be in Christ, he’s a new creature. Old things have passed away and all things have become new. Before my conversion into Christianity, I was rude, proud and arrogant, but immediately after my conversion, I became humble,” expatiated the Evangelist.
Henry, whose face was on the TV since the beginning of the program, mimicked the innocent Evangelist by saying, “Before my initiation into Gyrus citizenry, I was green, powerless and timid, but immediately after my initiation I became powerful.”
“Sir, this rumor had trailed you behind that you know about the death of a Professor Kent Robins of one renounced university in the UK. The man in question had written a letter when he was about to pass away. In that letter he had testified to the fact that while trying to hurt you through the means of clairvoyance his mirror got exploded and he was fatally injured and died eventually. What will you say to that?”
“Well… nothing; I don’t know what to say. All I know is, I never prayed for the death of any man. If the claims of the deceased were true then my God must have fought for me as he promises in his words. But as a matter of fact, I know nothing about his death.”
“I know something about his death,” Henry smiled, being the brain behind the death of the deceased, having Ted Manuel as an accomplice.
After further questions and answers, the questionnaire would bring the interview to a close. To achieve this, he asked synecdochically, “Er—Evangelist what advice do you have for this nation—and the entire world viewing this station?”
The Evangelist cleared his throat and spoke, this time in a louder tone, in such a way that would suggest to everyone the gravity of the speech he was about to make:
“My advice to everyone is to come close to God, because we are at the end time. This world will soon come to an end…”
“I hope Gyrus will remain,” Henry made mockery of his speech as he smiled towards his TV set.
“Let us focus more on conversion of souls through Evangelism and prayers, rather than directing our prayers to the death of witches and wizards. Their judgments are not in our hands.” The Evangelist paused briefly, then he added, “Then we should read our bible every day, because it is the only Book of Power.”
“It’s a lie!” Henry challenged, but the Evangelist appeared not to hear him, since it was not Gyrus, where someone would lean back on his seat and would be conversing with whosoever he wished through the mirror. Unfortunately, the TV set was not acting like one of those incredible mirrors in Gyrus, which Kent Robins had upgraded, else the Evangelist would have heard Henry’s remarks ever since the onset of his tête-à-tête with the questionnaire.
“It’s a lie,” Henry repeated, “The bible isn’t the Book of Power. When I was two I read a passage from it, says I should ask whatever and it shall be given unto me. I asked for an airplane; till today, seventeen years after, I’ve not got it,” Henry deduced conclusively as he expressed his hatred for the book mentioned by the Evangelist, through the message carried by his countenance—a distasteful one.
“Pastor, can you pray for us before you depart?” the interviewer requested, but Henry wouldn’t welcome the idea of seeing the Evangelist pray. He hissed and hurriedly clicked a button on the remote control to switch off the TV.
“Nonsense,” Henry whispered, and then the words of Grandwala rang on his head again. He put to mind the information brought by the younger Ted, that Harrison must have got the secret of spying at a ‘co-citizen’ from books. Henry had many such books, but he had never had as much patience as to peruse any, since none of them had a straightforward style of parlance.
Henry scrambled for the books in the safest part of his shelf, which he had just unlocked with a key. He got one.
“Shit!” he yelled as he discovered what the book he had just picked was. It was the Bible. Henry had brought it along on his first arrival to the campus then, when he was just having his admission, but had never glanced through it for once, if at all he remembered he had such in his possession.
Picking it up furiously, Henry rushed to the bin, let the Bible down into the large, plastic thing and closed it quickly with a lid as if the book was going to fly out of it if he hadn’t shut it.
“To hell with you!” he shouted at the book in a very disgustful manner as he turned heel to continue the search for the book of his desire. Grandwala’s words rang in his heart again:
““Hear this, the earth is filled with nothing...I read this from a book, Henry and that book had made me wiser. It’s the best of all books. The book said the earth was void and filled with darkness… correction, not my book. It is the book of power. Every solution to every problem is in it”
With the way Henry had intensified his locomotion towards the shelf, it was conspicuous that the remembrance of the Spider’s speech had prompted him into such action, to resume the search for the book.
“Oh I’ve got it!” yelled Henry in triumph eventually, having stumbled over a large voluminous book at the innermost part of the rectangular wooden board.
Pulling it out, Henry read slowly, “The BOOK OF POWER” which was written on the cover page of the hardback. He licked his tongue and frolicked unconsciously, believing that he had found it at last—the Book of Power Grandwala was talking about. He opened it and read the first page as fast as he could; amazingly, Henry was able to comprehend the words on it now, at a moderate rate, unlike when he had first acquired the book. Back then Henry never was able to tell what the name of the book was, reading it as, “BO. OKOF. P. OWE. R” seven months ago when he purchased the book.
Henry wondered why his intelligence and discretion had not helped him in those days to bring the letters in the words together and call it, “BOOK OF POWER”. He was however glad, now that the mystery was solved already.
The book had taken up the smell of the shelf interior and dust had settled on it, defacing the book. Cobwebs had been spun round the book due to months of neglect it had faced. It seemed the constructor (spider) who made the gossamers, had done it in a very fastidious manner, since the inner part of the shelf, where the creature lived, had not been visited for so long by the shelf owner (Henry). Henry took time to get rid of the dirt on the cobwebby book.
All of a sudden both the large spider and Henry were taken aback by the sudden emergence of one another (the spider hasted out of the space between the forty-fifth and forty-sixth pages) as Henry flipped erratically the pages of the book. Henry, for fear of the unexpected ‘landlord’, threw the book unto the floor. He picked it up again later, after the spider had evacuated, and began to pick the cobwebs with his bare hands.
Having tidied up the long-abandoned book, Henry osculated the hardbound cover of the book, held it tightly to his chest and said, “I’ll never let go of you, ’cos you’re so dear to me.”
Henry’s comment on the book could be justified with the fact that the book cost had him a fortune. The amount he bought the book was so high that it could have bought all the books Henry had and some changes would have been left.
He gazed into it and began to go through it avidly.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 03, 2014
Somebody just liked my previous post without reading it. Who be that
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 10:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Keep it coming bro

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2014
Dedicated to Bash92..

Anyone who comments after my post shall have d next update dedicated to him/ her.

[b]

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
TRICKING THE TRICKSTERS

“Ted,” Henry said, “I think it’s time we told the dean to his face that he’s no friend, but a foe.”
“Why do you say so?” asked Ted.
“This fight between us should have been settled by now, but it’s still persisting. If only the dean had stepped in, back in Gyrus that day, it would not have resulted into this incessant melee.”
“Shut up you damn mouth!” yelled Ted. “I’m never…and I’ll never want our fight settled. It’s going to be fight to finish between me and you and the dean.”
“That’s my resolution too,” concurred Henry. “You’re such a friendly fiend.”
“You call me that?” Ted screamed as he aimed a blow at Henry but he dodged it. “If it had landed on your face, then your forehead would have been longer than your nose by now.”
“Got no time for you dude!” Henry roared. “It’s time to go meet the dean and talk sense into his head.”
“Uh,” Ted put a finger briskly on his forehead as he pondered quickly on something. “I’ll go with you just this once; afterwards we’ll continue our fight.” He released a fiendish smile and said, “My heart has been panting to meet the dean for a long time now—to insult him.”
Harrison grinned spuriously as he looked briskly at the younger Ted, who was smiling too.
“Harrison, can you see how those guys are behaving again today? I guess the powder I gave them is working against them already.”
“You’re right,” Harrison feigned conviction.
The secretary of the Professor obstructed them when they came, seeing the unfriendliness written on their faces.
“Hey, boys you can’t just walk into my boss’ office like that. I’ve got to ask him if he would like to see you,” said the secretary as she rose to her feet and rested her right arm on the escritoire nearby her. She was pretending as if she did not recognize Henry and Ted, whom she had always not denied free entry to the dean’s office aforetime.
“Shut up!” Ted shouted at her face and she was scared. The slim and timidly looking young lady mustered much courage as she stood before them and said, “How dare you, Ted?” pointing a long-nailed finger at Ted outrageously.
The boys smirked.
“So—you can recognize me before, but you pretended as if—”
“Hold it!” she yelled at Ted quickly. “It’s my duty I’m performing here, so I may decide either to let anyone go in straight to meet him or not—depending on my discretion.”
Henry grinned wickedly and said, “Enough of your talk. Ted let’s show this shrew our true colors.”
“You guys are white so there’s no color you’ve got to show, or are you chameleons?”
“Watch and see,” they whispered and in a moment they had brandished a penknife before her. She shrieked in fright as she laid her palm on her mouth to block it as if the boys had directed her to do that.
“We’ll harm you if you want to prove obstinate.”
“Cooperate or get stabbed,” Ted added.
“I’ll cooperate,” the lady said fearfully in haste. They grabbed her roughly and pushed her away.
The boys hasted to the dean’s office and pushed open the door in a flash. The man was shocked and punchy. He managed to remain as if he was not intimidated at all by the ireful faces the boys had put on when they bumped in.
“What? Are you guys crazy?” screamed the dean. “You just bumped into my door like that, why?”
“The boys were speechless. They looked fiercely into each other’s faces in rage and the dean was short of words. Swallowing his saliva quickly, the man asked, “Are you still each other’s enemy?” He yearned for a response but the only reaction that followed was the turning around of the necks of the duo from facing each other to facing the dean, both retaining the ferocious looks on their faces.
“You are our arch enemy now,” they declared eventually in a discourteous manner. The dean’s face glowered in bewilderment as he lowered his head and buried his face in his open right palm. Then he muttered silently “They’ve lost their minds” almost weeping for their calamities. He was jolted out of his pitiful condition when the boys responded, “We’re pouring out our minds to you right away, so we’ve not lost it as you said.”
“So—what’s going on right now—with you guys?”
Ted said, “You’re just amassing glories for yourself alone—just to boost your self-esteem. You don’t care about us.”
“I think you are aware that all your achievements since seven months ago were not you handiworks,” Henry said critically, “They had some elements of us in them. I won the Professor award for you; we made you the best medical doctor for the year, made you to attain to the current position you are in Gyrus.”
“It’s all our effort, never yours. Yet you never for once proved to us how grateful you are,” substantiated Ted.
“Don’t you know that all our testimonies in Gyrus were true? Yet it never bothered you that you have to stand up and back up our claims in Gyrus. You left us at the mercy of the magistrate.”
Professor Wilson was dumbfounded. He thought that he was dealing with mad ones.
“Don’t just keep mute like that,” Henry spoke loudly, “Tell me, don’t you know we really got those things we claimed to have got?” Henry asked undauntedly.
The Professor’s lips shook visibly. It took him time before he was able to overcome the great convulsion that had descended on his lips. At last he was psyched up to talk.
“You guys never told me anything ’bout that before we met in Gyrus that day” the dean managed to be calm in his speech, conceiving the thought that by exercising sang-froid the madness on his boys’ head could be exorcised, “So, how do you want me to know these?”
“You should have read the truth in our eyes,” the boys blamed, “Henry, let’s gerrout of here, quick,” Ted vented his spleen on the befuddled man.
“It’s true, we’ve got to leave this helpless man alone,” acquiesced Henry.
The boys rushed out of the dean’s office. They met the secretary pacing about in the room and throwing her hands aimlessly in an antsy manner. Sighting them, the lady made a jerking move to her left in fright, but the boys left her without any further ado.
Henry and Ted parted ways quickly as they got out of the building, without uttering a word.
The Professor was punch-drunk. Henry and Ted’s abusive words had intoxicated him greatly. When he got to his feet, he was almost staggering—like a drunk. His mouth was bitter as sorrow took over the expression of his face. His thought was shifted from the fact that the boys were mad to the fact that they were drunk with wine.
“At least mad people have a little level of tractability too,” the dean pondered and it was this thought that had altered his first cogitation that the boys were mad. He had revolutionized his thought, now having the notion that they were not mad, but were drunk.
“Myself, the dean of Physics in a university as big as this, was rubbished by those two prats,” the dean soliloquized in fury, “It’s incredible!”
The dean, deliberately seeking whom to transfer his anger on, shouted the name of his secretary.
“Miss Rachael, come over here,” he bleated and the Secretary, who was already standing apprehensively behind the door, rushed in. She was shuddering conspicuously.
“I—I’m h—here sir,” she announced her already-noticed presence in an unsteady tone. As expected of the dean, he shouted at her, “Why did you allow those crazy fellows into my office without my consent? Eh—tell me!”
“They p-pointed knives at me,” she responded timidly. Hearing that the dean’s temper was calmed and his tone was reduced as he said, “Next time don’t allow them in here, do you hear me?”
“Yes sire,” responded Rachael bluntly. Her cold response was engendered by the fact that her promise could be conditional. She had felt that she would let them have their way again if they should come with a weapon yet again—perhaps a gun.
“You can leave now,” the man said as he fixed his gaze at the ceiling and paced about uneasily in the office.
Rachael had just stepped out of the Professor’s office when the dean called again, “Rachael!” She rushed into the office once more expecting to hear her boss speak in a bossy manner to her again. Her insinuation was proved wrong when the dean, utilizing the calmest voice she had ever heard him use, said, “Tell no one about what had happened here today, okay?”
“Yes sire,” Rachael replied. She left the room after the man had beckoned to her that she should leave.
[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
Welldone Sammyprof, still enjoy EBIAG1 ...

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
Green Alert!!
Sammy Hoe, New Follower is here wink
Viewing this topic: PrinceAdepoju(m)
grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
All of you just reading without dropping your comment should please start commenting to encourage him to keep going after the data loss ish abeg. Tanx for the dedication
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
What Ted and Henry said of the Prof are the truth, he is getting all th recognition they should be getting
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Bash92: What Ted and Henry said of the Prof are the truth, he is getting all th recognition they should be getting

Abi nah... wink
BTW, na only u waka come? Wia are d other viewers of this thread
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by saintbeejay: 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
bravo for a job well done am really happy u took d stress to start over.
# long live EBIAG family#
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
saintbeejay: bravo for a job well done am really happy u took d stress to start over.
# long live EBIAG family#

Thanks!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

Abi nah... wink
BTW, na only u waka come? Wia are d other viewers of this thread
May be am the only one who haven't read the story, but I dey see some people just viewing the story without commenting.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Bash92: May be am the only one who haven't read the story, but I dey see some people just viewing the story without commenting.

Perhaps it's not interesting to them...
Maybe I should just give up on updates undecided
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

Perhaps it's not interesting to them...
Maybe I should just give up on updates undecided
Abeg don't o...they will soon join us
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
Bash92: Abeg don't o...they will soon join us

I hope so
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
Vegetable soup and Akpu grin
Very plenty wink

[b]

Harrison kept his mirror again as he looked towards the younger Ted. The thought of killing him had now engulfed him. Harrison knew that it was a very easy task to terminate the younger Ted’s life, but he felt it would be a burden lifting his corpse out when he had fallen dead. The younger Ted was already planning to set himself free from Harrison’s bond. He was planning to leave Harrison’s residence presently.
The behavior of Henry and Ted towards the dean that day was brought about by the younger Ted’s advice. The younger Ted had called them earlier through the cell phone to inform them that Harrison was about to spy at them. The boys had then acted out the drama of four characters, which had included two characters displaying true-life actions—the dean and his secretary. It was after the acts that Henry realized that Ted and himself had just jumped from ‘frying pan to jerry can’(since frying pan has no cover then escape from it could be very easy, but jerry can has a cover which would trammel them in the container) by their incongruous approach. They had agreed to go beg the dean again, but during Harrison’s break time, when he would not be watching them.
“Ted,” Harrison called.
“Yes, what’s it?”
“Didn’t you say that you’ll love to acquire some other languages—in Gyrus?”
“Yeah, I said that,” Ted was intrigued. “But I was no more interested since you said it was going to involve a fatal fight—magic fight.”
Harrison grinned malevolently and said, “My friend you don’t need to be scared of picking up a fight. Let me tell you, with the little magic tricks I’ve taught you, you’re indomitable already. You can defeat both Henry and Ted even now—I mean defeat the two together at once, not just one by one.”
Harrison flattered Ted and he was almost convinced.
“But—I won’t need fight them, since I can speak English fluently already.”
“I’m not asking you to fight them,” clarified Harrison, “Listen attentively—” Harrison demonstrated by pulling his own ear, “I know of a new Gyrus citizen. He just arrived two days ago. He’s a Spaniard.” At that juncture, Harrison stole a glance at the younger Ted’s face and saw him smiling. He could read the level of gullibility in Ted’s face; it was a hundred percent.
“Why are you smiling? I guess you love the Spanish,” Harrison waved a finger toward Ted in a friendly manner.
“Exactly,” the younger Ted replied genuinely. “In fact after English the next language I’d love to understand is Spanish.”
“Then we’re on the right track,” Harrison deceived, “As if I know this—I’ve already convinced the boy to take up a fight too—that will be with you. Ted, I’ll not just let you go into the fight like that, but I’ll also give you some portion of my power.” To Harrison’s surprise Ted replied boastfully, “I won’t need that, since you said the boy is new. I’m sure by now he should still be green. More so, I’ve got my kungfu skill; I’ll finish him up with that.”
Harrison laughed loudly in order to conceal the anger that had overwhelmed him when the boy mentioned Kungfu, something that Harrison detested so much.
“I’ve said it before; your kungfu is useless when we have the magic. I showed you a demo then—the tumbler strike—or you’ll like another?”
“Nope!” Ted yelled quickly and turned his neck around to see if any tumbler was already coming so that he could quickly snaffle it. Fortunately, Ted saw none.
Harrison said, “I don’t have all days Ted. Listen to me I’ll help you win the fight. The name of the boy is Raul—Raul Paul. He’s a bit taller than you, but lean. He’s got some dark hair with tints of brown coloration. He’s got a little scare on his forehead, has brown teeth—”
“Won’t his name alone do?” Ted asked, bored of Harrison’s long-winded description.
“It should, but Ted I don’t just want any mix up. Perhaps the magistrate can ask you for the description of the one you want to fight against…so you’ll have something to say.”
“I get your point Harrison,” Ted said cooperatively. He smiled and whispered, “I’m glad I’ll be able to speak Spanish very soon. I’ve planned to spend my next holiday there already.”
“Please don’t forget the name—Raul Paul. Tell the magistrate that you want to fight with Raul Paul, fight of naturalization, right.”
“Thanks Harrison, I’m very glad. I’ll do that in Gyrus tomorrow, or should I not get involve in the fight so soon?”
“Tomorrow is okay,” Harrison said quickly, “Tomorrow’s okay.”
“Thanks a lot Harrison. I’m glad I met you.”
“No thanks dudes, we’re friends.” Harrison fondled Ted’s hair.
“Harrison, thank you for your hospitality, I’ll be leaving for home now.”
The younger Ted had spent almost a week in Harrison’s place. He felt it necessary to leave now, since he had already played the game of truancy during those periods, and was sure of retention on holidays to make up for all his absences. But he was going to call at Henry’s school first, before finally departing for home.
Harrison did not object to Ted’s departure at all, but only asked him not to fail to show up in Gyrus the next day for the fight of naturalization.
“I’ll see you on the podium tomorrow—defeating Raul,” Harrison had said, tilting Ted’s head gently in an affable manner.
No sooner had Ted left than Harrison picked up his mirror, this time to communicate with Raul, the dream-maker. Raul appeared in the mirror and the yammers began at once.
“Harrison, it’s nice seeing you,” Raul said. It seemed he was very pleased seeing Harrison. Though no one knew that there was a strong cordial relationship between the two, yet there was. Harrison and Raul Paul were bosom friends, but secret ones. The Gyrus citizens had never seen them move together before, yet they were friends, ‘mirror friends’, since it was only on mirrors they do communicate.
Since Raul was a Spaniard and Harry, an American, there could not have been a way of being together, except on Gyrus, but the two still did not move close to one another in Gyrus, instead they ‘mirrorised’ one another often (Mirrorism was the term used in Gyrus to mean the act of speaking to one another through the mirror).
“Nice seeing you too,” Harrison replied with a smile. Raul Paul had become a Gyrus citizen for four years before Harrison’s arrival, but it was just of recent that the Gyrus points of the Spaniard soared to the points he was now having. Before Harrison came, Raul was on six points, but within the seven and half months of Harrison’s initiation, Raul rocketed to fame by attaining to sixty points and became a dream-maker.
“Raul,” Harrison whispered, “I’ve got a new boy for you again. I guess you’ll be at sixty by defeating him.”
“I’m at sixty already,” replied Raul excitedly.
“Oh, I lost count. I guess it’ll be sixty-five.”
“Yeah! Harrison thanks a lot. If not for your assistance I’d be remaining in the five I’d long earned. Harrison you’re just too nice to me.”
“What are friends for?” Harrison grinned, “I’ve got to display my talent—to motivate people to do something.”
“You’re a genius,” Raul replied, “for being able to convince a day old citizens, or at most, a week old ones, to take up a fight with me. So—who’s the chap you’ve got for me this time; such should make the third person I’ll be defeating just in this month alone.”
“Raul, d’you know something?” asked Harrison, changing his mood. It arouses Raul’s interest and he replied at once, “No, what’s it?”
“You’ll make a dream for me this time ’cos I’ve got to let the coward I’m talking about take up the fight by all means. That novice must dream the dream. Yes he must.”
“Alright, just let me know the shape you want the dream to take and in a minute I’ll get it mailed to the guy’s unguarded memory.”
Raul paid persnickety attention to Harrison as he narrated how the dream should go.
“Let the boy see me in the dream pouring water on your wand, then let him see me explaining to him that the purpose for the deed was to make powerless your wand. Ultimately, let him see himself in Gyrus taking up the fight with you.”
“Sure, I’ll do all that very easily.”
“That’s not all Raul. In the fight, let him see himself defeat you flawlessly, as if you’ve got no power at all. Make sure he sees you not able to retaliate even a single strike of his.”
“It’s a very interesting dream Harrison. It’s the best job ever given to me since I acquired the skill of dream-making,” Raul Paul said with a tone of sincerity. “The one given to me by Patrick Rutherford few weeks ago was made shoddily ’cause the man never dictated it to me painstakingly as you’ve just done.”
Harrison seemed interested in Raul’s diversion but he managed to remain focus in what he was narrating, since the killing of Ted was more important to him than the story Raul had just begun.
“Hey Raul, I’ll hear that later, not now,” Harrison showed a little redness of the eyes. “You didn’t even ask which color should the dream take—black and white or color,” added Harrison and he got a prompt reply:
“I’m sure going to use my discretion,” Raul laughed briskly. “You and I know that it should be in color, so what’re you saying?”
“You can’t arrive at a conclusion for me Raul,” Harrison said but it seemed he was only joshing. “Listen, can you jus’ tell me what makes you feel that the dream should be in color?”
“Uh—don’t tell me that you don’t know it,” Raul supported his speech with the wafture of his index finger in a rapid manner.
“Okay, jus’ say the reason, perhaps it could help.”
“I read an article recently on dreams—a research made by some famous Oneirologists. They said majority of dreams this days come from the TV.”
“So—”
“Since every one now watch the TV, especially colored TV nowadays, almost excessively, what do you expect?—dreaming of course, in color.”
“Hmm! What a clever assertion!” commented Harrison, but said lastly, “But I’ll need mine in black and white.”
“Why?” Raul was shocked. “Don’t you want the damn thing to be clear enough for the boy to see?”
“Another good one,” Harrison applauded but insisted that Raul should do it the way he had demanded.
“Black and White dream is what I made for the magistrate, but he later complained to me that it just didn’t work. I had to beg him for hours before he agreed not to transfer my gift to somebody else,” Raul grumbled still.
“Forget that—uh,” Harrison said sharply. “I’m not Patrick Rutherford for God’s sake—I’m Harrison Burton, so I’ve got reason for whatever I want.”
In apprehension, Raul said, “Would you mind letting me know it? I mean…the reason.”
“Why not?” shrugged Harrison and answered, “The boy’s TV at home is color, so letting it come in color could suggest to the guy falsely that it was all coming out from the excessive TV he had watched and he wouldn’t pay any attention to it.”
“Got you now Harrison,” Raul smiled benevolently. He was greatly amazed by the simple secret Harrison had just revealed to him. “Yeah, I’ll get at work instantly…the background of the fight will look exactly like it used to be in Gyrus—the exact audience, the exact seats—everything just as they are. You’ve gat trust me for that.”
Harrison’s facade suddenly changed as it was wont doing, especially when he’s got something serious to say.
“Raul, you’ve got to make a promise to me.”
“That what?”
“That you’ll annihilate his life; just don’t spare him at all.”
“Sounds funny Harrison; have you ever seen me spare anyone before?” Raul said in earnest.
“You may want to make this an exception,” Harrison teased.
“Never! Harrison, quick, tell me the boy’s name so I can get to work right away.”
“Ted Manuel.”
“Ted? You mean one of the two greatest liar? But he’s no new—”
“Not him,” Harrison cut in, “Another. This one is a newcomer.”
Raul heaved a sigh of relief as Harrison ended his expatiation, but his heave was soon accompanied with a frown.
“Harrison, we’ve got a little problem here. Since I’ve never seen the guy before in my life, then there’s no way I can make him dream dreams. The only option is using his photograph. D’you have one there with you so you can show me?”
Harrison nodded in the negative.
“Then we can’t do anything,” Raul grimaced in sorrow, “Real problem; real one.”
“Is that what you call problem?” Harrison raised Raul’s hope again, “It’s simple—with Harrison Burton.”
“Don’t tell me you’ll let me see him right away, ’cos it’s not just possible.”
“And that’s exactly what I’m ’bout to do,” Harrison said hurriedly. “I’ll spy at him,” he whispered lowly.
“Don’t give me that!” Raul said, not realizing that he was shouting, “Because there’s no way to spy at a co-Gyrus—”
“Ssh!” Harrison shunned him and the younger Ted appeared in the mirrors of the two long-lasting malefactors instantly, leaving Raul gaping in a stunned manner.
The younger Ted was seen dozing off in a long bus that was conveying him to his destination. The sound of his saw-woods invoked laughter from the duos, who instantly thought it an ostentatious opportunity to quickly manufacture the ‘black and white’ dream and ‘export’ it to him before he wakes up. That they did at a great lick.
However, Harrison warned Raul not to let anyone know that he did spy at another citizen. He made Raul to swear on his life that he would keep it secret and the boy did just that.
The boys had said ‘goodbyes’ when Harrison called out, “Hey, don’t go yet. I almost forgot—the dream you said that you made for the magistrate, what was it all about?”
“Well…it was in black and white.”
“You’ve said that before, jus’—jus’ gist me what it was all about.”
“Okay…the magistrate asked me to make a dream for him that one pastor, the one Kent Robins claimed that he got his death from—”
“You mean Robinson Carew?” Harrison asked fast.
“Something like that—the pastor should see himself killed by our magistrate. He should see the power in him far less than the power in Gyrus.”
“Did he then see it that way?” Harrison asked impatiently.
“I told you earlier—it was abortive. The signal was poor and the dream never got to him. The magistrate blamed me for that happening, but it was not my fault. Though the dream was black and white yet it was made with incredibly humongous terabytes of memory, to cause much grief and heaviness to the man’s brain, so that he could worry over it until he believes in it, but unfortunately it never got to him. The magistrate blamed me for making the dream so heavy. He concluded ignorantly that the heaviness of the dream must have made it to experience a crash on the way to the Evangelist’s brain. Harrison, the magistrate conclusion was wrong, since the weight of a dream never has anything to do with crashing it. The man was damn wrong,” Raul was shouting. He continued, “Harrison, to be frank I don’t just know why the dream did not get to the Evangelist—Robinson Carew.”
Raul stopped abruptly when he looked into his mirror and discovered that Harrison was no more in it. He had vanished even before Raul had got half-way in his verbose narration, but since Raul had not been looking at his mirror he did not discover that on time.
“Shit!” Raul screamed as he realized it eventually.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
SirDUKE and hisxlency + 1 masquerade(guest) I am seeing u oooo wink
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
Am in sir sammy u re doing great stil following

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
sirDUKE: Am in sir sammy u re doing great stil following

Good 2 hear that...and it's like we also have a new friend in the house... MachineX wink
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Blessedmum(f): 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
Well done Sammy for taking d pain to start all over,I almost thought I av lost EBIAG.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
Blessedmum: Well done Sammy for taking d pain to start all over,I almost thought I av lost EBIAG. This is ur one& only Queenrose102

Wow!!!
Welcome back Queenrose cheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nancydearie(f): 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Well done Sammy Hoe*Still Following*
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nancydearie: Well done Sammy Hoe*Still Following*

U're welcome...will update if light is restored tonight
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nancydearie(f): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sammy Hoe:
U're welcome...will update if light is restored tonight
Ok,waiting,may GOD continue to empower and see to ur needs and may HIS Grace never depart from u IJNA. U are doing a great work irrespective dat u lost most of EBIAG but u still ve d zeal and courage to carry on. GOD will continue to grant u more wisdom. All the best!!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by MachineX(m): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

Good 2 hear that...and it's like we also have a new friend in the house... MachineX wink
You Caught Me. Walahi, I Wan Join This EBIAG Family... Walahi, This Story Is Great...
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
MachineX: You Caught Me. Walahi, I Wan Join This EBIAG Family... Walahi, This Story Is Great...

Lol cheesy You are in already...welcome to EBIAG!!!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
Gud evening EBIAG house,
Welldone Sammyprof, the Lord is your strength..
...*takes handkerchief* still mourning over 80 pages of SHTV *cleans tears*

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
dammygoody: Gud evening EBIAG house,
Welldone Sammyprof, the Lord is your strength..
...*takes handkerchief* still mourning over 80 pages of SHTV *cleans tears*

Hmm...old memory... those Am and Pm news...they're d bomb...I shan't forget SHTV undecided
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nancydearie(f): 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
*Still waiting for the update*
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 04, 2014
Midnite Meal!!!

[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

Love Don't Cost A Thing. / Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Vanity Fair List Of International Best Dressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.