Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (32501 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 10:25am On Jul 11, 2014
Nice 1
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by bobostykah(m): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
SammyHoe: LogoDWhiz and Bobostykah I see una o
my oga me sef dey see you ooooo ....... Just on a low key
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 8:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
UPDATES.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
[b]story continuation...

Ted forcefully pulled out his leg from the hole. His trouser was wet with water. Luckily, the toilet was well taken care of- the last users had painstakingly taken care of it.
He was in dilemma. Now he didn't know whose toilet he landed. What if it was a toilet in a private home?

Ted poked his head out of the door to gaze at the exterior. Somebody was approaching. His heart thumped. He was sweating...

Kate had arranged for five hefty guys to beat the younger Ted up. Herself wasn't going to show up in the venue; she would watch them from afar. She had instructed them to beat him up until he had lost consciousness, exactly the same way she was concussed by Henry's stick.

"An eye for an eye," she said. However, Jane was the brain behind it all. Since herself wasn't able to make friendship with the opposite gender she was not going to allow others do it. She was particular with Kate's case because she was the other person in the music band who didn't have a boyfriend. She didn't want to be isolated.

The guys had a photograph of Ted with them which Kate had given to them. Kate and Jane were peeping from a safe distance. Kate peeped at her watch. Her countenance changed.

"What the hell is keeping him back?" she said.

"Distance I think," said Jane. "Ohio to California isn't a little journey."

"But Ted said he does travel by plane. He should be here by now."

Jane laughed.

"Kate, I've told you, that guy isn't really in love with you. If he is, by now he should be here. Didn't he know this place?"

'We've been here together for chrissake!" she shouted.

"He is not gonna come."

"So what do I tell these guys? Should I tell them to go back without pay? It isn't just gonna be possible." Kate peered into her watch again and said, "Jane, I hope your dad isn't leaving California too soon."

"He said he would take off 1pm," said Jane.

"No qualm then. We'd have known our fate before then."

"He's here!" Jane suddenly screamed as she pointed towards the cafe. They were shocked!

"What's he doing here?" Kate asked Jane, but Jane seemed even more confused.

The younger Ted walked close to the Crystal Cottage with a velvety smooth green suit and a hat to match his outfit. He had a pair of expensive shoes on his legs. He walked slowly, leaning on a walk stick as though he would fall without it.

Jane and Kate had mistaken the identity of Ted for Jane's father's because of the sameness in their dressing. When they looked at the figure critically they discovered he was Ted Manuel and not Mr Putin, Jane's father. They were flabbergasted.

Mr. Putin had only come to California on flight that morning to shoot a movie. He was a movie director. With the advice of his daughter, he had to book two more flight tickets- Jane's and Kate's. If he knew that Jane had a secret agenda other than coming to view the movie proceedings, he wouldn't have come with her let alone Kate her friend.

The movie scene was a conference hall. Jane and Kate excused themselves to get fresh air outside the hall, but in a jiff they left the scene.
Jane and Kate quickly colluded with some thugs who would help them deal with the younger Ted. Those guys were just loitering around the Crystal Cottage, lying in wait for Ted.

Mr. Putin didn't notice the departure of the girls because he was just too busy. He suddenly began to feel uneasy, therefore he decided to go urinate in one of the toilets in the hall...[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
[b]The younger Ted remembered Jane's warning. He wasn't going to rush into the cottage. He was wary of the guys Jane had warned him about. Ted had suspected two of them, having seen them loitering about. When they saw him, they suddenly readjusted. Ted traced them with the corner of his left eye and saw them in company of three others. They were peeping at something.

The thugs wanted to be sure that he was the one Kate and Jane had asked them to attack. They stared at the picture and were glad.

The younger Ted reduced his pace as he made move to enter the cottage. A sheriff was at the door. Just when Ted would step into the cottage, the five hefty guys rushed at him and jostled the sheriff off their way in the process.
Ted swung into action immediately. He kicked a belly and pushed the victim away. He knocked two heads against each other and raked them off the ground with his swift kicks. The last two guys just ran into a van they had parked somewhere close to the cottage and zoomed off.

Ted had finished them off in a jiffy.

"This is not happening!" Kate gasped. She didn't believe her eyes.

"I can't believe he just finished them off. What the hell?" Jane said pretentiously. Kate was filled with angst. She feared the return of the runaway gangsters.

"Jane, are you sure these guys ain't gonna be coming for us? You know I haven't settled them yet."

"I'm afraid they would," Jane replied worriedly. He was insinuating that her father would soon get to know the secret. "What if they come for us while dad is with us?"

"That's my fear too," Kate said. "I'm a confused girl right now."

Kate was tempted to go meet the younger Ted immediately to apologize but Jane wouldn't let her go.

"You'd better not do that," Jane instructed.

The three thugs were lying helplessly on the bare floor. The fallen sheriff had risen up. In anger he twisted the hands of the victims and cuffed them up.

"Who are they?" he asked Ted.

"Don't know them," said Ted as he walked into the cottage.

Kate and Jane began to hurry away. Mr. Putin mustn't be looking for them. They began to wave down taxi cabs to take them back to the conference hall.

When Ted didn't see Kate in there, he knew Jane was right. The five guys he just finished beating up were Kate's accomplices.

Ted caught a glimpse of Kate and Jane just when they boarded a vehicle. The manner they got in there seemed more like a kidnap to him. It was as though they were forced in there.

Quickly, Ted got on a cab too. He wanted to trail them.

Kate and Jane sobbed.

"What have we done?" they shed tears.

"They have our men," said one of them. They were four in number; the two escapees inclusive. "We ain't gonna release you two until you pay us for our service and have our guys released.

Jane was angry. She screamed, "Fool! You guys haven't done anything worth pay!" She got a slap on the face.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
[b]Kate was just shivering. How would Gaby and Sally cope with her absence? Last time she was in Los Angeles it was hell, now this time again...She was sobbing.

The gang got them to their hideout. They were just four young rascals--teenagers. They alighted and dragged the girls. The younger Ted alighted too. In a jiff there was another fight. Ted displayed a high-class Kungfu skill to confuse them all. Soon he had them free.

Kate was emotional. She couldn't help sobbing. Ted was shy as Kate gawped passionately into his eyes. She fell at his neck and gave him a tight hug.

"Ahem!" Jane sounded. They disentangled. "Dad must see you Ted. Maybe you'd be good for a Bruce Lee in dad's film, or don't you wanna be a movie star?" Jane taunted him.

"With all pleasure I'd loved to be," Ted grinned.

"Then come with us," Jane grabbed his right wrist and pulled hin along. Ted just moved on like an android, turning his head backward to give Kate a glimpse.

Mr. Putin was nervous. He hadn't seen his daughters since the incident took place. He'd have left the scene immediately after the embarrassment but for his daughter's absences.

Jane was astounded when he saw around ten missed calls on her cellular. Dad had been calling. Mr. Putin had ordered for a new attire. The jean trousers and shirt left by Ted wasn't worth it. It was an oversize--a crazy jean for that matter.

Mr. Putin was still surprised at the rapacity of the incidence. What on earth did that rascal apply on him to make him sleep in the toilet that way? That thing must be highly soporific.

Mr. Putin didn't have the inkling that his sleep was only engendered by a diabolical means. He thought Ted had used a sleeping perfume on him.

As they approached the conference hall, Ted knew he was in for trouble.

"Jane, I don't think I would wanna be a movie star," he said nervously.

Jane smiled.

"You may not," Jane said. "But at least you'd want to see my dad who brought us here. Maybe you'd wanna be a little bodyguard to him."

"Em, er...okay, lemme j-just see him. B-but I don't think I-I would wanna be a bodyguard," Ted stuttered in fret. He just wished the man he stole his attire wouldn't catch sight of him while he would be meeting Mr. Putin.

Mr. Putin was standing outside the hall. He soon saw his daughter with the rascal who stole his cloth.
Ted was taken aback when he saw that he was the same man in the toilet.

"What on earth are you doing with this--Thief?" Mr. Putin surged forward to grab Ted but Ted fled swiftly. The girls were left in the cloud until Putin made an end to his narration.

"What!" they screamed.

"Ted is a dead man!" Jane yelled vindictively and sobbed. She had to explain the whole story to her father who flared up and threatened the girls.

"You girls are both in soup! Our flight tickets back home are inside that suit!" Mr Putin confessed.

They had to book for another flight tickets
The return flight was hell![/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 10:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thanks for the update,hope this isn't all we are getting tonight
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
cool
Bash92: Thanks for the update,hope this isn't all we are getting tonight

If I get more tonight I'll post it...else ( in professor Wilson's voice)
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by temmythe(f): 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
Weldon n tx for d update. Have a gud night, house
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
#Following
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 11:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
Good evening house,
Well done Sammyprof....
Reading these updates again makes them more interesting and wonderful...
The Lord is your strength sire...
left to me, I would have preferred a well detailed summary (I know I'm lazy) but nevertheless, whether we crawl, walk or run, we will still get there...

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Uniboy1: 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=dammygoody]Good evening house,
Well done Sammyprof....
Reading these updates again makes them more interesting and wonderful...
The Lord is your strength sire...
left to me, I would have preferred a well detailed summary (I know I'm lazy) but nevertheless, whether we crawl, walk or run, we will still get there...
Can't wait to get to where i stopped mehn. Where did u stop? Stopped at where Henry was travelling to home to get his parent's approval to partispate in the physics competition...

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
[b]CHAPTER SIX

BONE OF CONTENTION

"Henry, when was the last time you spoke with Ted?" the older Ted asked.

"I haven't spoken with him since yesterday when we left him in his school," said Henry...

The day before, their journey to and from Ohio was by flight. Professor Wilson sponsored the trip. It was a shock for Henry two days back when he entered the dean's office to say 'hi' and discovered the man was in a very good mood:

"Henry, what have I given you when you helped me win the Professors' Award few months back?"

"You got me into the basketball team," Henry said.

"Is that all?" the professor asked.

"Yeah," Henry replied.

The man fiddled with the tip of his pointed nose.

"That isn't enough Henry Gee. What else do you want? Ask now."

Henry was thinking fast. He had two things to ask now--the seventh question and his Book of Power. He didn't know how the dean would feel if he asked him for those things. As if the man was a mind-reader, he just went straight to his shelf and had the Book of Power.

"Now Henry, take back your book of power. For the seventh question please forget about it cos you ain't gonna hear that from me. Now ask for one more favour and I'm gonna do it--if I could."

"Thanks a ton," Henry said and swallowed his spittle. "Dunno if you could help sponsor a journey to Ohio by air, to and fro."

"No problem Henry," said the man, "I'll issue you a check. Go cash the check and get the tickets yourself."

"Please for two, Ted and me," Henry added.

"No problem Henry. Come back in two hours to get the check."

Henry left with his book of power. He now felt ad though he was on top of the world...

The older Ted tapped Henry.

"Why the tap?" Henry was jolted out of his thought.

"Didn't you hear what I said?"

"What, Ted, what?"

"I'm perceiving that Ted is around."

"You mean the younger Ted?"

"Who else would I be talking about?" said the older Ted.

"What's he going to be looking for?"

"You're speaking as if you don't know him," said the older Ted, laughing. "He could come as far afield as Ohio to get that photograph. You know he's always been desperate."

"Well...it's not my headache. Ted, I'm just a bit scared right now."

"Why?"

"What if I disgraced myself before Cassy and Genevieve? They're gonna pick me up soon. I'll be taking them through some abstract physics topics--quantum mechanics and the rest. What if I don't know how to explain? Won't they make a caricature of me before the whole school? Remember, the Winkee stuff almost made me go crazy, the Halloween murder was another issue, then the Silly fight, the Weird photograph, the White's battle...why always me?"

The older Ted could read fear on his friend's face. He held his hands and pressed them firmly together. Then he whispered, "Henry, you're my best friend. Since I met you, you rocked my world. Ain't you worth a million times more than any lady to me? Listen to what I've got to say: be defiant; be fierce; be brave; don't fear your fears so that your fears could fear you and vanish; be courageous to face any difficult situation..."

A display of emotion followed. It looked more saccharine than real, but actually it was real. Henry tightened up on Ted like a gay partner. A snail and its cocoon would be an understatement to describe the kind of friendship existing between them--maybe a siamese twins would do it better, since it would be more difficult to separate them.

A car honked. Henry stepped out to see who was there. Cassy stepped out of the lilac blue car. She looked classy. Her skirt was a bit above her knees. The car was flashy. Henry didn't know she had a car. She advanced with a lopsided gait. Her pigtail hair peeped behind her neck. She was redressing her dark goggle on and on.

Cassy grabbed Henry.

"Let's get going," she whispered. Henry just followed suit, mouth wide agape. The older Ted stood still. He waved at Henry and went his way when the car revved to life. They had mistakingly left the door ajar.

Susie came around with some books with her. Seemed she was here for business. Actually, she was having troubles with her academics. She was here so Henry could explain some stuffs to her. She must have been finding physics really tough.

Susie's countenance had something sad to tell. She wasn't just looking salubrious. What could be making her sad? Has she seen Henry in that car with Cassy? A breach of trust she would definitely term it peradventure that was the case.

Susie soon made her mind known in a soliloquy:

"What on earth is Henry doing in that car with a slut? So, he has been cheating on me all the while. I thought he said he wanted a serious relationship with me...so why's another girl coming in now?" Susie was already sobbing.

"If it was Cynthia then it's understandable cos love can never die. But now, another girl in Henry's life? I'd better not let that happen. Only God knows where they'd be heading. I'm sure not going to leave here until he returns."

Susie was antsy. She was just traipsing around the lounge. She suddenly threw the books with her at the floor.

"What's physics to me without Henry?" she said when casting them away. Something about Susie was that when she made up her mind on something, she would do everything to see it done. She had only fallen in love once, and that was with Henry. She would now find it hard to believe she would be losing him to another girl.

"Not even Cynthia now," she sobbed. "I'll teach this intruder a lesson of her life."

She sat down on the sofa and crossed her legs on the table close to her.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=Uniboy1][/quote]

Henry traveling home to get his parent approval is where I stoped too. cheesygringringrin

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
[b]Cassy pulled up before her house. She lived off campus. Genevieve was waiting.

"Oh, Genius, you're here," Genevieve rushed at him. She looked seducing. She had painted her lips red. Her fingernails glistened. She had made them cerise. Henry was uncomfortable. He tried hard to get her hands off his body.

Cassy said," Henry, do you enjoy the ride?"

"Sure," Henry said and gazed into his watch. "Let's get started immediately. I've got no time."

"Time, time, time," Genevieve said. "What's your problem with time all the time? Genius like you wouldn't have time for once."

Henry couldn't bear her teases anymore.

"For all I care girls, I'm only here to do academics and nothing more, uh."

Genevieve remembered something. She rushed in to pick a camera.

"What's this for?" Henry was puzzled.

"Please, please, please, a snapshot with you," Genevieve asked.

"A snapshot?" Henry was awed. "Don't gimme that, er! I'm not here for that."

Cassy pacified Henry. He managed to stifle his embarrassment.

"So, Henry let's take something before we begin. What d'you wanna crunch?"

Henry was hungry. He was shy to be specific. He couldn't utter a word.

Cassy winked at Genevieve.

"Genevieve, go get it ready," Cassy said. Genevieve was eager. She had all the ingredients at her reach. She diced the carrots, spinach, lettuce as she hurried to get something done.

Cassy got Henry to talk. Cassy wasn't altogether bad. She was gentle-natured, unlike Genevieve who loved to be more showy. Cassy had all the time lived a simple life, but Genevieve had done a lot to change her. The clothing she wore to Henry's residence was Genevieve's handiwork: that morning they went for shopping just to get themselves some outfit that would appeal to Henry.

Cassy wouldn't stop beaming with smiles.

"Em, er, you feel too shy. Ain't you any girlfriend?" Cassy said.

Henry was a bit embarrased. He knew that keeping silent wouldn't do any good. He was going to give her what she wanted.

"I do have one. What about you?"

Cassy just kept quiet. She frowned. Henry also stayed mute. He wasn't going to let Cassy play on his intelligence.

Maybe she wanted me to do the talking, Henry thought. She's probably expecting the 'talk to me' and the 'what's wrong' stuffs. She can go to hell if she isn't going to talk.

"He jilted me," Cassy spoke at last. She began to sob. "Matthew dumped me for another lady."

Henry's weak point came into play. He was always swayed with emotions. Emotional weakness was exactly what made him bow to Susie's wish to be her friend.

"After all I did for Matthew, he just left me like that...and..." She sniffed uncontrollably.

Henry knew she was sure going to open unending stories about Matthew. To prevent this, Henry tucked his hand into his shirt pocket and gave her a handkerchief.

"It's okay, jus--jus' clean up your, your--" Henry was pointing to her face. Cassy leaned on him and wept still.

Henry was short of words. He wasn't just used to ladies--only Susie had seen more of him. To him, Susie was more than just a girlfriend. She was the sister she didn't have. Kate could have gone for a trade by barter only if his parents would agree to swap her for Susie.

Cassy soon kept quiet.

Henry psyched himself up to ask, " So, Cassy ain't we gonna start?"

"Em, after the meal. Genevieve is making something up...

Genevieve peeped. Seemed she was up to something fishy. She unzipped her change purse and had a little substance wrapped up in a glossy polythene material. She turned the content into the vegetable mixture.

"Serves them right," she said with a smile...

Susie had waited for an hour. She wasn't just going to leave Henry's apartment.

"Henry will come back here to tell me what transpires between him and that boyf snatcher. Oh my God! I'm sick of all these!" she banged the table. She felt pain on her fist.

Susie lay on the sofa. She was just turning around like someone having stomach ache. She got up, went to the bathroom and turned a knob. She spread her palms before the tap, then she lowered her face to her waterlogged palms. She shook her head to get water out of her hair. Then she approached the mirror. Susie set her eyes straight at the mirror and slid her hands over her hair. She licked off
the droplets of water on her face with her right index finger.

"Am I not beautiful enough?" she whimpered. "Of course I am," she concluded for herself. "If I wasn't beautiful then Mr. Cletus wouldn't have bothered my life to be his lover those days."

Mr. Cletus was the young lecturer who had a slap on the face when asking Susie out two years back. Susie remembered the myriad of letters she had from the man those days. The gifts she rejected were countless too.

In those letters, Mr Cletus didn't cease to underscore the fact that Susie was an angel. He had described Susie's bulgy eyes as the apples in his heart. Mr. Cletus was poetic. Those days, he took his time to describe every part of her external anatomy. She said her ears were like two petals of a hibiscus;
What many people termed froggy eyes were Mr. Cletus' bobby dazzler. He wanted Susie by all means but she had no desire for him.

Susie now felt guilty. Maybe she shouldn't have treated him that way then: the letters, the flowers, the gifts--text messages in plethora, all shredded to pieces. Not even a single one was sent to him by Henry.

"Maybe Henry's never in love with me. Maybe I should just call it all off--at least I have guys coming for me. They care!"

Susie sobbed out her eyes.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
[b]Henry's stomach lurched. Cassy heard a sound.

"What's that?" she asked.

"Em, er, my stomach," Henry said.

"Calling for food I guess," Cassy said with a smile.

"No...not really," Henry replied. He was shy to come out clear. Henry's stomach was actually calling for food. He hadn't really fed well all day; just two slices of bread and a cup of coffee was all he had in his stomach--during breakfast.

"Stomach upset or something?" Cassy said--exactly what Henry would have said. Henry shook his head in the affirmative. "Haven't you taken medicine?"

"It's natural--comes once in a while and clears up by itself," Henry lied.

"Do you think it's not gonna bother you while teaching--me?"

"I'll manage," Henry said and looked at his wristwatch. "As a matter of fact, I ain't gonna be staying too long in here. I said an hour, now half an hour's gone already."

Cassy frowned.

"Henry, are you not already feeling at home here?" Cassy said. "What's there to do back in your apartment all alone?"

"Who told you I'd be there all alone? Didn't you see my friend Ted back there?" Henry said.

Cassy looked straight into Henry's face and smiled. He seemed just the perfect kind of person she wanted--exactly how it was first time he met Cletus who jilted her. Cassy unconsciously began to fiddle with Henry's fingers which had all the while been left on the table.

"What the hell are you doing with my fingers?" Henry voiced out immediately.

"Oh, Henry I'm--I'm so sorry," Cassy pleaded. Henry rose up and was making for the door. Cassy rushed after him.

"I said I'm sorry," she begged.

"It's best we call it a day, Cassy. Didn't you say I'm here to do academcs? Why can't you jus'--jus' stay on your own?"

"I said I'm sorry," Cassy said.

Henry listened to her. They adjourned to the sofa once more...

Sussie had left the lounge for Henry's bedroom. She lay on the bed and squeezed the quilt beneath her with her fists tightened together. She banged the pillows on and on again. Eventually, she shut her eyes in sleep...

The younger Ted deemed it fit to see Henry and the older Ted. It would be unreasonable for him to leave Los Angeles without seeing Henry and Ted--most importantly without getting the picture from Henry. He knew his aunt would now be worried. She would be trying hard by now to give Mrs. Ross a call. The telephone disconnection would be too tedious for her to set up on her own.

"I'll fix that later--a kidnap story would do," he said as he made move to get to the CCUL. A surge of guilt suddenly gripped him. Kate would sure not want to be with him anymore after all he did to Mr. Putin, Jane's father. Earlier, Ted had visited a classy restaurant to feed his stomach after discovering some dollars in Mr. Putin's suit. He had enough to take him back to Ohio, but he would first need see Henry and Ted.

Ted walked into the house. It was ajar. He got in and found no soul. Since what he needed most was the picture, he began to search for it. In a flash, he was right in Henry's study. He got the locker opened with his magic and searched. At last he had it.

"Yes!" He would now call it a day--no need to see Henry and Ted again. He would inform them through the mirror. Ted turned heel to leave, but then a 'hill' was before him to climb. Susie held his wrist and retrieved the picture.

"Thief!" he screamed at him.

"Sushi!" Ted screamed in shock.

"What the hell are you doing in here, you thief?"

"I should ask you that," said Ted.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Uniboy1: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Welldone sammy na u try pass
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Uniboy1: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=Canme4u]

Henry traveling home to get his parent approval is where I stoped too. cheesygringringrin

we go graduate 2gether :-D
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=Uniboy1][/quote]

lol, I will surely graduate before you do... I must find a shortcut. gringrincheesy cos
am the pageLord on this page.

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by opyzy(m): 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
hmmn I quit being a silent reader, sammyhoe kudos to u
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
opyzy: hmmn I quit being a silent reader, sammyhoe kudos to u

U are welcome wink
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
[b]"Don't you know what I'm worth before Henry?" Susie yelled.

"You can go ask Henry how indispensable I am to him," the younger Ted replied.

" Torn in the flesh you are!" Susie screamed and held him by the collar. "You should see how Henry keeps lamenting all day cos of you."

The grip was tough on his neck. He struggled to let himself loose from her trammel, but it wasn't just possible--her grip was too rigid.

"Pl--please let m-me go," Ted said with difficulty.

" Of course I'll let you go," Susie said. She left his collar and ordered him out. Ted wasn't ready to leave yet. He halted when he got to the door of the lounge.He would surely not leave without the photograph.

" Sushi, can't we be friends? I mean ur, eh, just friends... you know what I'm saying."

Susie laughed.

"Friendship? Oh my--can't just imagine myself standing before a high-class thief to reply a request of friendship. Are you insane?"

"Of course I'm not, Sushi," Ted said. "Yes I was a thief, a thug, a robber, a rogue-just name it...but Sushi, believe me, that was the past. I've turned over a new leaf. I'm a changed person!"

Susie looked at him like a weirdo.

"How soon did you turn over that leaf of yours, uh? Don't tell me what you've demonstrated with Henry's locker just now was in the past. Is it?"

Ted couldn't speak.

"Now tell me why you stole all the cash in Henry's treasury and wrecked him, you scavenger!"

The younger Ted was dumbfounded. What was he going to utter now? Eventually, he found his voice and said, "Sincerely, I am not here to steal his cash--just to have the picture and--that's all. I won't even mind paying for it now."

"Hm," Susie smiled. "Name it," she said, putting two fingers out to receive something.

" Fifteen dollars," said Ted.

"No, thirty," she replied.

"Okay, twenty."

"No, twenty-eight."

"Twenty five?" said Ted.

"It's a deal," Susie agreed.

"Thanks Sushi," Ted was grateful.

Susie was displeased with the way Ted was addressing her.

"I'm not Sushi; I'm Susie or do I look like a fish dish?"

"Sorry Sushi, em, er..."

"Susie," she corrected him again.

" Susie... you're hot and delicious-just like Sushi."

"Whatever," Susie smiled. The younger Ted's tease had just confirmed her self-acclaimed thought that she was pretty. However, she wasn't going to let Ted go without the money.

" Ted counted twenty-five dollars and gave it to her.

Susie didn't give her the picture. Instead, she pushed him out and shut the door...

Genevieve set the meal before them. Henry wasn't shy at all while lifting the cutleries. He was sure going to fill up his stomach to the end. Genevieve left her own food untouched after telling a lie that she left the gas on and would be going to put it off.

Cassy just smiled all along. Henry was avoiding her eyes.

"Henry, isn't it delicious?" Cassy said and crossed her legs, leaning lopsidedly towards Henry. Henry adjusted to avoid body contact. Then he replied, "Genevieve must be a chief chef. I mean it's okay."

Cassy was the first to collapse. She just fell sideways on the sofa, her head now resting on Henry's groin. Henry was too weak to do anything now. He bent his neck and laid his head on the table. Off they passed to unconsciousness...[/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
[b]Genevieve had been peeping from the kitchen door all the while. Now she stepped out of there, certain that her plan had worked out. Genevieve was only following Jessica's instructions.

Jessica was Henry's departmental mate who had been snubbed many times by Henry. Jessica was pretty-looking--appealing to every male's sense of sight. Jessica needed Henry to love her by all means. Her beauty was just what every beauty-seeker would call an epitome, but Henry hadn't considered her, at least for once.

Jessica had graceful gaits. Just to make Henry love her by all means, she made sure she participated in the Miss CCUL contest and won. Under normal circumstances, Jessica wouldn't have taken part in the beauty contest because she didn't want to call the attention of more guys to herself. She only did it for Henry.

Jessica invited Henry to be present in the contest, but Henry gave her cold shoulder. Jessica was sad. Having Henry as a lover would really go a long way to satiate her latent desire for a lover. Henry or no one else.

Earlier, Susie and Jessica were close friends, but when Jessica got to know that Susie was also in the race to get Henry as a lover, she called off the friendship with her and made fun of her, calling her 'froggy-eyed'.

Once, Jessica had someone to design Susie's caricatures and paste them around the school. She made sure her eyeballs were exaggerated in the caricatures to make the fun more pronounced.

Susie just managed to stomach her insults those days.

Jessica had many fans; Genevieve being one of them. She was rich, so she could afford to pay any amount to make sure Susie lose Henry. The plan was to have Henry snapped with another lady. She would then send the pictures to Susie.

Genevieve had collected a heavy sum of money from Jessica to have the scandalous deed performed. Cassy knew nothing about this. She was just being natural.

Genevieve came close to them. She made Henry sit properly on the sofa and balanced Cassy on his laps. The victims were just far gone in deep sleep. Genevieve stepped back and gave them series of snapshots. She made them assume different postures--like bringing down Henry's face close to Cassy's--

She smiled fiendishly.

"Jessica's gonna be happy with these," she said with smiles. "She'll pay up my balance with alacrity--I'll have extra."

Henry's cellular rang. Susie was the caller. She was using Henry's landline to call him. She had lost patience, so she was going to have Henry clear himself on the phone.

Susie freaked when a female voice seived into her ears--a confirmation that Henry was still with the girl she saw earlier.

Susie lost her voice. She didn't know what to say.

"Hallo!...who's on the line? Hallo...?..." Genevieve was asking.

At last Susie spoke:

" Who are you?" Susie shouted.

" I should be the one asking," Genevieve said stylishly. "Who's on the line?"

"Er, uh...Henry's girlfriend Susie, so what the hell are you doing with my lover's phone?"

"Lover, lover, lover...listen Susie or whatever that name of yours is...Henry is my lover and not yours. Maybe there's a mixed up somewhere, or probably this is the wrong Henry."

"Henry White?" Susie asked.

"Yeah, that's my lover," Genevieve said. "Maybe you should go find your lover somewhere else."

"What do you mean?" Susie yelled. "Who are you?"

"Oh, I haven't told you...this is Cassy, Henry's only lover."

"Lover? Er, uh...
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
[b]Genevieve cut her speech short:

"You heard me," Genevieve said. "Don't know why you're spewing trash 'bout my boyf."

Susie was clueless. She had to bring down her voice now. She needed to get things straight and being harsh wouldn't solve the situation. Perhaps Henry had been double-dating all the while. For Cassy to be attesting to the fact that Henry had all the while been her lover, she probably didn't know Henry was double-dating too, Susie thought.

"Where's he right now? I mean...em, er..."

"Lying beside me right away," Genevieve said. "He's holding me tighter now. Ha! ha! ha!" she laughed.

Susie had a sparkle in her brain. She stifled the traumatic effect of Genevieve's speech and said, "So Cassy, can you let Henry have the phone? Let me just hear from the horse's mouth. Let him tell me himself..."

"Don't say anything further. Henry doesn't wanna speak with you."

Susie sobbed on the phone. Genevieve cut the call off.

"Perfect!" she yelled frantically. "So, that's the froggy-eyed lover Jessica mentioned to me. She'll sure be in hell soon."

Susie leaned on the wall and wept.

"Henry doesn't wanna speak with me? Have I done anything wrong? Why is this happening to me? Is it just impossible to have a nerd lover? Can't keep playing hide and seek--gotta call this relationship off once and for all."

Susie discovered the photograph. She stared long at it and allowed her tears go down on it.

She kissed the picture and took a lasting glance at it for the last time.

"Goodbye Henry," she said as she put it back into the locker.

It was late already--8pm. She had to leave now. She had made up her mind not to listen to whatever shaggy-dog story Henry would come up with this time. She was gone and gone for good--Henry can now have his grip on Cynthia properly.

Susie bent to pick up her books. Slowly, she trudged out of the house...

The younger Ted had all the while been skulking around, waiting for Susie to leave so he could go in to pick up the picture again. He hid in the flowers when he heard her footsteps advancing. When Susie was well out of the compound, Ted rushed in and went in search of the photograph.

"At last," he said with delight when he eventually found it.

Susie saw him enter the house with her hyperopic eyes. She just pretended as though she didn't and walked away. No more her business, she thought.

Henry was shocked when he woke up and found Cassy lying on her. Genevieve was fast asleep on the floor too. She had hid the camera somewhere and had joined them in sleep too, having eaten her own portion of the meal after completing her mission.

"What the hell?" Henry screamed. He tapped Cassy out of her sleep. She was shocked as well.

"What happened? Did you girls drug me?" Henry was shouting.

Cassy couldn't just say a word.

"Jeez!" Henry screamed when he saw the time. It was 11pm.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
[b]CHAPTER SEVEN

To HELL WITH HENRY'S BOOK OF POWER

The younger Ted was glad he now had the photograph. He had hurried out of Henry's apartment earlier to lodge in a hotel not far away from the CCUL.

The younger Ted had come across the Book of Power while ransacking Henry's house earlier. When he opened it to read, he found it difficult. The words in there were just too difficult to pronounce. They weren't written in English. For that single reason, Ted reasoned that leaving it behind would be best for him.

When Henry returned around 11:30pm he was shocked to meet his doors ajar. He gave his brain a little thinking work and remembered he had left them unlocked earlier.

"But Ted should have locked them up!" he said.

Henry didn't want to put Cassy's thought in mind. Cassy hadn't been able to come out with any explanation. The scenario was just like a miracle to her. She couldn't help weeping.

When Genevieve was asked, she feigned ignorance too; at least they found her lying in sleep on the floor as well. If she was the perpetrator, she wouldn't have fed on the meal too.

Henry's head ached. He couldn't stay alone. He made a 'mirror-tone' call to the older Ted immediately.

"Ted!" Henry called when Ted appeared in the mirror.

"Henry!" Ted responded. "Why call me up at such a late hour?" Ted observed Henry's countenance and perceived something was eating him up.

"I..." Henry paused.

"What's wrong?"

" Can you just come over to my apartment?"

"Your apartment? Don't you know what time it is? It's almost twelve a.m for chrissake!"

"I know...jus' c-come right away," he stuttered. "I have something to tell you."

"Something we can't discuss through the mirror?"

"Yeah, Ted, I'm seriously confused right now. Can't stay alone!"

Ted perceived Henry must really be troubled.

"Okay, I'll be with you presently," Ted said and 'hung up'.

Henry just paced about in his lonely lounge, waiting for Ted's arrival. It really bothered him that Cassy took casual knowledge of him. Cassy had explained umpteenth time that she knew nothing about the whole thing.

Henry's phone rang. It was Cassy calling again. She had called Henry two times after he left her place, but Henry hadn't responded the calls. Now, he picked the cellular.

"Henry, are you back safely at home?" Cassy said.

"So you could come drug me and have sex with me again?" Henry replied critically.

"I swear I don't know what you're saying," Cassy yelled on the phone. She broke up in tears. Henry cut her off.

Cassy had adjured Genevieve to confess what she put in the meal to make them go into somnolence that way.

"I don't know," Genevieve lied. "Just the lettuce, spinach, garlic and--just vegetables. Don't know how something soporific got in there, I swear!"
Genevieve was shedding crocodile tears.

"Okay, okay, I'll fix things up. Clean up your tears," she told her. She was weeping herself.

Ted was at the door. Henry opened the door for him to go in.

"Ted, what's the matter? What the hell happened to you? I mean what did Cassy do to you?"

"Cassy drugged me and slept with me," Henry said.

"What!" Ted screamed. "Tell me this didn't happen. Henry how dyou expect me to believe she did this?"

"That's just exactly the truth. I even found her lying on me when I woke up. What more evidence do I need to prove she drugged me."

"And what was her reaction?"

"She denied committing the act. That fool will surely pay for this. I'll hurt her with the magic--just watch and see!"

Ted looked critically at Henry's face and said, "Didn't you say you ain't gonna use your magic to spellbind a little innocent girl those days? Why do you wanna use it on Cassy right now?"

"But she's guilty meeen!" Henry vociferated. "She drugged me!"

Ted remained silent for a while. At last he said, "Henry, I'm perceiving that girl is innocent."

Henry looked at Ted as if he was mad.

"Are you crazy? Your perception must be wrong this time! You can't be right right now."

"I'm right most of the time-you know."

"But not all the time, Ted, not all the time! Did you not say that you were feeling the presence of the younger Ted yesterday? Where was he? You were wrong Ted; and now you're wrong again."

"Well...maybe I was wrong. But for this case the perception is stronger. Cassy couldn't have done that."

" Dyou know her? I mean how could you just vouch for a lady's demeanor? They're so unpredictable!"

Silence fell on the room.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bholutife18(f): 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
Wow! Nce one

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Affable0709(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2014
grin SammyDriver.... ride on please grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Vstuffs(m): 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
Bros sammyhoe,I just finished reading through all the story from thread 0-164 via google cache.
But I notice one thing,most of the pages are either redirecting to page 21,23,22,24,showing a empty page with no content,or showing an error message(especially from page 144-164)please after that part(thread 164,were is the next update)
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
#waiting
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Uniboy1: 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
SammyHoe: CHAPTER SEVEN

To HELL WITH HENRY'S BOOK OF POWER

d madnes chapter
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Uniboy1: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
Happy sunday house
Can some one help me on how to use google cache so i can find my way to page 90 & fourth?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 14, 2014
Vstuffs: Bros sammyhoe,I just finished reading through all the story from thread 0-164 via google cache.
But I notice one thing,most of the pages are either redirecting to page 21,23,22,24,showing a empty page with no content,or showing an error message(especially from page 144-164)please after that part(thread 164,were is the next update)

Season 2...link: https://www.nairaland.com/1796916/everybody-genius--season-2

That's the season 2...
Pls I don't get you well...do you mean you've read the whole of this season 1 on Google cache or what

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Love Don't Cost A Thing. / A Must Read-letter From Abraham Lincoln To His Son’s Teacher / My Village Prince And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.