Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (32508 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
[b]CHAPTER THREE

MULTIPLE FURY

The younger Ted came to the CCUL clinic to pay Kate a visit. Kate was furious. She told him to go to hell.
"There isn't you and me anymore. How could you be so mean?"
"Kate, please just listen to me. I--I..."
"Nooooo!" Kate screamed. "Just get away!"
All efforts the younger Ted made to explain all that happened to her were to no avail.

"Kate, I swear it wasn't a setup-just a mere coincidence."
"Mere you call it er! Mere after splitting my head in two?" she began to sob. "Jus--just get away from here okay!"
"Please Kate listen to me. I swear on my life I didn't know you were Henry's sister. Please let's put that behind us and keep up the relationship."
"Ssh!" Kate made him keep silent. "Please go out immediately. Mum wouldn't take it lightly with you if she sees you here."
Ted lingered. He wouldn't leave. He held her right arm but she forced it off his grip and clicked the alarm button. A nurse rushed into the ward.
"Hey, Kate, what's the problem?" asked the nurse.
"Please tell this young man to leave me alone. He's getting on my nerves."
The younger Ted broke into tears.
"Kate it's me, it's me--Ted Manuel." He held his head and sobbed. Kate didn't even consider him for a second. The nurse came around him to order him out. Just then the door paved way.
Kate was the first to see who was at the door. She sat up when she saw her mother.
"Mum, you're here?"
"Yeah darling--told you I won't take long," she said. "What about dad? I know he would be in his workplace by now--my poor workaholic dad," Kate spoke softly, smiling.
Sally ignored her daughter and faced the younger Ted. All the while he was in there staring at them like an idi*ot. The manner Sally had silently ignored Kate was suggestive of the fact that she didn't want her to know something, perhaps a secret.
"Who's this young man here? Is he one of your friends?"
"Not at all mother," Kate said. " He's exactly the reason I'm here--Henry's friend who set me up." Kate pointed vindictively at him.
"Ma, it isn't so. Please I can explain."
Sally sized him up with her eyes. The look on her face was terrific, as though she would swallow him alive. Kate hadn't seen her mother display such look before.
"Look at this small thing," she came close and held his hair in her clenched fist. Ted groaned in pain. She didn't leave his hair alone. " Listen to me little boy, go home, tell your momma that I said you ain't ripe for a girl yet. Wait till the next three years and then come back for my Kate..."
Kate interrupted, "Mum!" Then she turned to him and said, " Mum isn't giving you hope. She's only joking, er. Never in this life, or in your dreams come for me okay?"
Sally was not done with him. His hair was still held tight in her grip.
"Young man, I don't wanna see you anywhere around my daughter until three years to come, uh! If I do then you'll be dead! Now leave!" She released him. The younger Ted heaved as he got back his freedom. He pointed at Kate, speechless and then he traipsed out of the ward.
Sally rushed to her daughter and gave her a hug.
"Kate, we are leaving for home--now," she declared.
Kate was glad about the news.

The older Ted made protracted effort to end the scuffle between Henry and the younger Ted.
"How should I forgive him?" Henry was red hot. "He stole all my money and rendered me penniless. Didn't you see how I was looking like a fool in the presence of Susie that day?"
"That was the past Henry, just forgive him and let's move on," the older Ted said. They were all sitting in the older Ted's room. If Henry had known earlier that Ted was in there with the younger one, he wouldn't have come visiting at all.
The younger Ted had admitted he was at fault earlier, but he just hated the fact that Henry was calling him a thief.

"I am not a thief and I wouldn't be one," Ted voiced out suddenly. "I know I was surely gonna pay you back, that was why I was free to take them. Sincerely, I was surely gonna pay you back, and that I'll surely do even now."
Henry stood and walked away from them a bit, his head bowed in thought, his lips crushing against his teeth. It was a great pain in the heart to him because a newspaper had covered the news.
The title had come as this:
A CCUL BOY SPLITS SISTER'S HEAD FOR FALLING IN LOVE
The only escape he had was that names were not mentioned on the paper. But Henry feared it would soon go around like a spreadfire that he attempted murdering his sister.
Many versions would soon begin to pop up; some would say that he carried out the action out of the jealousy of his sister's award. Henry thought it hard to readily forgive Ted; at least he must pay for his own costly mistake too.
"When are you paying me up?" Henry asked. "Cos mum and dad ain't going to send me dough to do the weeks I have ahead of me before the holiday, and as you know, I'm penniless."
"Soon," the younger Ted said soberly. "I'll sure get it from my aunt as soon as I'm out of here."
The older Ted was glad. He knew that the issue was coming to an end rapidly. To his utmost shock, Henry came close to the younger Ted and fell on his neck. He sobbed. The younger Ted could not believe his eyes. His life was sure going to be out of place if he lose Henry the way he lost Kate.
"You can pay anytime you have it," Henry showed compassion.
"Yeah meen, Henry you're mature," the older Ted smiled. "Case closed."[/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Affable0709(m): 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
Viewing this topic: SammyHoe ( m ) and 1 guest(s)

I see you brova... A genius you are.

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Affable0709(m): 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
Dedicated to Affable and those who are reading it
AS E DEY HOT

heheh Sammy hoe, i'm grateful for the dedicaton.... you is a Genius indeed.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Vstuffs(m): 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
I love the story bro,keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sammy ur doing great can't wait 4 u to catch up.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by temmythe(f): 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
Thanks for the update and I'm deeply sorry about the nairaland-ish. God bless you and your brain.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 10:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
Good PM EBIAGEES..
Wonderful update Sammyprof,
We'll soon get there....
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by sheblayze(f): 12:27am On Jul 10, 2014
Wow...nice story. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 10, 2014
sheblayze: Wow...nice story. Keep it up.

Thanks a lot wink
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 10, 2014
[b]story continuation....

Kate and Sally returned home. Gabby just sat on the chaise lounge quietly. It was unlike him, seeing his wife and not showing much sign of concern. Something must have gone wrong. However, Sally went close and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Daddy!” Kate screamed in elation. She hadn’t noticed her father’s cold reaction yet. Gaby managed to get up and gave Kate a hug.

“How are you feeling now Kate?” Gaby asked.

“Better,” Kate responded. She was no more having the bandage on her head; it was now on plaster.
Kate suddenly fiddled with a thought:

“Dad, ain’t you supposed to be in your workplace by now?” she asked. Gaby kept quiet. When Kate looked into her mother’s face at that instance, she knew something terrible must have happened.

Suddenly, as though Gaby had just been invigorated, he said, “Do you care this much?”

Kate was shocked! Gaby stared into her eyes and said, “Now Kate, tell me why you think it’s best to lie to your parents at this age.”

“H—how?” Kate stammered. She couldn’t stand the sudden harsh voice of her father whose hands were now laid on her shoulders. She felt depressed both in the heart and physically as well.

“Now could you please go ahead to tell us the reason why you left your music band and remainedc in CCUL?”

Kate couldn’t believe her ears. She wondered how her father got to know that. Earlier, she had told them a lie that her music band was with her in CCUL until the incident took place. However, she had later told her mother everything that really happened, but she wouldn’t dare tell her father.

Kate stared at her mother. She was shocked. How could mother reveal that secret to dad? she thought. Kate had asked her to keep it secret. Maybe it was Henry who told him. She began to think towards the direction that Gaby got to know the truth of the matter from Henry. Partially Kate was right because Henry indeed told them all that happened before Kate became conscious that day. But the other aspect of the story, that her music band left her, wasn’t something Henry could know about.

Actually, the riddle could be solved easily this way: If indeed the younger Ted and Henry connived together to disgrace her, then the answer wasn’t going to be far-fetched—meaning that the younger Ted told Henry that by himself since he knew everything about her music band departure. Now this proof would substantiate the fact that the younger Ted was an impostor. She was not going to give him a second chance which she had pondered upon just few hours back.

“Now Kate, tell me to my face again that your music band was with you when the accident happened.”
Kate began to sob. Gaby was furious. He screamed, “So...it was all a lie, uh! You lied to your mum and I that you were staying back in the CCUL for rehearsal whereas you were only trying to play love with that so-called Henry’s friend. You told me you don’t know that guy at all; you only asked him for direction to Henry’s apartment and he took you there, then Henry took over from there, uh? Aren’t those stories a rooster and bull fables?”

Kate knew there was something more than just what she thought had happened. For dad to be so harsh on her meant something was terribly wrong somewhere. She cast her mind back to his reaction when she asked him about his workplace few minutes ago. Could it be that father was sacked? What has he done to warrant that? Maybe the phone call he received in the hospital was just the confirmation of his sack. Kate was silently eager to know what it was.

A tear ran down Gaby’s left cheek as he shook Kate and said, “Kate, you and Henry are the only problems we have in this house. Your enmity is a total blemish to this family.”

“Dad, but it was all Henry’s fault!” Kate screamed.
Sally barged in now:

“Kate, ain’t you gonna keep shut and listen to your father?” She began to weep.

They were all quiet for a space of twenty seconds.
“I have been sacked,” Gaby let the cat out of the bag. It didn’t come as a shocker to Kate since she had insinuated it already.

“Why?” Kate asked.

Gaby told Kate the whole story...

Actually, that day Gaby got a phone call that his daughter was hospitalised, he was getting ready for office. He was supposed to present a business proposal before a particular big firm. Gaby and his employer had been working upon the possibility of meeting the executives of the firm for long. Now, after three years they agreed to listen to Gaby and his boss. They would come down to Gaby’s organisation to see things and have the proposal presented to them.

The cloth under the pressing iron that day was the one Gaby had planned to wear to the office to present the business proposal. Then the cloth got burnt due to Sally’s carelessness that day, perhaps as a result of her disturbing thought about Kate that day.

When Gaby received the call that Kate was hospitalized, he just dressed up impulsively without a proper check on his attire. Unfortunately it was the burnt cloth on the table he got on himself.

Unfortunately for him that day, his employer called him to report immediately at the office for the business proposal presentation. Without noticing the burnt spot on the shirt, Gaby rushed down to the office. He met the belligerent eyes of his employer. However, he tendered his tenable apology and proceeded with the presentation whose commencement had been delayed for thirty minutes due to Gaby's absence.

When Gaby was done with the proposal presentation, he was criticized by the guests, not only for the flaws in his speech but also for the condition of his attire.

"With this outfit of yours Mr. Gaby my company has deemed it unfit to honour your proposal," said Morgan, the Managing Director of the Megand International Company, a confectionery company.
Gaby just wished the earth would swallow him up. He was just noticing the burnt cloth.

""Sir--I--I can explain," Gaby said but Mr Morgan refused to listen to any excuse.

"You can fix this meeting again later when you're well prepared." He beckoned on his PA and they left.

Gaby didn't need to be told that it was all over for him. His employer didn't speak a word to him even when he was apologizing.

"Go see the secretary right away. You've got a package," said Gaby's employer.

Mr. Wilkinson was well known for terminating appointments in such manner. There couldn't be any two packages--always been sack letters.
Gaby just had to fulfill all righteousness. He left the office and got into the elevator. He was on the tenth floor and he would be meeting the secretary at the second floor. The time taken for him to get to Wendy would definitely suffice for her to make a sack letter ready with her fast fingers.
Mr. Wilkinson, Gaby's employer, put a call through to Wendy immediately, as soon as Gaby stepped out of the office.

"Wendy, I'll need you to prepare Gaby's sack letter immediately."

"Exactly sir," Wendy responded with a shaky voice on the phone. She knew what Mr. Wilkinson would say next.

"In one minute get that done, else you lose your job," he said and hung up. Exactly what Wendy had pre-empted. She knew he would say that.
Wendy immediately swung into action, having pushed herself forward on the swivel chair so she could come close to the computer keyboard. She had fast fingers.

Wendy had improved on her typing skills rapidly just because of the threats on her job she had received many times. If Wilkinson wanted her to do anything for him, he would include threats to facilitate the speed at which it would be carried out. On two occasions Wendy had made mistakes which took her days of serious pleadings before she was reconsidered. Wilkinson had warned her that she would be sacked at the third mistake. Now this was the third year, yet a mistake hadn't crop up.

Gaby got to Wendy's door. Just when he opened the door, Wendy turned her swivel chair around and his phone rang. It was Wilkinson wanting to confirm if Gaby had received the 'package'.
"Oh! Mr. Gaby, you're here!" Wendy exclaimed. She was waiting to get the letter from the printing machine when Gaby's phone rang.

Gaby picked the phone.

"Hello sir," Gaby said.

"Yeah. Have you received the package from Wendy?" he asked. Gaby kept silent. He stared at Wendy and had great pity for her. He didn't want her sacked because of him.

"Y-yes sir," he stammered.

"Are you sure?" Wilkinson asked.

"Yeah sir," Gaby replied. Wilkinson wouldn't settle for that easily. He wanted to know if Gaby was saying the truth, so he asked,"What's in there?"
Gaby didn't think twice before saying, "A sack letter sir."

At that juncture, Wendy knew the favour Gaby had done. If Gaby had said the truth, Wendy would have to type her own sack letter in the next minute.
"Thank you Mr. Gaby for saving my job," Wendy said as she gave Gaby the envelope. "And I'm very sorry for this," Wendy added.
Gaby left in frustration.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 10, 2014
[b]When Gaby finished the story, Kate couldn't help shedding tears. She didn't know how to console her father. It was all her fault; if she hadn't stayed back in the CCUL, mum and dad wouldn't have worried and mum wouldn't have burnt up dad's shirt. Dad wouldn't have rushed to the hospital with the burnt cloth which he eventually wore to the office.

Gaby was not done yet.

"Just yesterday I checked my BP and doctor warned me that it's increasing at high rate."
Kate didn't want to imagine that her father was having a high blood pressure.

"Dad! I'm so sorry," Kate held on to her neck and sobbed. "Dad, I promise I'm gonna fix it all. Just come off these HBP father. Please come of it!" she wept.

CHAPTER FOUR
THE BET

The younger Ted soon bade the CCUL goodbye.
"I'll miss you both!" he screamed, waving at them.

"And you too," said Ted and Henry.

Ted was seated close to the window. Henry and the older Ted communicated with him through the partially opened window.

"Lest I forget Henry--" Ted said suddenly.

"What?" Henry asked.

"The picture," Ted said. " Henry, you refused to let me have that picture and I'll soon be going back to China. I mean how do you wanna lemme boost my ego before my friends? I swear, they'll respect me if they see that picture. I'll tell them you both are my servants learning Kungfu skills from me here."

"Shut up!" the older Ted screamed at him. "It's good you don't have it."

"You wanna go about lying to people about the picture? You ain't gonna do that," Henry said.

"Watch out for me Henry," said the younger Ted.

"I'll sure get the picture."

Henry laughed.

"From my pocket?" Henry was touching his pocket. He had just given the younger Ted the clue he had been wanting for the past seven days. But what could he possibly do now; he's already leaving for hid aunt's place. Ted hadn't rested in his attempt to get the photograph which, according to him, would boost his ego before his friends.

Ted had promised Susie heaven and earth just the day before, all with the aim of getting it. Susie asked him to go to hell. When the younger Ted wouldn't budge an inch, she told him that she gave the only copy to Doctor Mrs Walter.
The younger Ted approached the lecturer the same day, explaining how badly he would need the photograph.

"Please ma'am, if you can just give it to me...I'd be glad. I mean it's the only evidence to show my friends back in China that I'm a Kungfu master here in US. I mean er, can't you see how those guys carried me up like a king in there?"

Doctor Mrs Walter laughed; a throaty one. The younger Ted saw well into her alimentary canal. It was the most disgusting sight. Her breath smelled like the fumet of a spoilt meat on fire. The odor had pervaded the air.

"Ted or what did you tell me your name was?" said Doctor Walter. "You'll need see a psychiatrist fast," she snapped her fingers.

"What for?" Ted pulled up a grotesque.
"Can't you see? You're so sick in your head and ready to run berserk. You need medical attention." She rose up and ran a finger through his forehead down to his chest. Her finger seemed like a nail piercing through the younger Ted's skin.

"It's okay, I should take my leave-- now."
Ted rushed to the door with impulse.
"Ted!" she called. When he answered she said, "Please go with Henry to see the psychiatrist immediately, okay? He'll need a great deal of help too."
"I ain't seeing no one!" said Ted as he left and banged the door so hard.
"Foolish boy!" she yelled.
The younger Ted had searched all through Henry's room for the picture, but couldn't find it. Now Henry was flashing it at his face through the window of the vehicle.

"Hey Henry, where have you been hiding this picture all these days?" Ted was amazed. He reached for it to snaffle it off Henry's grip but he missed his target.

"Ha! Ha! Ha!" Henry laughed. "You ain't having this uh," Henry made fun.
"I mean er, I've searched all through your rooms for this, didn't find it. Where the hell was it?"
"Right in this pocket for the past three days now," Henry confessed. Ted, if you could remember, I've been having these trousers on me for three days now cos I was not gonna let you have this."
Henry waved the picture across his face again.
"Listen young boy, you can't have what we say you can't have cos we're the boss here uh," the older Ted spoke this time in ecstasy. "Henry, lemme have the picture."
The older Ted collected it from Henry and kept it in his own pocket.

"Yeah, Henry's pocket is safe; mine is safer. Not even a witch can get it off me as long as I want it in...here," he pronounced slowly.
The younger Ted wished he could just have it; at least make a duplicate and return it to them but they weren't ready to let it go.
"I'll get it from you guys so soon--today," he assured them.
"Today?" Henry and Ted spoke at once.
"Then let's see."
"Can't we have a bet?" said the younger Ted, smiling.

"A bet?" Henry spoke in shock.

"Yeah, a bet with you guys."

"A cashless bet or what?" Henry was confused. "You have no dime for God's sake!"
"You're even owing Henry," the older Ted added.
"That reminds me Ted, when are you paying back the money you stole, em, er, took from my safe?"
"I'm sure not gonna pay back a dime--" he looked at Henry's face which had suddenly displayed a large grimace. "--because we're using the money as a wager right away."
They got him now.

The younger Ted wanted the money he 'borrowed' (stole) from him to go down as a wager in the bet they were about to have. Henry had estimated it to be 35 dollars. The younger Ted wanted an 'invisible' bet. If he got the picture within 24 hours then Henry would have to forfeit the 35 dollars the younger Ted was owing him, but if it was the other way round then Ted would pay double of what he was owing.
Henry and the younger Ted held out their pinkies. They curled those fingers together to seal the bet.
The older Ted laughed at the younger. He brought his mouth close to his right ear and whispered, "Ted, if you think you're going to get the picture from me by a spell then forget it."
"I'll get it by my talent and with no magic involved at all," the younger Ted assured him. The older Ted stepped back and returned the picture into his back pocket.
The bus began to honk. It was getting ready to take off. The younger Ted waved at them to say goodbye. A drop of tears rolled down his right cheek. They waved back at him. Surely they'd miss each other very much.
When they were about twenty meters away from the bus, the younger Ted jumped down from the vehicle.
"Wait!" he screamed. They halted and turned to him again.
"Ted, why?" they were amazed. "You should get going, else the bus's gonna leave you."
"There are buses aplenty my friends..." he began to weep, sniffing, " but real friends aren't common. Missing the bus is nothing compared to missing my friends, my onlt true friends."
"Hmm..." Henry digested his words. The only touching words the younger Ted had ever uttered in Henry's hearing.
"Please come close to me, please, please," said Ted. Henry came first and Ted hugged him passionately. The bus was honking seriously but Ted paid no attention. He wouldn't, not when he hadn't hugged his namesake too.
"You guys really took great care of me," Ted said in tears. "I'll miss you both so much."
When he was done hugging, he switched over to Ted. It was another round of emotional display. They both wept.
"So...we ain't gonna be seeing each other frequently on earth, but in gyrus. What an unimaginable thing!" Ted sobbed on his shoulder.
"It's okay...it's okay. Now Ted, leave, I can perceive your bus's gonna move right away," said the older Ted. Just then, the bus began to move, but slowly.
"Bye," Ted waved at them and began to rush towards it.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 10, 2014
[b]Henry and Ted left the scene. They would be getting ready for lectures. Ted was feeling as though he should check his mirror. Henry was feeling the same way too. They had to depart to their various apartments to get them.
The younger Ted appeared in Henry's mirror.

"Ted are you home already?"

"Not at all Henry," said the younger Ted. "Didn't you see the background?"

Henry looked well into his mirror and discovered that Ted was still in the bus. He was awed. Are those around him not going to know the secret of the mirror? Why's he using it in there?

"Ted, are you crazy?" Henry screamed. The voice came out in double; exactly what the older Ted screamed too, the younger Ted having linked them together.

"Henry, you're in here too?" said the older Ted.

"Yeah," Henry replied. They could see each other in their mirrors. "Ted's going to run into trouble by publicly using that mirror."

Ted laughed amusingly.

"I ain't running into any trouble," said the younger Ted. "Didn't you check your mirrors well?"

Henry beamed at his mirror and discovered that everyone, except the driver of the bus, was dozing.

"Two dozens of souls dozing in there? How come?" Henry said suddenly. He was just too shocked. He couldn't fathom out how it was possible.

"Hmm...Ted must have used the spell on them," said the older Ted.

"You've guessed right Ted," the younger Ted corroborated. "I made them sleep, excluding the driver."

The bus driver turned his head backward. Ted kept quiet. Few seconds later he began to speak again.

"So, why disturbing us with this mirror call? We wanna prepare for lectures?" the older Ted said.

"Perhaps he's missing us already, so by all means he wanted to speak with us," Henry joshed.

"Missing you my foot!" the younger Ted yelled promptly. "I've never and I can never miss you guys. In fact I'd be relieved now. You guys made me go through hell in your damn school-made me lose my girlfriend--"

"What!" Henry screamed. "I thought you admitted you were at fault. Now you're blabbing these?"

"Er, what can you do?" Ted was pointing at Henry's face.

"Ted, you're an ingrate for this you say!" Henry was already getting annoyed.

The older Ted came into the matter:

"Henry, don't mind Ted. You should have known the kind of person he is. Few minutes ago he was hugging us in tears. Now he's speaking piffle. Let him go to hell."

"Did you say I hugged you guys?" said the younger Ted.

"Are you sick or you're amnesic?" Henry bawled. "Have you forgotten how you came off the bus to weep on our necks?"

"Perhaps the spell he cast on those innocent people in there has boomerang on him," said the older Ted. The younger Ted was overwhelmed in laughter. His mirror almost fell off his grip.

"Why the hell are you laughing?" Henry bawled.

"Because you guys are foolish," he told them point-blank.

"Why do you say that!" they asked simultaneously.

"If you aren't foolish you wouldn't have let me have this." The younger Ted waved the photograph in the air. They could not easily make anything of it due to the fastness of the wave. The older Ted was the first to make sense of it. His right hand went straight into his back pocket and nothing came out with it.

"Henry, Ted has it," said the older Ted in a low tone.

"Have what?" Henry was confused. The younger Ted displayed the photograph before them vividly now. Henry saw it and screamed, "Holy Connoly! How did you get that?"

"From what you called a hug earlier," said the younger Ted.

Henry's face was crumpled at the confession. He now directed his speech at the older Ted as he said, "Ted the older, you are to blame for this. How could you be so careless? Imagine, your body was so stiff and insensitive that you couldn't even feel Ted's hand in your pocket? Dead bone!"

The older Ted sulked but the younger Ted laughed. Despite his loud noise, nobody around him woke. The lady beside him had rested her weight on him in sleep. Ted freed himself from the burden. She was just too obese.

"Shut up Henry!" the younger Ted shunned him. "Was it not the same way I rendered you penniless? Now this pot is calling kettle black. All the money I took from your pockets were taken when the trousers were on you, yet you were never aware."

Henry felt silly when he heard him. To cover it up he yelled, " You are telling a lie!"

"You and I know it's the truth Henry. You can never feel my hands in your pockets cos I'm lightfingered." The younger Ted spoke confidently, as though he loved the fact that he was a thief.

All the while the older Ted was busy ransacking his pocket as though a miracle would bring the photo back to his pocket.

"Next time you guys should be more careful. Didn't Susie tell you guys how I got something from her pocket few days back when I was asking for this picture? Gush! That girl has eyes on her hindhead: she just turned swiftly and got it back," the younger Ted confessed.

The older Ted was the one to bear the whole loss. The younger Ted wouldn't need pay Henry a dime because he had just won the bet.

"Old Ted, you're at a loss," Henry declared to the older Ted.

"How am I at a loss? Don't tell me you ain't gonna pay me the money you borrowed anymore."

"That's exactly what I meant, old Ted. Young Ted's wage is the 35 dollar wager he's owing me. You made him get the pix, then you'll have to pay for it with the money I am owing you: cash cancelled and case closed."

"Oh, Oh, what an abstract bet!" the younger Ted was making fun of the older one whose money he borrowed Henry would now be lost in the bet.
Those in the bus had begun to wake now. The younger Ted quickly hid the mirror, else those in the bus would begin to ask what it was for.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Affable0709(m): 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
Super cool

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nice update Sir, we will surely get there.... Its just a matter of time. 1Love Boss. cheesycheesygringrincheesycheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
Canme4u: Nice update Sir, we will surely get there.... Its just a matter of time. 1Love Boss. cheesycheesygringrincheesycheesy
thanks a lot sir... wink
I'm only finding it hard to get the next one...If I don't get it eventually, I'll just have to summarise that point to the available point

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
[b]CHAPTER FIVE

TED'S FIGHTS

The younger Ted had invited Henry and the older Ted to his school in Ohio. They had promised to show up. Since the day Ted saw his teacher discussing with Harrison in gyrus, he hadn't been present in school for the fear of being given the cream by her. The younger Ted had malingered, hiding under the excuse of a terrible fever.

Harrison had lost patience. He had approached Mrs. Ross to ask her what the younger Ted and his friends were still doing alive. Mrs. Ross told him that Ted hadn't been present in school for days. Harrison instructed her to give him the cream in gyrus and not wait until the boy would be alright.

" How on earth do we keep waiting for him to recover? Just give it to him whenever you see him in gyrus again," Harrison instructed.

After the next gyrus meeting, Mrs. Ross sought Ted to give him the cream but he was nowhere to be found. She was furious. She couldn't wait any longer to get married to Harrison.

As promised, Henry and the older Ted paid Ted a visit in his school. They had to wait till after school hour to see him. The younger Ted saw them few distances away and began to hurry towards them. Just then, he was surrounded by a gang.

Henry and Ted had no clue what was happening, but when the boy in question saw them, he wasn't surprised at all. He knew what was going on.

"You guys again?" he said when he saw them. He knew what they were up to. They were seven in number. The tallest of them came close to the younger Ted and beamed belligerently at his face.

"Now you won't get out of this Ted," said the boy. "I told you last two weeks that you're in for trouble after crossing our path."

Ted had actually crossed his boundary earlier, having beaten up Charlie, a proud schoolmate who was a junior to him. Charlie belonged to the gang called Crazy Kids. After beating Charlie up, he got himself into trouble with Charlie's gang who ran after him but couldn't get him that day.

Now it was two weeks already and he hadn't showed up in school. The gang thought that Ted was actually trying to avoid them, but as a matter of fact, he was only trying to avoid his class teacher who was having the Cream of Death with her.

Mrs Ross was glad when she saw Ted in school that day, but unfortunately she didn't come to school with the cream that day. She had to return home, having asked Ted to wait behind for her after school so she could give him a cure for his sickness. She hadn't returned when Ted began to take his leave. Now on his way home he was attacked by the Crazy Kids.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
SammyHoe:
thanks a lot sir... wink
I'm only finding it hard to get the next one...If I don't get it eventually, I'll just have to summarise that point to the available point

have loaf is better than non... Well done sir.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
Canme4u:

have loaf is better than non... Well done sir.

thanks for your patience

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
SammyHoe:
thanks a lot sir... wink

ok sir.

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
SammyHoe: CHAPTER FIVE
TED'S FIGHTS
Nice Update.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
[b]Henry and the older Ted rushed to his aid, but they were immediately held down by the gang members, turning their hands backward and pinning them to the earth. They couldn't do anything other than groaning.

Charlie came close to the younger Ted and tapped him on the cheek. Charlie was around fourteen, but had all characteristics of a full-blown adult. His physique had probably ignited the impetus of pride in him such that he wouldn't regard his seniors at all.

Charlie believed in his broad shoulders so much that he forgot he was only fourteen. Believing he should be respected, Charlie beckoned on the younger Ted to help clean up his shoes. The younger Ted just grinned and said, "Do you know who I am? I'm your senior for chrissake!"

"Really?" Charlie did as if he wasn't aware. "And did I tell you I'm not aware?"

The younger Ted looked straight into his eyes. Charlie was quite bigger than Ted. Going by their statures, one would pick Charlie ahead of Ted to win a fight if one would crop up.

"Ain't you gonna stoop and clean up my shoes rightaway?" Ted just kept calm and watched. It hadn't happened before, a soul disobeying Charlie's instruction. Charlie had once asked Karl to lick up his shoes with his tongue. Karl was then a year Charlie's senior in the school. At first Karl refused, but when Charlie dealt him serious blows he succumbed. For the shame that accompanied the humiliation, Karl had to quit the school.

"Go get your popsy to do this for you," said the younger Ted as he turned to leave. Unexpectedly, Ted had a slap on his face. He bent and held the hurt cheek in his hands. Charlie stood before him and laughed. "Now you're gonna have to lick up the dirt on my shoes."

Ted raised his face and anger was written all over him. In the next minute, Charlie was lying down lifeless on the bare floor. His gang members had to come to his rescue.

"Where's he?" they asked. Charlie couldn't even utter a word, because his mouth was swollen. He just pointed towards the direction taken by Ted. They searched for the younger Ted; when they saw him they gave him a fierce chase. That was the last time they would see Ted in school until the present moment now.

Henry and Ted feared greatly that the younger Ted would be seriously injured by the gang. They began to give consideration to the use of magic. While still groaning in the dust Henry mustered all the strength in him to utter, "Young Ted, don't you think we should use the 'M' on these guys?"

"Let me on them," said Ted, exhibiting a great deal of sangfroid.

Charlie complained that the younger Ted took him aback in the fight the last time, so he had asked for a restage. They made their intentions known to Ted and his colleagues and the younger Ted heaved a sigh of relief. Earlier, he had expected that the seven guys would come for him all at once. If such was the case it would be more difficult for him.

The boys held to one another to form a 'bulwark' around the two boys that were to take up the fight. Charlie was overconfident and alert, unlike the first time when Ted upended him. However, Ted knew he wasn't still going to be free even after beating Charlie up. It was conspicuous that his gang members wouldn't still let him go scot-free.

Since it was closing hour already, nobody was around to watch the fight except for the two parties: Ted's and Charlie's. All the while, Henry was busy giving his brain a magical calculation. He had resolved in his mind that when worse come to worst he would introduce magic into the fight.

Charlie was the first of the two to make the move. He grabbed Ted by the jugular and raised him up with his flexed biceps muscle such that Ted's legs weren't touching the ground.

Henry and the older Ted feared strangulation, therefore they individually resolved to use the magic to set Ted free. To their shock they found the younger Ted's legs on Charlie's neck tightening it. Ted had acrobatically made the move. Now, Charlie had to leave Ted's neck alone so that he could free himself from Ted's acrobatic headlock. When he left Ted's neck, the latter placed down his palms and twisted Charlie's neck with his legs such that he fell.

Charlie groaned in pain.
[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
[b]The gang members were upset. Just when they were going to disentangle and come after Ted, the latter ran with full force and jumped out of the circle. The way younger Ted had jumped was shocking. Was he scared of the gang? How could he have jumped over two high shoulders abutting each other that way? They were going to give Ted a chase when they suddenly heard a feminine voice behind them.

"Hey, you all, what are you doing here?" a feminine voice sounded. Shockingly, everyone scuttled away to safety.

It was Mrs Ross. No student was ever ready to fall into her trap. They detested her greatly due to her perpetual style of punishing students. She would lock up offenders in the school detention for a whole school day. Mrs. Ross was never scared of any gang. She had punished several gang members without any punishment following. Seemed she was using a form of gyrusic power to make students respect her.

Henry and Ted had to run too-only Charlie was left on the floor.

Mrs. Ross screamed with all her might:

"Don't run! I see you all, Ted Manuel, Peter and his co-gang members-the Crazy kids, Henry White and his friend Ted Manuel and..." she turned around the soul on the floor, "What the hell?"

Mrs. Ross was shocked, seeing Charlie lying flat. She knew she witnessed a fight just now but didn't know it was involving the 'Invincible Charlie' as he was always called. It was beyond her ken that Ted Manuel could beat Charlie up that way.

Unconcernedly, Mrs. Ross whispered into Charlie's ear, "Come for your punishment whenever you're ready." She began to hurry for her classroom, knowing quite well that Ted would now be waiting pretentiously for her there.

Henry and the older Ted were shocked when they heard Mrs. Ross scream their names just now.

"How did she come about our names?" Henry asked in amazement.

"Don't be silly Henry. Ain't we the most popular in the planet up there," said Ted, pointing up arbitrarily.

"What is she now gonna think of the younger Ted?" Henry said. "For heaven's sake she saw him fighting."

"That shouldn't be our own headache. Ted should know how to sort himself out," the older Ted replied.

Mrs. Ross pondered on the scene. She couldn't figure out the possibility of little Ted beating up the one called 'Invincible'. Now she began to read meaning to Ted's absence from school for those two weeks.

Was Ted sick indeed? How could he possibly be sick and yet possess the strength to beat up Charlie that way? It shouldn't have been possible, even while he was healthy let alone when he was just convalescing.

Mrs. Ross would want the truth unravelled, therefore she intensified her walk towards the classroom. However, she had settled it in her mind that the younger Ted was avoiding her. Perhaps he knew about the plot with Harrison, she thought.

Mrs. Ross stared at the younger Ted. She pretended as though she wasn't aware that he saw the boy fighting on the field.

"Mm, er, so Ted I'm back," she said.

"I've been waiting for long in here," Ted feigned genuineness. If Ted had heard her shout his name on the field earlier, he wouldn't have uttered the lie he just uttered. At this, she suspected that the younger Ted had all the while been hypocritical. To catch him red-handed the more, she said, "When last have you seen Henry and Ted your gyrus friends?"

"When last?" Ted was short of word. He was suspecting that she had seen them on the playground.

"Yeah, when last," she asked.

"Em, er...anything? Why asking about them?"

Mrs. Ross forced a smile out of her mouth.

"Anyway, nothing serious, just to know if Harrison hasn't hurt them."

"I still spoke with them today through my mirror." Ted fell for her trick.

"Em, happy to hear that...because Harrison is planning a deadly attack on you guys."

Henry and the older Ted were bending behind the classroom window to listen to their conversation. They were peeping into the classroom intermittently to see how things would go. They had heard everything spoken by the two inside.

Mrs. Ross cleared her phlegmy throat in readiness to speak. She moved close to the window to expectorate. The phlegm landed on Henry's forehead. Henry was upset.

"Ted, here's the cream," she said, bringing it out of her handbag.

The younger Ted showed no sign of nervousness in order to make her have no inkling that he knew something about the plot. He just accepted the little bottle from her and made to leave.

"Don't tell me you're gonna leave without listening to how you'd be applying the cream ."

"How?" he asked impulsively.

"Nothing much," she said. "Apply it every evening just before going to bed. It's not just a cure for physical ailments as you think, but a cream that makes you invulnerable to all magical antics. When you apply it, no magical attacks would conquer you."

The younger Ted opened the bottle as though he would use the cream immediately. Henry and the older Ted were scared and stunned when they saw that. Henry was going to yell.
[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
[b]Ted pressed his right palm firmly against Henry's lips. If Ted had delayed a second more, Henry's yell would have rented the air, thereby destroying the whole plan-the plan to make Mrs. Ross not to be suspicious.

However, Henry struggled hard to lift Ted's hand off his mouth so he could make the yell, but he soon suspended the motion when he heard the younger Ted say, "Ow! I don't think it's okay using it without having a bath." He screwed it up again and looked at Mrs. Ross to read the reaction on her face. She managed to grin as she said, "It's okay, Ted, use it at your own convenient time, eh."

Just when the younger Ted was about to leave, Charlie came in.

"What the hell are you looking for?" shw screamed it him. Charlie's face was quite gloomy.

"I--I want to get my punishment rightaway," he said. There was something about Ross' eyeballs; a gift she probably got in gyrus to facilitate her teaching profession: any student who saw her eyeballs would have no choice than to submit to her injuction. Little wonder she had been able to disgrace many gang members without having to be punished in return.

Mrs Ross was the soul responsible for the expulsion of all the gang members of The Spider, a once notorious gangster in the high school. Yet, it was five years already and she hadn't been punished in retaliation.

Charlie didn't want to be disgraced by her during school hours, so he came to receive his punishment at once.

Mrs Ross smiled and beckoned on Ted to come back to her. He returned.

"Ted, why are you pretending?" he said. Ted kept silent. He knew what she was driving at. "Don't look at me that way. Do you think I was blind not to have seen you beating Charlie up?"

Ted turned down his head, abashed. He was clicking the floor with the tips of his toes.

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

"I doubt that you were sick at all, Ted. Now give me the reason why I won't report your malingery to the school authority."

"Please don't do that ma, my mentor," Ted flattered her. She loved being called a mentor or a role model. She smiled conspicuously and said, "Mm, Ted, never worry I won't do that. Just go now." When Ted turned to leave, she added, "Please let Henry and Ted have a share of the cream as well. You know Harrison is after them too."

"I'll do just that," said Ted as he walked away.
1 Like
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Sammy Hoe: 11:30am On Feb 17
Henry and Ted joined the younger Ted as they walked hastily out of the school vicinity.

"Ted, what the hell did you do to those guys?" said the younger Ted.

"That Charlie asked me to clean up his shoes and I gave him what he was looking for? I taught him a sad lesson." Ted said boastfully.

Henry suddenly squeezed his face as though he was perceiving a fresh fart whose obnoxious smell had just pervaded the air. When the younger Ted asked Henry said, "Your teacher's phlegm-she spat that rubbish on me."

"How?" Ted was surprised, since he wasn't aware that Henry and the older Ted were crouching behind the classroom window earlier. When Henry told him, he burst into laughter.

"Why didn't you lick it up?" Ted cachinated.

The older Ted poked his hand into the younger Ted's pocket and took the little bottle from there.

"Give that to me!" the younger Ted screamed but Ted was quick to cast it away. The bottle landed far away from them and got smashed on some pebbles far away.

Henry remembered the photograph. He was lucky to have it back after dipping a hand into the younger Ted's second pocket.

"Wow! I've got it back!" Henry showed Ted the picture. The younger Ted was confused. He didn't know either to chase his namesake for throwing the bottle of cream away or to give Henry a chase for getting the picture back. For the cream, the younger Ted had intended applying it on any gang member of the Crazy Kids who would come for him later, and for the photograph, he would need take it with him to China during vacation.

The younger Ted went after Henry but couldn't get him.

Meanwhile the younger Ted was hanging around with Henry and Ted, Kate was having the most traumatic moment of her life. She couldn't stand the guilt that she was responsible for her father's dismissal from office. She was also annoyed with Henry for telling her dad that she wasn't with her music band when the accident took place, but with a lover instead.

"Henry! That fool!" Kate clenched her fist and banged it on the wall. The inanimate object would have to suffer such torture perpetually whereas Henry, the cause of her bitterness, was somewhere enjoying himself. Henry himself wasn't aware of his father's status- he wasn't informed that his father had lost his job. He had thought that the ceasure of the inflow of his pocket money was only a punitive measure for 'breaking' his sister's head.

Henry's hatred for his sister had developed again. As a matter of fact, it was good that she suffered the blow since she was the one the younger Ted spent all the stolen money upon.

"It's good she has her fair share," Henry thought.

Kate was making a big mistake for thinking that it was Henry who told her father that her music band had left her before she got the blow. Actually, Gaby wouldn't have known the truth if Jane hadn't come to inform him of the real cause. Succinctingly, Jane told Gaby that Kate didn't join them when they were leaving the CCUL.

"She stayed back with a lover instead," Jane said. If Belinda knew about Jane's betrayal, she wouldn't take it lightly with her. Earlier, Kate had asked her music band if they were the ones who divulged the truth to her father and they denied. Even Jane herself denied. Rather, she began to hypocritically show Kate some undeserved affectation such that the latter began to confide in her.

"Kate, I perceive it is your false lover who told your dad about it," Jane said slyly.

Ruefully, Kate contradicted. Seemed she still had some feelings for Ted. The thought of losing Ted hadn't ceased to rankle with her.

Jane came behind her and placed her right arm on her shoulder.

"Kate, you know I've never been your friend. Now that I suddenly become a friend you think I'll want to advise you wrongly? Listen Kate, that guy is a pretender."

Kate was silent. She just ran a finger across her right cheek to wipe out a tear. Jane shook her head to show a saccharine emotion of sympathy for Kate.

"Right from the onset I knew your relationship with him wasn't gonna last, but then I kept quiet since I know you ain't a friend of mine."

"So, what d'you expect me to do now?" Kate asked. Jane smirked.

"Don't you think Ted deserves to be punished?" she said.

Kate gave her opinion a consideration. She asked her how. For an answer, she placed her lips close to Kate's left ear and whispered something into it.

"Whao!" Kate screamed excitedly. "That's a very good idea!"[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
[b]The younger Ted had a letter in his mailbox. His aunt had just called his notice to it. His smile was unusually wide after perusing its content. It was a letter from Kate. Ted wished his aunt hadn't seen the content, if she had, she would definitely not let him go do it. Kate had demanded to see Ted immediately.

KATE'S LETTER

Dear Ted,
I am very sorry for my stupidity in the hospital that day. Since then I haven't stopped thinking about you. It's like you left a part of you in my heart. Please do forgive me for my behaviour and let's put everything that happened behind us and start afresh. By the way, will you catch me up in Los Angeles, Crystal Cottage to be precise. I'd be waiting for you there this morning, 9 am. I'll skip class just to see your face.
I LOVE YOU.
Kate White.

Ted was glad. Earlier, he wasn't planning to go to school that morning at all. What was he going to tell Mrs. Ross to make her believe he used the cream? The only evidence she needed was death. In lieu of school, he would now hang around with Kate all day.

Crystal Cottage wasn't a small place to be. Ted would need cash to get there. He would also need extra cash to lavish on her. Ohio to California wasn't a small journey.

Like a sneak thief, Ted tiptoed into his aunt's room. She was half-awake.

"Ted, what the hell are you still doing here?" she asked.

"I--I..." Ted was short of words. He didn't know how to ask her for money. He would have stolen the cash she had under her pillow if only she hadn't been awake. At last, he mustered the effrontery to lie to her. "There's this Textbook my class teacher ask me to buy," he said. She suspected he was telling a lie.

"Ssh!" she shunned him. "Lucy called me this morning..."

"This morning?" Ted was shocked. He had speculated what his teacher wanted to confirm.

"Yeah, around 5 am this morning."

"Why did she call you? I mean what did she say?"

"She just wanted to know if you were awake. I told her you were still lying down there like a dead rabbit."

Ted heaved. Her statement was a confirmation to what he was thinking about his class teacher. At least for the moment she would be glad that Ted wasn't awake.

"Aunt, sincerely she asked me to get the English textbook due to my bad spellings," Ted changed the topic with a lie.

"You liar!" she yelled at him. "I'll call her to confirm that rightaway," she said and reached for the telephone immediately. At that instance, Ted rushed out of the room. When he returned, he found his aunt still struggling with the telephone.

"Have you confirmed it?" asked Ted coolly.

"Not going through," she said in exasperation and gave up. She turned to Ted and said, "Ted, you'd better not let me find out that you weren't telling the truth, else..." she threatened. Ted grinned.

She reached for her pillow and got a black purse. She pulled at the zipper and fetched for some money from it.

"Have this," she handed them over to Ted and added, "It should suffice to get the textbook. I'll ask Lucy for the cost later so that I can have my correct change."

Ted winked and rushed out of the room.

A motorcycle grounded to a halt before Ted. A man with a walrus moustache descended.

"Is this the Eve's Manor House?" he asked Ted.

"Yeah," he replied. "Any letter?"

"You've got one," he said and produced an envelope. The man was still struggling to pronounce the name on the envelope when Ted snatched it from him.

"It's for me I know for sure," he said.

"Are you expecting a letter?" said the man with a smile.

"Yeah," said Ted. The man was gawking at him ludicrously as if he had something up his sleeves.

"Why staring at me like this?" Ted voiced out.

"I, uh, dunno if you can help me with breakfast? I'm very much hungry at the moment," the man said. Ted knew what he wanted- tips and not food at all.

"Funny man. Can't you see I'm late for school?"

"At least I can have a dollar..." before he landed, Ted had tucked 50 cent into his right hand.
"Go smoke with that," Ted grinned and began to depart in haste.

Ted hadn't gone far when his aunt remembered something.

"How did I forget to ask Ted for the content of the letter?" she spoke to herself. Quickly, she rushed to the lounge, peradventure Ted had left it there. Luckily she found it and read the content in haste.

"Ted!" she screamed, having discovered through the letter that Ted was now on his way to California.

Quickly she reached for the telephone on her desk. She wanted to dial Mrs. Ross again. Just then she discovered that the telephone cables had been disconnected.

"Oh my Gush!" she screamed. "Teeeeeed!!!"[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
[b]Ted was almost hit by a rickety Peugeot 504 car traversing the lane. The driver peeped from the window and cursed him:

"Silly fool!" he screamed at Ted. Frankly speaking, Ted was at fault. He was reading the letter the post man just gave him on the road. Contrary to his guess, it wasn't Kate who authored this particular letter, but Jane her friend.

Jane's Letter:

Hi Ted,
I write this letter to warn you of an imminent trouble. Kate is planning to set you up. She has arranged for five hefty guys to beat you up at a venue she would choose. Beware!!!
Kate doesn't love you at all, therefore stay away from her to avoid troubles.
Jane Putin.

"poo!" Ted cried and tucked the letter in his pocket.

Cassy and Genevieve came to ask Henry for help. Henry had promised to help them out earlier. They would be having a test to write before the Xmas break.

"Where do you girls wanna have the tutorial?" Henry asked them. Cassy and Genevieve looked into each other's faces. Cassy was making face at Genevieve. Genevieve wanted to suggest having it in the reading room but Cassy was quick to say, "In my apartment. We ain't gonna be disturbed over there," said Cassy.

Henry was quiet for a while.
Eventually he said, alright no problem.

"I'll prepare dinner," Cassy said.

"You may not," Henry said, "Cos I'm not staying long in your house. I'll come by 5pm and leave 6pm cos I've gotta do something else..."

"Don't you worry, Henry Gee," they said with grins.

"Just, just call me up by 5pm," Henry said.

"On your land line?" asked Cassy.

"No," Henry said. "On my cellular. I just got one last month." Henry tore a sheet of paper and scribbled something on it. "Reach me on that by 5pm."

"Take care Henry Gee," the girls waved at him.

"Take care girls," Henry replied without looking back at them. He hurried to get a cab. They had only met on the road that morning.

"Yees!" Genevieve was excited. "We just spoke with a genius." She tightened up on herself as though she was hugging somebody. "He's too sweet!"

"Good, Genevieve," Cassy said. "Get set for kitchen in my apartment today; you know I'm a bad cook," Cassy made a grotesque. Genevieve squeezed her face too. Seemed she wouldn't fancy the idea of being relegated to doing kitchen stuffs.

The younger Ted had all the while forgotten how long the journey from Columbus, Ohio to Los Angeles, California would last. It wasn't even a matter of 24 hours by road.

"Gush!" he banged his fist on his head in frustration. If the younger Ted hadn't told Kate a big lie about being very rich, she wouldn't have asked him to come to California within the short frame of time stipulated in the letter. She had thought he would come by flight.

Earlier, Ted had lied to Kate that he was the son of a mogul who had all the cash within his reach.

"My dad commands cash," Ted lied.

A drive from Columbus to Los Angeles would take nothing less than 24 hours. How possibly would he make it to the place in the next 2 hours.

"Gush! It's 7 am already."

The younger Ted was left without an idea. He stared into his wristwatch again and hissed. He soon began to ponder on Jane's letter.

What if Jane was telling the truth? Is this journey worth making? Why the short frame of time? Can't she ask me to come some other times; why now? Ted pondered.

Ted suddenly smiled when he pondered upon something. He bent beside the road and took out his Atlas.

"This should work," he whispered to himself. Ted called at a guest house. He was going to have his school uniform changed there. He hadn't remembered to take another cloth with him.

In a jiffy Ted had stolen an oversize jean trouser belonging to a 'shitter' in the toilet over there. The owner had only hung it over the toilet door while he passed his excreta.

Now all he needed to do was to touch the sketch on the map where Los Angeles was and phew! he would be there. To avoid touching the wrong path, the younger Ted used the tip of his pen. He made his wish known as he made incantations. Ted had declared his wish to land in a toilet in Los Angeles.

"What the hell!" Ted yelled when he found his right leg far stuck in a toilet hole.
[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
oops! Ayam tired! I need ten comments before I continue grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by kingphilip(m): 12:04am On Jul 11, 2014
Hw he wqn take carry dat leg comeout nw
Kia e no gud to lie o

BTW Sammy Tnx for da update n good morning

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 11, 2014
kingphilip: Hw he wqn take carry dat leg comeout nw
Kia e no gud to lie o

BTW Sammy Tnx for da update n good morning

Thanks... and gud morning too
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by kingphilip(m): 12:20am On Jul 11, 2014
SammyHoe:

Thanks... and gud morning too
I was tempted to ask about ur nyt but I won't
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 6:03am On Jul 11, 2014
Oga sammy thanks for the update
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2014
Bash92: Oga sammy thanks for the update

Thanks, gud morning
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Vstuffs(m): 8:11am On Jul 11, 2014
Bros I dey hail o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

A Must Read-letter From Abraham Lincoln To His Son’s Teacher / Love Don't Cost A Thing. / My Village Prince And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.